AMC/Regal/Cineworld Theaters may go bankrupt (CINEWORLD GOES DOWN!)

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Been listening to a few TV / movie podcasts, and some of the hosts have mentioned returning to the theaters.

The ones who have attended said there were only 4 - 10 people total at their screenings. All extremely spaced apart.

A few noted their venues allowed people to rent out a full screen if they so chose. Said the cost was approx' $150, and they just attended with their immediate bubble.

Other hosts have said they don't plan on returning until later next year, or a good 3 - 6 months post-vaccine.

Ceenote

Thinkn with My 3rd Eye!
Platinum Member
Man, my state still has damn near everything shut down; especially my county. I had to read about Tenet on here and watch youtube reviews. :mad::(

Sorry to hear that.. that can really suck.. here in the chicago, everything is open.. many food places n gyms in the suburbs that are 24 hour places are not open 24 hours..but thats about it.. everything else business as usual...

gene cisco

Not A BGOL Eunuch
BGOL Investor
If all restaurants close.. does that mean people can’t go outside with grills, portable stoves, food trucks and not make delicious food?.. there’s always options..there’s always another way to do things..you can have street vendors, food trucks, specific areas and have day/night food markets.. these Jews have brainwashed some of ya to thinking it’s only 1 way(their way) to do things.. nah it isn’t they just want you to do it their way so they can make all the money.. i Live in a Jew run city and know first hand how they try to monopolize things and get mad when people find alternatives.. it’s why they hated on air bnb cause it was an option away from their hotels, they hated on Uber/Lyft cause it took money away from the yellow cabs, they made it hard to get vendors license cause people were making in the streets instead of paying high ass rent for their property/stores.. they want control over all the money and want you to believe it’s only 1 way.. it’s not.. movie making/entertainment can still thrive and generate money without big budgets and through other outlets that not necessarily theatre, Hollywood owned, etc... entertainment will be here to stay just in a diff way..like it always does..you ain’t watching movie on vhs and a 20 inch tv anymore right? Exactly shit evolves all the time this is 1 of those segments
Thing is the different way here doesn't have to be invented. It's already here: streaming. Folks just scared they can't make as much money with it.

Let's say average movie ticket is $10. Family of four goes and spends $40 dollars on tickets and 60 on refreshments. Total of 100. Studio only gets half the 40, so 20. Same family can now give the studio the money directly for streaming and feel they won which means they might stream more. They basically saved 80 and are likely to steer that to entertainment.

Like I said, just will take retraining on how people view entertainment. Sadly, producers might have to throw the theater experience under the bus to capitalize on streaming. Highlight how much is wasted on their old business model in order to push the new one and show how it's a bargain. Fortunately, consumers are easy to retrain.

I'm confident that we will get our big budget movies streaming. Way too much money on the table. :yes: They will figure it out.

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Thing is the different way here doesn't have to be invented. It's already here: streaming. Folks just scared they can't make as much money with it.

Let's say average movie ticket is $10. Family of four goes and spends $40 dollars on tickets and 60 on refreshments. Total of 100. Studio only gets half the 40, so 20. Same family can now give the studio the money directly for streaming and feel they won which means they might stream more. They basically saved 80 and are likely to steer that to entertainment.

Like I said, just will take retraining on how people view entertainment. Sadly, producers might have to throw the theater experience under the bus to capitalize on streaming. Highlight how much is wasted on their old business model in order to push the new one and show how it's a bargain. Fortunately, consumers are easy to retrain.

I'm confident that we will get our big budget movies streaming. Way too much money on the table. :yes: They will figure it out.
I know they will find a way back..only people caring is the people benefiting financially from movies playing at theatres and a few movie goers.. at the end of the day if all the theatres burn down them same people still gonna watch on another outlet.. dudes acting like they don’t watch stuff on their TVs, tablets, phones.. acting like they gonna refuse to watch any movies for now on if theatres don’t exist.. they’ll be watching without missing a beat... the Past 6 months same nigs viewed every single movie at home, same nigs that didn’t go to the theatre last month when them shits were 15 cent for 1 day.. they yapping their gums but in the end will fall in line if the new ways is viewing movies without theatres

shaddyvillethug

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I have experienced the hood peanut gallery sideshow, shootings, people smoking weed and fights at hood theaters.

Besides the peanut gallery I have never experienced that shit elsewhere and the peanut gallery is much less.

People on their phones are a universal issue but it's still more prevalent at hood theaters especially with black women regardless of age.

Also keep in mind that when I go to see movies it is at premium theaters which tend to have serious movie goers that respect the theater and other movie goers. I am a serious movie patron.

So save that shit for the coons and buck dancers. I'm not in that category.
What movie was “they” shooting at

You lying

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor

You lying
:lol: :lol: :lol:

PVxjm2.jpg

gdatruth

A Man Apart
Certified Pussy Poster
Been listening to a few TV / movie podcasts, and some of the hosts have mentioned returning to the theaters.

The ones who have attended said there were only 4 - 10 people total at their screenings. All extremely spaced apart.

A few noted their venues allowed people to rent out a full screen if they so chose. Said the cost was approx' $150, and they just attended with their immediate bubble.

Other hosts have said they don't plan on returning until later next year, or a good 3 - 6 months post-vaccine.

you might listen to the alot of my same podcasts
i live in jersey where things are relatively under control and theatres have been open for a month or so
I saw Tenet and would say the theatre in Dolby 2nd weekend on a Saturday and I would say the was at 5-10% capacity

even if theatres open and blockbusters are really ppl dont feel comfortable going to the movies (not enough ppl at least for the theatres and studios to make money)

I love going to the movies. I had Moviepass & also have AMC A List but i dont see things getting back to normal until sometime in 2021 (maybe late Spring early Summer). Til then i expect studios to push major flicks back and we'll see if AMC survies

veritech

Black Votes Matter!
Platinum Member

You lying

nigga please. i been at three theaters with shootings. all hood theaters. i still haven't seen the end of richochet after we had to run out because dudes was shooting. and after the last time i decided that if a theater has metal detectors i don't need to go to that theater.

the shit got so bad that there isn't even a theater in the city of detroit anymore. not a single one.

unless that emagine finally opened in the new center area. but i think they decided against it.

XXXplosive

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Regal is closing ALL 536 theaters this Thursday.

I've never been a fan of theaters, especially with my home theater setup, so no big loss for me.
These theater companies should have been investing their money into home theater equipment and streaming services over the years instead of doubling down on bigger and more costly theaters.
They're suffering the same fate the music industry has suffered because they fought against digital streaming in the beginning instead of getting behind it.
The music industry felt like streaming and digital sales would force people to stop buying CDs, which people eventually did.
Eventually, theaters will go the way of Blockbuster and CDs as well.

shaddyvillethug

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
nigga please. i been at three theaters with shootings. all hood theaters. i still haven't seen the end of richochet after we had to run out because dudes was shooting. and after the last time i decided that if a theater has metal detectors i don't need to go to that theater.

the shit got so bad that there isn't even a theater in the city of detroit anymore. not a single one.

unless that emagine finally opened in the new center area. but i think they decided against it.
U talk a lot

what movie was niggas shooting at????????????

veritech

Black Votes Matter!
Platinum Member
U talk a lot

what movie was niggas shooting at????????????

u need some reading comprehension. i already mentioned the first one.

ricochet - mercury theater, detroit, mi
menace 2 society - americana theater, southfield, mi
next friday - showcase cinemas, dearborn, mi

and those are just the ones where i was in the theater. not to mention what was happening in parking lots.

and those three theaters are not even open anymore. because alot of people said fuck that after repeated violence at those theaters.

gene cisco

Not A BGOL Eunuch
BGOL Investor

That cat bullshitting. :lol:He knows what it is. Hell, if he anything like the cat he claim to be he one of the fools that was bringing illegal straps into those theaters just because something MIGHT jump off.

It's just us BGOL cats here. The barbershop. No need to bullshit. What's up to my NE Ohio people old enough to remember going to randall Park mall movies strapped. Still remember when they had to cut off Army of the Darkness. Tower City with the burner inside the coat pocket. Southgate. Who remember Valley View theater before it became damn near hood and a no-go unless early morning?

Want a nice experience at a NE theater? We learned to travel. It is what it is.

shaddyvillethug

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

and those are just the ones where i was in the theater. not to mention what was happening in parking lots.

and those three theaters are not even open anymore. because alot of people said fuck that after repeated violence at those theaters.
Yea that’s fucked up

My hood we all curtesy among each other and considerate.
When hustle and flow came out that shit was cold

When that white boy made that beat!!!!!!!!!!! Nigga everybody gat up and starting dancing.

shit was fire

ThaBurgerPimp

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor

Should go back to when Do The Right Thing and Colors were released..and even further back,The Warriors

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

[/QUOTE]
complex tical‘d the movie theatres.. maybe in Argentina they will reopen

gene cisco

Not A BGOL Eunuch
BGOL Investor
Yea that’s fucked up

My hood we all curtesy among each other and considerate.
When hustle and flow came out that shit was cold

When that white boy made that beat!!!!!!!!!!! Nigga everybody gat up and starting dancing.

shit was fire
You Michigan cats a diff breed

We not shootin no theater

niggas gat kids in here.
Wait. Considerate. This the same Chicago that blaze up parks in broad daylight? Gas stations with kids all around. Corner stores. That will shoot up a daytime cookout in someone's yard? But all of a sudden, you cats respect theaters because kids around?

Ya'll the same cats who helped the 90s 'tough on crime' craze with how Yummy got did. Consideration? Is that a 2020 thing?

Winslow Wong

Rising Star
BGOL Gold Member
I can't believe people are comparing watching a screen at home no matter how big to watching a full-fledge movie in a theater with crystal clear sound. Yes, you can watch a movie on a phone but that is not the movie going experience. Also, the biggest complaint about people are the concession, the movies are not like a club where you have a 2 drink minimum, you don't have to order it or sneak your own shit in.

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor

complex tical‘d the movie theatres.. maybe in Argentina they will reopen

You don't follow shit do you?

Notice how they pushed everything back. They didn't send anything to VOD.

and notice how Disney is now making Mulan available other places. That let's you know how much it made thru Disney.

VOD doesn't make close to as much money.

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor
I can't believe people are comparing watching a screen at home no matter how big to watching a full-fledge movie in a theater with crystal clear sound. Yes, you can watch a movie on a phone but that is not the movie going experience. Also, the biggest complaint about people are the concession, the movies are not like a club where you have a 2 drink minimum, you don't have to order it or sneak your own shit in.

Dudes haven't been to the movies since 1985. They don't know any better.

XXXplosive

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Y'all can have those sticky floors and niggas talking and staring at their phones throughout a show, I'm good at the crib.
Home theaters are slowly catching up with actual theaters.
Notice how the theaters are installing recliners now just like you would have at home?
It's just like how home gaming systems eventually caught up with the arcades and all but put that industry out of business.

King_of_Posts

Rising Star
Registered

All this is true. The Renaissance building used to have a lil run down movie theater in it, but they movies were basically a couple dollars and had been out for a while. Even that is gone now.

I moved from Michigan in 2017 and used to occasionally go to the AMC theater in Dearborn when though it was hood as hell. For matinees. I learned to not go late cause niggas would act up and talk and get in the phone during the movies.

Emagine theaters were the shit but you had a lil drive ahead of you if you wanted to go. Like you said, in a city of almost 700k people....... Detroit does not have even ONE movie theater.

veritech

Black Votes Matter!
Platinum Member

Some of us have better sound systems than some theaters. Not bullshitting. And more watts and bigger speakers doesn't mean better.

If the movie is not in a premium format my 75 inch 4k Dolby Vision/UHD screen with my 7.2.2 Dolby Atmos system easily beats a standard movie theater experience. And I have been told that by many people after they sit through a movie or I demo my system.

Short of a Dolby Cinema experience I am not missing shit. And keeping it real even with Dolby Cinema I am not missing much.

Home theater tech has become pro-sumer equipment for those of us that are aficionados. We aren't talking sound bars here.

veritech

Black Votes Matter!
Platinum Member
Y'all can have those sticky floors and niggas talking and staring at their phones throughout a show, I'm good at the crib.
Home theaters are slowly catching up with actual theaters.
Notice how the theaters are installing recliners now just like you would have at home?
It's just like how home gaming systems eventually caught up with the arcades and all but put that industry out of business.

Home theaters have been caught up with standard theaters. They actually surpass standard theaters. That is why theater owners had to develop premium formats and seating.

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor

Depends on the movie, it was more than that for Tenet, and in fact still is here.

Also stuff like Akira had a pretty good audience size. Empire had people too.

Movies are so spaced out, at least mine are it's funny people are so scared. Still I saw a couple wipe down their chair for safety. Meanwhile I'll drive by Cracker Barrell on Sunday morning and that joint will be packed. Like they said in the video I posted, bowling alleys are essential? Restaurants and churches have been linked to outbreaks. Movie theaters have a reputation, but you aren't catching Covid from that popcorn on the floor.

One of the main things is product, small budget movies like Kajillionare, Infidel and Shortcut would have had a problem attracting audiences regardless in a perfect movie climate.

Same with New Mutants and Tenet. Tenet didn't have good word of mouth. New Mutants should have been sent to Hulu, because it wasn't good.

Home theaters have been caught up with standard theaters. They actually surpass standard theaters. That is why theater owners had to develop premium formats and seating.

When is the last time you went to a theater?

Your fuckin chair moves along with the action in movies?

Your TV at home is 1,000 feet and in IMAX?

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
You don't follow shit do you?

Notice how they pushed everything back. They didn't send anything to VOD.

and notice how Disney is now making Mulan available other places. That let's you know how much it made thru Disney.

VOD doesn't make close to as much money.
If both theatres closed for good you think Hollywood gonna push bond back for a decade? You think Hollywood gonna retire and say that’s it since theatres are closed for good we no longer gonna make movies for now on? You think people will only be able to watch movies from 2019 and below for the rest of human existence? The sky is falling , Hollywood has officially stopped making movies forever no more new entertainment.. I thought there will be new movies I trustedddd youuu.. no nig the sky hasn’t fallen.. they don’t make all this home entertainment for nothing, there will be new movies made and they will be good.. there’s a bunch of movies that didnt have 200 million dollar budgets.. it’s called b4 2000.. got decades upon decades of great movies that didn’t break the bank that are classics.. you ain’t going on strike you will watch movies until the day you die.. whether them shits on tv, a tablet/laptop, or on your cell.. stop crying like a bitch and just accept change or are you gonna watch your vhs tape on your vcr or listen to your Sony Walkman that’s next to your converse all stars? Oops you prob have none of those cause time changes everything

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Some of us have better sound systems than some theaters. Not bullshitting. And more watts and bigger speakers doesn't mean better.

If the movie is not in a premium format my 75 inch 4k Dolby Vision/UHD screen with my 7.2.2 Dolby Atmos system easily beats a standard movie theater experience. And I have been told that by many people after they sit through a movie or I demo my system.

Short of a Dolby Cinema experience I am not missing shit. And keeping it real even with Dolby Cinema I am not missing much.

Home theater tech has become pro-sumer equipment for those of us that are aficionados. We aren't talking sound bars here.
Mad nigs got these oversize tvs like their eyes don’t work and Pay thousands for them yet still talking about the movie experience isn’t good.. so wtf did they buy all that tech for if watching movies still ain’t enjoyable to them? Nigs got 75 inch screens for Instagram lol... theatre got nigs sounding like crackheads needing that hit in order to survive.. ”what am I gonna do if I can’t watch bond in a imax theatre” lol.. clown shit.. nigs act like they never enjoyed a movie on regular tv.. hell half these nigs had less than 30 inch screens b4 the 90s and yet enjoyed mad movies they saw on that bitch.. nigs overreacted like a motherfucker on here