AMC/Regal/Cineworld Theaters may go bankrupt (CINEWORLD GOES DOWN!)

xxxbishopxxx

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Hmm,, closing down amc spots don't surprise me one bit!! We're in the early stages of a paradigm shift in the entertainment industry!! Just about everyone has a decent size hdtv/4k tv. I'm sure they are figuring out a way to push those movies straight your home..
The only thing making that hard to do were the theater chains. If they become weakened or broken due to the pandemic, releases will an easier road to home streaming debuts.

With that said, I wonder how realistic will it be to have 150 million plus budgeted movies getting first release on streaming sites. A lot of those movies were made with theater first releases in mind.

Big Tex

Earth is round..gravity is real
BGOL Investor
Fuck em. Prices for food are outrageous

08Wpxa.jpg

Good gracious...

mrcmd187

Controversy Creates Cash
BGOL Investor
Why would you release a block buster movie today? Literally no one would go see it. Are you even thinking about what you’re saying ?
I’m saying if they keep pushing the movies back theaters make no money and have to close so where are you going to show the block buster movie at to make them block buster money. Get it now.

mrcmd187

Controversy Creates Cash
BGOL Investor
You clearly don’t understand what happened with the last housing crash. The practices that were in play back then aren’t today. Any and everyone was getting approved back then. Especially with those adjustable rate mortgages. Raising the required FICO score to get a loan keeps people with bad credit from getting a home. It’s more protections today. Back in 2007 it was some predatory ass lending.
You do realize that was the second time the housing market bubble went to shit and they always figure ways around shit that’s why they pay the big bucks for talent that can figure ways around shit to make them more money

roots69

Rising Star
Registered
The only thing making that hard to do were the theater chains. If they become weakened or broken due to the pandemic, releases will an easier road to home streaming debuts.

With that said, I wonder how realistic will it be to have 150 million plus budgeted movies getting first release on streaming sites. A lot of those movies were made with theater first releases in mind.

Yeah, I understand what your saying! I don't see how movie theaters are going to make it thru this covid stuff until a effective vaccine is found!!

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor
Not only aren't you winning entertainment wise, society wise too.
You do not want an industry to fail.
You do not want thousands of people losing their jobs!
It can destroy not only them but YOU.
I am not going to type all the reasons why cause it is too much to type.

It just shows that very few major posters on this board went to college and paid attention.

Very few.

They're looking at their own self interest and selfishness and not the bigger picture of a trillion dollar industry being hurt.

veritech

Black Votes Matter!
Platinum Member
Wait

how do u know it’s only ‘hood’ theaters?

white people are jerks too nigga

I see the game u be playing

I have experienced the hood peanut gallery sideshow, shootings, people smoking weed and fights at hood theaters.

Besides the peanut gallery I have never experienced that shit elsewhere and the peanut gallery is much less.

People on their phones are a universal issue but it's still more prevalent at hood theaters especially with black women regardless of age.

Also keep in mind that when I go to see movies it is at premium theaters which tend to have serious movie goers that respect the theater and other movie goers. I am a serious movie patron.

So save that shit for the coons and buck dancers. I'm not in that category.

veritech

Black Votes Matter!
Platinum Member
If movies are only in your home, the quality of movies will die down.
It will not be a money making industry anymore.
Therefore you will get a lot of shit movies.

The original series/movies on HBO MAX, DISNEY+, Amazon, Netflix and etc do not support that argument. Without me even thinking about it I can name 5 series with exceptional scripts, acting and special effects that rival any movie.

veritech

Black Votes Matter!
Platinum Member
Not only aren't you winning entertainment wise, society wise too.
You do not want an industry to fail.
You do not want thousands of people losing their jobs!
It can destroy not only them but YOU.
I am not going to type all the reasons why cause it is too much to type.

It just shows that very few major posters on this board went to college and paid attention.

Very few.

I don't want the industry to fail. But I do want same day VOD releases. And I have wanted that since 2008.

gene cisco

Not A BGOL Eunuch
BGOL Investor
That’s actually not true. A lot of lenders upped their fico score to get approval.
I told him that in another thread. I don't know where he is getting his bad information from. Even a simple google search on the surface would tell him his info is way off. :smh:
People don't seem to get that.

People will point out the rare low budget good theater movie, but skip over the hundreds of mediocre and shitty Netflix and cable movies. That would be the future.

So rooting for theaters to fail is backwards as fuck. You aren't winning.
You don't get that we having streaming wars with ORIGINAL content and producers are making profit and people are loving it. All that has to be done is to RETRAIN CONSUMERS. COVID is doing that for content makers. They will pump that movie money right into streaming purchases.

Do you understand what's happening here? Movie consumers will actually have more money to give directly to the studios since the middleman(theaters) will be reduced.

Dinos just are holding on due to fear. You insisting on the old 1930s model as if you really own a theater. :smh:

34real

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Very few.
You're going way to hard for an industry that has made more money off of people than anyone could imagine,100 million dollar movies,paying actress's and actors millions of dollars per movie that aren't even that good concept wise.It's an dirty industry that has been getting over on people like a fat rat and giving up very little.Like the music industry,things have changed some no name rapper can make his or her music in their bedroom,shoot a video with their iphone and upload it to applemusic or youtube and generate money.....things HAVE CHANGED AND YOU DON'T NEED A COLLEGE DEGREE TO FIGURE THAT OUT;record lables have shut down,merged and not even counting all the other businesses that eat off of them in that trickle down effect and A LOT OF PEOPLE HAVE LOST THEIR JOBS.

What does college have to do with an AMC movie theater?it's entertainment and that's not the only thing that has left,bowling alleys,pool halls(which My father owned two),bars,skating ranks,arcades,the circus,carnivals and I won't be shocked if your local amusement parks go out of business or partner up with the bigger ones like Six Flags to stay in business.

CHANGE IS GOING TO HAPPEN WHETHER YOU,I OR YOUR KIDS AND THEIR KIDS LIKE IT....IT'S HAPPENING RIGHT NOW,SHIT WILL NOT BE THE SAME AFTER THIS AND YOU DON'T NEED A COLLEGE DEGREE TO SEE IT,HOPEFULLY YOU'RE ALIVE AFTER THE MADNESS.
(IT'S JOKES....MOSTLY,BANTER,WITH COVID-19 AMC IS THE LAST THING TO WORRY ABOUT)

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

33972014-8803907-image-a-15_1601829527806.jpg

33972336-0-image-a-2_1601829403555.jpg

33972012-8803907-image-a-17_1601829532608.jpg

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Always remember raid redemption was made on a million dollar budget... that movie was a fucking action masterpiece... raid redemption was better than 95 percent of action flicks that cost 100+million in the past 2 decades.. it’s obvious greatness can be made for the cheap and without a bunch of nigs who names you don’t know.. Hollywood been an overhyped money laundering biz with over inflated budgets.. give me more raid redemption than iron man 2/3, transformers series, half the garbage that’s been put out... it’s all about execution not budgets... saw was made for a million bucks.. small ass room , unique story, surprise ending.. real writers will be used now instead of boom boom boom stupid story, love interest the end, than a bunch of dumber sequels

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I told him that in another thread. I don't know where he is getting his bad information from. Even a simple google search on the surface would tell him his info is way off. :smh:

You don't get that we having streaming wars with ORIGINAL content and producers are making profit and people are loving it. All that has to be done is to RETRAIN CONSUMERS. COVID is doing that for content makers. They will pump that movie money right into streaming purchases.

Do you understand what's happening here? Movie consumers will actually have more money to give directly to the studios since the middleman(theaters) will be reduced.

Dinos just are holding on due to fear. You insisting on the old 1930s model as if you really own a theater. :smh:
Yepppp

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Always remember raid redemption was made on a million dollar budget... that movie was a fucking action masterpiece... raid redemption was better than 95 percent of action flicks that cost 100+million in the past 2 decades.. it’s obvious greatness can be made for the cheap ...

Agreed. Won tickets to the advance(d) screening / premiere. Took my pops and he wasn't sure what to expect. Packed house ... everyone was into it. Pops isn't too expressive, so I couldn't read what he thought about it. Asked him afterward - he scored it 9/10 and said it was great. Asked him years later if he wanted to attend the sequel (won tickets for that one too). He said hell yeah. Enjoyed that one too. He told a bunch of people about both movies. Positive word of mouth for his peer group in their 60s and 70s ... "Have you heard of THE RAID movies? Check them out!"

:roflmao: :cheers:

TENT

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
People do not realize how we are all connected.

Someone or something failing can come back to affect you.

Let's say you hate your neighbor.

He loses his job. You are so happy.

Until he can't take care of his house.

Now YOUR property value dips.

He forecloses.

The new neighbor is even worse!

People don't seem to get that.

People will point out the rare low budget good theater movie, but skip over the hundreds of mediocre and shitty Netflix and cable movies. That would be the future.

So rooting for theaters to fail is backwards as fuck. You aren't winning.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

cineworld.jpg

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
They're looking at their own self interest and selfishness and not the bigger picture of a trillion dollar industry being hurt.
If all restaurants close.. does that mean people can’t go outside with grills, portable stoves, food trucks and not make delicious food?.. there’s always options..there’s always another way to do things..you can have street vendors, food trucks, specific areas and have day/night food markets.. these Jews have brainwashed some of ya to thinking it’s only 1 way(their way) to do things.. nah it isn’t they just want you to do it their way so they can make all the money.. i Live in a Jew run city and know first hand how they try to monopolize things and get mad when people find alternatives.. it’s why they hated on air bnb cause it was an option away from their hotels, they hated on Uber/Lyft cause it took money away from the yellow cabs, they made it hard to get vendors license cause people were making in the streets instead of paying high ass rent for their property/stores.. they want control over all the money and want you to believe it’s only 1 way.. it’s not.. movie making/entertainment can still thrive and generate money without big budgets and through other outlets that not necessarily theatre, Hollywood owned, etc... entertainment will be here to stay just in a diff way..like it always does..you ain’t watching movie on vhs and a 20 inch tv anymore right? Exactly shit evolves all the time this is 1 of those segments

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Agreed. Won tickets to the advance(d) screening / premiere. Took my pops and he wasn't sure what to expect. Packed house ... everyone was into it. Pops isn't too expressive, so I couldn't read what he thought about it. Asked him afterward - he scored it 9/10 and said it was great. Asked him years later if he wanted to attend the sequel (won tickets for that one too). He said hell yeah. Enjoyed that one too. He told a bunch of people about both movies. Positive word of mouth for his peer group in their 60s and 70s ... "Have you heard of THE RAID movies? Check them out!"

:roflmao: :cheers:
Exactly a fucking masterpiece.. 1 of the rare movies this millennium I’ve seen multiple times..most flicks this past 2 decades are 1 and done, not the fucking raid...martial arts mixed with gun play..fantastic shit

BronxBomber

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I dont want to see the Theaters go out of biz. when I go I usually have some scotch in her purse or Im going to my son on chill mode, and the money I use is well is for entertainment. I just think the country is going to cannibalize itself, because there is a HUGE eco-system around movie theaters from employees, to supplies, to contractors, to street cleaners, restaurants and shopping centers around the theaters etc. There is an upside to the country getting more streamlined but in my eyes that haves and have nots are going to find themselves with a widening gap.

I know things will look different BC and AC but I wish the movie industry would have stop living like fat rats they should have been had enough liquidity to make some effective changes to get back open. They could have had created some kind of bubble that you go in when you get to the movie theater, air filtration like planes, sanitizing stations, seating from back to front with less capacity. I just think there was a way...

Far as entertainment goes this just accelerated what was happening, home entertainment will be just like home video game did the coin op arcades. In the future will still have some Theaters but will be like Dave & Butlers where you have a couple large ones per city.....

Anyways hope yall brothers good get yall money right...

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I dont want to see the Theaters go out of biz. when I go I usually have some scotch in her purse or Im going to my son on chill mode, and the money I use is well is for entertainment. I just think the country is going to cannibalize itself, because there is a HUGE eco-system around movie theaters from employees, to supplies, to contractors, to street cleaners, restaurants and shopping centers around the theaters etc. There is an upside to the country getting more streamlined but in my eyes that haves and have nots are going to find themselves with a widening gap.

I know things will look different BC and AC but I wish the movie industry would have stop living like fat rats they should have been had enough liquidity to make some effective changes to get back open. They could have had created some kind of bubble that you go in when you get to the movie theater, air filtration like planes, sanitizing stations, seating from back to front with less capacity. I just think there was a way...

Far as entertainment goes this just accelerated what was happening, home entertainment will be just like home video game did the coin op arcades. In the future will still have some Theaters but will be like Dave & Butlers where you have a couple large ones per city.....

Anyways hope yall brothers good get yall money right...
They should of did the member pass sooner... there’s also other niches they can cater to or older movies to show... like when I think a theatre showed every marvel movie leading up to the avengers(some all day pass shit).. it’s still gimmicks that can be used the question is if they are smart enough to pull them off