Anthony Davis wants out......where will he go

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
I don't the Pelicans can be vindictive to the point where they turn players off from wanting to sign with them. Keep in mind, this is still a small, mostly football oriented market and not a place where free agents are clamoring to come to. I don't think you need to make things worse.

I do think the Pelicans should do whats best for their future but I think being petty will only hurt them in the long run.

But nobody wants to sign now
Theyve got all the leverage because they've still got an entire next season to make a deal
If they can get a blockbuster assurance from Boston then no need to be hasty
Also why trade for multiple scrubs? Gotta have at least 1 Marquee player in the deal to replace the current one

D'Evils

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
That's next year.. so at the end of the season he can walk and N.O. wont get anything in return. Trade now and get assets... no way NO will compete for championship in next two years

He can't walk at the end of this season his contract runs through the 2019-2020 with a one year option...

N.O. hold the cards until next year's 2020 trade deadline...

Rich Paul is trying to force N.O. hands but they can just wait until this summer with more options and the 2019 draft picks are set...

Last edited:

Duece

Get your shit together
BGOL Investor
But nobody wants to sign now
Theyve got all the leverage because they've still got an entire next season to make a deal
If they can get a blockbuster assurance from Boston then no need to be hasty
Also why trade for multiple scrubs? Gotta have at least 1 Marquee player in the deal to replace the current one

I'm not saying be hasty and just do a deal to just get him out of the door, I do think that they should do what's best for the future. If that means shutting him down for the rest of the year and making a deal with Boston then so be it, when I said vindictive, I'm talking about the Pels doing something similar to Indiana when they sent PG to OKC instead of the Lakers or Kwahi being shipped to Toronto instead of one of the LA teams.

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
I'm not saying be hasty and just do a deal to just get him out of the door, I do think that they should do what's best for the future. If that means shutting him down for the rest of the year and making a deal with Boston then so be it, when I said vindictive, I'm talking about the Pels doing something similar to Indiana when they sent PG to OKC instead of the Lakers or Kwahi being shipped to Toronto instead of one of the LA teams.

Well those weren't vindictive trades lol
Pacers have been dope since that trade
And the Spurs got a Marquee player to replace their Marquee player

Vindictive is passing up the best deal out of spite

Not making the best deal for the team even if it's not the preferred choice for the player

Duece

Get your shit together
BGOL Investor
Well those weren't vindictive trades lol
Pacers have been dope since that trade
And the Spurs got a Marquee player to replace their Marquee player

Vindictive is passing up the best deal out of spite

Not making the best deal for the team even if it's not the preferred choice for the player

You make a good point about the results of those trades

But neither one of those players ultimately ended up in the places they were pushing for and when it comes to Kwahi it's still a question of where he'll be next year.

Those players were clearly angling for a certain location.

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
You make a good point about the results of those trades

But neither one of those players ultimately ended up in the places they were pushing for and when it comes to Kwahi it's still a question of where he'll be next year.

Those players were clearly angling for a certain location.

Right but as I said it ain't on the player it's about the team doing what's best for them

So whoever gives the best deal is who gets the player

doggish_098

Rising Star
Registered
All of a sudden he wants out the day after Boston said they can’t trade for him... hmmm and y’all say the nfl is rigged. Go head to LA and carry old man Lebron to the finals so he can keep comparing himself to mike

Last edited:

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor
All of a sudden he wants out the day after Boston said they can’t trade for him... hmmm and y’all say the nba is rigged. Go head to LA and carry old man Lebron to the finals so he can keep comparing himself to mike

LAs not getting Davis. He's goin anywhere but there. Nobodys helping LeBron make Jordans legacy look anymore basic than it is. Coon is safe.

Tha Great Muta

Rising Star
Platinum Member
The Celtics cannot trade for the Brow without including Kyrie Irving in the deal, and they can blame Derrick Rose. The “Rose Rule,” instituted in the 2011 CBA, was intended to reward young stars, allowing them to cash in even more coming off their rookie contracts, with max extensions rising from 25 percent of the salary cap to 30 percent.

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
The Celtics cannot trade for the Brow without including Kyrie Irving in the deal, and they can blame Derrick Rose. The “Rose Rule,” instituted in the 2011 CBA, was intended to reward young stars, allowing them to cash in even more coming off their rookie contracts, with max extensions rising from 25 percent of the salary cap to 30 percent.

I like how they want to blame players for getting money and that's the reason they can't acquire more players

And people eat it up

Blame the owners for trying to blame the players

Entrepronegro

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
His hometown Chicago Bulls could possibly end up getting him though. If the Pelicans want a high 1st round draft pick then the Bulls would be the best trade for them. Plus AD would be going home to Chicago and can build something there and recruit other free agents to join him in the windy city.

Postalone

Reborn
Registered
He coming back home to the Chicago Bulls. Gonna surprise everyone just like Kahlil Mack trade. And will have excellent chance for Zion Williamson since we're tanking. :yes: