Popeyes New Chicken Sandwich Is Luring In Loyal Chick-Fil-A Advocates

Mo-Better

The R&B Master
OG Investor
Sorry, I don't. I can see if there is a copycat recipe somewhere. My local kfc's still carry them, I get them every other week or so. They make them to order tho so it is an automatic 10 min wait. That works for me as they are always fresh and I have them leave them in a bit longer.

The KFC here still has them but they're not what they once was. There is a recipe and get this the product is not actually KFC product. I'll take what you find. Thanks but don't go crazy looking for it.

BGLR1212000

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Popeyes has a place in the chicken sandwich market now, but there's no way its going to take over chick fil a. People still go to Popeyes for their fried chicken, and if they feeling a little different, the Popeyes sandwich is a good thing to mix in something different. Plus, Chick Fil A get you in and out faster. During a NORMAL Popeye's dinner rush, you might be waiting 30+minutes for your food.

ugk

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
lol ill take that as a yes it is. Def cool wit people trying a sandwich, but when we have this level of excitement about a food killing us for generations, ill add some balance and point it out. Ill look for the black people excited about healthy food from black food makers thread. Its on its way im sure.

I feel what you're say bro.................... but it's not that serious :lol:

thundercat

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
that's what u get for sitting in the drive thru! :lol:

Nah, the lot was packed and the line was out the door. You were going to wait yesterday regardless. Not to mention all the customers there for their Tuesday 2 piece special for $1.59.

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
lol ill take that as a yes it is. Def cool wit people trying a sandwich, but when we have this level of excitement about a food killing us for generations, ill add some balance and point it out. Ill look for the black people excited about healthy food from black food makers thread. Its on its way im sure.
Atl has a vegan burger that people stand on line for hours to order... Talked about it various times on here

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Atl has a vegan burger that people stand on line for hours to order... Talked about it various times on here

veritech

Black Votes Matter!
Platinum Member
Nah, the lot was packed and the line was out the door. You were going to wait yesterday regardless. Not to mention all the customers there for their Tuesday 2 piece special for $1.59.

my point was had u went it you would have saw the sign off rip.

i hate going through the drive thru. they never get an order right.

Empire

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The bad customer service at Popeyes is what is going to hurt them in the end. Chick-fil-a has good food but it’s the customers service that keeps people calm waiting in the long lines.

Popeyes employers aren’t prepared to hand that many people at the same time.

robinsee

Rising Star
Registered
i tried that sandwich a month ago on a road trip

nah.
its too spicy, salty, and greasy

i seen someone say there is a regular and spicy version....i almost thought i got spicy by mistake then i remembered Popeyes chicken is always unnecessarily spicy like that. i can only imagine what the spicy sandwich tastes like

i like flavor over spicy, i dont see how people eat OD spicy shit all the time

thing is, the Popeye sandwich has a ton of potential if they toned it down a bit and actually gave a fuck....but they dont and they wont. *shruggles*

White Castle has a breakfast slider like this. very good just too spicy

Mashable ranked chicken sandwiches and places Shake Shack #1, im going to try them

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
raw

i tried that sandwich a month ago on a road trip

nah.
its too spicy, salty, and greasy

i seen someone say there is a regular and spicy version....i almost thought i got spicy by mistake then i remembered Popeyes chicken is always unnecessarily spicy like that. i can only imagine what the spicy sandwich tastes like

i like flavor over spicy, i dont see how people eat OD spicy shit all the time

thing is, the Popeye sandwich has a ton of potential if they toned it down a bit and actually gave a fuck....but they dont and they wont. *shruggles*

White Castle has a breakfast slider like this. very good just too spicy

Mashable ranked chicken sandwiches and places Shake Shack #1, im going to try them

“Too spicy”?

tenor.gif

HeathCliff

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I finally succumbed to the social media marketing pressure after having not eaten at Popeyes in 4 years...

Gotta admit, that shit was good as advertised. Job well done!!!

DVS X

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Tried to get one on my lunch break... Mutherfuckin line was half a city block long wrapped around in 5 directions...

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

ok now you got me interested. This is a convo I want to continue. Is it black owned? Im gonna guess it is, this is dope if it is.

thundercat

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
lol so my friend sent me a video of the line at popeyes today. Longer than the line to vote he said hahaha. When someone is waiting in line for hours for fried chicken, which one of us is taking it to serious?

Are you really comparing waiting in line to vote to picking up dinner at a fast food spot? Geez...he's right. It's not THAT serious. Its food. Who bitches about people eating dinner and wanting to try a meal that's highly recommended?:confused:

D24OHA

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Popeyes in North Olmsted is hwhyte people central. About half a mile from Chik-fil-a and target and even closer to the mall that's mostly white.

Popeyes on Lorain is in pretty mixed neighborhood, however there a lot of poor white people and immigrants....

Now the one on Carnegie.... You might've had a point, however at lunch time.... That place and KFC keep packed with white people.......

Got an update.... The sandwich will be available in this area September 1st...so I know what I'm having for lunch that day

Reactions: 305

Knuckles666

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The bad customer service at Popeyes is what is going to hurt them in the end. Chick-fil-a has good food but it’s the customers service that keeps people calm waiting in the long lines.

It was so bad, they couldn’t accept plastic at the drive thru only cash. So now folks are deep inside the store and their asking your name to place on the order. But I’m woken up from my bank with a text telling me my card was just used at Popeyes at 5:45 in the morning! I immediately cancel my card only to figure out it was from my transaction 8 days prior! Da fuk!

yardy

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Don't even mess with fast food like that anymore but stopped in to popeyes just to see what the hype was all about... them fools ran outta this shit. None until Friday :hmm: them joints probably be jammed packed. Too much for a damn sandwich.

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member

I got a feeling somebody is gonna get shot and killed over these Chicken Sandwiches before the end of Labor Day weekend.

August 30th is payday.....Paychecks, Food Stamps, Pensions, Social Security is all paid out on that day being Sept 1st is on a weekend.

dabushwackers

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I'm staying clear of all of it the soduim content on those sandwiches is enough to put your kidneys in shock :roflmao: Health is wealth :dance: