Dallas cop enters wrong apartment, kills Black man Botham Jean who lives there [LIVE TRIAL LINK]

ansatsusha_gouki

Land of the Heartless
Platinum Member
We live in a world where a 12 year old black kid is considered an adult.

We live in a world where a 32 year old white man is considered is kid. Not,only people said he was a kid,folks were trying to justify him lying about being robbed.

We live in a world where cops can shoot unarmed black people yet blame them for there own deaths. If,that's not bad enough,people can plant drugs/ weapons on them or assassinate that person's character while they're dead.

We live in a world where a black man can shoot an Australian woman and folks are outraged about it. Meanwhile,that officer is sent to prison. I can't forget,how trainers and psychiatrists were concerned about him being fit for duty during the hiring process....:rolleyes:

http://www.startribune.com/judge-re...who-killed-justine-ruszczyk-damond/492518991/

There's a person in office ,who dodge the draft 5 times and disrespect veterans multiple times yet folks have no problem with it.

Meanwhile,Kaepernick's patriotism is questioned every single day in this country because he took a knee.....:smh:

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
Man this Black police chief just keeps sinking lower and lower into the sunken place... this explanation makes no sense.

Dallas police chief explains why she hasn't fired cop who shot neighbor dead

DALLAS – Dallas Police Chief U. Reneé Hall has issued a statement explaining why no disciplinary action has been taken against Officer Amber Guyger. Guyger is charged with manslaughter after she shot 26-year-old Botham Jean, her neighbor, on Sept. 6 at his apartment.

The officer told investigators that she mistook Jean's apartment for her own and thought she was being burglarized. However, his family members told CBS Newsthat Botham placed a red carpet in front of his door to distinguish his apartment from others.

CBS Dallas/Fort Worth reports that Guyger's case is being investigated by Dallas Police, the Texas Rangers and the Dallas County District Attorney's Office. Some in the community, including Jean's family's attorney, have called for Guyger to be fired.

Chief Hall addressed that in a statement on Thursday, explaining why no action has been taken. Here is Hall's complete statement:

"There is one overriding reason that I have not taken any administrative or employment action against Officer Amber Guyger. I don't want to interfere with the on-going criminal investigation into her actions.

"Here's why. As an employer, DPD can compel Officer Guyger to provide a statement during a DPD administrative investigation and those statements given to DPD could potentially compromise the criminal investigation.

"That is not a risk I am willing to take. We cannot let the criminal case be determined on a 'technicality' rather than the facts. An exhaustive and thorough criminal investigation is essential, and as soon as we are assured that conducting an administrative investigation will not impede on the criminal investigation, we will proceed."

Dallas lawyer and former police officer Pete Schulte told CBS Dallas/Fort Worth that he questions the chief's statement. "Both the internal investigation and the criminal investigation should be ongoing at the same time," he said. "There is no ability for the internal affairs investigation to cross over to what the Texas Rangers are doing. It doesn't make any sense legally why these two investigations cannot be going on simultaneously, like they have happened in every other case."

Last week, attorneys for Jean's family accused Dallas police of trying to "assassinate his character" and expressed fury that authorities sought a search warrant that resulted in the discovery of marijuana in the victim's apartment.

At a news conference, the lawyers said the search warrant, which allowed investigators to look for drugs, should have never been issued. Lee Merritt, one of the Jean family attorneys, said that investigators wasted no time in digging for dirt they could use to smear Jean's name. Within hours of Jean being shot, they asked a judge for a warrant to search his home for drugs, among other things.

"On the night that he was killed, the Dallas Police Department investigators were interested specifically in finding information that could help assassinate his character," Merritt said.

© 2018 CBS Interactive Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/botham...s-why-she-has-not-fired-officer-amber-guyger/

sharkbait28

Unionize & Prepare For Automation
International Member
Man this Black police chief just keeps sinking lower and lower into the sunken place... this explanation makes no sense.

DALLAS – Dallas Police Chief U. Reneé Hall has issued a statement explaining why no disciplinary action has been taken against Officer Amber Guyger. Guyger is charged with manslaughter after she shot 26-year-old Botham Jean, her neighbor, on Sept. 6 at his apartment.

The officer told investigators that she mistook Jean's apartment for her own and thought she was being burglarized. However, his family members told CBS Newsthat Botham placed a red carpet in front of his door to distinguish his apartment from others.

CBS Dallas/Fort Worth reports that Guyger's case is being investigated by Dallas Police, the Texas Rangers and the Dallas County District Attorney's Office. Some in the community, including Jean's family's attorney, have called for Guyger to be fired.

Chief Hall addressed that in a statement on Thursday, explaining why no action has been taken. Here is Hall's complete statement:

"There is one overriding reason that I have not taken any administrative or employment action against Officer Amber Guyger. I don't want to interfere with the on-going criminal investigation into her actions.

"Here's why. As an employer, DPD can compel Officer Guyger to provide a statement during a DPD administrative investigation and those statements given to DPD could potentially compromise the criminal investigation.

"That is not a risk I am willing to take. We cannot let the criminal case be determined on a 'technicality' rather than the facts. An exhaustive and thorough criminal investigation is essential, and as soon as we are assured that conducting an administrative investigation will not impede on the criminal investigation, we will proceed."

Dallas lawyer and former police officer Pete Schulte told CBS Dallas/Fort Worth that he questions the chief's statement. "Both the internal investigation and the criminal investigation should be ongoing at the same time," he said. "There is no ability for the internal affairs investigation to cross over to what the Texas Rangers are doing. It doesn't make any sense legally why these two investigations cannot be going on simultaneously, like they have happened in every other case."

Last week, attorneys for Jean's family accused Dallas police of trying to "assassinate his character" and expressed fury that authorities sought a search warrant that resulted in the discovery of marijuana in the victim's apartment.

At a news conference, the lawyers said the search warrant, which allowed investigators to look for drugs, should have never been issued. Lee Merritt, one of the Jean family attorneys, said that investigators wasted no time in digging for dirt they could use to smear Jean's name. Within hours of Jean being shot, they asked a judge for a warrant to search his home for drugs, among other things.

"On the night that he was killed, the Dallas Police Department investigators were interested specifically in finding information that could help assassinate his character," Merritt said.

© 2018 CBS Interactive Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/botham...s-why-she-has-not-fired-officer-amber-guyger/

I've never in my life seen a less accountable "profession" :smh:

phanatic

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I've never in my life seen a less accountable "profession" :smh:

I don't want to hear that "they have to deal with the public" horseshit excuse. A cashier at Wendy's deals with the public every day too. All types of dickheads walk into Wendy's and talk down to the employees, but they have to be professional. I guarantee on a day to day basis, a cashier at a fast food place has to deal with more shitty people than a cop.

Megatron X

A Prophet of Doom
BGOL Investor

Them black cops are weak punk bitches. They are a part of the white supremacy.

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
Wow... The NRA.... just can't help themselves...

So now the NRA is basically saying that if he Had a Gun.... He would have been able to shoot the cop. :smh: So in order to keep their agenda they are willing to say.. .Well if he had a gun.... He should have shot the cop..

LSN

Phat booty lover.
BGOL Investor

So now the NRA is basically saying that if he Had a Gun.... He would have been able to shoot the cop. :smh: So in order to keep their agenda they are willing to say.. .Well if he had a gun.... He should have shot the cop..

he should have...clearly that bitch was out for blood...better her than him

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

whoa...

ok

i honestly would have bet GOOD money this would NEVER happen

ansatsusha_gouki

Land of the Heartless
Platinum Member

I'm not watching this bullshit. Funny,how they say he should had a gun yet quiet as a mouse when Philando Castile told the race soldier that he has a gun(which was required by law).

It's not surprising though because the NRA has always been anti-black for decades.

YoungSinister

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
You see they’ve went from killing unarmed blacks at traffic stops, foot chases, handcuffed, in jails, now they’re taking it a major notch up by killing you in your home unarmed. She’s gonna get off just watch. It’s already being set up for that.
yep?
and why is this happening? b/c they know niggas arent gonna do shit but march and discuss shit

Megatron X

A Prophet of Doom
BGOL Investor
yep?
and why is this happening? b/c they know niggas arent gonna do shit but march and discuss shit

This is why I say the civil rights generation should’ve been called out for selling blacks out today. If niggaz held on to their wealth that wealth would’ve controlled politicians, attorneys and the police.

Wealth could control shit cause you can hurt others financially. Fuck boycotting own shit, own wealth.

Llano

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Basically the white supremacist police union got her shook & making sure she's complicit in the cover up.

unknownsoldier

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Basically the white supremacist police union got her shook & making sure she's complicit in the cover up.

Sadly it's us too. We're the most vocal against her. They've been on her ass since she got hired & made muthafuckas interview to keep their jobs. She let folks go, they got pissed. They caused a big stir when she gave her introduction presser in a business suit & not uniform...not knowing you have to be sworn in to get it & she hadn't been. They been wanting her out, this is their shot :smh:

HAR125LEM

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I can't understand why a lot of you Cats think Renee Hall is under some fear and/or control from White Higher-Ups and shit.
GirlFriend is complicit because She WANTS to be.
Or else she wouldn't have gone for that job.
At the end of the day, she's a Black Female Cop who (probably) feels that Black Men (Hell. Blacks in general) ain't SHIT just as much as her White Cop Brethren.

Maybe we need to look at the longer term of this,
And stop celebrating whenever Sistas (and Brothers) like her get all these civil service, corporate positions and shit.
Because many don't have OUR best interests at heart.
And to be really REAL...
Too many of them absolutely HATE Black Men.

Wasn't a surprise to Me knowing that Botham Jean NEVER had a chance with Hall in charge.
Especially with her department's Smear campaign on him.
Hall hasn't even apologized to The Family for that one.
Which gives her a BIG FUCK YOU!!! in My book.

big pimp

Rising Star
Registered
I can't understand why a lot of you Cats think Renee Hall is under some fear and/or control from White Higher-Ups and shit.
GirlFriend is complicit because She WANTS to be.
Or else she wouldn't have gone for that job.
At the end of the day, she's a Black Female Cop who (probably) feels that Black Men (Hell. Blacks in general) ain't SHIT just as much as her White Cop Brethren.

Maybe we need to look at the longer term of this,
And stop celebrating whenever Sistas (and Brothers) like her get all these civil service, corporate positions and shit.
Because many don't have OUR best interests at heart.
And to be really REAL...
Too many of them absolutely HATE Black Men.

Wasn't a surprise to Me knowing that Botham Jean NEVER had a chance with Hall in charge.
Especially with her department's Smear campaign on him.
Hall hasn't even apologized to The Family for that one.
Which gives her a BIG FUCK YOU!!! in My book.
C/S

doug777

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
At the end of the day, she's a Black Female Cop who feels that's it's her job to protect cops. When Jacqueline Craig and her daughters were attacked and violently arrested by an El Paso cop after ignoring a white man that choked her son, the Black male El Paso police chief gave his officer a slap on the wrist 10-day suspension. What was his excuse?

HAR125LEM

Rising Star
Platinum Member
At the end of the day, she's a Black Female Cop who feels that's it's her job to protect cops. When Jacqueline Craig and her daughters were attacked and violently arrested by an El Paso cop after ignoring a white man that choked her son, the Black male El Paso police chief gave his officer a slap on the wrist 10-day suspension. What was his excuse?

No different from Hall's I would imagine.