Anyone investing heavily this year??

How much money did you lose/gain this past week?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Madrox

Vaya Con Dio
BGOL Investor

Tito_Jackson

Truth Teller
Registered
76592720e8d02bcff124a3ecd0bf94d573ed096855860e2ed2554a87704e111c51058d56.jpg

Here's something that's been bothering the hell out of me with options. The above is a screen shot i got today(9/1) for NIO. If i'm reading this correctly for the very first call it reads

1) Strike price of $15.00
2) Premium price to purches it at 4.70*100 or $470
3) Exprires 9/4

If that's correct then why the hell wouldn't i buy that call right now with $NIO being at almost $20 dollars? The contract expires in 3 days...

WHAT AM I MISSIN?
So if you bought the $15 call option at $470 and exercised it right now you would have paid $1500 + $470 = $1970.00. This is the same price as it was at the time of your post which $19.70 per share. If you bought 100, $1970.00.

It benefits you if the price of the stock goes up significantly this way your price to pay stays the same.

Hope this helps.

Tito_Jackson

Truth Teller
Registered

kinfolk

Star
BGOL Investor
I was expecting RKT would pop up more prior to earnings call today. I have a 28 strike for September so I'm hoping there isn't a sell off after the numbers hit.

sickwidit

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
..had this happen to me a few times already, but I'm tryna be unemotional and keep hearing the vets over and over in my mind "never regret taking profits"
Facts I had to stop looking at the price jump in calls and move on. Made 60%+ on my Twitter spread so that's a win! I've sold alot of NIO PUT spreads so I just need them to come through with a nice delivery number to cash out.

Madrox

Vaya Con Dio
BGOL Investor
What platform?

I use eTrade but I believe the switch was a general one to a different trading market. I'm not 100% sure how that works but the article explains better than I can. I was just relieved that the change didn't fuck with my Jan call option.

Madrox

Vaya Con Dio
BGOL Investor
Facts I had to stop looking at the price jump in calls and move on. Made 60%+ on my Twitter spread so that's a win! I've sold alot of NIO PUT spreads so I just need them to come through with a nice delivery number to cash out.

Im still too shook to buy more than 1 contract at a time. Slowly building up some margin to take that next step.

makingmoves2

Star
Registered
Shit makes no sense. They had solid earnings and they tank at the close

I swear I don't understand this shit!!! Makes no damn sense!!! Home buy and selling is doing great right now... but the stock dips!!!

Zoom reports great earnings as well and their stock sky rockets!! With all the telework and all the damn Zoom parties going on ... shit makes no sense!!!

sickwidit

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Im still too shook to buy more than 1 contract at a time. Slowly building up some margin to take that next step.
Spreads reduce my risk as well as my profit and I am selling them so I am just trying to keep as much of their money as possible. Still a risk but I can manage it better than just a long call

Madrox

Vaya Con Dio
BGOL Investor
Spreads reduce my risk as well as my profit and I am selling them so I am just trying to keep as much of their money as possible. Still a risk but I can manage it better than just a long call

Might have to look into this eventually to add that next layer of strategy. My comfort zone right now is def buying calls for stocks that I'm already long on and have been watching and following for weeks. Stalkin them bitches. But I know another layer of strategy and continued learning will add to the arsenal and help me take advantage of those opportunities that present themselves via the law of attraction. Every time I learn something new, it seems like an idea or opportunity pops up that had been right in my face all along.

xfactor

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I said this a week ago. You can not underestimate the disregard for public health by the general public.

Watch, on Labor Day, beaches, lakes, and clubs will be packed.
COVID-19 fear mongering isn’t dead but it is on life support. COVID PPE and BIO related stocks on my watchlist have taken a major dive in the last 6 weeks while the DJIA (by end of week IMO), S&P 500 and Nasdaq are at record highs.

xfactor

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Shit makes no sense. They had solid earnings and they tank at the close
That’s how it usually goes after solid earnings. If you are in long term, it means nothing. Short sellers love earnings because they are all about forward guidance and right now, what companies are over promising?

xfactor

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I swear I don't understand this shit!!! Makes no damn sense!!! Home buy and selling is doing great right now... but the stock dips!!!

Zoom reports great earnings as well and their stock sky rockets!! With all the telework and all the damn Zoom parties going on ... shit makes no sense!!!
$ZM is the Tesla or Netflix (strong upward movement) of its sector IMO but I can guarantee if it has a poor earnings call it will drop heavily.