4 am and I’m up massaging my thigh

papi68

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I’ve been laid up for about a month now. Started with sciatica pain. Totally my fault.

Lots of projects to do at round the house. My wife knows a bunch of handymen from Jamaica that work for reasonable rates so we hire them.

Anyway some young whippersnappers are working. Even though I’m 50, I’ve got that old man strength. And I also want these dudes to work faster. I turn our work into Olympic Games.

One of the contests was to throw wood.Some pieces were like ten feet long. Throwing them at least 30 feet. Another contest was how many times could you curl cinder blocks in a minute.

I was cool for a few days after. Then the pain started in my back. I’ve had intermittent back pain for years. Not as bad as the past. I’m not tripping.

I’m in the jacuzzi sometimes. Hitting the steam room and sauna because coronavirus was heating up. After about two weeks I’m about healed. I start doing back stretches and bends while lying on the bed.

Next morning, my leg hurts. Again I’m not tripping. Long story much shorter now. What started as a sciatic nerve impingement became an L3 impingement. This caused spasms in 4 parts of my right thigh.

I’m on Percocet, they upped my daily dosage of Valium from 10 To 40 mg, another muscle relaxer and 800 mg ibuprofen.

At some points I wondered if I would walk again. So much pain. Couldn’t crawl couldn’t walk. I was pissing in zip lock bags. My wife wanted me to shit in a bedpan. I don’t like shutting around people.

days ago, I used my arms to drag my body to the toilet. Then I started crawling days later. I started slowly walking 2 days ago. I haven’t tried stairs though.

I eat less because going to the bathroom is such a hassle. I wish I was working on my cases. Or going outside. Anything other than being trapped on my mat.

Anyway, I certainly view life differently now. Will certainly take a lot less things for granted. I prayed a lot. I don’t like the drugs but they are a necessary evil.

That’s why I’m up at 4 am massaging my right thigh.

papi68

Rising Star
Platinum Member
My wife has been incredible. She’s better to me than I’ve been to myself.

oh yeah, these drugs kinda kill erections as they stop my nerves from talking to my tendons and muscles.

My family wanted to fly up to support but there’s nothing they can do. I’ve been naked for like two weeks straight also. Sooo

papi68

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I’m grinding on a hitachi magic wand like a psycho. But I’m doing that to massage the light spasms that are still occurring. I would like this to be over as soon as possible.

If BGOL wouldn’t mind saying a prayer for your boy, I would appreciate it.

Amen

papi68

Rising Star
Platinum Member
When this coronavirus hit I bought all kinds of shit. I used credit instead of cash though. You always want to be liquid in a crunch.

I spent $10g easy. I even bought my son a basketball hoop. A very nice one. He wanted portable goal. Such a good kid but shortsighted. He got straight As. He won’t get into an Ivy League school though. He probably has a 3.7 or 3.8 gpa.

we have a friend with an incredible daughter. She got into Columbia, Penn, and Cornell. She speaks mandarin and sings opera and still couldn’t crack the higher Ivy League schools.

papi68

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I don’t know what the world is coming to. Thankfully, I’ve always wanted to know what it’s like to live in another country. Even if it’s for half the year. Hustle hard, make dough, guard you and yours zealously. Make wise decisions.

At the end of the day, we determine if our days on Earth are heaven or hell. Figure this shit out.

papi68

Rising Star
Platinum Member
In other words, you should know what you want out of life. Out of situations. How can you win? How can you get what you want if you don’t know?

Ince you figure that out, any moment spent not trying to realize your dreams is a waste of time.

850credit

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Get well soon bro. These are the rantings of a madman.

J/k. Sounds like either the drugs they got you on or you just have time to get inside your own head. It's necessary to slow down or stop life's daily grind and just...be.

My therapist said take 5 minutes a day to sit still and do absolutely nothing but concentrate on breathing. No thoughts other than that. Deep breaths every time. You will be surprised how long that 5 minutes is and how strange it feels to go that long without checking your phone.

papi68

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Prayers up bro.
Its good your getting your thought out of your head and not letting them hold you prisoner.
Do you have a diary? I just started seeing a mental health counselor, she advised i get one
Great advice but I hold a lot of secrets as an attorney. More importantly, I hold a lot of personal secrets. I hate evidence.

We have a different motto, don’t write anything down that you don’t want read back to you in court.

I sincerely appreciate your advice. Maybe, I’ll create a diary just for this period of my life.

I tend to do that with pictures and videos. Which of course can be more secrets.

papi68

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Get well soon bro. These are the rantings of a madman.

J/k. Sounds like either the drugs they got you on or you just have time to get inside your own head. It's necessary to slow down or stop life's daily grind and just...be.

My therapist said take 5 minutes a day to sit still and do absolutely nothing but concentrate on breathing. No thoughts other than that. Deep breaths every time. You will be surprised how long that 5 minutes is and how strange it feels to go that long without checking your phone.
Good advice. I’m gonna try this. I hope I don’t fall asleep. Isn’t it impossible not to think?

850credit

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Good advice. I’m gonna try this. I hope I don’t fall asleep. Isn’t it impossible not to think?

No, it's not impossible but it's a very foriegn concept to us as Westerners. As you alluded to earlier we spend our lives around acquiring money or items. Meditation is all about letting go of worldly thoughts and allowing yourself to be a drop of water in the river of life, so to speak.

Mrfreddygoodbud

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Hey I hear that..

Im surprised you never had a sauna set up in your crib..

bruh nothing like doing the sauna, then hoppin in the jaccuzzi...

its gym, pool, sauna, jaccuzzi..

papi68

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Hey I hear that..

Im surprised you never had a sauna set up in your crib..

bruh nothing like doing the sauna, then hoppin in the jaccuzzi...

its gym, pool, sauna, jaccuzzi..
4-5 interior 2 person jacuzzis. The master bath has the kind of jacuzzi with little bubbles that come from the bottom Rather than jets. One six seater jacuzzi outside. 2 showers are also steam rooms. Like 140 degree sealed steam rooms Have a sauna with the lava rocks also.

Mixd

Duppy Maker
BGOL Investor
OK... Get you some loose leaf Gynostemma Tea. Not in tea bags. Get the loose leaf and use a tea infuser.

Works on chronic pain like yours. No side effects, just pain will be gone. Drink it daily.

Mrfreddygoodbud

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
4-5 interior 2 person jacuzzis. The master bath has the kind of jacuzzi with little bubbles that come from the bottom Rather than jets. One six seater jacuzzi outside. 2 showers are also steam rooms. Like 140 degree sealed steam rooms Have a sauna with the lava rocks also.

you have a sauna with the lava rocks.. dope..

Im sayin tho, that has to be the sequence of events when you live in a small city like you do.. lol..

you gotta workout first... hit the pool, then the sauna, then the jacuzzi..

bruh you feel brand fuckin new.. especially when you sweat out all them toxins...

how you feelin tho?? got any feeling back in your legs...??

you should just be eating foods that detoxify you, why you are tryin toget better,

fruits all day, melons, oranges, grapefruit...

bruh I been on this papaya binge for three days... cleaning a knigga out lovely..

and drinking tons of water..

you dont puff the holy herb huh?

Im not kidding...I was up all night, and was about to crash but I wasnt feeling tired..

so I took a blunt walk and notice a sharp pain in my foot...

I had a strain called purple train wreck, and after two puffs,

I kid you not, its like the pain fuckin vanished..

later on I found out, I put on ten pounds...

bruh youd be surprised how much putting on extra weight can

send your body on a downward spiral quick, fast in a rush...

Im about to really get back into the swing of things when I start making my green juice everyday for the first week,

than three times a week...

I been slackin hard....2020 aint the year to be slackin hard

bruh..

when was the last time you had some fruit first thing in the morning and last thing before you go to bed??

Im not saying giving up your diet, I just find as a "black" man I find eating a diet of mostly fruit..

will improve your whole fuckin existence..

one with mostly meat and starch is a fast track to all types od medical bullshit..

just my truth tho...

Mrfreddygoodbud

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
OK... Get you some loose leaf Gynostemma Tea. Not in tea bags. Get the loose leaf and use a tea infuser.

Works on chronic pain like yours. No side effects, just pain will be gone. Drink it daily.

Yea I have some aged green and gynostemma tea...

I have to get an infuser...

black again

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Hope you're doing better, bruh...

Like a few others, I was :lol: ...that was them meds typing..

Once a man hits 50, your body let's you know when you fucked up...lil aches and pains come outta nowhere and can become big pains.

I had a gout flare-up 2 weeks ago. I manage it pretty well without medication, but when a full blown flare-up hits...:smh:

RoadRage

the voice of reason
BGOL Investor
Nerve damage is some shit, hope it gets better.
My only advice is, try getting off the opioids and look into marijuana or better yet kratom for an alternative pain killer. I would advise you to activate the weed (de-carb) and eat it rather than smoke it, but kratom should actually work better for you. Hit me back if you want more information.

Famous1

Rising Star
Platinum Member

Once a man hits 50, your body let's you know when you fucked up...lil aches and pains come outta nowhere and can become big pains.

I had a gout flare-up 2 weeks ago. I manage it pretty well without medication, but when a full blown flare-up hits...:smh:
Tart cherry juice bruh...

Quek9

K9
BGOL Investor
Have you ever looked into them ice baths that professional athletes use for soothing and pain recovery? If professionals use them it's probably something to look into... Buy them big baths and pour ice in it
My power to you fam. I did it religiously when I was playing. I am too old for that shit now even though I know it works, lol. My job is to make sure my sons do it.

Quek9

K9
BGOL Investor

For real fam. I keep my self in decent shape but my joints be hurting for no reason sometimes.