Last post of the day
This concludes your BGOL Broadcasting day

EPQlsckXkAA_HcC
EPQlsciWAAEkPTV

55th View

Rising Star
Registered
Damn, they were moving too.

At the time of the crash, they were going 161 knots, which is the equivalent of 185/mph.

You do that into a mountain and it's certainly death on impact for everyone on board.

"The helicopter suddenly climbed from 1,200 feet to 2,000. Minutes later, flying at 161 knots, the chopper crashed into a mountain near Calabasas. They were flying at about 1,700 feet at the time.

CurtDawg

Rising Star
Platinum Member
perhaps...but el monte is way to the east (the blue mark on the map). judging from the yellow flight path, they flew straight northwest from his home in oc right over downtown la (probably wanted to see the skyline/staples center from the chopper) on the way to thousand oaks/simi valley. they could have landed in van nuys or something rather than pushing on, but from that photo posted earlier, there was a gym full of kids waiting to see kobe so there was some time pressure there. i'm not a pilot and definitely not inclined to fly in helicopters (did before, great experience, still scary), so not even remotely qualified to speak on what might have been going through the pilot's mind this morning. everything went wrong. tragic for all involved

This probably won't get talked about much in the news
But I assume they didn't want to turn around, & disappoint the kids waiting for him?
But cot damn, what a way to go

:(:(:(

Last edited:

sharkbait28

Unionize & Prepare For Automation
International Member
This shit legitimately fucked me up today. Never really thought about it but I legit grew up with this brother. He mattered to me. Loved watching him play. And the fact that he lost his baby girl too smdh... heartbreaking....peace and blessings to that family fr fr. We need to give ppl who we admire and who matter to us their flowers while they're here. Thank you to all y'all brothers who helped manage and redirect the bizarre trolling posts in this thread.

@HUNTSVEGAZ you need to remix 24/8 fam, lol I'm being stupid af but srs at the same damn time.

4 Dimensional

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Damn, they were moving too.

At the time of the crash, they were going 161 knots, which is the equivalent of 185/mph.

You do that into a mountain and it's certainly death on impact for everyone on board.

"The helicopter suddenly climbed from 1,200 feet to 2,000. Minutes later, flying at 161 knots, the chopper crashed into a mountain near Calabasas. They were flying at about 1,700 feet at the time.

And with visibility as low as it was, the pilot had no idea how much mountain was left to clear, especially going at those speeds.

babydaddy

Rising Star
Platinum Member
But I assume they didn't want to turn around, & disappoint the kids waiting for him?

yea its alot to factor into what caused the accident. pressing to get to the game and not disappoint ppl. Dont know if the pilot was pressured into keep going in the bad weather. pilot might have made a recommendation not to fly and they still went forward. Its alot we dont know, Plus it was more than just kobe and his daughter in the chopper, so no telling what all chatter was coming from the other ppl with them. Them driving was prob not an option at the time. Still sad regardless. RIP sheesh this is terrible all around.

Strait_Laced

knowledge alone ≠ power
OG Investor
But cot damn, what a way to go

that's what i'm thinking

if you look at the tragedies of entertainers and celebs dying in flights, there is always some element of time pressure to get to a gig or appearance, pilot misjudgment (aaliyah, jfk jr), and usually bad weather (otis redding, buddy holly), or all 3 (kobe)

55th View

Rising Star
Registered
that's what i'm thinking

if you look at the tragedies of entertainers and celebs dying in flights, there is always some element of time pressure to get to a gig or appearance, pilot misjudgment (aaliyah, jfk jr), and usually bad weather (otis redding, buddy holly), or all 3 (kobe)

This. that pressure can be insurmountable.

Same w/ Michael Jackson. The doctor knew that sleep practice was a bad idea, but the allure of money and opportunity can make you ignore common sense and good logic.

Strait_Laced

knowledge alone ≠ power
OG Investor
Them driving was prob not an option at the time. Still sad regardless. RIP sheesh this is terrible all around.

yeah - kobe was known for flying in the chopper to get around - driving from newport beach to simi valley/thousand oaks under time pressure?...might as well be driving from california to texas - traffic out here is legendarily unreal

spider705

Light skin, non ADOS Lebron hater!
BGOL Investor
Details was so over my head...

It was mentally intimidating essential basketball study material
It made you look at these guys as more than just athletes... like you said the details he was pointing out were things I'd never even think to look at...I watched the one on James Harden like 2 times and still was stunned at how in depth he went with even the smallest detail

HisFlyness

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Most underrated Kobe dunk ever; he took Ben Wallace’s soul:

This was my favorite Kobe memory. The dunk was ILL, but what happened right after is what still makes me smile/laugh whenever I see it...

I'm watching the game in my room, chillin. BAM! Kobe bangs on Ben. Oh SHIT! My phone rings. ON my mama I didn't say hello, I just said "yeah I saw that." :lol: I knew it was one of my boys goin crazy like I was. Yup, it was Donnell sayin "oh shit" just like I was. Dude is goin crazy. Then about 15 seconds into the call I hear a tap on my window. My best friend J is outside my window out of breath like "NIGGA, did you see that?" He stayed about a football field away from me and he just sprinted to my crib cuz he was so hype. To this day I still don't know if he even put shoes on before he ran out the house.:lol:

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member
Have any lakers players or coaches expressed their feelings?
I didn’t see any, might’ve missed it.

If they didn’t, im sure they probably was asked to stay off the net for a while

BlackRob

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Hope she gets fired, and more follow her. Seen a lotta BS on social media regarding Kobe today.

Edited to add another one: Matt Gutman

Last edited: