Popeyes New Chicken Sandwich Is Luring In Loyal Chick-Fil-A Advocates

Adam Knows

YouTube: Adam Knows
Platinum Member
the best chicken sandwich is the grilled cajun chicken sandwich at the cooker. i know they are all around north carolina they may be in other spots.

yaBoi

X-pert Professional
Platinum Member
vital marketing at it finest.. they will be teaching about this in marketing and economics classes.. Popeye's hit a damn grand slam with this campaign

veritech

Black Votes Matter!
Platinum Member
Some of my friends were telling me all day to try the samich, so I said "fuck it" and attempted to get one after work. I sat in that crazy ass popeyes line in west Houston for damn near an hour and when I got to the menu/speaker....SOLD OUT!

Screenshot-20190820-182754-Gallery.jpg

I was madder than a muthafucka!!! Braved that 5pm Westheimer traffic for nothin. Fuck you popeyes!

that's what u get for sitting in the drive thru! :lol:

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
vital marketing at it finest.. they will be teaching about this in marketing and economics classes.. Popeye's hit a damn grand slam with this campaign

There was no “Campaign”, the people liked the sandwich and made it what it is. It has nothing to do with Popeyes marketing or campaign.

Just like when Patti’s sweet potatoe pies, the people did that.

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
this is a quality vs quantity issue.

you prefer the quantity of having as much "drink" as possible in the cup.

i prefer the quality of having an ice cold beverage while i eat my meal.

I usually take my food home so that’s why I ask for no ice.

If I’m eating there, then I get ice.

Mo-Better

The R&B Master
OG Investor
I don't plan on trying it because I don't do spicy aside from kfc's hotwings. The tweets on Twitter were funny tho. Popeye vs Wendy's Vs Chick-fil-A.

Speaking of hot wings, do you have a good recepie for making them? KFC doesn't have it anymore.

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
if you think that you're retarded

I’ll be retarded, but you’ll be dumb as fuck to believe what you said.

It’s very hard for a company to force a product to successfully go viral.

Popeyes said they had a chicken sandwich, people loved it and said it was better the Chic fil a’s. Popeyes didn’t start the conversation or the competition.

Comedians and people making videos weren’t contact by Popeyes to show interest.

Patti LaBelle didn’t pay people to talk about her pies. As a matter of fact, Patti dissed the dude that started the interest in her pies but faced a slight backlash and straightened it out.

Like I said, I’ll be retarded. But you’ll still be a dumb sack of shit.

yaBoi

X-pert Professional
Platinum Member
I’ll be retarded, but you’ll be dumb as fuck to believe what you said.

It’s very hard for a company to force a product to successfully go viral.

Popeyes said they had a chicken sandwich, people loved it and said it was better the Chic fil a’s. Popeyes didn’t start the conversation or the competition.

Comedians and people making videos weren’t contact by Popeyes to show interest.

Patti LaBelle didn’t pay people to talk about her pies. As a matter of fact, Patti dissed the dude that started the interest in her pies but faced a slight backlash and straightened it out.

Like I said, I’ll be retarded. But you’ll still be a dumb sack of shit.
ain't nobody talking about no damn pies. that shit was started by some fag on youtube..

but popeye's was all over Twitter talking about their chicken sandwich.. tell me how they didn't help start this conversation if they were the ones talking about it.... smh

Last edited:

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
ain't nobody talking about no damn pied.. that shit was started by some fag on youtube..

but popeye's was all over Twitter talking about their chicken sandwich.. tell me how they didn't help start this conversation if they were the ones talking about it.... smh

Companies talk about their products all the time, they don’t generate as much interest as Popeyes chicken sandwich did.

People have to be genuinely interested in your product for it to take off the way their sandwich has.

One can try to make their product go viral, but if no one gives a shit it’ll fall flat.

Wendy’s just announced their spicy nuggets are back, strangely it’s not huge in social media. I’m sure you can guess why.

yaBoi

X-pert Professional
Platinum Member
Companies talk about their products all the time, they don’t generate as much interest as Popeyes chicken sandwich did.

People have to be genuinely interested in your product for it to take off the way their sandwich has.

One can try to make their product go viral, but if no one gives a shit it’ll fall flat.

Wendy’s just announced their spicy nuggets are back, strangely it’s not huge in social media. I’m sure you can guess why.
you realize Wendy's was posting on Twitter right along with Popeyes and chik fila right

D24OHA

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I've driven past 3 Popeyes here in Cleveland the past week... (not going out of my way) and even stopped at one and none of them have this sandwich.....

I want to try it, just like I was curious about KFC's waffles.....

I guess I have no choice but to wait..... Haha

LordSinister

One Punch Mayne
Super Moderator
Ive heard nothing but people rave about Chick-fil-a. Ive had it 4 times in 3 different states with the same results... That shit was bland as fuck... In fact, the blandest chicken I ever had. Am I just having bad luck or are people just settling for unseasoned chicken these days?

Shit is trash. Cac sandwich with no fucking seasoning but salt. Now the chicken is fresh, and the sauce is the bomb but the sandwich itself is ass.

chrislee

Rising Star
Super Moderator
Some of my friends were telling me all day to try the samich, so I said "fuck it" and attempted to get one after work. I sat in that crazy ass popeyes line in west Houston for damn near an hour and when I got to the menu/speaker....SOLD OUT!

Screenshot-20190820-182754-Gallery.jpg

I was madder than a muthafucka!!! Braved that 5pm Westheimer traffic for nothin. Fuck you popeyes!
I tried get a sandwich about a week ago and they were out of filet. Gonna try again this week and go with the spicy.

Camille

Kitchen Wench #TeamQuaid
Staff member
Speaking of hot wings, do you have a good recepie for making them? KFC doesn't have it anymore.

Sorry, I don't. I can see if there is a copycat recipe somewhere. My local kfc's still carry them, I get them every other week or so. They make them to order tho so it is an automatic 10 min wait. That works for me as they are always fresh and I have them leave them in a bit longer.

yaBoi

X-pert Professional
Platinum Member
Yes I do know. With that said, where’s all the rage for Wendy’s “Spicy Nuggets”?

I’ll wait...
TediousFoolishIberiannase-small.gif
ain't nobody talking about no gaddamn nuggets LOL!

did Popeye's say that they have nuggets that are better than Wendy's or chik fila??
This is specifically about the chicken sandwich and you're bringing up pies and nuggets and shit..

when those three companies get into a pissing match about nuggets or sweet potato pies then bring that shit back up... smh..

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
ain't nobody talking about no gaddamn nuggets LOL!

did Popeye's say that they have nuggets that are better than Wendy's or chik fila??
This is specifically about the chicken sandwich and you're bringing up pies and nuggets and shit..

when those three companies get into a pissing match about nuggets or sweet potato pies then bring that shit back up... smh..

Below is the first tweet about Popeyes chicken sandwich, no mention on a chicken war or a competition.

Look at the first reply, the “People” made it a competition.

If you can’t understand the correlation betting Patti’s pies or the spicy nuggets our conversation is over.

Enjoy your day and your obvious retardation.

sammyjax

Grand Puba of Science
Platinum Member
Below is the first tweet about Popeyes chicken sandwich, no mention on a chicken war or a competition.

Look at the first reply, the “People” made it a competition.

If you can’t understand the correlation betting Patti’s pies or the spicy nuggets our conversation is over.

Enjoy your day and your obvious retardation.

That's my boys tweet :lol:

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
lol ill take that as a yes it is. Def cool wit people trying a sandwich, but when we have this level of excitement about a food killing us for generations, ill add some balance and point it out. Ill look for the black people excited about healthy food from black food makers thread. Its on its way im sure.