Nick Cannon Dropped by ViacomCBS After Making Anti-Semitic Comments

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

GAMBINO

Rising Star
OG Investor
To be fair how he gonna dowhat he does without the powers that be?

I posted how all these companies are incestuous and own everything even entities that appear to be competitors

And he been with them since he was a teenager.

And nick was not just talent he was writing creating and executive producer

I can't hate on that

Yeah I understand what you're saying bro and I know he's been using their machine to propel his career but at least move in the direction of some kind if self sufficiency. I got a job offer from Amazon Studios for Head of US Movie Production and I'm good. Not because I'm cocky or anything I just want to not rely of the powers that be. There gotta be some kind of freedom.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Yeah I understand what you're saying bro and I know he's been using their machine to propel his career but at least move in the direction of some kind if self sufficiency. I got a job offer from Amazon Studios for Head of US Movie Production and I'm good. Not because I'm cocky or anything I just want to not rely of the powers that be. There gotta be some kind of freedom.

See brother

I WANT you in the POSITION

We NEED YOU IN THAT POSITION.

Cause you gonna be IN those meetings and involved in those decisions and with hiring etc.

We NEED you there

I and i believe WE

do NOT expect you to walk in there dressed all in black with a mask, leather gloves and beret on the first day rapping it takes a nation of millions...

But having a smart accomplished self made proud brother INVOLVED is good

and then you can NETWORK and make connections.

and get a @largebillsonlyplease in there

OK yeah you may get "comfortable" and maybe not be able to change the ENTIRE culture?

But I would rather you THERE doing SOMETHING

then another white guy in that space hiring more white folk and curating THEIR AGENDA basically unchecked.

mcguyver

Rising Star
OG Investor

Nick Cannon Demands Apology From ViacomCBS, Ownership of Wild 'N Out Franchise After Firing
By Ryan Schwartz / July 15 2020, 6:48 AM PDT

Associated Press

RELATED STORIES
  • Wild 'N Out Host Nick Cannon Fired By ViacomCBS for Failing to Apologize for 'Perpetuating Anti-Semitism'
  • The Masked Singer Renewed for Season 4

• Nick Cannon is demanding an apology from ViacomCBS — as well as full ownership of the “billion-dollar” Wild ‘N Out brand — after being fired by the conglomerate for, as they put it, promoting “hateful speech” and “anti-Semitic conspiracy theories” on his podcast.
    Cannon, who also hosts Fox’s Masked Singer, was let go by ViacomCBS on Tuesday, just days after an episode of the Cannon’s Class podcast went viral for alluding to several prominent anti-Semitic conspiracy theories. Explaining the decision, a rep for ViacomCBS said in part, “We have spoken to Nick Cannon about an episode of his podcast… which promoted hateful speech and spread anti-Semitic conspiracy theories. While we support ongoing education and dialogue in the fight against bigotry, we are deeply troubled that Nick has failed to acknowledge or apologize for perpetuating anti-Semitism, and we are terminating our relationship with him.”

Now, in a 1500-word Facebook statement titled “Truth and Reconciliation,” Cannon alleges that he did in fact try to apologize, and “went as far to reach out to [Viacom owner] Shari Redstone to have a conversation of reconciliation,” only to be met with “Dead Silence!” “That’s when I realized they don’t want a conversation or growth, they wanted to put the young negro in his place,” he says. “They wanted to show me who is boss, hang me out to dry and make an example of anyone who says something they don’t agree with.” (A ViacomCBS spokesperson told our sister site Variety, “It is absolutely untrue that Nick Cannon reached out to [Redstone].”)
    Cannon’s Facebook posting also recounts his decades-long partnership with Viacom, which began at Nickelodeon as a writer and cast member on All That and eventually led to the 2005 creation of the long-running hip-hop improv show Wild ‘N Out, “an idea which I self-financed out my own pocket and presented to MTV.” After creating a “billion-dollar brand that expanded across a multitiered empire,” Cannon claims that “my ownership of [Wild ‘N Out] was swindled away from me.”
    Cannon eventually calls for an apology and “full ownership” of the Wild ‘N Out franchise.
    “I demand full ownership of my billion dollar Wild ‘N Out brand that I created, and they will continue to misuse and destroy without my leadership!” he says. “I demand that the hate and back door bullying cease and while we are at it, now that the truth is out, I demand the Apology!”
    Read his full statement below:

Nick fucked up, not for what he said but by letting them take ownership of Wild 'N Out. I knew this about a year ago when a comedian said that Nick doesn't want him back on the show, but Nick was saying it wasn't him. At that time I was thinking, how the fuck don't he have full control of that show?

GAMBINO

Rising Star
OG Investor
See brother

I WANT you in the POSITION

We NEED YOU IN THAT POSITION.

Cause you gonna be IN those meetings and involved in those decisions and with hiring etc.

We NEED you there

I and i believe WE

do NOT expect you to walk in there dressed all in black with a mask, leather gloves and beret on the first day rapping it takes a nation of millions...

But having a smart accomplished self made proud brother INVOLVED is good

and then you can NETWORK and make connections.

and get a @largebillsonlyplease in there

OK yeah you may get "comfortable" and maybe not be able to change the ENTIRE culture?

But I would rather you THERE doing SOMETHING

then another white guy in that space hiring more white folk and curating THEIR AGENDA basically unchecked.

True! And the thing is when you show that you not down with their program they dispose of you quickly opposed to someone else who will only get a slap on the wrist. Messed up system.

slewdem100

Rising Star
OG Investor
Look I completely understand ESPECIALLY NOW?

When black folk and their issues "appear" to having influence?

EVERYONE wants in.

Its always been like that

and with that

EVERYONE wants to have the same treatment.

That's ALWAYS been our burden.

But THIS SPECIFIC situation irks me because again Nick BEEN SAYING this.

This isn't NEW and I wouldn't compare it with Rosanne...

He never EVER been accused of HATE speech or lying or talking crazy.

I feel like he could actually find legitimate academic proven evidence that what he said wasn't OUTLANDISH.

however talking that talking with Prof. Griff?

I kinda feel like Nick was pushing the envelope WAY TOO MUCH
The fact that he tried to apologize tells me he forgot his role....everybody has a role in the struggle (number one rule, if you can't help, don't hurt)...you either a revolutionary or a dude making money in the system who helps out revolutionaries....Nick supposed to be giving money on the low to the dude who says what Nick said...Nick aint supposed to be saying it for public consumption if he still wants to be making money with those folks...if Nick gonna say those things he has to know that he is joining the fuck the system crew...thats cool but that crew doesn't get money from the system.

He is gonna be aright regardless but it would have been nice to continue to have a dude like him plugged into the system with his mindset

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
True! And the thing is when you show that you not down with their program they dispose of you quickly opposed to someone else who will only get a slap on the wrist. Messed up system.

I understand.

but man like YOU?

Just 2 years in that building?

You gonna be like the spook who sat by the door up in there.

Flawless

Flawless One
BGOL Investor
Nick fucked up, not for what he said but by letting them take ownership of Wild 'N Out. I knew this about a year ago when a comedian said that Nick doesn't want him back on the show, but Nick was saying it wasn't him. At that time I was thinking, how the fuck don't he have full control of that show?

Who on tv has full control of their show?

BKF

Rising Star
Registered
Simon Cowell "America's got talent"
It seems he just exercised the buyout option in his contract but before recent he didn't have full control either. Nick Canon may have the same buyout/buy back option in his contract. We'll see...

Flawless

Flawless One
BGOL Investor
American Idol is a different show, what are you talking about?
You're the one who used Cowel as a example, the point is it doesnt matter who owns the program, the network makes the shots and if they want you out there is nothing you can do about it.

Flawless

Flawless One
BGOL Investor
I stand corrected. Yeah that is enough to get you fired.

Its a wrap Nick, fucking around with Grif :smh:
Yes that was a fucked up comment but he didn't get fired for that. He got fired for making antisemitic comments.

It seems it is also antisemitic to say Jews control Hollywood, even if its true.

mcguyver

Rising Star
OG Investor
You're the one who used Cowel as a example, the point is it doesnt matter who owns the program, the network makes the shots and if they want you out there is nothing you can do about it.

You asked who owns full rights, I gave you a name and the show, then you mentioned a different show and said he was kicked off. Again...... WTF you talking about?

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
sidebar..

So Terry Crews can spout out all his nonsensical offensive bullsh*t and KEEP his JOB?!?!??!!?

Flawless

Flawless One
BGOL Investor
You asked who owns full rights, I gave you a name and the show, then you mentioned a different show and said he was kicked off. Again...... WTF you talking about?

It seems thinking is not your strong suit so there is no point in continuing this convo.

mcguyver

Rising Star
OG Investor
It seems thinking is not your strong suit so there is no point in continuing this convo.

God, you are such a fucking idiot. You thought you made a mind boggling post and when I showed you that it was just as dumb as any of your other posts you came up with a retarded response and that shit didn't work. Go back to fantasizing about raping women.

Flawless

Flawless One
BGOL Investor
God, you are such a fucking idiot. You thought you made a mind boggling post and when I showed you that it was just as dumb as any of your other posts you came up with a retarded response and that shit didn't work. Go back to fantasizing about raping women.
ok

lightbright

Master Pussy Poster
BGOL Investor
oh well

TotalLimitedAbyssiniangroundhornbill-small.gif

"Nobody knoooows.... the
troubles I've seeeeen!!!"

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Whelp don;t even TRY to support Nick apparently...

Twitter Explodes After Dwyane Wade Shows Support for Nick Cannon After His Anti-Semitic Comments

Retired Miami Heat legend Dwyane Wadecourted controversy on Wednesday afternoon after he tweeted out support of Nick Cannon after Cannon was captured making anti-Semitic remarks on a podcast.

Cannon apparently made the remarks last year during a podcast discussion with a member of the former rap group Public Enemy: Richard “Professor Griff” Griffin. However, the broadcast only recently aired and caused the subsequent firestorm of criticism.

Home / Media / Twitter Explodes After Dwyane Wade Shows Support for Nick Cannon After His Anti-Semitic Comments
Twitter Explodes After Dwyane Wade Shows Support for Nick Cannon After His Anti-Semitic Comments
Retired Miami Heat legend Dwyane Wadecourted controversy on Wednesday afternoon after he tweeted out support of Nick Cannon after Cannon was captured making anti-Semitic remarks on a podcast.

Cannon apparently made the remarks last year during a podcast discussion with a member of the former rap group Public Enemy: Richard “Professor Griff” Griffin. However, the broadcast only recently aired and caused the subsequent firestorm of criticism.

In the wake of Cannon’s remarks, ViacomCBS fired him as the producer for VH1’s comedy improvisation program “Wild ‘n Out,” citing the comments as the basis for the company’s move.

Wade’s support of Cannon could potentially prove to be problematic for the future Hall of Famer, considering the heavy Jewish population that resides in South Florida.

The loyalty of Wade toward Cannon is likely based on Cannon’s previous support of Wade’s wife, Gabrielle Union, after she was dismissed last year as a judge on the NBC program “America’s Got Talent.”

Union’s firing was followed by news reports alleging controversy behind the scenes of the show, with Wade quickly offering support for his wife. Just last month, Wade claimed that he and Union were being followed in the wake of her dismissal.
As of Wednesday afternoon, Cannon remains the host of the Fox entertainment program “The Masked Singer,” with no indication of what the network plans on doing.