Nick Cannon Dropped by ViacomCBS After Making Anti-Semitic Comments

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I'm sorry but the whole idea that black people are Hebrew Israelites, Native Americans or moors or any of that bullshit is another form of self-hatred and ignorance.
I wouldn't call it self hatred...its basically looking for an identity. Thats all we've been doing the last 100 years really....its how you go from Negro to Colored to Afro American to Black to African American.

Its why the Black Muslims use (or used to use) the X. When all your taught in a racist system is that you come from nothing and produce nothing...you start looking for yourself in everything. Hence Hewbrew Israelites and Moors and Egypt and pretty much anything that exhibits thick lips and dark color are claimed as black and therefore us.

I'm not saying that Africans didn't travel and do things but the push by Hebrew Israelites for instance makes it an either-or choice. When maybe its not.

But hey I'm STILL trying to figure out how saying anything about Jews is antisemitic BUT you can openly talk shit all day about Muslims and its not antisemitic even tho Islam is a Semitic religion?? Still trying to figure out how that works.

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I'm sorry but the whole idea that black people are Hebrew Israelites, Native Americans or moors or any of that bullshit is another form of self-hatred and ignorance.
if black people were the original man and they have artifacts on various continents/countries proving of our existence all over the world dating back thousands of yrs why wouldn't black people can be all those things? If a black man walked on American soil first would he not be an native of america? If a black man walked on Israel first is he not an iIsraelite? Moors did exist and if you want to claim your ancestors background you can... It's not self hatred it's recognizing your heritage... If a Jamaican moved to America in the 70s and a hundred yrs later they great grandchildren are still in America but they still use West Indian dialect, use many of the recipes from their native country, listen to the teachings, play the music, are you gonna tell them they're not Jamaican and that they have self hatred cause they don't claim American cause they family been on this country for the past century?

^SpiderMan^

Mackin Arachnid
BGOL Investor
I get how much money is on the line and that it is easier to criticize when not making the sacrifice myself but....

I’m really disappointed in Nick Cannon. He had the ground was fertile for him to open some deep conversations and to pivot into a more meaningful and possibly more lucrative career. I was going to tune into his podcast. I don’t think Wildin Out will last much longer anyway. He really messed this one up. Now he lost credibility and his show is going to end up cancelled in a year or two anyway.

Mrfreddygoodbud

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I wouldn't call it self hatred...its basically looking for an identity. Thats all we've been doing the last 100 years really....its how you go from Negro to Colored to Afro American to Black to African American.

Its why the Black Muslims use (or used to use) the X. When all your taught in a racist system is that you come from nothing and produce nothing...you start looking for yourself in everything. Hence Hewbrew Israelites and Moors and Egypt and pretty much anything that exhibits thick lips and dark color are claimed as black and therefore us.

I'm not saying that Africans didn't travel and do things but the push by Hebrew Israelites for instance makes it an either-or choice. When maybe its not.

But hey I'm STILL trying to figure out how saying anything about Jews is antisemitic BUT you can openly talk shit all day about Muslims and its not antisemitic even tho Islam is a Semitic religion?? Still trying to figure out how that works.

Aint looking fo no gotdam identity we found it...

You just waiting for

Dwight Man to send you a memo....

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
2 most important things in bizz is the consumer and product... If I sold the best sweet potatoe pie ever but it was out on a vendor stand and not in a commercialized store you would still buy it.. So all you have to do is find an alternative outlet to display your product so that your consumers can get it without using commercial resources... Ryan Leslie actually created the perfect outlet to make somebody like nick to generate lots of money pushing his product... Nick need to holla at ryan... Basically it's pushing your product through text message and also being able to have direct contact with each individual consumer..it a great outlet for entrepreneurs and even bigger individuals like nick canon... When I have time I'll post it later on in the am that better explains his format
This is a lil info about that Ryan Leslie product he created that somebody like nick could utilize

dasmybikepunk

Wait for it.....
OG Investor
Damn I just realized BET can't fuck with him anymore either :smh: if Netflix do fuck with him his negotiating power is diminished as hell :smh:

Mrfreddygoodbud

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
really? whats the ethnic Identity of ADOS? Thats not some generalized thing like African American. Or African Descendants of Slavery?

That's the problem there were over two hundred nations...

All of the Americas were so called black people...

We were here way before them inuits came

Across the Bering Strait...

Them Asian looking ones crackers are trying to make the quintessential indigenous American

To further confuse us...

The real Americans...

Bruh they lied to you about every thing

And I mean

EVERYTHING

They still teaching cristopher Columbus

Not his real name but we will roll with it..

Thye still teaching he discovered America..

And he never set foot

On these shores...

What the fuck does that tell you
???

Entrepronegro

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
That's the problem there were over two hundred nations...

All of the Americas were so called black people...

We were here way before them inuits came

Across the Bering Strait...

Them Asian looking ones crackers are trying to make the quintessential indigenous American

To further confuse us...

The real Americans...

Bruh they lied to you about every thing

And I mean

EVERYTHING

They still teaching cristopher Columbus

Not his real name but we will roll with it..

Thye still teaching he discovered America..

And he never set foot

On these shores...

What the fuck does that tell you
???
idvllqrf9o821.jpg

younggiftedandblack

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I'm not the type of person who dictates to others what is/isn't offensive to them. I hate it when people do that to us. So if people found what he said offensive, he should apologize (which he did).

I can't but feel that the outrage over these statements Nick made is just a convenient excuse to grab his show from him. I mean, I believe he's made similar comments before and Viacom didn't seem to mind. Why now?

Entrepronegro

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I'm not the type of person who dictates to others what is/isn't offensive to them. I hate it when people do that to us. So if people found what he said offensive, he should apologize (which he did).

I can't but feel that the outrage over these statements Nick made is just a convenient excuse to grab his show from him. I mean, I believe he's made similar comments before and Viacom didn't seem to mind. Why now?
Maybe they felt like enough is enough.

Entrepronegro

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Those were inuits aka Eskimos.....

That came much later....

They came across the land bridge that connected Russia to canada approx 17000 years ago...

We were here building civilizations

Cacs love to hide and cover up....

Like the Olmecs...

Its a hybrid euro Centric conveniently lost civilization.....
Yeah I agree it's a lost civilization, we only can post what we see online or read in a book but really we don't know for sure who were here or there first.

Same goes for religion, we really don't know what's true or what's false.

Mrfreddygoodbud

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Yeah I agree it's a lost civilization, we only can post what we see online or read in a book but really we don't know for sure who were here or there first.

Same goes for religion, we really don't know what's true or what's false.

Nah there are tons of books ... Unfortunately it's in other languages.

For example the Christian missionaries on their first voyage to Brazil.

Said.

The inhabitants are so dark..they look like they came from the sea of Styx..

One of the many things

They forgot to cover up the missionary letters...

When the hybrid euro Christian mafia slithered their way over here..

Before the massacre ....

Which is all really a continuation of the

Boy child raping Catholic church and their murder spree called

The Spanish inquistion..

It never ended...

The kkk are an extension of that

Entrepronegro

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Nah there are tons of books ... Unfortunately it's in other languages.

For example the Christian missionaries on their first voyage to Brazil.

Said.

The inhabitants are so dark..they look like they came from the sea of Styx..

One of the many things

They forgot to cover up the missionary letters...

When the hybrid euro Christian mafia slithered their way over here..

Before the massacre ....
Just because it's in a book or written whatsoever don't mean is true. Anybody can write something for there own beliefs and make it seem like it's true.

Mrfreddygoodbud

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Just because it's in a book or written whatsoever don't mean is true. Anybody can write something for there own beliefs and make it seem like it's true.

You know truth when you hear it...m

Lies don't stand a chance around it.

Like how can Christopher Columbus discover something

When there were people already there...

Gold mining civilizations..

Truth shuts down that lie

You just have to incorporate logic..

Many people can't do that...

Entrepronegro

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
You know truth when you hear it...m

Lies don't stand a chance around it.

Like how can Christopher Columbus discover something

When there were people already there...

Gold mining civilizations..

Truth shuts down that lie

You just have to incorporate logic..

Many people can't do that...
I disagree, anybody can show you or tell you something, that don't make it true.

I don't believe we as humans will ever know the real truths of the past world in existence. All we can go off of is what was written in a book, that's it.

I'm a realist I like to keep it real.

Mrfreddygoodbud

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I disagree, anybody can show you or tell you something, that don't make it true.

I don't believe we as humans will ever know the real truths of the past world in existence. All we can go off of is what was written in a book, that's it.

I'm a realist I like to keep it real.

False

We all know everything we are just not attuned.

With our akashic records..

Through our higher self..

Organized religion mind fucked most into thinking they need

A middle man

Between our lower and higher selves...

It's ok if you don't get it now

I didn't get it at first either.

I don't know everything because like everybody

You never stop learning

The minute you find out something

You realize there are fucking a kabillion more somethings to

Find out about...

XXXplosive

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Nick Cannon Apologizes for Anti-Semitic Comments: "I Feel Ashamed"

Leon Bennett/WireImage
Nick Cannon

The 'Masked Singer' host posted a message to Twitter on Wednesday, and Fox says he'll remain part of the hit series.
Nick Cannon posted an apology message via Twitter on Wednesday after he received criticism for anti-Semitic language used in a recent podcast episode. He was dropped by ViacomCBS earlier this week after the podcast surfaced and received wide visibility.

"First and foremost I extend my deepest and most sincere apologies to my Jewish sisters and brothers for the hurtful and divisive words that came out of my mouth during my interview with Richard Griffin," Cannon wrote. "They reinforced the worst stereotypes of a proud and magnificent people and I feel ashamed of the uninformed and naïve place that these words came from. The video of this interview has since been removed."

Cannon will also remain as host of Fox's hit The Masked Singer, the network said Wednesday night.

"When we were made aware of Nick Cannon’s interview with Richard Griffin on YouTube, we immediately began a dialogue with Nick," Fox said in a statement. "He is clear and remorseful that his words were wrong and lacked both understanding and context, and inadvertently promoted hate. This was important for us to observe. Nick has sincerely apologized, and quickly taken steps to educate himself and make amends. On that basis and given a belief that this moment calls for dialogue, we will move forward with Nick and help him advance this important conversation, broadly. Fox condemns all forms of hate directed toward any community and we will combat bigotry of any kind."

The controversy arose from an episode of the Cannon's Class podcast, which posted June 23 on podcast platforms and to YouTube on June 30. Cannon spoke with Richard Griffin, aka Professor Griff, a former member of rap group Public Enemy. Cannon called Black people "the true Hebrews" and discussed anti-Semitic conspiracy theories with Griffin, who was pushed out of Public Enemy in the late 1980s after making homophobic and anti-Semitic comments in media interviews.

"It’s never hate speech. You can’t be anti-Semitic when we are the Semitic people, when we are the same people who they want to be," said Cannon. "That’s our birthright. We are the true Hebrews."

As the podcast surfaced and received comments on social media, Cannon was dropped by ViacomCBS. The media giant said in a statement that they condemn "bigotry of any kind and we categorically denounce all forms of anti-Semitism."

Cannon later wrote in a lengthy Facebook post, "I must apologize to my Jewish Brothers and Sisters for putting them in such a painful position, which was never my intention, but I know this whole situation has hurt many people and together we will make it right. I have dedicated my daily efforts to continuing conversations to bring the Jewish community and the African American community closer together, embracing our differences and sharing our commonalities."

Cannon also wrote he had reached out to ViacomCBS chair Shari Redstone, although a company spokesperson said that was "absolutely untrue."

Cannon has also demanded full ownership of his long-running Wild 'n Out brand from ViacomCBS, which debuted on MTV in 2005 and scored a three-season, 90-episode renewal in 2019.

Cannon's full apology is below.

First and foremost I extend my deepest and most sincere apologies to my Jewish sisters and brothers for the hurtful and divisive words that came out of my mouth during my interview with Richard Griffin. They reinforced the worst stereotypes of a proud and magnificent people and I feel ashamed of the uninformed and naïve place that these words came from. The video of this interview has since been removed.

While the Jewish experience encompasses more than 5,000 years and there is so much I have yet to learn, I have had at least a minor history lesson over the past few days and to say that it is eye-opening would be a vast understatement. I want to express my gratitude to the Rabbis, community leaders and institutions who reached out to me to help enlighten me, instead of chastising me. I want to assure my Jewish friends, new and old, that this is only the beginning of my education—I am committed to deeper connections, more profound learning and strengthening the bond between our two cultures today and every day going forward.
Damn, the Jewish mafia got to him too. Everyone in Hollywood gotta play ball, I see. So much for being a boss.

jackson35

Rising Star
Registered
As if that ever stopped baby pops from tapping dat ass...

Just ask the baby pops right here in this thread...

If they still smashing baby moms regardless of who she seeing dating or marrying...

I bet at least 3/5th are!
LOL i doubt that, he is a big deal and is rolling with dough. plus mariah doesn't roll like that

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Damn, the Jewish mafia got to him too. Everyone in Hollywood gotta play ball, I see. So much for being a boss.

Crazy thing?

A LOT of Jewish celebrities not just cause they friends of Nicholas...

Are saying firing him was the absolute WORST THING Viacom could do

Why?

Cause now it confirms and perpetuates the "myth" that Hollywood is strongly controlled by the Jewish COMMUNITY.

Again i just want someone to list the top 3 executives at every major studio and network in the country and tell me if they Jewish or not just asking for a friend.

And how is asking that question and respecting the hell out of the answer being hateful?

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

Kaboom

XXXplosive

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Crazy thing?

A LOT of Jewish celebrities not just cause they friends of Nicholas...

Are saying firing him was the absolute WORST THING Viacom could do

Why?

Cause now it confirms and perpetuates the "myth" that Hollywood is strongly controlled by the Jewish COMMUNITY.

Again i just want someone to list the top 3 executives at every major studio and network in the country and tell me if they Jewish or not just asking for a friend.

And how is asking that question and respecting the hell out of the answer being hateful?
They would tell you that Jewish people are just smarter and work harder than everyone else.
They will tell you that Black folks would be in the same position if they just pulled themselves up by the bootstraps and worked harder.
While not acknowledging that they only hire other Jews and sell to other Jews.
Hmmm, where have we heard that from before?