How has the Coronavirus impacted you directly, to this point?

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
Tattoo artist. Clients still calling. Limiting the amount of people I see a day. I have a private studio instead of a storefront so I’m off the radar. Downside my grandmother is in a nursing home and they said no visit until further notice

Your place is the most sanitized place in america
I know an artist who's giving me the medical grade disinfected sprays for my own house
not even for the virus, im a germaphobe

BigDaddyBuk

still not dizzy.
Platinum Member
Shits getting shut down for good reason. The Government isn’t being honest about the numbers with the public. I work at a government facility where people are being Isolated the numbers being reported are bullshit at least for Florida. I see a dude who is 35 with that shit looking awful he isn’t going too die but I wouldn’t wish that shit on nobody
This is not the new plague. 60 million people got h1n1. We should go by those numbers. We should expect millions of infections and millions of recoveries.

Covid 19 is not an automatic death sentence. With proper medical attention we will continue to see >85% survival rate.

This total shut down is a result of fear out of control.

THREAD_CRITIC

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
This is not the new plague. 60 million people got h1n1. We should go by those numbers. We should expect millions of infections and millions of recoveries.

Covid 19 is not an automatic death sentence. With proper medical attention we will continue to see >85% survival rate.

Swine flu and covid19 are two different beast. There Were antivirals to facilitate recovery there are no antivirals with covid19, with h1n1 worst case Scenarios had 50k dying 12K died. We don’t know shit about covid19 no Real strategies no effective treatments...nothing....worst case Scenario 1 million deaths.... you can’t downplay that shit just look at South Korea taking major steps and Italy not doing shit early having 300 deaths a day.

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
I honestly feel the total shutdown/panic we are seeing here stateside is due to who is our current Commander in Chief.

If Obama was still in office, the response by the Government AND US citizens would be dramatically different.

Since we all know an idiot is in power, people are "realizing" we're fucked.

We may not be as bad, but I feel the incompetence of this administration, the sensationalism of the media and peoples own ignorance is causing the panic we are seeing.

Megatron X

A Prophet of Doom
BGOL Investor
I’m still getting paper. Noting like working for yourself. I go out just keep your immune system up.

now if you are use to working for somebody else and don’t know how to get money on your own you might be in trouble. Even if you work for somebody else always have Some kind of self sufficient ability.

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member
Moms shutting down her home daycare tomorrow.
Only two kids been attending, we figure the parents ain’t taking any chance.

The state issued a closure for state operatio daycares, home daycares could stay open at own risk.

I went over yesterday, had to check my temperature before stepping inside.

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
I honestly feel the total shutdown/panic we are seeing here stateside is due to who is our current Commander in Chief.

If Obama was still in office, the response by the Government AND US citizens would be dramatically different.

Since we all know an idiot is in power, people are "realizing" we're fucked.

We may not be as bad, but I feel the incompetence of this administration, the sensationalism of the media and peoples own ignorance is causing the panic we are seeing.

The shut-down is 100% because the leadership did nothing.
It's really that simple
So comparing plagues doesn't make sense.
If Obama was president he'd been taking precautions in December.
Making changes as far as screenings to get into the country in January
There would have been cdc INCREASED BUDGET NOT CUT
There would have been instructions to governor's on how to fight it
He wouldn't have flown planes and planes full of COVID infected people BACK to America against CDC warning
He wouldn't have MADE PEOPLE take docked cruises after the fact
There wouldn't be a need to FORCE PEOPLE to social distance cause a plan would have been in place.
All of these things would have been taken care of to make sure our daily lives weren't interrupted.
We'd have ACCEPTED the masks and treatments China offered us in January
We would have been monitoring it from the jump
We would have done the complete opposite of what he's doing.

We're going to be OK
It's just that the time came for someone with sense to lead us out of some shit
and he COULDN'T
AND SINCE HE COULDN'T HE MADE THINGS SO MUCH WORSE.

I still feel sorry for people who don't live in states with proactive governor's
ones that subscribe to trump who aren't working to make sure that you do all the stuff NOW so you don't pay for it later.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
The shut-down is 100% because the leadership did nothing.
It's really that simple
So comparing plagues doesn't make sense.
If Obama was president he'd been taking precautions in December.
Making changes as far as screenings to get into the country in January
There would have been cdc INCREASED BUDGET NOT CUT
There would have been instructions to governor's on how to fight it
He wouldn't have flown planes and planes full of COVID infected people BACK to America against CDC warning
He wouldn't have MADE PEOPLE take docked cruises after the fact
There wouldn't be a need to FORCE PEOPLE to social distance cause a plan would have been in place.
All of these things would have been taken care of to make sure our daily lives weren't interrupted.
We'd have ACCEPTED the masks and treatments China offered us in January
We would have been monitoring it from the jump
We would have done the complete opposite of what he's doing.

We're going to be OK
It's just that the time came for someone with sense to lead us out of some shit
and he COULDN'T
AND SINCE HE COULDN'T HE MADE THINGS SO MUCH WORSE.

I still feel sorry for people who don't live in states with proactive governor's
ones that subscribe to trump who aren't working to make sure that you do all the stuff NOW so you don't pay for it later.

These sports stations staying on agenda

Saying its not the time to blame trump or point fingers.

TooTrilla

Mil Town Legend
BGOL Investor
The H1n1 pandemic lasted a year. About 12500 people died in the us.

Were we quarantined with the global shut down of all business?

This is some ol bullshit.
I'm still trying to figure out what makes this one different? Is it the rate of spread? Cause the actual death rate numbers aren't that crazy compared to all the other stuff people die from every day.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
lol @ listening to sports stations where there are no sports
Le Batard and Bomani are the only ones who are unaffected by this shit
and that's why they're the best.

I know! All my presets and bookmarks are sports cuz.

And you right, bomani had a great podcast recently.

Sidebar... am i conspiracy theorist? I think the nfl moving on with free agency was a deliberate attempt to distract.

phanatic

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I'm still trying to figure out what makes this one different? Is it the rate of spread? Cause the actual death rate numbers aren't that crazy compared to all the other stuff people die from every day.

Are we comparing a year's worth of H1N1 to two months of Coronavirus? This is what I keep hearing, and the argument is fucking dumb.

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
I know! All my presets and bookmarks are sports cuz.

And you right, bomani had a great podcast recently.

Sidebar... am i conspiracy theorist? I think the nfl moving on with free agency was a deliberate attempt to distract.

Nothing to distract
you don't need to postpone free agency lol
they'd do it exactly how they did it now they're not playing or meeting up just agreeing to contracts

BigDaddyBuk

still not dizzy.
Platinum Member
Swine flu and covid19 are two different beast. There Were antivirals to facilitate recovery there are no antivirals with covid19, with h1n1 worst case Scenarios had 50k dying 12K died. We don’t know shit about covid19 no Real strategies no effective treatments...nothing....worst case Scenario 1 million deaths.... you can’t downplay that shit just look at South Korea taking major steps and Italy not doing shit early having 300 deaths a day.
Bruh there were not any h1n1 specific antivirals at the ready when it struck.

It was hit and miss at first.

This is SARS 2. Can we go by that?

DiGeneral

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Disney shut down ALL CONSTRUCTION projects, off until further notice.
Stacked about 5 weeks of PTO + the 40 hrs. of time the company is giving employees.
@ home with 6 females for the foreseeable future. :smh:
Gym and other shit on lock for who knows.. :dunno:

TooTrilla

Mil Town Legend
BGOL Investor
Are we comparing a year's worth of H1N1 to two months of Coronavirus? This is what I keep hearing, and the argument is fucking dumb.
Yet people are predicting a year of coronavirus spread with 3 months of that data. :dunno:
Its almost like we want to see the worst case scenario happen. Ebola and Swine flu let us down....didnt get that movie like pandemic that we hoped for.

Last edited:

THREAD_CRITIC

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Bruh there were not any h1n1 specific antivirals at the ready when it struck.

It was hit and miss at first.

This is SARS 2. Can we go by that?

bruh oseltamivir and zanamivir weren’t around for H1n1? Are you just trying to debate to debate? 50000000 are expected to get covid19 0.9% death rate is 450k people ..... bruh stop taking this shit lightly

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Nothing to distract
you don't need to postpone free agency lol
they'd do it exactly how they did it now they're not playing or meeting up just agreeing to contracts

I can't lie at FIRST?

i was like this don't feel right cutting players signing million dollar contracts

RIGHT NOW

When people really hurting

But after awhile i was like fck it.

People BEEN hurting before this virus hit too.

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
I can't lie at FIRST?

i was like this don't feel right cutting players signing million dollar contracts

RIGHT NOW

When people really hurting

But after awhile i was like fck it.

People BEEN hurting before this virus hit too.

All these niggas talking about the people need to get better jobs and shit
and now fast food places and such are the only ones gainfully employed
how bout dat

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
All these niggas talking about the people need to get better jobs and shit
and now fast food places and such are the only ones gainfully employed
how bout dat

^^

KA BOOM

I am legit SHOCKED how fast that sh*t came up

less then a MONTH after Kobe died and all these promises about forgiveness and helping your fellow man etc etc

they went after Kobe wife and then parents

and now blaming people for not having enough money to HOARD

when those SAME people just had their food stamps cut and could barely EAT every damn DAY.

acting like a LARGE segment of this country aint working poor.

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
^^

KA BOOM

I am legit SHOCKED how fast that sh*t came up

less then a MONTH after Kobe died and all these promises about forgiveness and helping your fellow man etc etc

they went after Kobe wife and then parents

and now blaming people for not having enough money to HOARD

when those SAME people just had their food stamps cut and could barely EAT every damn DAY.

acting like a LARGE segment of this country aint working poor.

Food gone be there
they just selfish assholes

Mt. Yukon

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The Mrs. Just got 20% of her salary cut. Canceling 401k match and some other shit. All I heard was 20% pay cut. :smh: My gig is still going. Still going into work too. Not gonna lie, that 20% is going to sting. We were going to try to have a kid this year. But were gonna put that shit on hold for obvious reasons. We had a vacation planned and the plane tickets were already bought. May have to axe that. We should be ok with just that cut, but if my job does the same then shits gonna hurt. Condolences to the fam that got laid off. I think allot of companies are gonna use this to slash overhead, even if they're doing ok.

zod16

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Exactly. I don't think people understand how many people die of the regular flu even though we have a vaccine for the most vulnerable and actual treatments. :smh: This shit is 10x more lethal, apparently not seasonal and there is no vaccine or treatment for it...