Georgia Democrat Vernon Jones officially walks away from the party, joins GOP

xxxbishopxxx

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Did candidates representing the Black agenda I want get elected? No, they did not. So I won’t be seeing anything for my vote this go around.
Why not promote them and the agenda they are running on? What's this bullshit about well if I tell you it will be a distraction? You have no problem posting and defending your position on everything else. However,for whatever reason, you are too scared to put your name behind the candidate that you think best serves your/our interest.

If they are about that ADOS life as you think they are, you should be pushing for them NOW. When Biden fails us as you assume he will, this person you are afraid to name will already have some traction going.

VAiz4hustlaz

Proud ADOS and not afraid to step to da mic!
BGOL Investor
Why not promote them and the agenda they are running on? What's this bullshit about well if I tell you it will be a distraction? You have no problem posting and defending your position on everything else. However,for whatever reason, you are too scared to put your name behind the candidate that you think best serves your/our interest.

If they are about that ADOS life as you think they are, you should be pushing for them NOW. When Biden fails us as you assume he will, this person you are afraid to name will already have some traction going.

ADOS has done nothing but promote the agenda! There’s even a major thread on here that a MOD renamed to “a collection of ADOS tweets that nobody cares about.” I started a reparations thread that a MOD removed from the stickies list. Did you not see above in my reply to chichidan where I quoted several older posts of mine in which I had highlighted Marianne Williamson, specifically because she included reparations in her platform?

And what reply did I get to that? “Oh, candidates like that will never have a chance of winning anyway!” Of course, this ignores the greater objective of putting the issue within the “Overton window”, just as Andrew Yang has put the UBI in there, Bernie has put universal healthcare in, and AOC has put the Green New Deal in.

Hell, no one would have even been talking about a Black economic agenda or reparations if ADOS didn’t force the conversation. And most of you are still pushing back against it. Hence the vitriol we receive on this board.

But, as I also told chichi and others, Y’ALL WON! Your strategy worked. You worked tirelessly to distort the ADOS message yet Black voters saved Biden and the Dems three major times over the past year. You got your man and your party in office. Now you can tag me in posts with a laughing emoji as they execute that “Lift Every Voice” plan and prove ADOS wrong.

xxxbishopxxx

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
ADOS has done nothing but promote the agenda! There’s even a major thread on here that a MOD renamed to “a collection of ADOS tweets that nobody cares about.” I started a reparations thread that a MOD removed from the stickies list. Did you not see above in my reply to chichidan where I quoted several older posts of mine in which I had highlighted Marianne Williamson, specifically because she included reparations in her platform?

And what reply did I get to that? “Oh, candidates like that will never have a chance of winning anyway!” Of course, this ignores the greater objective of putting the issue within the “Overton window”, just as Andrew Yang has put the UBI in there, Bernie has put universal healthcare in, and AOC has put the Green New Deal in.

Hell, no one would have even been talking about a Black economic agenda or reparations if ADOS didn’t force the conversation. And most of you are still pushing back against it. Hence the vitriol we receive on this board.

But, as I also told chichi and others, Y’ALL WON! Your strategy worked. You worked tirelessly to distort the ADOS message yet Black voters saved Biden and the Dems three major times over the past year. You got your man and your party in office. Now you can tag me in posts with a laughing emoji as they execute that “Lift Every Voice” plan and prove ADOS wrong.
writing all that is great. Feel free to actually answer the question, of what candidate you are backing and why you feel they are the best. Since you feel none of the current crop is going to listen to your needs, you need to start pushing one that will actually get your agenda passed.

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

The Overton window is the range of policies politically acceptable to the mainstream population at a given time. It is also known as the window of discourse.

1. This new generation of blacks can't take credit for something thats ALWAYS been in the public discourse...Malcolm and Martin were talking about this stuff 50 years ago and people before them. So thats not true.

2. You mention Yang, Bernie and AOC....and what do you have.... a multi-millionaire running for public office and two elected politicians already there PLUS the programs they're discussing benefits all citizens across the spectrum, not just one specific group. And even then ALL of them received significant push back on shit that would benefit EVERYONE.

3. since you don't accept anything other than a specific ADOS agenda nothing biden and dems can do is right to you or ADOS....nothing. When asked do YOU want the LEV plan to be enacted or not?? your answer: In the context it is currently written in.....no.

So there is no proving you wrong. It doesn't matter. Your position is set and anything less than that is weaksauce at best and sell out at worst...hence the Obama pic...no matter what he did he didn't get thru exactly what you wanted the way you wanted it so fuck him.

Which brings us back to this...
tenor.gif

But what you fail to see is that if reparations happens it won't look like what you want it to be.... so what is ADOS going to do when you hit that crossroad? Accept the compromise (like marianne's waterdown 500b plan) or reject it because ADOS should be getting no less than 10 TRILLION in compensation for the historic fuckery. Thats the heart of the politics game you guys are refusing to recognize.

xfactor

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Shills in here STILL refusing to see the con although the BLUE team has the crown now.

when the policies aren’t passed in 2021 and 2022 how many excuses will they come up with when every other group except so-called blacks will get help? I even predict Biden helps the RED hat MAGAs more than he helps so-called black people.

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Shills in here STILL refusing to see the con although the BLUE team has the crown now.

when the policies aren’t passed in 2021 and 2022 how many excuses will they come up with when every other group except so-called blacks will get help? I even predict Biden helps the RED hat MAGAs more than he helps so-called black people.
tenor.gif

VAiz4hustlaz

BGOL Investor

The Overton window is the range of policies politically acceptable to the mainstream population at a given time. It is also known as the window of discourse.

1. This new generation of blacks can't take credit for something thats ALWAYS been in the public discourse...Malcolm and Martin were talking about this stuff 50 years ago and people before them. So thats not true.

Reparations has NOT always been discussed in MAINSTREAM public discourse. Name me any politicians of the past 50 years who openly discussed the issue prior to this campaign year!! Yes, Malcolm and NOI had reparations in the official platform, but they were and still are known primarily as a Black separatist organization that shunned political involvement. And they were NEVER mainstream. And MLK is known as the leader of the Civil Rights Movement and integration. And that was radical for its time. And when MLK talks like he does in the video below and in the excerpt below from Where Do We Go From Here, it wasn't in the mainstream and you rarely if ever hear people talk about that. Hell, MLK Day is a little over a week away and you WON'T hear people, except ADOS, talking about. That includes you, with your "reparations ain't happening and a rising tide lifts all boats" bullshit.

"No amount of gold could provide an adequate compensation for the exploitation and humiliation of the Negro in America down through the centuries. Not all the wealth of this affluent society could meet the bill. Yet a price can be placed on unpaid wages. The ancient common law has always provided a remedy for the appropriation of the labor of one human being by another. This law should be made to apply for American Negroes. The payment should be in the form of a massive program by the government of special, compensatory measures which could be regarded as a settlement in accordance with the accepted practice of common law. Such measures would certainly be less expensive than any computation based on two centuries of unpaid wages and accumulated interest. I am proposing, therefore, that, just as we granted a GI Bill of Rights to war veterans, America launch a broad-based and gigantic Bill of Rights for the Disadvantaged, our veterans of the long siege of denial."

2. You mention Yang, Bernie and AOC....and what do you have.... a multi-millionaire running for public office and two elected politicians already there PLUS the programs they're discussing benefits all citizens across the spectrum, not just one specific group. And even then ALL of them received significant push back on shit that would benefit EVERYONE.

Pushback from who? People like you who claim to be "progressive" but will be the first ones to press against any kind of revolutionary changes. What they're pushing gets more resistance within the Democratic Party before it's even reaches the GOP. That is the problem, and it's the same problem ADOS is facing from y'all. You don't want real change. You won't a return to the status quo and normality; a normality under which Black people still suffer and don't get shit.

3. since you don't accept anything other than a specific ADOS agenda nothing biden and dems can do is right to you or ADOS....nothing. When asked do YOU want the LEV plan to be enacted or not?? your answer: In the context it is currently written in.....no.

So there is no proving you wrong. It doesn't matter. Your position is set and anything less than that is weaksauce at best and sell out at worst...hence the Obama pic...no matter what he did he didn't get thru exactly what you wanted the way you wanted it so fuck him.

Because the LEV plan in fronted as a Black-agenda plan but then in comes the "minority" and "women" talk, which really means "minorities other than Black people", "LGBT", and "white women", since they're a minority by legal definition as well. It's not different than when. company creates a "diversity" program headed by a white lesbian and hiring immigrants. No different than Obama's "My Brother's Keeper" plan. No different than BLM. When seen the bullshit before and we already know what time it is.

Which brings us back to this...

But what you fail to see is that if reparations happens it won't look like what you want it to be.... so what is ADOS going to do when you hit that crossroad? Accept the compromise (like marianne's waterdown 500b plan) or reject it because ADOS should be getting no less than 10 TRILLION in compensation for the historic fuckery. Thats the heart of the politics game you guys are refusing to recognize.

Do you even know what comprises the general ADOS reparations plan? No, you don't. And you're too lazy to research it. Even though it's right here on this board and has been posted many times. You'd rather argue against something you haven't informed yourself about. And, as you already said, you're generally against a specific ADOS reparations plan (and let's be honest: the specificity of it for ADOS is why YOU (and HOTLANTAN, MR MET, MCGUYVER, VERITECH, et all) hate it so much).

But anyway, the conversation should be moot at this point. You got your Prez. You got your Democratic Congress. ADOS won't have anything to talk about for the next two years as Biden and Harris go to work. We can just "lift every voice and sing until earth and heaven ring."

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Reparations has NOT always been discussed in MAINSTREAM public discourse. Name me any politicians of the past 50 years who openly discussed the issue prior to this campaign year!! Yes, Malcolm and NOI had reparations in the official platform, but they were and still are known primarily as a Black separatist organization that shunned political involvement. And they were NEVER mainstream. And MLK is known as the leader of the Civil Rights Movement and integration. And that was radical for its time. And when MLK talks like he does in the video below and in the excerpt below from Where Do We Go From Here, it wasn't in the mainstream and you rarely if ever hear people talk about that. Hell, MLK Day is a little over a week away and you WON'T hear people, except ADOS, talking about. That includes you, with your "reparations ain't happening and a rising tide lifts all boats" bullshit.

"No amount of gold could provide an adequate compensation for the exploitation and humiliation of the Negro in America down through the centuries. Not all the wealth of this affluent society could meet the bill. Yet a price can be placed on unpaid wages. The ancient common law has always provided a remedy for the appropriation of the labor of one human being by another. This law should be made to apply for American Negroes. The payment should be in the form of a massive program by the government of special, compensatory measures which could be regarded as a settlement in accordance with the accepted practice of common law. Such measures would certainly be less expensive than any computation based on two centuries of unpaid wages and accumulated interest. I am proposing, therefore, that, just as we granted a GI Bill of Rights to war veterans, America launch a broad-based and gigantic Bill of Rights for the Disadvantaged, our veterans of the long siege of denial."

Pushback from who? People like you who claim to be "progressive" but will be the first ones to press against any kind of revolutionary changes. What they're pushing gets more resistance within the Democratic Party before it's even reaches the GOP. That is the problem, and it's the same problem ADOS is facing from y'all. You don't want real change. You won't a return to the status quo and normality; a normality under which Black people still suffer and don't get shit.

Because the LEV plan in fronted as a Black-agenda plan but then in comes the "minority" and "women" talk, which really means "minorities other than Black people", "LGBT", and "white women", since they're a minority by legal definition as well. It's not different than when. company creates a "diversity" program headed by a white lesbian and hiring immigrants. No different than Obama's "My Brother's Keeper" plan. No different than BLM. When seen the bullshit before and we already know what time it is.

Do you even know what comprises the general ADOS reparations plan? No, you don't. And you're too lazy to research it. Even though it's right here on this board and has been posted many times. You'd rather argue against something you haven't informed yourself about. And, as you already said, you're generally against a specific ADOS reparations plan (and let's be honest: the specificity of it for ADOS is why YOU (and HOTLANTAN, MR MET, MCGUYVER, VERITECH, et all) hate it so much).

But anyway, the conversation should be moot at this point. You got your Prez. You got your Democratic Congress. ADOS won't have anything to talk about for the next two years as Biden and Harris go to work. We can just "lift every voice and sing until earth and heaven ring."

okay lets take the "revolutionary" talk off the table cuz what your talking about isn't revolutionary...its just talk. America didn't become America and slavery and jim crow wasn't maintained all those centuries and decades by talking and negotiating over some political table. Real revolution comes at blood shed and violence..thats american history and world history anything less than that is just incremental negotiation than ends with less than desired results.

But I went over it and there isn't anything I disagree with..

U.S. Reparations for black American Descendants of Slavery (ADOS) POSITION PAPER that include mass incarceration, police executions of unarmed blacks, credit, employment, and housing discrimination, and vast education and health disparities. Finally, the native black population was produced by the coerced importation of their ancestors who came here in chains. In contrast, more recent black immigrants came here voluntarily. It is peculiar, as some propose, to expect persons who voluntarily immigrated to a racist society to demand reparations for that racism. Reparations as a remedy would include, but not necessarily be limited to, the United States government’s distribution of payments, protections, and programs as restorative justice specifically for black American adults and their children, who are descendants of persons enslaved in the United States (ADOS). The preponderance of resources from a reparations fund must be devoted to direct payments to eligible recipients, similar to the allocation of reparations monies in other cases, e.g. German reparations payments to victims of the Nazi Holocaust or U.S. government payments to Japanese Americans unjustly incarcerated during World War II.

We also hold the following position points as prescriptive:

I. Public endorsement for reparations for black American descendants of persons enslaved in the United States.
II. Advocacy for the enactment of a Commission to Study and Develop Reparations Proposals for African Americans. (e.g., endorse HR40 subject to revision).
III. Collaborate with and support of the established consortium that petitions Congress for reparations for black American descendants of persons enslaved in the United States.
IV. Urge professional associations to encourage the production of similar public policy and reparations advocacy statements for black American descendants of persons enslaved in the United States.
---------------------

Not that much different from what the Black Panthers demanded in the mid 60s

---------------------
these were the demands of the Black Panther Party for Self Defense:

What We Want Now!
  1. We want freedom. We want power to determine the destiny of our Black Community.
  2. We want full employment for our people.
  3. We want an end to the robbery by the capitalists of our black and oppressed communities.
  4. We want decent housing, fit for shelter of human beings.
  5. We want education for our people that exposes the true nature of this decadent American society. We want education that teaches us our true history and our role in the present day society.
  6. We want all Black men to be exempt from military service.
  7. We want an immediate end to POLICE BRUTALITY and MURDER of Black people.
  8. We want freedom for all Black men held in federal, state, county and city prisons and jails.
  9. We want all Black people when brought to trial to be tried in court by a jury of their peer group or people from their Black Communities, as defined by the Constitution of the United States.
  10. We want land, bread, housing, education, clothing, justice and peace.
What We Believe:
  1. We believe that Black People will not be free until we are able to determine our own destiny.
  2. We believe that the federal government is responsible and obligated to give every man employment or a guaranteed income. We believe that if the White American business men will not give full employment, the means of production should be taken from the businessmen and placed in the community so that the people of the community can organize and employ all of its people and give a high standard of living.
  3. We believe that this racist government has robbed us and now we are demanding the overdue debt of forty acres and two mules. Forty acres and two mules was promised 100 years ago as redistribution for slave labor and mass murder of Black people. We will accept the payment in currency which will be distributed to our many communities: the Germans are now aiding the Jews in Israel for genocide of the Jewish people. The Germans murdered 6,000,000 Jews. The American racist has taken part in the slaughter of over 50,000,000 Black people; therefore, we feel that this is a modest demand that we make.
  4. We believe that if the White landlords will not give decent housing to our Black community, then the housing and the land should be made into cooperatives so that our community, with government aid, can build and make a decent housing for its people.
  5. We believe in an educational system that will give our people a knowledge of self. If a man does not have knowledge of himself and his position in society and the world, then he has little chance to relate to anything else.
  6. We believe that Black people should not be forced to fight in the military service to defend a racist government that does not protect us. We will not fight and kill other people of color in the world who, like Black people, are being victimized by the White racist government of America. We will protect ourselves from the force and violence of the racist police and the racist military, by whatever means necessary.
  7. We believe we can end police brutality in our Black community by organizing Black self-defense groups that are dedicated to defending our Black community from racist police oppression and brutality. The second Amendment of the Constitution of the United States gives us the right to bear arms. We therefore believe that all Black people should arm themselves for self-defense.
  8. We believe that all Black people should be released from the many jails and prisons because they have not received a fair and impartial trial.
  9. We believe that the courts should follow the United States Constitution so that Black people will receive fair trials. The 14th Amendment of the U.S Constitution gives a man a right to be tried by his peers. A peer is a persons from a similar economic, social, religious, geographical, environmental, historical, and racial background. To do this the court will be forced to select a jury from the Black community from which the Black defendant came. We have been, and are being tried by all-white juries that have no understanding of "the average reasoning man" of the Black community.
  10. When in the course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bonds which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the laws of nature and nature's god entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to separation. We hold these truths to be self-evident, and that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, that whenever any form of government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or abolish it, and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its power in such a form as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accused. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute despotism, it is their right, and their duty, to throw off such government, and to provide new guards of their future security.

At the end of the day both groups are demanding to negotiate for something that was taken from us by brute force. That's not revolutionary.

And your right AOC got major push back from people on the same side but then we all know that the nature of politics is just because your in the same party doesn't mean you all the same goals or agree on the method to them realized right?

What's your opinion of the green new deal and do you think it will get passed eventually?

VAiz4hustlaz

BGOL Investor
okay lets take the "revolutionary" talk off the table cuz what your talking about isn't revolutionary...its just talk. America didn't become America and slavery and jim crow wasn't maintained all those centuries and decades by talking and negotiating over some political table. Real revolution comes at blood shed and violence..thats american history and world history anything less than that is just incremental negotiation than ends with less than desired results.

But I went over it and there isn't anything I disagree with..

U.S. Reparations for black American Descendants of Slavery (ADOS) POSITION PAPER that include mass incarceration, police executions of unarmed blacks, credit, employment, and housing discrimination, and vast education and health disparities. Finally, the native black population was produced by the coerced importation of their ancestors who came here in chains. In contrast, more recent black immigrants came here voluntarily. It is peculiar, as some propose, to expect persons who voluntarily immigrated to a racist society to demand reparations for that racism. Reparations as a remedy would include, but not necessarily be limited to, the United States government’s distribution of payments, protections, and programs as restorative justice specifically for black American adults and their children, who are descendants of persons enslaved in the United States (ADOS). The preponderance of resources from a reparations fund must be devoted to direct payments to eligible recipients, similar to the allocation of reparations monies in other cases, e.g. German reparations payments to victims of the Nazi Holocaust or U.S. government payments to Japanese Americans unjustly incarcerated during World War II.

We also hold the following position points as prescriptive:

I. Public endorsement for reparations for black American descendants of persons enslaved in the United States.
II. Advocacy for the enactment of a Commission to Study and Develop Reparations Proposals for African Americans. (e.g., endorse HR40 subject to revision).
III. Collaborate with and support of the established consortium that petitions Congress for reparations for black American descendants of persons enslaved in the United States.
IV. Urge professional associations to encourage the production of similar public policy and reparations advocacy statements for black American descendants of persons enslaved in the United States.
---------------------

Not that much different from what the Black Panthers demanded in the mid 60s

---------------------
these were the demands of the Black Panther Party for Self Defense:

What We Want Now!
  1. We want freedom. We want power to determine the destiny of our Black Community.
  2. We want full employment for our people.
  3. We want an end to the robbery by the capitalists of our black and oppressed communities.
  4. We want decent housing, fit for shelter of human beings.
  5. We want education for our people that exposes the true nature of this decadent American society. We want education that teaches us our true history and our role in the present day society.
  6. We want all Black men to be exempt from military service.
  7. We want an immediate end to POLICE BRUTALITY and MURDER of Black people.
  8. We want freedom for all Black men held in federal, state, county and city prisons and jails.
  9. We want all Black people when brought to trial to be tried in court by a jury of their peer group or people from their Black Communities, as defined by the Constitution of the United States.
  10. We want land, bread, housing, education, clothing, justice and peace.
What We Believe:
  1. We believe that Black People will not be free until we are able to determine our own destiny.
  2. We believe that the federal government is responsible and obligated to give every man employment or a guaranteed income. We believe that if the White American business men will not give full employment, the means of production should be taken from the businessmen and placed in the community so that the people of the community can organize and employ all of its people and give a high standard of living.
  3. We believe that this racist government has robbed us and now we are demanding the overdue debt of forty acres and two mules. Forty acres and two mules was promised 100 years ago as redistribution for slave labor and mass murder of Black people. We will accept the payment in currency which will be distributed to our many communities: the Germans are now aiding the Jews in Israel for genocide of the Jewish people. The Germans murdered 6,000,000 Jews. The American racist has taken part in the slaughter of over 50,000,000 Black people; therefore, we feel that this is a modest demand that we make.
  4. We believe that if the White landlords will not give decent housing to our Black community, then the housing and the land should be made into cooperatives so that our community, with government aid, can build and make a decent housing for its people.
  5. We believe in an educational system that will give our people a knowledge of self. If a man does not have knowledge of himself and his position in society and the world, then he has little chance to relate to anything else.
  6. We believe that Black people should not be forced to fight in the military service to defend a racist government that does not protect us. We will not fight and kill other people of color in the world who, like Black people, are being victimized by the White racist government of America. We will protect ourselves from the force and violence of the racist police and the racist military, by whatever means necessary.
  7. We believe we can end police brutality in our Black community by organizing Black self-defense groups that are dedicated to defending our Black community from racist police oppression and brutality. The second Amendment of the Constitution of the United States gives us the right to bear arms. We therefore believe that all Black people should arm themselves for self-defense.
  8. We believe that all Black people should be released from the many jails and prisons because they have not received a fair and impartial trial.
  9. We believe that the courts should follow the United States Constitution so that Black people will receive fair trials. The 14th Amendment of the U.S Constitution gives a man a right to be tried by his peers. A peer is a persons from a similar economic, social, religious, geographical, environmental, historical, and racial background. To do this the court will be forced to select a jury from the Black community from which the Black defendant came. We have been, and are being tried by all-white juries that have no understanding of "the average reasoning man" of the Black community.
  10. When in the course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bonds which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the laws of nature and nature's god entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to separation. We hold these truths to be self-evident, and that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, that whenever any form of government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or abolish it, and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its power in such a form as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accused. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute despotism, it is their right, and their duty, to throw off such government, and to provide new guards of their future security.

At the end of the day both groups are demanding to negotiate for something that was taken from us by brute force. That's not revolutionary.

And your right AOC got major push back from people on the same side but then we all know that the nature of politics is just because your in the same party doesn't mean you all the same goals or agree on the method to them realized right?

What's your opinion of the green new deal and do you think it will get passed eventually?

So now you want to make a semantic argument about the meaning of the word “revolution” and start talking about the Green New Deal? That’s not what this conversation is about.

And you can mention the BPP, NOI, or any other group. None of them were MAINSTREAM in America. They weren’t even mainstream in Black America.

So I will ask again. Name a politician of the past 50 years who openly talked about reparations? Or generally, when was the topic up for mainstream discussion? I will save you the headache.....it hasn’t been. Not until ADOS.

This conversation has run its course. But please remember to tag me in the thread you create when Biden begins pushing the LEV initiatives.

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
So now you want to make a semantic argument about the meaning of the word “revolution” and start talking about the Green New Deal? That’s not what this conversation is about.

And you can mention the BPP, NOI, or any other group. None of them were MAINSTREAM in America. They weren’t even mainstream in Black America.
how old are you? because now you show your ignorance if you think the BBP and NOI weren't in the mainstream conscious in their time in the 60s.

So I will ask again. Name a politician of the past 50 years who openly talked about reparations? Or generally, when was the topic up for mainstream discussion? I will save you the headache.....it hasn’t been. Not until ADOS.

This conversation has run its course. But please remember to tag me in the thread you create when Biden begins pushing the LEV initiatives.
During the 1960s, some black leaders revived the idea of reparations. In 1969, James Forman (then head of the Student Non-Violent Coordinating Committee) proclaimed a "Black Manifesto." It demanded $500 million from American churches and synagogues for their role in perpetuating slavery before the Civil War. Black nationalist organizations, such as the Black Panther Party and Black Muslims, also demanded reparations.

In the 1980s, a new call arose for black reparations. It was stimulated by two other movements that successfully secured payments from the U.S. government. The Supreme Court in 1980 ordered the federal government to pay eight Sioux Indian tribes $122 million to compensate for the illegal seizure of tribal lands in 1877. Then in 1988, Congress approved the payment of $1.25 billion to 60,000 Japanese-American citizens who had been interned in prison camps during World War II.

In April 1989, Council Member Ray Jenkins guided through the Detroit City Council a resolution. It called for a $40 billion federal education fund for black college and trade school students. About the same time, a conference of black state legislators meeting in New Orleans backed the idea of a federally financed education fund for descendants of slaves. Shortly afterward, Rep. John Conyers Jr. (D-MI) drafted a bill calling for the establishment of a congressional commission to study the impact of slavery on African-Americans.

The Conyers Bill

Rep. Conyers introduced his bill (HR 3745) in November 1989. The preamble of the bill declared its purpose:

To acknowledge the fundamental injustice, cruelty, brutality and inhumanity of slavery in the United States and the 13 American colonies between 1619 and 1865 and to establish a Commission to examine the institution of slavery, subsequent de jure and de facto and economic discrimination against African-Americans, and the impact of these forces on living African-Americans, to make recommendations to the Congress on appropriate remedies, and for other purposes.
This bill failed to make it to a House vote, but Conyers did not give up. In every session of Congress since then, he has introduced new legislation to establish a commission to study the issue and make recommendations to Congress. While none has succeeded, Conyers vows to keep trying.

Throughout the years, people have proposed different reparation plans. Some, like Robert Brock, a Los Angeles campaigner for reparations, argued for direct payments to descendants of slaves. "The government owes us money on a number of different fronts," the 66-year-old black activist declared, ". . . for labor, for loss of culture and of humanity."

Some supporters of reparations, like journalist Ron Daniels, proposed government financing of a national fund to develop educational and economic opportunities for the entire African-American community. Daniels argued in an editorial that "America must own up to its responsibility to make a damaged people whole again."

Others, such as the
National Coalition of Blacks for Reparations in America (N'COBRA was founded September 26, 1987 ), advocate a broader approach. They believe that government could satisfy the call for reparations by a variety of means, including land, ownership of companies, stock, money, and aircraft. The group also calls for a method of self-government for American blacks to give them autonomy.

Just as advocates are not unanimous about the form of reparations, neither are they united on the amount. Some favor direct payments to slave descendants ranging from $25,000 to $100,000 or more. Others, like N'COBRA, believe a final amount cannot be determined until more study has been done to determine the harm slavery has caused blacks. But they suggest the total amount could be in the "trillions."

Now you're going to say it's not like today...well social media kinda changes the landscape for how fast communications go but don't be fooled by the echo chamber of it...YOU hear a lot about reparations and ADOS because that's what you're looking for....mainstream America doesn't give two shits about it and if you ask the average American what the initials A-D-O-S mean most couldn't tell you and ALL of them wouldn't care.

Shit YOU point out how many on BGOL aren't aware of the movement its agenda...the fuck you think mainstream America is thinking about it?

Now the reason I asked about AOC and the green new deal is because she's one of the people you have to get to help sign off on any reparations deal.. And she's got her own interest she needs help with..so if you think the GND isn't worth your time then what do you think she'll do when ADOS agenda stuff comes up..THIS IS POLITICS...and you have to do that with enough of the house and senate to get ANYTHING thru

Fuck immigrants? Immigrants and children of immigrants account for at least 13% of all voting members in 116th Congress

So you tell me how your going to get ANY of those people to sign off on ADOS agenda when you show open disdain for theirs??

dude your youth and/or ignorance/arrogance shows and its embarrassing. :smh: :smh: :smh:

VAiz4hustlaz

BGOL Investor
how old are you? because now you show your ignorance if you think the BBP and NOI weren't in the mainstream conscious in their time in the 60s.

During the 1960s, some black leaders revived the idea of reparations. In 1969, James Forman (then head of the Student Non-Violent Coordinating Committee) proclaimed a "Black Manifesto." It demanded $500 million from American churches and synagogues for their role in perpetuating slavery before the Civil War. Black nationalist organizations, such as the Black Panther Party and Black Muslims, also demanded reparations.

In the 1980s, a new call arose for black reparations. It was stimulated by two other movements that successfully secured payments from the U.S. government. The Supreme Court in 1980 ordered the federal government to pay eight Sioux Indian tribes $122 million to compensate for the illegal seizure of tribal lands in 1877. Then in 1988, Congress approved the payment of $1.25 billion to 60,000 Japanese-American citizens who had been interned in prison camps during World War II.

In April 1989, Council Member Ray Jenkins guided through the Detroit City Council a resolution. It called for a $40 billion federal education fund for black college and trade school students. About the same time, a conference of black state legislators meeting in New Orleans backed the idea of a federally financed education fund for descendants of slaves. Shortly afterward, Rep. John Conyers Jr. (D-MI) drafted a bill calling for the establishment of a congressional commission to study the impact of slavery on African-Americans.

The Conyers Bill

Rep. Conyers introduced his bill (HR 3745) in November 1989. The preamble of the bill declared its purpose:

This bill failed to make it to a House vote, but Conyers did not give up. In every session of Congress since then, he has introduced new legislation to establish a commission to study the issue and make recommendations to Congress. While none has succeeded, Conyers vows to keep trying.

Throughout the years, people have proposed different reparation plans. Some, like Robert Brock, a Los Angeles campaigner for reparations, argued for direct payments to descendants of slaves. "The government owes us money on a number of different fronts," the 66-year-old black activist declared, ". . . for labor, for loss of culture and of humanity."

Some supporters of reparations, like journalist Ron Daniels, proposed government financing of a national fund to develop educational and economic opportunities for the entire African-American community. Daniels argued in an editorial that "America must own up to its responsibility to make a damaged people whole again."

Others, such as the
National Coalition of Blacks for Reparations in America (N'COBRA was founded September 26, 1987 ), advocate a broader approach. They believe that government could satisfy the call for reparations by a variety of means, including land, ownership of companies, stock, money, and aircraft. The group also calls for a method of self-government for American blacks to give them autonomy.

Just as advocates are not unanimous about the form of reparations, neither are they united on the amount. Some favor direct payments to slave descendants ranging from $25,000 to $100,000 or more. Others, like N'COBRA, believe a final amount cannot be determined until more study has been done to determine the harm slavery has caused blacks. But they suggest the total amount could be in the "trillions."

Now you're going to say it's not like today...well social media kinda changes the landscape for how fast communications go but don't be fooled by the echo chamber of it...YOU hear a lot about reparations and ADOS because that's what you're looking for....mainstream America doesn't give two shits about it and if you ask the average American what the initials A-D-O-S mean most couldn't tell you and ALL of them wouldn't care.

Shit YOU point out how many on BGOL aren't aware of the movement its agenda...the fuck you think mainstream America is thinking about it?

Now the reason I asked about AOC and the green new deal is because she's one of the people you have to get to help sign off on any reparations deal.. And she's got her own interest she needs help with..so if you think the GND isn't worth your time then what do you think she'll do when ADOS agenda stuff comes up..THIS IS POLITICS...and you have to do that with enough of the house and senate to get ANYTHING thru

Fuck immigrants? Immigrants and children of immigrants account for at least 13% of all voting members in 116th Congress

So you tell me how your going to get ANY of those people to sign off on ADOS agenda when you show open disdain for theirs??

dude your youth and/or ignorance/arrogance shows and its embarrassing. :smh: :smh: :smh:

You see geechieman? This is why I call you chichiman. You argue and "reason" like a female. Weren't the board's resident feminist for a while? I give you a direct response, and then you respond to what you THINK is being said than what is actually written there. And f you came of age in the 60s, then you must be well into your 60s or something. The BPP and NOI were never mainstream. Yes, they were known, but both were and still are regarded in the mainstream as radical Black organizations. The mainstream Black organizations were the NAACP, CORE, and the SCLC.......the ones Malcolm X would routinely rail against.

That said, I asked you to name a major politician who openly talked about reparations. When was it being discussed on the presidential level? You respond by with a mass copy-and-paste and don't even answer the question. And most of that information is from a book named "Reasoning with Democratic Values 2.0, Volume 2: Ethical Issues in American History, 1866 to the Present". So, since you want to mass quote from that book, why not quote this information as well?

And if no one knows about ADOS and "no American would care", then why are you railing against it? It should be a nothing-burger to you. Yet you continue to go ham in this thread about it, and I was initially tagged in this thread about by another anti-ADOS poster named Hotlantan when the original topic had nothing to do with ADOS or reparations. And even now when I've tried to dead this discussion, you won't let up. This is psychopathic behavior imo.

And I said that the Green New Deal isn't what this conversation is about. I didn't say it wasn't "worth my time" nor did I show "open disdain" for it. I said it is a separate discussion. But, of course, you like to argue against what you THINK is being said or however you have interpreted it, rather than what was actually written.

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
You see geechieman? This is why I call you chichiman. You argue and "reason" like a female. Weren't the board's resident feminist for a while? I give you a direct response, and then you respond to what you THINK is being said than what is actually written there. And f you came of age in the 60s, then you must be well into your 60s or something. The BPP and NOI were never mainstream. Yes, they were known, but both were and still are regarded in the mainstream as radical Black organizations. The mainstream Black organizations were the NAACP, CORE, and the SCLC.......the ones Malcolm X would routinely rail against.
and what do you think black lives matter and ADOS is regarded as...well BLM more than ADOS as an organization because most don't know what that is..

that said, I asked you to name a major politician who openly talked about reparations. When was it being discussed on the presidential level? You respond by with a mass copy-and-paste and don't even answer the question. And most of that information is from a book named "Reasoning with Democratic Values 2.0, Volume 2: Ethical Issues in American History, 1866 to the Present". So, since you want to mass quote from that book, why not quote this information as well?
nigga you said: Name a politician of the past 50 years who openly talked about reparations?

now you change it to: When was it being discussed on the presidential level?

thats not what you asked for and its moving the goalposts and a very feminine way of debating in itself and you know it..let me guess I should have known what you MEANT rather than what you actually said right? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

And if no one knows about ADOS and "no American would care", then why are you railing against it? It should be a nothing-burger to you. Yet you continue to go ham in this thread about it, and I was initially tagged in this thread about by another anti-ADOS poster named Hotlantan when the original topic had nothing to do with ADOS or reparations. And even now when I've tried to dead this discussion, you won't let up. This is psychopathic behavior imo.

And I said that the Green New Deal isn't what this conversation is about. I didn't say it wasn't "worth my time" nor did I show "open disdain" for it. I said it is a separate discussion. But, of course, you like to argue against what you THINK is being said or however you have interpreted it, rather than what was actually written.
I just asked your opinion about it..do you think its a good thing or can realistically get done and there you go getting all evasive again. its all the same discussion in terms of getting any agenda thru..

If you wanna dead the topic then stop responding and keep my name out your posts in the future. Otherwise we're under lock down here homie..I can keep going:happy:

Last edited:

VAiz4hustlaz

BGOL Investor
and what do you think black lives matter and ADOS is regarded as...well BLM more than ADOS as an organization because most don't know what that is..

nigga you said: Name a politician of the past 50 years who openly talked about reparations?

now you change it to: When was it being discussed on the presidential level?

thats not what you asked for and its moving the goalposts and a very feminine way of debating in itself and you know it..let me guess I should have known what you MEANT rather than what you actually said right? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I just asked your opinion about it..do you think its a good thing or can realistically get done and there you go getting all evasive again. its all the same discussion in terms of getting any agenda thru..

If you wanna dead the topic then stop responding and keep my name out your posts in the future. Otherwise we're under lock down here homie..I can keep going

The CONTEXT was reparations being discussed on a MAINSTREAM level. You haven’t named any. We’ve already discussed Malcolm X and MLK, and they weren’t politicians anyway.

The Green New Deal is a separate discussion. If you want to talk about that, then create a separate thread about or bump one that someone else has created. That’s not evading; that’s trying to maintain a consistent topic.

Evading is you not willing to acknowledge that Black people won’t be seeing jack shit from Biden’s LEV plan. And unfortunately, that will be playing out soon enough before all of our eyes. I’m just interested in how BGOL’s anti-ADOS brigade will react as we begin calling it out.

:idea:

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The CONTEXT was reparations being discussed on a MAINSTREAM level. You haven’t named any. We’ve already discussed Malcolm X and MLK, and they weren’t politicians anyway.

The Green New Deal is a separate discussion. If you want to talk about that, then create a separate thread about or bump one that someone else has created. That’s not evading; that’s trying to maintain a consistent topic.

Evading is you not willing to acknowledge that Black people won’t be seeing jack shit from Biden’s LEV plan. And unfortunately, that will be playing out soon enough before all of our eyes. I’m just interested in how BGOL’s anti-ADOS brigade will react as we begin calling it out.

:idea:
Name a politician of the past 50 years who openly talked about reparations?
Rep. Conyers introduced his bill (HR 3745) in November 1989 and has reintroduced it every year ever since...there are articles over the decades written about it.

thats the question and thats the answer.

But you want MAINSTREAM :

President Johnson’s parting legislation was the 1968 Fair Housing Act, which he described as the most important legislation of the civil rights package because it pushed officials to “affirmatively further fair housing,” meaning to integrate.

Before the 1968 presidential election, the choices for reform seemed clear: housing integration, reparations or both. One Republican candidate, George Romney, called for an integration plan to loosen the “high-income white noose” of white suburbs around black ghettos. Several candidates presented reparations proposals, one of which, introduced in Congress with Republican sponsors, called for federal capital investment and Treasury financing to build up capital in the ghetto.

Mr. Nixon, however, decided instead to ride the tide of white resentment into office. His top aide, John Ehrlichman, admitted that a “subliminal appeal to the anti-black voter was always present in Nixon’s statements and speeches.” Indeed, Mr. Nixon promised Southern Republicans that he would “lay off pro-Negro” efforts.

Clinton Opposes Slavery Reparations
But he says he's considering an apology for slavery

WASHINGTON (AllPolitics, June 17) -- President Bill Clinton says he does not favor compensating the victims of slavery, because the nation is so many generations removed from that era that reparations for black Americans may not be possible.

But Clinton, in a radio interview that aired Monday, said he would still consider extending an apology to African Americans for their ancestors' suffering. Rep. Tony Hall (D-Ohio) proposed the idea last week.

"I think it has to be dealt with," Clinton told the American Urban Radio Network. "There's still some unfinished business out there among black and white Americans."

Clinton said rather than reparations, the nation needs to continue to work to erase the effects of past discrimination. Over the weekend, the president called for a new national dialogue on race, saying the nation should strive to become a "truly multiracial democracy."

Clinton elaborated, too, on why he has undertaken the race relations initiative, and he urged skeptics to join the effort.

March 27, 2002 Posted: 11:29 AM EST (1629 GMT)
Farmer-Paellmann
NEW YORK (CNN) -- Attorneys for a former law student, who discovered evidence linking U.S. corporations to the slave trade, filed a federal lawsuit Tuesday that could seek billions of dollars in reparations for the descendants of slaves in America.

now watch you move the goal posts again.. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

the GND question doesn't need a new thread its just a simple opinion..do you think its viable yes or no? that answer doesn't need 10+ pages to discuss

As far as LEV goes thats something that can be dealt with starting the day after the inauguration...and its something black people can fight for negotiating over including the language... the sad problem is instead of ADOS lending a voice to it..people like you would rather sit it out and bitch from the sidelines.

By the way whats marianne williamson doing to aid the ADOS agenda today?? How about Juan Castro....let me guess thats another thread too right? :rolleyes2: :rolleyes2: :rolleyes2:

all this got started because you said this:
Thanks for the tag. I’m glad you appreciate my analysis.

All he really has to do is sit back for the next 2 to 4 years, watch the Dems push the immigrant and LGBT agenda while ignoring Black issues (as usual) despite having control of the executive and legislative branches, and then highlight and point that out to Black voters every chance he gets. It won’t woo Black people to the GOP but it will dampen enthusiasm in 2022 and 2024.
Your contention being you HOPE the democrats are defeated in 22 knowing it means the GOP will come back but since neither party do shit for blacks then to hell with both of them (two wings same bird) But here's the problem with ADOS agenda that you refuse to acknowledge... your gonna need the backing of at least one viable major party get any traction for ANY agenda....ask AOC, Bernie and your girl Marianne since she ran for president as a democrat.

In fact I'm willing to bet MANY of the people who run for office that your willing to support will run leftwing/democrat. So whats your point of cheerleading vernon jones move again??

Last edited:

VAiz4hustlaz

BGOL Investor
Name a politician of the past 50 years who openly talked about reparations?
Rep. Conyers introduced his bill (HR 3745) in November 1989 and has reintroduced it every year ever since...there are articles over the decades written about it.

thats the question and thats the answer.

But you want MAINSTREAM :

President Johnson’s parting legislation was the 1968 Fair Housing Act, which he described as the most important legislation of the civil rights package because it pushed officials to “affirmatively further fair housing,” meaning to integrate.

Before the 1968 presidential election, the choices for reform seemed clear: housing integration, reparations or both. One Republican candidate, George Romney, called for an integration plan to loosen the “high-income white noose” of white suburbs around black ghettos. Several candidates presented reparations proposals, one of which, introduced in Congress with Republican sponsors, called for federal capital investment and Treasury financing to build up capital in the ghetto.

Mr. Nixon, however, decided instead to ride the tide of white resentment into office. His top aide, John Ehrlichman, admitted that a “subliminal appeal to the anti-black voter was always present in Nixon’s statements and speeches.” Indeed, Mr. Nixon promised Southern Republicans that he would “lay off pro-Negro” efforts.

Clinton Opposes Slavery Reparations
But he says he's considering an apology for slavery

WASHINGTON (AllPolitics, June 17) -- President Bill Clinton says he does not favor compensating the victims of slavery, because the nation is so many generations removed from that era that reparations for black Americans may not be possible.

But Clinton, in a radio interview that aired Monday, said he would still consider extending an apology to African Americans for their ancestors' suffering. Rep. Tony Hall (D-Ohio) proposed the idea last week.

"I think it has to be dealt with," Clinton told the American Urban Radio Network. "There's still some unfinished business out there among black and white Americans."

Clinton said rather than reparations, the nation needs to continue to work to erase the effects of past discrimination. Over the weekend, the president called for a new national dialogue on race, saying the nation should strive to become a "truly multiracial democracy."

Clinton elaborated, too, on why he has undertaken the race relations initiative, and he urged skeptics to join the effort.

March 27, 2002 Posted: 11:29 AM EST (1629 GMT)
Farmer-Paellmann
NEW YORK (CNN) -- Attorneys for a former law student, who discovered evidence linking U.S. corporations to the slave trade, filed a federal lawsuit Tuesday that could seek billions of dollars in reparations for the descendants of slaves in America.

now watch you move the goal posts again.. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

the GND question doesn't need a new thread its just a simple opinion..do you think its viable yes or no? that answer doesn't need 10+ pages to discuss

As far as LEV goes thats something that can be dealt with starting the day after the inauguration...and its something black people can fight for negotiating over including the language... the sad problem is instead of ADOS lending a voice to it..people like you would rather sit it out and bitch from the sidelines.

By the way whats marianne williamson doing to aid the ADOS agenda today?? How about Juan Castro....let me guess thats another thread too right? :rolleyes2: :rolleyes2: :rolleyes2:

all this got started because you said this:

Your contention being you HOPE the democrats are defeated in 22 knowing it means the GOP will come back but since neither party do shit for blacks then to hell with both of them (two wings same bird) But here's the problem with ADOS agenda that you refuse to acknowledge... your gonna need the backing of at least one viable major party get any traction for ANY agenda....ask AOC, Bernie and your girl Marianne since she ran for president as a democrat.

In fact I'm willing to bet MANY of the people who run for office that your willing to support will run leftwing/democrat. So whats your point of cheerleading vernon jones move again??

None of these are mainstream advocates for reparations. Conyers is just about a commission, and Johnson and Clinton were opposed. Try again.

Once again, you're arguing against what you THINK I said than what was actually written. Why do you constantly do this?

Let's review MY words:
All he really has to do is sit back for the next 2 to 4 years, watch the Dems push the immigrant and LGBT agenda while ignoring Black issues (as usual) despite having control of the executive and legislative branches, and then highlight and point that out to Black voters every chance he gets. It won’t woo Black people to the GOP but it will dampen enthusiasm in 2022 and 2024.
It doesn't mean I "hope" the Democrats are defeated. And it doesn't mean that I am cheerleading Vernon Jones either. I doubt he has any clout with Black votes in GA. It's just a realistic political analysis that, if the Democrats ignore Black issues, then that will dampen Black voter turnout, which in turn will hinder the changes of Democrats holding the Congress in 2022 and the presidency in 2024. This isn't difficult to understand for someone who can rationally think and not emotionally react as you do. You do realize that the Democrats need Black voters to push their other initiatives as well?

Is the Green New Deal viable? It should be a basic part of the Democratic platform, as should reparations be. As should a new stimulus be. As should student loan debt forgiveness be. And these don't have to be "zero-sum" or mutually exclusive. What you don't seem to understand is that my main beef with the Democratic Party is that is doesn't move and act like a true left-leaning political party, especially on economic issues. That is its core problem. And this is why the "Squad" beefs with Pelosi and why ADOS has zeroed in on them.

And, unfortunately, why we won't be seeing jack shit from the LEV plan.

As a specific group with a specific justice claim, the #ADOS movement demands a specific agenda with policy prescriptions that address the losses stemming from the institution of slavery, Jim Crow, redlining, convict leasing, mass incarceration and immigration.​
We demand a New Deal for Black America which includes, but is not limited to:​
  • We need set asides for American descendants of slavery, not “minorities”, a throw-away category which includes all groups except white men. That categorization has allowed Democrats to use programs like affirmative actions as “giveaways” to all groups in exchange for votes. The bribery must end. That begins with a new designation on the Census with ADOS and another for Black immigrants. Affirmative action should be retargeted directly toward ADOS as initially intended. In addition, ADOS hiring and employment data must be demanded for all businesses receiving tax credits, incentives, and governmental support. As well as all governmental agencies national, state and local. It is our belief that this will show that there are minimal if any ADOS professionals in fields including but not limited to engineering, medical, legal and tech.
  • Once affirmative action is streamlined as a government program only and specifically for ADOS, the program should be fully reinstituted.
  • The Supreme Court decided wrongly when it gutted the Voting Rights Act. As the Atlanta Journal Constitution article “It’s Time to Solve the Mystery of the 100,000 Mystery Votes” indicates, the protections outlined in the Voting Rights Act are essential to protecting the rights of ADOS in America. Reinstituting the protections of The Voting Rights Act is a key part of our agenda.
  • Black businesses only received 1.7% of the $23.09 billion in total SBA loans under President Obama’s SBA (Small Business Administration), after having previously received 8.2% under President George W. Bush. Succeeding as an entrepreneur requires capital, so our agenda demands that 15% of SBA loans be distributed to ADOS businesses.

• We seek a multi-billion dollar infrastructure plan targeted to ADOS communities, including, but not limited to, the Black Belt, Flint, Michigan. A Reuters examination published in 2016 found 3,000 cities with poisoning rates higher than Flint.

• Residents of majority ADOS areas that have been poisoned under the federal, local and state government’s watch, such as not only Flint, Michigan, but Denmark, South Carolina, and others, must be financially compensated for the benign neglect of the Environmental Protection Agency and the government in general. The Justice Department must also institute protections which exact heavy fines and federal criminal prosecution for future offenders.

• Mass incarceration has wreaked havoc on Black American families. By some accounts there are literally more black males imprisoned than all women are incarcerated on the planet. To give context there are 20 million black males, and they largely descend from slavery. While there are 4 billion women globally, both groups producing the same number of incarcerated. The reinvention of slavery through use of the 13th Amendment is chronicled by Douglas Blackmon in his PBS documentary “Slavery by Another Name”, it is our position this must be corrected. We demand a immediate assessment of the numbers of the #ADOS prison populations at the state & federal level. We also demand that there be review if punishment (bail amounts, sentence lengths, amount of time served before parole) is being levied at unfairly high levels on #ADOS based on gender and race for similar crimes to other groups. We demand that there be real prison reform in the form of investment into counseling, job training, and rehabilitation for our incarcerated.

• In the early eighties America committed to “strengthen the capacity of historically Black colleges and universities to provide quality education” in Executive Order 12320. President Obama undermined that commitment with changes to the PLUS Loan requirements. We call for legislation to triple the current federal allotment to HBCUs. Schools like Georgetown, built by slaves, have an endowment of over a billion dollars. This is a transfer of wealth from ADOS to whites. Our agenda demands that the federal government fully endow our remaining HBCUs in a dollar amount that meets the budgetary needs of each institution. In addition, ADOS students who attend HBCUs should receive a discount in the form of a 75 percent tax credit, given that our inability to pay the rising cost of education is directly tied to the racial wealth gap coming from slavery. ADOS who choose schools outside of the HBCU network should receive a 50 percent government funded credit.

• Findings published in USA Today concluded that top universities graduate ADOS in tech, but those graduates can’t find jobs in Silicon Valley. Only 2% of technology workers at seven Silicon Valley companies are Black, according to the report,and many of those are Black immigrants, not ADOS. And according to a study by Rutgers Professor Hal Salzman, American colleges graduate more tech workers than tech companies need, hence the H1-B program reduces opportunities for ADOS searching for careers in technology. The government must strictly limit the number of H1-B Visa workers tech companies that flow in each year.
  • Audit the banks to see if there are patterns of racial discrimination in lending, and require these banks to extend loans to ADOS businesses. These banks received bailout from taxpayers and owe a debt to all taxpayers, regardless of race. In addition, banks such as Wells Fargo used predatory schemes historically, not just during the Great Recession, to eviscerate Black Wealth. Lending to Black businesses and institutions would be a beginning for banks to redress the harm they’ve caused to the ADOS community.

• Mandate that the government’s advertising budget include Black media. There is no ADOS community without our own media. Incentivize through legislative action that all major companies spend 10% of their advertising budget with ADOS media in exchange for tax credits. In addition, mandate that 10% of government advertising for governmental agencies, armed forces and other ancillary programs go to majority ADOS owned media companies.

• ADOS college debt should be forgiven in the same way losses were forgiven for the banks on Wall Street. Those executives oversaw the evaporation of billions in global wealth. ADOS graduates bought into the idea that the key to success in life was an education, and there was a place for us in America, only to find after graduation that we were locked out. We can’t afford to bear the burden of a lie.

• A health care credit to pay for medical coverage for all ADOS. This would cover surgery, pharmaceutical, and counseling needs. As an example we would like to see a Lineage Therapy, whereby #ADOS leadership, in co-operation with licensed therapists and psychiatrists, develop a therapy curriculum to help members of the ADOS understand and manage their ancestral traumas. This therapy should come at no cost to the ADOS community.
  • America has never atoned for its original sin of slavery in the form of reparations. It is our position that H.R. 40 be fully rewritten to include reference to ADOS as the recipient group, cash payments, and additional supportive measures implemented. We need to gather the data on the level of wealth that was lost as a direct result of slavery, and the era of Jim Crow that followed. The paper “The Economics of Reparations” assessed the value today as:
Professor Sandy Darity Jr.—a leading economist and premiere scholar in the area of American reparations— and Dania Frank have illustrated using the work of Vedder, Gallaway and Klingaman, the gains in wealth to white southerners from ownership of blacks in 1859 was $3.2 million. In today’s dollars, the value of that debt is estimated to be somewhere between $5 to $10 trillion dollars, depending upon the interest rate used for compounding purposes.

#ADOS demands that there be a real review of direct payouts needed to be made to eligible recipients from gathered data, and progress be made toward making #ADOS families whole.​
Without these measures being instituted, ADOS are locked out of the country our ancestors built during chattel slavery. Without reforms through transformative government, we will be left to continue living a third world life in a first world country.​

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
None of these are mainstream advocates for reparations. Conyers is just about a commission, and Johnson and Clinton were opposed. Try again.
Again social media can be a huge echo chamber and make you think something is more prominent in the mainstream conscious than it actually is. Julian Castro and Marianne Williamson were 3rd tier presidential candidates that got no traction..they were barely a blip now and would be just that in the 80s and 90s.

Once again, you're arguing against what you THINK I said than what was actually written. Why do you constantly do this?

Let's review MY words:

It doesn't mean I "hope" the Democrats are defeated. And it doesn't mean that I am cheerleading Vernon Jones either. I doubt he has any clout with Black votes in GA. It's just a realistic political analysis that, if the Democrats ignore Black issues, then that will dampen Black voter turnout, which in turn will hinder the changes of Democrats holding the Congress in 2022 and the presidency in 2024. This isn't difficult to understand for someone who can rationally think and not emotionally react as you do. You do realize that the Democrats need Black voters to push their other initiatives as well?

Is the Green New Deal viable? It should be a basic part of the Democratic platform, as should reparations be. As should a new stimulus be. As should student loan debt forgiveness be. And these don't have to be "zero-sum" or mutually exclusive. What you don't seem to understand is that my main beef with the Democratic Party is that is doesn't move and act like a true left-leaning political party, especially on economic issues. That is its core problem. And this is why the "Squad" beefs with Pelosi and why ADOS has zeroed in on them.

And, unfortunately, why we won't be seeing jack shit from the LEV plan.
It also doesn't mean your willing to join the fight either. I don't disagree with ADOS points I disagree with how you all go about making them which is to make people around you feel dumb or sell out for the choices made under the circumstances of how our society functions. This is my beef with ADOS as an organization...you need allies and people enthused to work with you but you all insist on insulting and alienating anyone you don't see eye to eye with. And in a country with only two major parties and only one of those even willing to put the issues on the table to begin with I think calling that party a bunch of do nothing racist assholes and anyone willing to work with them a bunch slave minded dummies doesn't exactly work to get your more salient points across.

Your sig is a picture of blacks as slaves to biden..something you purposefully did then have the nerve to wonder why people have ill reactions to you. This is how many of you guys come off. Its like the black version of rush limbaugh and tucker carlson. You all want to see ADOS people win and so do I but HOW your going about it almost ensures thats not going to happen...at least in our life time.

Last edited:

mangobob79

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Again social media can be a huge echo chamber and make you think something is more prominent in the mainstream conscious than it actually is. Julian Castro and Marianne Williamson were 3rd tier presidential candidates that got no traction..they were barely a blip now and would be just that in the 80s and 90s.

It also doesn't mean your willing to join the fight either. I don't disagree with ADOS points I disagree with how you all go about making them which is to make people around you feel dumb or sell out for the choices made under the circumstances of how our society functions. This is my beef with ADOS as an organization...you need allies and people enthused to work with you but you all insist on insulting and alienating anyone you don't see eye to eye with. And in a country with only two major parties and only one of those even willing to put the issues on the table to begin with I think calling that party a bunch of do nothing racist assholes and anyone willing to work with them a bunch slave minded dummies doesn't exactly work to get your more salient points across.

Your sig is a picture of blacks as slaves to biden..something you purposefully did then have the nerve to wonder why people have ill reactions to you. This is how many of you guys come off. Its like the black version of rush limbaugh and tucker carlson. You all want to see ADOS people win and so do I but HOW your going about it almost ensures thats not going to happen...at least in our life time.
this one of their queens