IMPEACH NOW!

MASTERBAKER

༺ S❤️PER❤️ ᗰOD ༻
Super Moderator
IMPEACH NOW! We now know we have a Russian agent in the Oval Office. This CANNOT stand.

16708749_1428479203911796_8956118441035453313_n.jpg

MASTERBAKER

༺ S❤️PER❤️ ᗰOD ༻
Super Moderator
Here’s the presidential order of succession — just in case
BYJASON SILVERSTEIN
NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
Updated: Wednesday, February 15, 2017, 8:26 AM
supreme-court-pence.jpg

Vice President Pence.
(DAVID SWANSON/AP)

For no specific reason, here’s a reminder of the order of succession if President Trump — and any of his immediate successors — were to somehow leave office very soon.

1. Vice President Pence

2. House Speaker Paul Ryan

3. President pro tempore of the Senate Orrin Hatch

4. Secretary of State Rex Tillerson

5. Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin

6. Defense Secretary James Mattis

7. Attorney General Jeff Sessions

8. Acting Secretary of the Interior Kevin Haugrud

9. Agriculture Secretary Michael Scuse

congress-homeland-security.jpg

Homeland Security Secretary John Kelly is last in line.
(ANDREW HARNIK/AP)
10. Commerce Secretary (vacant seat; nominee Wilbur Ross has not been confirmed by the Senate)

11. Acting Labor Secretary Ed Hugler (nominee Andy Puzder has not been confirmed)

12. Health and Human Services Secretary Tom Price

13. Acting Housing and Urban Development Secretary Craig Clemmensen (nominee Ben Carson has not been confirmed)

14. Transportation Secretary Elaine Chao

15. Acting Energy Secretary Grace Bochenek (nominee Rick Perry has not been confirmed)

16. Education Secretary Betsy DeVos

17. Veteran Affairs Secretary David Shulkin

18. Homeland Security Secretary John Kelly

MASTERBAKER

༺ S❤️PER❤️ ᗰOD ༻
Super Moderator
That Professor Who Predicted Donald Trump's Win Is Now Making the Case for Impeachment

Katie Reilly
Feb 21, 2017
Donald Trump's unexpected victory — is now writing a book on what he says is Trump's imminent impeachment.

Allan Lichtman, a professor at American University, has used a set of keys to accurately predict every presidential election for more than 30 years.

"Now, he focuses on the 45th President of the United States and his next forecast, that it is not a question of if President Trump will be impeached, but a question of when," Shelby Meizlik, a spokesperson for HarperCollins, said in a statement Tuesday.

In his book, The Case for Impeachment, Lichtman will argue that Trump is susceptible to impeachment because of questions surrounding his ties to Russia and potential conflicts of interest related to his businesses, the statement said. The book was acquired by Dey Street Books and is scheduled to be released on April 18.

Even before Election Day, Lichtman predicted that, if elected, Trump would be impeached.

"I'm going to make another prediction," he told the Washington Post in September. "This one is not based on a system; it's just my gut. They don't want Trump as president, because they can't control him. He's unpredictable. They'd love to have Pence — an absolutely down-the-line, conservative, controllable Republican. And I'm quite certain Trump will give someone grounds for impeachment, either by doing something that endangers national security or because it helps his pocketbook."

MASTERBAKER

༺ S❤️PER❤️ ᗰOD ༻
Super Moderator
Laura E Greene The only way to really know if he does this is to see his taxes......LOL that's not going to happen, how funny! NOT!:money::D:yes:

Trump plans to donate salary, despite pledge not to take one
  • By Alexander Mallin
  • Adam Kelsey
Mar 13, 2017, 4:22 PM ET

Pablo Martinez Monsivais/AP Photo
Coming upTrump plans to donate salary, despite pledge not to take one

President Donald Trump has been drawing a salary -- despite pledging not to during the campaign and after the election -- but plans to donate the money to charity, according to press secretary Sean Spicer.

With almost two months of service as president of the United States under his belt, Donald Trump has earned over $50,000 in salary. Spicer says that money will be given away by the end of 2017.

Asked at Monday's press briefing about Trump's previous claims that he wouldn't keep his salary, Spicer said that the president's "intention right now is to donate his salary at the end of the year." He went on to say that Trump wanted the White House press corps to "help determine where that goes."

"The way we all can avoid scrutiny is to let the press corps determine where it should go," said Spicer. "In all seriousness... he made a pledge to the American people, he wants to donate it to charity and he'd love your help to determine where it should go."

The president's salary, which is paid out monthly, has been $400,000 per year since 2001.

Trump Plan to Donate Hotel Profits Doesn't Erase Ethics Concerns: Experts

Despite 2001 Promise, Donald Trump Made No 9/11 Donations in Year After Attack, Audit Finds

Spicer offered no indication Monday that Trump was forgoing payment, despite Trump's disinterest in receiving compensation which spans back at least 18 months.

During a video question and answer session with Twitter users in September 2015, Trump responded to an inquiry asking whether he would take a salary.

"As far as the salary is concerned, I won’t take even one dollar," said Trump. "I am totally giving up my salary if I become president.”

Later that same week at a campaign speech in Oklahoma, Trump said, "I'll be working for our country free, I don't want any salary. I've already said, I turned down my salary. I don't even know what the hell the salary is, but I don't want the salary."

Then, after winning the election in November, he repeated the stance during an interview with CBS's "60 Minutes."

“Well, I’ve never commented on this, but the answer is no,” Trump said. “I think I have to by law take $1, so I’ll take $1 a year. But it’s a -- I don’t even know what it is.”

“No, I’m not gonna take the salary. I’m not taking it," he added.

Trump was correct in stating that U.S. law requires he receive payment. The U.S. Constitution states, in Article 2, Section 1 that "The President shall, at stated times, receive for his services, a compensation, which shall neither be increased nor diminished during the period for which he shall have been elected, and he shall not receive within that period any other emolument from the United States, or any of them."

Upon Spicer's remark that Trump wished for the press corps to select the recipient of his donation, one reporter suggested their own "[White House] Correspondent's Association" to support "journalism scholarships."

MASTERBAKER

༺ S❤️PER❤️ ᗰOD ༻
Super Moderator

Toni Barone
Mexico doesn't have to worry about paying to impeach Trump. We will be glad to all chip in to pay for it ourself. That would be the best money ever spent!!
Like · Reply · 60 · 44 mins
6 Replies · 4 mins

Jeff Mullan
The whole world (except of course America's bosses in Russia) would club together and pay for Trump's impeachment. In the meantime he is the laughing stock to the world and a free daily comedy show to see how low he can stoop.
Like · Reply · 28 · 49 mins
5 Replies · 14 mins

Susan McLachlin
And Canada will help too, maybe Estonia... Australia, definitely New Zealand... we're asking everyone else to pitch in too,
1f60a.png

Like · Reply · 21 · 42 mins
1 Reply

Pamela Pacult-McDonald
we all will ill even sell tickets...proceeds go to charity...and make popcorn....bring your own chairs fo the court house lawn...maybe we could have big screen outside for citizens
Like · Reply · 6 · 16 mins · Edited

Dave Kennedy
Trump claimed the DNC was rigged, got blasted for it, and he was totally right.
Trump told you the debates were rigged, got blasted for it and he was right.
Trump told you the polls were rigged to show fake support for Hills and got blasted for it, and was right.
Trump told you the Clinton foundation was a scam, got blasted for it, and he was right.
Trump told you Hillary was passing classified info on her home brew server, got blasted for it, and he was totally right.
Trump told you he was going to win the election and had several good reasons as to why, and the liberal media laughed at him, for a year.
Do you think he's right about Obama & surveillance?
My money has been on
PRESIDENT Trump,
SINCE DAY ONE!
Like · Reply · 5 mins
2 Replies · Just now

Nancy Dewire
Hell, I'm broke but I'm sure if I did a go fund me request, America would raise the funds. Hmm, that's not a bad idea.
Like · Reply · 9 · 39 mins

Keira Rain
I will sell my organs to pitch in the money for this.
Like · Reply · 32 · 49 mins
13 Replies · 2 mins

Jacklyn Wingard Meadows
why should anyone have to pay the 3 Branches of Govt. to Impeach Trump? Aren't they already being paid to "do their jobs"? Useless bunch of freeloaders, the lot of em!
Like · Reply · 7 mins

Siri Fernandez
They won't, Mexico doesn't have to pay to clear Americas pile of shit
Like · Reply · 16 · 51 mins

Jay Myerly
I'll donate all the supper glue just to shut him up and he'd stop making that stuped smerk on his face.
Like · Reply · 6 · 30 mins

Madeline Kowalski
ill write the check now whom do i make it too
Like · Reply · 11 · 49 mins
2 Replies · 10 mins

Claudia Jacobo
He should pay for his impeachment or everyone who voted for him and thought he would make America great again damn suckers

QueEx

Rising Star
Super Moderator
Trump gets impeached, in my mind, only if (1) he commits one or more impeachable offenses and (2) ONLY if those offenses are sufficiently grave that congressional republicans are left with no essential choice BUT TO bring an impeachment. I believe more time should be spent developing and implementing good strategies to get democrats, independents, educated and uneducated to the polls in support of good candidates for the 2018 midterms.

QueEx

Rising Star
Super Moderator

IS THERE ANY REASON WHY there should be impeachment
proceedings, before the mid-term elections in 2018
???

MASTERBAKER

༺ S❤️PER❤️ ᗰOD ༻
Super Moderator
Here’s the presidential order of succession — just in case

For no specific reason, here’s a reminder of the order of succession if President Trump — and any of his immediate successors — were to somehow leave office very soon.

1. Vice President Pence

2. House Speaker Paul Ryan

3. President pro tempore of the Senate Orrin Hatch

4. Secretary of State Rex Tillerson

5. Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin

6. Defense Secretary James Mattis

supreme-court-pence.jpg

Vice President Pence.
(David Swanson/AP)
7. Attorney General Jeff Sessions

8. Secretary of the Interior Ryan Zinke

9. Agriculture Secretary Sonny Perdue

10. Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross

11. Labor Secretary Alex Acosta

12. Health and Human Services Secretary Tom Price

congress-homeland-security.jpg

Homeland Security Secretary John Kelly is last in line.
(Andrew Harnik/AP)
13. Housing and Urban Development Secretary Ben Carson

14. Transportation Secretary Elaine Chao

15. Energy Secretary Rick Perry

16. Education Secretary Betsy DeVos

17. Veteran Affairs Secretary David Shulkin

18. Homeland Security Secretary John Kelly

MASTERBAKER

༺ S❤️PER❤️ ᗰOD ༻
Super Moderator

Attachments

• upload_2017-6-4_17-23-33.jpeg
    upload_2017-6-4_17-23-33.jpeg
    39.3 KB · Views: 1
  • upload_2017-6-4_17-23-50.jpeg
    upload_2017-6-4_17-23-50.jpeg
  • upload_2017-6-4_17-23-54.jpeg
    upload_2017-6-4_17-23-54.jpeg

MASTERBAKER

༺ S❤️PER❤️ ᗰOD ༻
Super Moderator
upload_2017-6-11_2-14-33.png

Matt Stone
no self respecting mouth would put themselves on that orange fuckwads anatomy. why do you think his wife doesn't live with him?
· Reply ·
· June 9 at 11:08pm
74 Replies · 2 hrs

Selene S. Schmeidler
Well, his wife won't wanna do it, she doesn't even wanna hold his hand.
But I'm sure one of the pieces of scum from his cult would be willing to suck his dick, they already kiss his ass
· Reply ·
· June 9 at 11:21pm
70 Replies · 56 mins

Raoul Duke
well, THAT ain't gonna happen. You'd probably get several million people in the US who'd piss on him, but I don't see anyone being willing to blow him for any amount smaller that our annual GNP.

QueEx

Rising Star
Super Moderator
Thousands march in L.A. for impeachment of President Trump; his supporters hold their own rally

Thousands of protesters marched down 5th Street and Broadway in downtown to Los Angeles City Hall.

210x210

Laura J. NelsonContact Reporter

Several thousand protesters marched through downtown Los Angeles on Sunday, waving signs and chanting, “Down, down, down with Trump — up, up, up with the people” as they urged Congress to impeach the president.

The peaceful demonstration was one of dozens of events held across the country Sunday, aimed at voicing displeasure with Trump and his White House.

The Los Angeles march began at Pershing Square. John Meranda, 56, of Long Beach brandished a sign showing Trump's face on the body of a baby, with the word “impeach” spelled out in wooden blocks.

“Every day when I wake up, something is more terrible than it was yesterday,” Meranda said.

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-impeachment-march-20170702-story.html

QueEx

Rising Star
Super Moderator
Donald Trump has been in power for six months today, and
remains America’s most unpopular president in 70 years.

A new analysis by CNN’s political editor at large, Chris Cillizza,warns that Mr Trump’s presidency is on the brink of disaster.

Mr Trump has “lurched from controversy to controversy and now appears to be on the verge of tilting directly into the political abyss”, Mr Cillizza writes, highlighting the President’s low approval ratings, lack of legislative accomplishments and, of course, the lingering questions about his relationship with Russia.

Former FBI director Robert Mueller is leading an investigation into potential collusion between Russia and Mr Trump’s presidential campaign, and potential obstruction of justice by Mr Trump himself.

Mr Cillizza acknowledges anything is possible — Mr Trump’s election victory is proof of that — but says: “After six months of ‘Trump the President’, the likeliest outcome seems to be a slip into the political abyss. Believe me. Bigly.”

His warning comes on the heels of a new poll, which shows a higher percentage of Americans support Mr Trump’s impeachment now than approved of Richard Nixon’s impeachment at the height of the Watergate scandal.

A Monmouth poll found 41 per cent of Americans think Mr Trump “should be impeached and compelled to leave the presidency”, compared with 24 per cent who supported Mr Nixon’s impeachment, CNBC reports.

Be that as it may, we’ve been hearing dire predictions about Mr Trump’s presidency for months now — and the reality is, removing any president from office is extremely difficult.

THE IMPEACHMENT MYTH
An analysis of the impeachment process — I mpeachment 101: The history, process and prospect of a Trump impeachment, written by US Studies Centre CEO Professor Simon Jackman — has revealed it’s actually a lot harder than most people realise.

As he points out, impeachment “has a scarce and staggered history in American history”. It’s also a complex process.

There are two steps. First, the US House of Representatives has to pass articles of impeachment with a basic majority. Then the president faces a trial in the Senate. If two thirds of the senators vote to convict him, he is removed from office.

Prof Jackman predicts Mr Trump likely won’t face that fate, based on this reasoning:

1. No president has ever been kicked out of office

The spectre of impeachment has only been raised three times before — against Andrew Johson in 1868, Richard Nixon in the 1970s and Bill Clinton in the 1990s.

Having seen the writing on the wall, Mr Nixon resigned amid the Watergate scandal in 1974 before his impeachment could be carried out. The other two presidents faced impeachment trials, but were not convicted.

The upshot? Impeachment is extremely rare, and no president has ever been turfed out.

“Resignation or death remain the only ways US presidents have left office prior to electoral defeat or term limits,” Prof Jackman says.

2. Impeachment is not a legal process — it’s a political one

“Critically, criminal acts are neither necessary nor sufficient for impeachment and conviction of a president,” Prof Jackman says.

This is a key point that is often forgotten. Impeachment is not a legal mechanism — it can be carried out when the president hasn’t technically committed a crime, and on the flip side, the commission of a crime does not guarantee impeachment.

Only one question matters — do America’s politicians have the political will to remove the president from office? If the answer is no, it doesn’t matter what the man in the White House has done wrong.

3. Republicans still like and support Trump

This is related to the previous point. Polls show Mr Trump is still extremely popular in his own party, with more than 80 per cent of Republicans approving of his performance. That is particularly important because the Republicans currently control both the House of Representatives and the Senate.

The politicians in Congress are not going to impeach a president against their own voters’ wishes. Until Mr Trump’s support nosedives among Republican voters, he is safe.

We’ve seen that situation unfold before.

“Clinton was impeached with Republican majorities in the House of Representatives and the Senate, but with near universal opposition to impeachment among Democratic House members. No Democratic senator voted for Clinton’s conviction in the Senate,” Prof Jackman says.

How would the numbers look for Mr Trump? Good. Very good, in fact.

“Even if an impeachment vote could get to the floor of the House of Representatives and all of the 193 Democrats in the House voted for impeachment, at least 25 Republicans would have to vote for impeachment too,” Prof Jackman points out.

“Then, if all 46 Senate Democrats and two independent senators voted for conviction, 19 Republican senators would need to support conviction for Trump to be removed from office.”
So, don’t expect an impeachment effort to succeed before the 2018 midterm elections, when the Democrats could take back control of Congress.

4. Mueller’s investigation won’t necessarily doom Trump

Robert Mueller, a former FBI director, is the special counsel overseeing an investigation into alleged ties between Mr Trump’s campaign and Russia.

So much of what we know about the Russia controversy, including the fateful meeting between Donald Trump Jr and a Russian lawyer, has come from media reports. We have very little idea what Mr Mueller’s investigation has found, or will find.

It may find no evidence of wrongdoing from Mr Trump. It may uncover crimes committed by people in Mr Trump’s orbit, without implicating the president himself. We simply do not know where the evidence will lead.

“Special Counsel Mueller has less investigative scope and autonomy than did Kenneth Starr, who served as independent counsel investigating a series of allegations against the Clintons,” Prof Jackman says.

5. Trump would probably resign first Mr Trump can’t be turfed out of office if he quits first.

“A president who thought it was likely that two-thirds of the Senate would vote for conviction would resign prior to impeachment or trial, perhaps even trading the timing and manner of their resignation for a presidential pardon from their successor, protecting them against criminal prosecution,” Prof Jackman writes.

Call this the Nixon model. Faced with the prospect of being kicked out via impeachment, Mr Nixon chose to go out on his own terms. Prof Jackman argues Mr Trump would probably do the same.​

go to news.com.au »
debra.killalea@news.com.au

MASTERBAKER

༺ S❤️PER❤️ ᗰOD ༻
Super Moderator
LOL! "The President Show" just imagined what it would be like if the president sat down with Congressman Brad Sherman, the very man who has filed articles of impeachment against him -- HYSTERICAL!

QueEx

Rising Star
Super Moderator

Trump allies worry that losing the House means impeachment

Sara Murray, CNN
October 16, 2017

Top White House aides, lawmakers, donors and political consultants are privately asking whether President Donald Trump realizes that losing the House next year could put his presidency in peril.

In more than a dozen interviews, Republicans inside and outside the White House told CNN conversations are ramping up behind the scenes about whether Trump fully grasps that his feuds with members of his own party and shortage of legislative achievements could soon put the fate of his presidency at risk.

Donors who trekked to Jackson Hole, Wyoming, in support of House Speaker Paul Ryan were treated to a slide show late this summer to fundraise off those very fears, according to multiple attendees. Among the slides: An overview of the Democrats who would be tapped to lead key committees if the GOP loses control, including Rep. Elijah Cummings as the head of the House Oversight Committee.

To some attendees, the subtext was clear. If Republicans forfeit the House, Democrats will almost certainly create a spectacle that will derail conservatives' agenda and the remainder of Trump's first term — a spectacle complete with a raft of new subpoenas, a spotlight on the Russia investigation and, many are convinced, impeachment proceedings.

"When Democrats take control of the House they will absolutely move for articles of impeachment," one Trump confidant predicted.

Alex Conant, a partner at GOP public affairs firm Firehouse Strategies, said Trump should focus on protecting his own party.

"The number one thing Trump should be doing to save his presidency is helping congressional Republicans maintain their majorities," Conant said. "Instead he's allowing his allies like Steve Bannon to really undermine Republican reelection campaigns. It's just reckless and politically naive considering how devastating it would be to his presidency."

Conant served in George W. Bush's White House when Democrats swept control of the House and Senate in the 2006 midterm elections — and remembers the constant stream of investigations and subpoenas, a stream he said is sure to look more like a deluge in the Trump administration.

"It just cripples your agenda. You're constantly forced to play defense," Conant said.

The primary problem.

Republican handwringing over losing control of the House has played out largely in public. But in the hushed conversations that follow, Republicans have wondered whether Trump fully grasps the misery Democrats could unleash on his presidency.

A number of Republicans asked not to have their names used in order to speak candidly about a sensitive topic.

"If we lose the House, he could get impeached. Do you think he understands that?" one top GOP donor recalled an exasperated Republican senator saying privately.

"Won't it be ironic that Steve Bannon helped get the President elected and impeached?" another top Republican official said in a moment of venting.
Bannon, who served in the White House as Trump's chief strategist before he was fired in August, is planning to field primary challengers against nearly every Republican senator up for reelection.
"Right now, it's a season of war against a GOP establishment," Bannon proclaimed at the socially conservative Values Voter Summit over the weekend.
It's the latest in a string of political calculations that are set to backfire on the President, some Republicans warned.

"It will be on steroids, the amount of lawyers, investigations, inspector generals that come out of the woodwork" if Democrats win back the House, predicted Sara Fagen, who served as Bush's White House political director. "It will be very debilitating in a way they don't understand yet."

Marc Short, director of legislative affairs at the White House, said the White House hasn't resigned itself to the notion of losing the House.

"We don't have a defeatist approach on this," Short said. "There's no doubt that history suggests that there's sort of a recalibration after the first midterm, but I don't think we view it as that means it has to go that way."

And he insisted the President is cognizant of the havoc Democrats could cause if they regain control of the House.

"I think the President's keenly aware of that," Short said, adding that he expects Democrats would move forward with articles of impeachment if they win the majority.

GOP operatives are already envisioning Trump family members and acquaintances being dragged up to Capitol Hill over months to testify.

"Once the House is lost, then it just becomes, 'Let's look into Don Jr.'s tweets, let's subpoena his country club locker,'" one GOP strategist quipped. "Nothing is going to get done."

"It's so much more painful than going right to a proceeding of impeachment," another senior Republican operative added.

Another GOP congressional aide predicted the Democrats would make Trump's life a "living hell."
Top White House officials have openly discussed the threat of impeachment among themselves, multiple sources said. And to many, the risk to Trump's presidency is obvious. But White House personnel are loath to broach the topic with the President, sources said.

"Nobody over there is interested in delivering really bad news to the President on a consistent basis," the GOP operative said, particularly when it comes to the potential for impeachment proceedings. "Like, 'hey, this could be a real thing. You shouldn't be so dismissive about it, because Chuck (Schumer) and Nancy (Pelosi) aren't your friends.'"

The uphill impeachment process.

Booting the president out of office is exceedingly difficult, a point conceded by even some of Trump's fiercest critics.

If Democrats win the House, they could vote on articles of impeachment. If at least one of those articles garners a majority vote, the president is technically impeached, as was the case with former President Bill Clinton in 1998.

Then the issue moves to the Senate, which conducts a trial presided over by the Supreme Court's chief justice. If two-thirds of the Senate finds the president guilty, he is removed and the vice president becomes president.

No American president has ever been removed from office via the impeachment and conviction process.
While Trump may not be overly preoccupied with the threat of impeachment, he has been livid about what he sees as Congress' inability to execute his campaign promises.

"The Congress has been frustrating to him," retired Gen. John Kelly, Trump's chief of staff, told reporters in the White House briefing room Thursday, lamenting the sluggish pace of the legislative process. "In his view, the solutions are obvious, whether it's tax cuts and tax reform, health care, infrastructure programs, strengthening our military."

In response to that frustration, the President has begun making as many changes as he can unilaterally. He announced he was ending the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program, which protected young immigrants brought to the US illegally as children.
Last week, he began to chip away at Obamacare with an executive order that overhauls the insurance system. He chased it with an announcement that the administration plans to end subsidies to insurance companies that help low-income Americans pay for health care.

Trump also said he had no intention of certifying Iran's compliance with the nuclear deal, punting the issue to Congress to determine whether to reimpose sanctions on Iran and scrap the deal.

Still, the moves fall short of a signature legislative accomplishment. They also risk charges of hypocrisy after Republicans, including Trump, spent years hammering Obama for governing via pen and phone rather than through Congress.

"The most important factor for how the Republican Party does in 2018 is whether we cut middle class taxes or not," said Corry Bliss, the executive director for the Congressional Leadership Fund and American Action Network. "The Republican Party controls the government and we're going to be judged on delivering results."

Slow progress on the Hill

Trump's approach to governing via executive action highlights the precarious situation the President's team has found itself in, roughly a year before the 2018 midterms, after multiple failed attempts to repeal and replace Obamacare and on the precipice of a tax reform fight that is far from a surefire victory and could easily spill over into next year.

"We're really proud of the successes that he's had so far but they're really limited to the things he controls and oversees directly," Nick Ayers, chief of staff to Vice President Mike Pence, said of the President's accomplishments to a room full of donors recently, according to a recording obtained by Politico. "We're really frustrated with what our Republican Congress has not been able to do."

Even as some of Trump's allies see little culpability on the President's side, many on the opposite end of Pennsylvania Avenue take a different view. They see a President who has done little to sell his agenda since taking office. Instead, he has cut deals with Democrats, sparred with top-ranking Republicans and stood by as Bannon takes aim at sitting senators. All moves that are hindering his legislative progress and, Republicans fear, squandering the GOP's window of opportunity while it controls both the House and Senate.

In his speech to GOP donors, Ayers served up a dim projection for the midterms: "We're on track to get shellacked next year," he said.

He implored donors to "purge" Republican lawmakers who don't line up behind Trump's agenda. And, perhaps in a sign of the West Wing's defiance or political naiveté, he offered a glossy assessment of the President's fate.

"The President's going to be fine," Ayers declared.

© 2017 Cable News Network, Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved.

QueEx

Rising Star
Super Moderator
House Democrat plans to force impeachment vote Wednesday

Rep. Al Green’s move could put Democrats in a bind.

“I love my country,” Rep. Al Green wrote Tuesday. “For this reason, I will bring articles of impeachment to a vote in the House of Representatives.” | Brendan Smialowski/AFP/Getty Images

By KYLE CHENEY
12/05/2017 04:43 PM EST

Rep. Al Green (D-Texas) says he intends to force a vote Wednesday to impeach President Donald Trump,a move that Democratic leaders have long sought to fend off despite increasing agitation from a small faction of liberal members.

“I love my country,” Green wrote in a letter to colleagues on Tuesday. “For this reason, I will bring articles of impeachment to a vote in the House of Representatives.”

Under House procedures, lawmakers may offer “privileged” motions on impeachment, which means an individual member can force consideration of the subject. GOP leaders who control the House intend to vote to table it, an aide said. That would force Democrats, for the first time, to go on the record on a measure that would call for Trump's removal from office — and face awkward politics when many likely join Republicans to bury the measure without immediate consideration.

Only a handful of Democrats have called for Trump's impeachment and removal, while Democratic leaders have called such discussions premature. Green nearly forced an impeachment vote in October but pulled back amid pressure from Democratic leadership. Democratic Leader Nancy Pelosi has said she's opposed to pursuing impeachment and has complained about Democratic megadonor Tom Steyer’s ad calling for Trump’s impeachment.

In his impeachment resolution, Green argues that Trump’s conduct in office — while not criminal — amounts to a “high misdemeanor” that warrants removal from office. He also hits Trump’s handling of the white supremacists rallying in Charlottesville and his decision to share anti-Muslim videos from a fringe right-wing British group, saying they have linked his presidency with “white nationalism, Neo-Nazism and hate.”

Green also says Trump’s ban on travel from certain Muslim-majority countries, his attempt to ban transgender people from joining the military, his response to the hurricane in Puerto Rico and his Twitter attacks on Rep. Frederica Wilson (D-Fla.) amount to “inciting hatred and hostility.”

“The framers of the Constitution wanted a means to remove a president who had not committed a crime, but was causing harm to society,” he said in his letter. “In fact, impeachment, as prophetically defined by the framers of the Constitution, was designed for a time such as this and a president such as Trump.”

https://www.politico.com/story/2017/12/05/al-green-impeach-trump-house-vote-281132

QueEx

Rising Star
Super Moderator
GOP lawmakers introduce articles of impeachment against Rosenstein

On Wednesday, conservative Republican lawmakers, led by Reps. Mark Meadows of North Carolina and Jim Jordan of Ohio, introduced a resolution calling for the impeachment of Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein. On Twitter, Meadows accused the Department of Justice of hiding information from Congress and "defying multiple Congressional subpoenas. We have had enough." Congressional allies of President Trump have claimed Rosenstein is keeping documents from lawmakers and not being transparent about his handling of Special Counsel Robert Mueller's investigation. There will not be a vote on this before the House leaves for a five-week recess on Thursday.

Source: The Washington Post

MASTERBAKER

༺ S❤️PER❤️ ᗰOD ༻
Super Moderator
This day can't come soon enough...

38177032_2228339267259115_6164494614951624704_n.jpg

Evelyn Davis Damn I'm mad! This cover got me all excited over nothing. We're living in trying times. Please don't play with my emotions. That was the quickest high then low that I've ever experienced.
1f602.png
1f602.png
1f923.png
1f923.png
1f602.png
1f602.png
1f923.png
1f923.png

Manage

· Reply · 1d
View previous replies

Kevin Toler
That's funny, I knew it was too good to be true. Hey! Just the thought that it's not beyond the realm of possibility that this guy could be there for another 4.
1f641.png
1f912.png

Manage

· Reply · 1d · Edited
View more replies

Suzanna Birchwood
Frankly I check the news 4 times a day in the hope that the old goat has kicked it...one day soon
Manage

· Reply · 1d
View previous replies

Tina Karunaratne
Suzanna Birchwood sadly the "Good" die young right. This old FART will linger ti suffer in his deathbed.
Manage

· Reply · 1h

Ray Richardson
The crowd of people that shows up to watch and cheer him leaving will be something he can truly brag about.
Manage

· Reply · 1d
View previous replies

Ray Richardson
Maybe they should drive him to NYC, and let him board Marine One there.
NYC is more equipped to handle New Years Eve size crowds.
Manage

· Reply · 1d
View more replies

Bill Carroll
nonononono..........no climbing into a heli, but dressed in a suit colored to match his skin, with handcuffs on, getting into paddy wagon !
Manage

· Reply · 1d
29 Replies

Corinne Mallais
Please don't tease me like that! I have a bottle of champagne I keep chilled "just in case" and "when it happens"!
Manage

· Reply · 1d
View previous replies

Janet Ryan
My neighbors and I do too. We always say that it looks like it is getting closer.

MASTERBAKER

༺ S❤️PER❤️ ᗰOD ༻
Super Moderator
39891489_2156283871080620_8021786375235829760_n.jpg
39933114_10156374899265667_2679861972668776448_n.png

President Trump says his impeachment would 'crash' the economy
Jackson, USA TODAYPublished 7:23 a.m. ET Aug. 23, 2018 | Updated 11:44 a.m. ET Aug. 23, 2018
TWEETLINKEDIN 140COMMENTEMAILMORE
WASHINGTON – Raising the specter of removal from office, President Donald Trump says that impeachment would wreck the stock market and the economy because he is doing such a good job.

"I tell you what, if I ever got impeached, I think the market would crash, I think everybody would be very poor," Trump said in an interview that aired Thursday with "Fox & Friends."

Without his kind of "thinking," Trump said as he pointed to his head, "you would see numbers that you wouldn’t believe in reverse.”

Some congressional Democrats have raised impeachment after Trump's former attorney, Michael Cohen, implicated Trump this week in a felony: a scheme to pay hush money to women who claimed they had affairs with Trump, and to prevent them from going public during the 2016 presidential election.

More: Michael Cohen's plea deal exposes President Trump to legal, political trouble

More: Scandal: Cohen charge against Trump recalls Nixon and Watergate, Clinton and Lewinsky

More: Growing list of Trump associates and others accused or convicted of crimes

Trump is also part of special counsel Robert Mueller's investigation into Russian efforts to influence the 2016 election by hacking Democrats.

Learn the laws, steps and votes needed in the Presidential impeachment process. An earlier version of this video incorrectly identified one of the president’s who was impeached. USA TODAY

Additionally, the president is under investigation over allegations that he tried to obstruct the Russia probe through actions like firing FBI Director James Comey.

During his Fox interview, Trump denied wrongdoing and said the claims against him don't amount to "high crimes" necessary for impeachment.

"I don't know how you can impeach somebody who's done a great job," Trump said.

During the impeachment proceedings of President Bill Clinton, the stock market actually climbed.

Asked to grade his presidency, Trump said during the interview that he would give himself an "A-plus," and that the only thing he is doing badly is "the press doesn't cover me fairly."
:thefinger: