TV Discussion: New series by Donald Glover - Atlanta UPDATE: FINAL 4th Season Sept 2022!

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I planned on checking this out, but forgot about it. I'm not from Atlanta or from the south. I'm a fan of Donald Glover and I want to support this black TV. Can someone who knows absolutely nothing about Atlanta enjoy the show?

yup

that is EXACTLY what GOOD entertainment (music, TV, film, etc) is SUPPOSED to do.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Bruh I got detained in Clayco and when I tell you I was there just like him for damn near 17 hours, I was beggin to be put in a cell so i could got to sleep.

You ever been to Atlanta JamesATL? :lol: You can throw a rock and hit a rapper, the show fits it perfect.

And if you was actually paying attention, the first two episodes had nothing to do with rap, "rap" is just the catalyst to propel the story forward.

true

but he was VERY selective on the sounds and music he DID select

OJ the Juice Man, Rich Boy

and the beats cadence accents and rhythms of the line delivery

that was hip hop as hell

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I was a little surprised that FX let the language get THAT colorful...I've heard like ONE f*ck in a show the entire season usually but it was littered throughout.
Happy they letting Donald present it as he wants.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Am I the only one who thought that was the most graphic realistic gut punch and visceral depiction on police violence without really showing anything in recent TV ?

If any white OR Black person sees that...and still claims to NOT understand Kaep and Black Lives Matter?

Serve them a nice cool cup of toilet water.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Zazie-Beetz-Feet-2388464.jpg

http://www.bgol.us/forum/index.php?threads/my-new-internet-crush-zazie-beetz-atlanta.913014/

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
Bruh I got detained in Clayco and when I tell you I was there just like him for damn near 17 hours, I was beggin to be put in a cell so i could got to sleep.

Man that shit is wild.... This is the part of jail that you rarely see on TV. That scene was 150% true.

Another scene that I thought was true was the bus scene. Weird shit like be going on in the bus too. Nigga just trying to mind his business and there is always that one Kat that feels like he has to talk to you.

Even the random dude eating a sandwich... Typically they are also homeless.

I'm freaking loving this show... It's like watching how I grew up.

crazyace718

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Am I the only one who thought that was the most graphic realistic gut punch and visceral depiction on police violence without really showing anything in recent TV ?

If any white OR Black person sees that...and still claims to NOT understand Kaep and Black Lives Matter?

Serve them a nice cool cup of toilet water.
The fuck are you talking about? He spit the toilet water on the cop for no reason. All the officer did was go up to him and say hi how are you doing these days. If someone spits on me you or damn near anybody bad things are going to happen. You think someone stops being a man because they put a badge on?
The cop that got spit on hit him with the stick once then the other officers held him down to be cuffed, not 1 punch thrown after.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
The fuck are you talking about? He spit the toilet water on the cop for no reason. All the officer did was go up to him and say hi how are you doing these days. If someone spits on me you or damn near anybody bad things are going to happen. You think someone stops being a man because they put a badge on?
The cop that got spit on hit him with the stick once then the other officers held him down to be cuffed, not 1 punch thrown after.

that's what you saw?

EVERYONE knew he was mentally challenged

everyone.

Not only that they laughed at it knowing full well he shouldn't even be there. and SHOULD be in a REAL facility/hospital.

They laughed as he drank that water and didn't even try to stop him.

His mental issues was considered amusement for them.

And yes he did spit that that water, not in a malicious way

but in a playful confused seriously mentally unstable way...which that cop KNEW and found FUNNY till it wasn't.

And you think whipping out a niggabeater was the BEST way to handle that?

That is how they train these officers to react?

what you think he did with that stick?

Conduct a f*cking orchestra?

And you didn't HEAR the punches landing as they piled on him.

wait wait

I'm sorry you trying to troll forgvie me

my bad

where this block function at anyway?

crazyace718

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
that's what you saw?

EVERYONE knew he was mentally challenged

everyone.

Not only that they laughed at it knowing full well he shouldn't even be there. and SHOULD be in a REAL facility/hospital.

They laughed as he drank that water and didn't even try to stop him.

His mental issues was considered amusement for them.

And yes he did spit that that water, not in a malicious way

but in a playful confused seriously mentally unstable way...which that cop KNEW and found FUNNY till it wasn't.

And you think whipping out a niggabeater was the BEST way to handle that?

That is how they train these officers to react?

what you think he did with that stick?

Conduct a f*cking orchestra?

And you didn't HEAR the punches landing as they piled on him.

wait wait

I'm sorry you trying to troll forgvie me

my bad

where this block function at anyway?

You sound like a clown and you're reaching. Is it illegal to drink toilet water? Dude was well within his rights to drink whatever the fuck he wanted as long as it wasn't going to incapacitate him or kill him. And you're right EVERYONE in the room watched and went about their business.
You think someone is above an ass whooping because they are bugged out? So if a random disheveled homeless schizophrenic walks up to you and spits in your face you're going to hold it because they aren't well?
Conducting an orchestra? I stated myself that he hit dude with the stick one time, which I co sign then the officers restrained the guy. I know the actors didn't throw one punch. There was not a single punch sound effect.

The whole point of the scene went over your head. There need to be more mental health facilities to put those people in so they won't have to be in jail. Unfortunately most states aren't interested in getting these people help or forcing them to take meds.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
You sound like a clown and you're reaching. Is it illegal to drink toilet water? Dude was well within his rights to drink whatever the fuck he wanted as long as it wasn't going to incapacitate him or kill him. And you're right EVERYONE in the room watched and went about their business.
You think someone is above an ass whooping because they are bugged out? So if a random disheveled homeless schizophrenic walks up to you and spits in your face you're going to hold it because they aren't well?
Conducting an orchestra? I stated myself that he hit dude with the stick one time, which I co sign then the officers restrained the guy. I know the actors didn't throw one punch. There was not a single punch sound effect.

The whole point of the scene went over your head. There need to be more mental health facilities to put those people in so they won't have to be in jail. Unfortunately most states aren't interested in getting these people help or forcing them to take meds.

who said it was ILLEGAL to drink toilet water?

what it does say is he is disturbed and needs help and they COULD have stopped him to PROTECT him from himself.

Aint that what cops claim all the time when they RESTRAIN someone?

like on Staten Island?

I said they obviously saw he had issues and did NOTHING...

what went over YOUR head is that a TRAINED professional law enforcement officer is supposed be a peace keeper.

DAMN RIGHT he supposed to restrain himself.

and MANY do I've worked in homeless shelters before and seen this and WORSE.

That is NOT how you handle that.

and in my interpretation of that scene and the looks on the faces and the sounds I heard?

they beat him.

But that's easy to solve

find the scene in post it or just take a poll of people who saw the episode and ask them.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
That would have been a major role for him. Who is the next Spider-Man? Is it a younger actor now after Andrew Garfield had the role?