Anyone investing heavily this year??

How much money did you lose/gain this past week?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Coldchi

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
HicVJRj.png

Missed opportunity today. I was watching NNDM in this channel, but missed it about to break out yesterday. :rolleyes:
classic ABCD pattern for the breakout.....

ie:
FLWAJSQNUC.png

HellBoy

Black Cam Girls -> BlackCamZ.Com
Platinum Member
nkCO8zk.png

Watching WKHS to see if it breaks below the channel, if so might go back to $20 for another swing up. If it bounces in the channel, I might be able to get ~$5 out of it.

xfactor

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
classic ABCD pattern for the breakout.....

ie:
FLWAJSQNUC.png
Props on posting the charts and what they mean. That is a key that is going to help brothas pick this shit up quick because we are already smarter than the Neanderthal , we just are too ignorant (unaware of what we can do).
Remember Eddie Murphy on ‘Trading Places’? The nigga came off the street and had more success than the prepped and groomed cacs. Chris Gardner is another example from the broker side.

We just don’t have the capital either but that can be amassed with the right knowledge. Like I told someone above, it is the most difficult game you ever play but props for picking it up so quick.

xfactor

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
And it is also important to know your trading style. Everyone’s style and plan can be different but still have success. My style is non-conventional because I pick up so much information that I would literally be leveraged out being in so many plays. That was what made me lose my first big comma.

The worst call you can get, other than a close family member passing, is the margin call. :smh:

but I bounced back and now I’m at two commas because I was able to put protections in place to manage my trading style, which is spotting multi-baggers a mile away, but (I didn’t have the patience to sit on them). I allocated my capital to different brokers and used them for different styles. That way I won’t trade away stocks like $BBIG that I was sitting on knowing it would pop 200% and still buy stocks that I’ll never sell and have stocks I can trade (because let’s admit the game is fun).

Efkie

International
International Member
Still learning:
How many of you use position size as a rule? I am learning to be disciplined and factor out emotions in my trades got burnt both ways, too much or too little. Again thanks to all the contributors.
Money at Risk ÷ Cents at Risk = Ideal Position Size

Are you familiar with the classics ( Ed Thorp (Kelly Criterion) or Van Tharp) with regards to this subject ?
On TheSwedishInvestor or Financial Videos you can find reviews
It can become very complicated from what i've seen.
Ideally one would risk 2% or less of your capital per trade. But the amount of money needed would be to much my terms.

After I blew up my account for the 2nd time I decided to do only 1 lot 5 point wide option spreads.
Only after I doubled my account I earned the right to widen my strikes or to double the contract (depends on the value of the underlying)
So when I do short term trading I try to stay as small as possible

rph2005

Rising Star
OG Investor
nkCO8zk.png

Watching WKHS to see if it breaks below the channel, if so might go back to $20 for another swing up. If it bounces in the channel, I might be able to get ~$5 out of it.
Oh wise one, what do the charts reveal to us about ARWR? I don’t know how to read charts. Never bothered. But since you’re the chart whisperer up in here, please run arwr and cvs thru your thingamagiga and let’s see what it says

Coldchi

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
ADMP Open @ 2.34 90% gain for me. Sudden dip triggered my stop loss. Cant be mad $681 while sleeping.
Thanks again "Coldchi", respect.
yeah the support level for it is at 1.81.......as long as it stays above....you're good. normally i gauge my stop losses and not wait til it gets so close to the support level before i sell. but for those that may be still in ADMP....if it reaches that mark (1.81)....sell....if not....it has the potential to keep rising thru the day.

ghour

Star
BGOL Investor
I am trying to get up to speed on trading like everyone else, what is the best way to start learning more about the best stocks to invest in?

HellBoy

Platinum Member
Oh wise one, what do the charts reveal to us about ARWR? I don’t know how to read charts. Never bothered. But since you’re the chart whisperer up in here, please run arwr and cvs thru your thingamagiga and let’s see what it says
ZMYszDU.png

Still learning, but if I was watching this one, I'd watch for a bounce around $76.70. If it does, it could see its next resistance at $95. If it fell below $73, next stop may be ~$69.

CVS chart is a mess. I see no clear direction on it. Its current resistance is ~$77.

Aww Skeet Skeet!

The antithesis of nonsense.
BGOL Investor
$AMD eating off Intel's poor earnings reaction.
Gonna see how these $INTC February puts feel. May bite if the price is right. ER on Jan 21. Very curious as to their 2021 outlook.

Man, $INTC had me worried just a tinge on these puts:scared::lol:.

Their earnings were a mixed bag. Revenue and earnings smoked estimates. But I like to look at Gross margin yoy and revenue by business segment yoy. GM fell yoy. Was that due to competition resulting in pricing drops? Their biggest segment of PCs/laptops saw an increase in revenue but their next biggest revenue segment, data centers, dropped 16% yoy. Why's that? Competition? ARM or AMD or both? ARM if they consider the cloud part of data center (think Amazon's Graviton ARM processor), but if not, then it's purely competition from AMD.

The big thing that really sunk them was their 7nm process wouldnt be ready until 2023H1, AND they foresee all chips being made in-house. Not too long ago investors were clamoring for $INTC to outsource manufacturing to another fab with a leading edge process (Samsung /TSM).

What does this mean for $AMD. I'm expecting a pretty damn good 4Q ER. They're selling everything their making, gaining market share in that lucrative data center segment, and xbox/ps5 demand is thru the roof. I bought a few calls on AMD (C90) when it dropped below 90. That said, SP after ER is always alil weird. But I feel good about $AMD up untill 2023. Looking for 120+ SP this year. Only a few things could stop them:. tightening wafer supply constraints or a tsunami hitting Taiwan.

Last edited:

havelcok

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Craziness! The shorts are covering their positions. They've essentially bought all their position to minimize losses which artificially increased the $GME price within a matter of minutes. The IV on $GME is unreal...like 350%

Fuck that! Not touching any of that drama

anyone getting in now
Has testicles of fortitude
or is just damn stupid

HellBoy

Platinum Member
I flattened my puts right after the halt lifted. Shame, it said $5.00, but dropped to $3.05 in 2 seconds. :dunno: I may buy them back right before close.

Last edited: