Kobe Bryant and others Dead in Helicopter crash

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

Sadly, This was NOT mentioned enough initially

Happy to see now it appears this sports dudes have been given the proper instruction.

Also the other victims and families effected by this horrible tragedy are being publicly recognized now.

Last edited:

sinsay

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
This sucks.

I didn't like Kobe much when he was playing personally, but he was one of those rare players that made you respect the hell out of his game due to the work he put in and the results that came off of his work and talent. Just an amazing player, one of the top 10 of all time IMHO.

After he retired, and you started to see him open up more and more on a personal level through his other projects and interviews that weren't about him playing ball exclusively, my personal opinion changed and I really started to respect and like the man. It sucks that we won't get a chance to continue to watch his journey after ball.

RIP to the Kobe and Gigi. Definitely praying for his wife and kids and family...to suddenly lose your life partner/dad/daughter/sister at the same moment is awful and then having to grieve publicly when something like this happens...just awful.

BrownTurd

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Have any lakers players or coaches expressed their feelings?
I didn’t see any, might’ve missed it.

If they didn’t, im sure they probably was asked to stay off the net for a while
They all were on a plane and found out the news while in the air. They got to the airport and all went home

COINTELPRO

Transnational Member
Registered
Yall need to stop with this bullshit. Kobe's been known to take choppers to and from his home games for years. He's the only player to consistently do it. There isn't a big leap required to say "Kobe gonna die in a chopper crash".... it's something that people in LA have 'joked' about for years.

The level of cynicism you guys display all the fucking time is absurd.

If they want to do something about Kobe they need to get rid of Lebron, repudiate him by not playing which will set up him being released and eventual plane crash. Lebron was repudiating Magic Johnson and Kobe nonverbally. I've been watching and dealing with this snake nigga for years.

It would be the same as me not playing for a pedophile coach causing the team to lose games but not saying anything verbally to him.

As you can see from my threads, he has been knee-deep in all kinds of white supremacists schemes and plots. He needs to be put on a watchlist by the black community.

Magic pressured to leave, team record is 36-10 as of today. There is all kinds of shit going on behind the scenes.

Last edited:

BrownTurd

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Getting all emotional and putting people on ignore for a celebrity that you never met or spoke to in life is crazy. Think about this for a second. If you died or a family member died Kobe would have went on about his day as normal.

I am to sad that Kobe died and I wish it was all a dream but my Brothas, Get a damn back bone.

For the brothas with the conspiracies just create another thread so those who want to talk, discuss or possibly educated can while having respect for others who don’t want to talk about it

Last edited:

DC_Dude

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Just wish they would stop showing the actual helicopter crash. Just stop showing it man......

JustChillin

Electric Relaxation
BGOL Investor
Getting all emotional and putting people on ignore for a celebrity that you never met or spoke to in life is crazy. Think about this for a second. If you died or a family member died Kobe would have went on about his day as normal.

I am to sad that Kobe died and I wish it was all a dream but my Brothas, Get a damn back bone.

For the brothas with the conspiracies just create another thread so those who want to talk, discuss or possibly educated can while have respect for others

Well naturally he would’ve went on about his day normally. He didn’t grow up with us. But he’s been in my life for the past 20 years as a dominant force in the game i love or in some lyrics in the music i love. He was an African American Global icon that represented us in a respectful and profound way.

And i wasn’t even a huge fan when he was playing.

People mourn differently man. Can’t expect everyone to just keep it moving when someone who has been in the background of their life suddenly is gone.

BrownTurd

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Well naturally he would’ve went on about his day normally. He didn’t grow up with us. But he’s been in my life for the past 20 years as a dominant force in the game i love or in some lyrics in the music i love. He was an African American Global icon that represented us in a respectful and profound way.

And i wasn’t even a huge fan when he was playing.

People mourn differently man. Can’t expect everyone to just keep it moving when someone who has been in the background of their life suddenly is gone.
I saw the other Brothas comments but I just scrolled pass them as I was not in the mood to look at conspiracies. But I also understand that many people simple can’t become overly emotional about someone they never met. Being sad and mourning are two different things.

I was just speaking on the fact that many people just don’t idolize other people they never met. We have pages of people on BGOL fighting for no reason.

Last edited:

JustChillin

Electric Relaxation
BGOL Investor
I saw the other Brothas comments but I just scrolled pass them as I was not in the mood to look at conspiracies. But I also understand that many people simple can’t become overly emotional about someone I never met. Being sad and mourning are two different things.

I was just speaking on the fact that many people just don’t idolize other people they never met. We have pages of people on BGOL fighting for no reason.

Just a lot of mixed emotions man. If someone had an impact or was an inspiration to you on some level, then I completely understand being emotional about their passing to the next phase.

This is just the most shocking death to me, more so than MJ, Prince, Prodigy, Phife Dawg etc....because we were just talking bout Bron passing him, the debates came up again about whose better, where does Kobe rank all time (#6 for me personally), and he just did an interview bigging up the WNBA.

Add to it that his daughter was there and as a father myself, knowing that in his final moments his daughter will also be losing her life, it’s rough man.

Spectrum

Elite Poster
BGOL Investor
They call it Get-There-Itis and actually a term recognized at the American Pilots Association

Yeah. I learned about that yesterday reading pilot opinions on this. All of them say, it's the most dangerous shit because they all have minimal travel requirements and get-there-itis can make them ignore those preset requirements and that's when shit like this happens./

Spectrum

Elite Poster
BGOL Investor
Holy shit, dude. I just pulled the weather observations for LA County during Kobe's flight time. This was a major pilot error. Visibility was only a quarter-mile!

Capture.PNG

That's nuts because from all I've read, you start to really think when it's at 3 miles.... anything below 2 and you're trying to get out of the sky.... but a quarter-mile??!!

Deezz

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

For the brothas with the conspiracies just create another thread so those who want to talk, discuss or possibly educated can while having respect for others who don’t want to talk about it
This makes ZERO sense.

4 Dimensional

Rising Star
Platinum Member
That's nuts because from all I've read, you start to really think when it's at 3 miles.... anything below 2 and you're trying to get out of the sky.... but a quarter-mile??!!

Yeah, you can see nothing coming at a quarter-mile. And to think they was traveling at 180 mph too. I seen a couple of photos taken of the crash site and you can see the mountains are clearly obstructed from the fog. So all the account makes sense. Flying low to avoid the fog, flying fast, and miscalculated height of the mountain. This was an avoidable tragedy.

poster_7e88ffd1d91849b59b2bcdc5e7a7ad7d.jpg

gettyimages-1196584961.jpg

Africanama

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Of course there’s someone out there wanting to blame Kobe for the crash.

CALABASAS, Calif. — Kobe Bryant often took a helicopter to practices and games both to minimize traffic time and maximize his energy. But with the Los Angeles Lakers legend and his 13-year-old daughter, Gianna, among the nine people that were killed in a helicopter crash on Sunday morning, should that have been the correct mode of transportation?

Spectrum

Elite Poster
BGOL Investor
Yeah, you can see nothing coming at a quarter-mile. And to think they was traveling at 180 mph too. I seen a couple of photos taken of the crash site and you can see the mountains are clearly obstructed from the fog. So all the account makes sense. Flying low to avoid the fog, flying fast, and miscalculated height of the mountain. This was an avoidable tragedy.

poster_7e88ffd1d91849b59b2bcdc5e7a7ad7d.jpg

gettyimages-1196584961.jpg

Yep. I know that area very well... what threw me off was the speed.... if there a malfunction that would make sense (like on a dive) but it's hard for me to understand with that level of visibility him flying the chopper that fast.

joneblaze

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

I was very sad to hear about the passing of Kobe Bryant and his daughter Gianna

It is and always will be hard to accept young people passing away. Kobe was 41 and Gianna was 13.When you see a person happily entering the second phase of their life,dedicating themselves to family and setting up new goals for themselves and others and it's suddenly taken away...it's just beyond tragic and sad. RIP Kobe & Gianna..Also to the 7 other passengers on the helicopter including John Altobelli, a longtime baseball coach at Orange Coast College, a junior college in Costa Mesa. Calif., as well as Altobelli’s wife, Keri, and daughter Alyssa and Christina Mauser, an assistant girls basketball coach at a private elementary school in Orange County and pilot Ara Zobayan RIP