Man... I'm 28 min 19 sec Into Kevin Hart's New Netflix Special 'No F**ks Given' & I Literally Haven't Laughed or Even Smirked Once

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Maybe you just travel in circles less diverse and not as knowledgeable about all aspects of comedy like me. :dunno:

That’s what makes opinions more valid.
Or maybe Jeff fox worthy comedy isn’t worth mentioning in any forms of convo.. yep lot of bullshit exist in the world and most times people don’t bring up bottom barrel shit in conversation.. Jeff foxworthy is in that category

swoop1

Circle the wagons.
BGOL Investor
World wars were started by certain euro countries fighting amongst each other as well as Asian countries fighting amongst each other... millions to tens of Millions of casualties.. I think that proves your theory wrong

Im talking about now, not years and years ago. Wasn’t always like this.

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Im talking about now, not years and years ago. Wasn’t always like this.
White dudes hate on Tom cruise, brad Pitt, DiCaprio, Justin Timberlake just cause lots of white women like how they look.. some of these school shooters killed people cause they were athletes or popular.. incels hate on pretty females or guys that can get bitches... some whites hate others cause they are broke, didn’t go to elite schools, don’t drive certain cars.. some of those people who aren’t on the high class side hate people that are.. you can go on forever about white hate.. hell there’s a reason why they say don’t talk about politics or religion with them.. they have all sorts of demographic and groups dedicated to hatred

rage

International
International Member
You have to kind of be in the right frame of mind to watch his comedy. If you're not really paying attention Kevin isn't funny, you have to be watching him because for me his jokes aren't that funny, it's bad to say but he's more funny to look at, he's one of those physical comedians rather than a flat out funny one like Chappelle.

D24OHA

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
You have to kind of be in the right frame of mind to watch his comedy. If you're not really paying attention Kevin isn't funny, you have to be watching him because for me his jokes aren't that funny, it's bad to say but he's more funny to look at, he's one of those physical comedians rather than a flat out funny one like Chappelle.

That's not the case with Deon Cole, Patrice O'Neal or Chappelle...any mood I'm in, I'm laughing....we gotta stop making excuses.

Last edited:

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
A poster in this thread made a good assessment Earlier in this thread about kevin hart.. he’s a safe black dude that would best for a talk show host..the late night job.. even game show host... tell a few jokes or do 1 of his physical comedic sets and he would be big in that environment... I don’t know which standup I saw yrs ago with him but I found that to be somewhat entertaining.. I haven’t seen that many of his standup but it seems to most people on here that they weren’t that funny either... but he has had his moments.. he’s marketable to white people and he still collects checks... hopefully this was just a bad set and he will have better 1s in the future

dawilleyone

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
He hasn't been funny since The 40 Year Old Virgin.
I put him in the same category as Steve Harvey
I'm not a big Steve Harvey fan, but he's in different stand up league from Kevin Hart IMO. Him, Cedrick, DL and Bernie (RIP) and Katt want that movie money, but they can live off their standup due to their broad appeal and polished routines. I think Kevin's career is built off his Comedic acting mostly.

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I have to remember to try to watch this, a few of my boys had recommended this for me to watch when nyc was on full lockdown mode in like April/may but I never got a chance to peep it

It’s actually

IMG_8944.jpg

Let us know what you think.

durham

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I like his movies for the most part, his special on Black History was excellent, but yeah I have never liked his stand up specials. Get your money Kevin. I'll never understand folks going to a stadium to watch him live like it's it's Prince.

Charlemagne

Rising Star
Registered
i watched it last night. I didn't make it through. that said, anybody saying kevin isn't generally funny (individual taste notwithstanding) is not telling the truth. The man stays selling out arenas and booking $20m+ movie gigs for a reason and it's not the illuminati and not cuz he took a dick in the ass. It's because he's funny and he works hard and he has good representation.

As far as his brand of humor, he's not especially cerebral/intellectual, which makes it hard for him to come up with the type of stuff Chappelle or Rock are capable of and his "sell out arena"/"book $20m movies" persona does not allow him to veer into the realm of the Patrice Oneal's and Corey Holcombs of the world. He's got his movie star who does standup lane and he stays in it.

Some of you cats act as if its easy to come up with an hour's worth of material (even with writers) time and time again and maintain high-quality and newness all at the same time. There is a reason all of our g.o.a.t candidates generally have a limited amount of produced standup material.

bxclark

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Kevin is socially funny. Put him in a room engaging with folk, he IS funny. His sillyness and comebacks will generate laughs. If he was part of your crew, cracking jokes, he'd be hilarious. His personality comes through in those scenarios. That's why his tv shows and movies are funny. His scene with Romany in the 40 year old virgin will ALWAYS be funny.

On his own, telling jokes, he is not as strong. I will say 2-3 out of his seven specials were pretty good. This one was a miss.

the13thround

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I didn't even see this thread until now.
Just tried to watch it last night and I didn't laugh in the first 15 minutes.
So I just cut it on something else.
I gave it an honest try but it just wasn't funny.

Ming Fei Hong

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
There is a reason all of our g.o.a.t candidates generally have a limited amount of produced standup material.
Kevin needs to focus on quality over quantity. He's rich/famous as fuck at this point. He can cake up like Eddie as a comedic actor without doing stand-up again. This special came off as an ego trip, an unforced error that didn't have to happen. He doesn't seem to be the personality type who takes criticism well from people he views as underlings. Problem is those are exactly the people who'll give him the most honest, useful critiques.

slewdem100

Rising Star
OG Investor
Kevin Hart is funny to me. No I ain't seen his special but I'll get around to it. You don't see white people doing this to white comedians. You don't hear "man that Jeff Foxworthy is so out of touch, fuck him!!"

I always thought he was funny but not in my top 5. That hasn't changed for me. Is it Kevin Hart that has changed or his audience?
Stand up not as funny as it used to be. Kevin still funny as shit in other stuff and his earlier stand up (mid 2000s to early teens) was great...not Chappelle or Rock level but not Epps level either(Epps gets tons of respect from other comedians but his stand up has never impressed me although he clearly a funny actor).

Kevin simply doing really well in life and his material was always kinda more narrow in scope so its easier to get stale. He may also be over exposed. That was always a question with Kevin. Do you stay out the limelight to increase anticipation or do you get all you can while you hot? He has chosen the get it all right here, right now model and overexposure is one of the pitfalls of that.

dawilleyone

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Now, I may have to give Kev some dap. I was listening to Hart's Sirius Radio comedy channel (used to be foxxhole radio) and I heard a Kevin Hart bit that was damn funny. It was about his Dad bringing his wife (Kev's step mom) over while she was in a wheelchair and how the whole family ended up watching some scary movie and then got spooked in the middle of the night by some noises. Then him and his Dad ended up outside in his car trying to get away from whatever was making the noise.

I googled it to see how old it was and it was from 2016 special "What Now"

Now I realize that this being Kevin's channel and he probably placed his funniest bit on there, but this one time he genuinely made me laugh with this story.

D24OHA

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I know one of his writers (Spank) and he isn't funny at all!

Allegedly all of the plastic cup boys "help" him when he's getting his special together....I think Naim is the only one publicly credited as a writer