Chess Players-ARE THERE ANY LEFT ON BGOL?

ZuluSam

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Damn. Didn't know we were still active. Is there enough interest of a tournament. If so I will set one up.

We need five names. Drop your user name if you are interested.

Leeeeeee

ZuluSam

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Sorry guys, didn't check back until today...glad to see the interest. I just sent invites, but if you didn't get one, please drop your chess.com name.....

Sankofa =
Osca Lee =

I only did 5 so first five and it starts....

ZuluSam

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Invites sent to Sankofa and Kdilla. One needed to kick the tournament off. First to sign up is in. Glad to see a renewed interest, I will make space for more folk next time.

ZuluSam

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Dilla100

HunterofKings

Where ya'll at...we need one more

If anyone else is interested, drop you chess.com user name for an immediate invite...

raze

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
tumblr_o6y37rdM8b1rf73xqo1_500.png

ZuluSam

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I will give it three more hours and if no one else signs up, i will force start with 4 participants

ansatsusha_gouki

Land of the Heartless
Platinum Member
You're usually the first one to solve the puzzles, so you obviously have good tactical vision. Maybe you should focus more on your middle game, developing a plan.

I need to get back to my attack mentality,because I'm doing stuff I don't usually do like being defensive :smh:

It don't help that I don't play chess like I used to..

raze

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Play Chess With A Pro Football Player

https://www.chess.com/article/view/play-chess-with-a-pro-football-player-1

Chess.com will host its first pro-am vote-chess event next month, pairing the Baltimore Ravens guard and chess enthusiast
John Urschel with International Master Danny Rensch to take on the world over the 64 squares.

Any Chess.com member can register to vote and play in the game. The match will begin on June 1 as the next game in the popular "master-vs-many" vote chess series.

With one day to move, Urschel and Rensch will collaborate, recording their thoughts and publishing the videos to Chess.com's YouTube.

Urschel will have the final say on which move is played, with IM Rensch serving mainly as an advisor on the NFL player's strategy and chess thought process.

phpvamyYk.jpeg

Urschel via his interview for SIkids.com. Photo credit: Steve Boyle for Sports Illustrated.

"I learned to play chess in NFL training camp, but I never thought my love for the game would take me this far," Urschel told Chess.com in the lead-up to the game. "I love chess, use Chess.com every day, and my girlfriend and I watch ChessCenter every week," said Urschel.

php8fTs1w.jpeg

Urschel via Wikipedia: His jersey number 64 is appropriate for a chess player.

Once the game begins, Urschel and Rensch plan to release an in-depth video every five moves, reviewing all that happened in the game and laying the groundwork for Urschel (hopefully) to execute a solid plan.

Rensch will provide instructive feedback (along with his usual brand of hilarious criticism) for Urschel, who said that he preferred the "r-rated version" of Rensch's commentary and teaching style.

"I really want to get better," said Urschel. "So let me have it!"

Rensch will draw upon his experience in the master-vs-many format to provide insight to Urschel. Here's the first game between Daniel Rensch and the world:

A well-known chess enthusiast, Urschel regularly tweets his favorite interesting chess puzzles.

Urschel is famous for his outspokenness on the importance of mathematics and his wish that young athletes don't allow themselves to be one-dimensional in their approach to life. Urschel urges young athletes to excel both in the classroom and on the field.

Urschel himself exemplified success in both areas. In 2015, Urschel appeared in all 16 NFL games for the Ravens, and found time to publish an article in the Journal of Computational Mathematics: "A Cascadic Multigrid Algorithm for Computing the Fiedler Vector of Graph Laplacians."

phpHOe7PX.jpeg

Do you think you can take on such a dedicated athlete and scholar?

Sign up to play now, and remember to comment and vote for your favorite move every day starting June 1.

ZuluSam

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Next tournament will not allow vacation. If you fail to make a move in the alloted time, you will lose. Panther...you have until morning to return or I am pulling the plug on your ass. You are holding up the finish of the tournament with your on vacation ass.....Morning patna...

ZuluSam

Rising Star
Platinum Member
going to set up another tournament
i am not allowed to with Panther because he has unfinished games
we are at his mercy until he finishes

the next tournament will be a no vacation tournament

ZuluSam

Rising Star
Platinum Member
We need 2 players to kick it off.

If you don't see an invite on Chess.com, drop your username and I will send on asap.

ansatsusha_gouki

Land of the Heartless
Platinum Member

Play Chess With A Pro Football Player

https://www.chess.com/article/view/play-chess-with-a-pro-football-player-1

Chess.com will host its first pro-am vote-chess event next month, pairing the Baltimore Ravens guard and chess enthusiast
John Urschel with International Master Danny Rensch to take on the world over the 64 squares.

Any Chess.com member can register to vote and play in the game. The match will begin on June 1 as the next game in the popular "master-vs-many" vote chess series.

With one day to move, Urschel and Rensch will collaborate, recording their thoughts and publishing the videos to Chess.com's YouTube.

Urschel will have the final say on which move is played, with IM Rensch serving mainly as an advisor on the NFL player's strategy and chess thought process.

phpvamyYk.jpeg

Urschel via his interview for SIkids.com. Photo credit: Steve Boyle for Sports Illustrated.

"I learned to play chess in NFL training camp, but I never thought my love for the game would take me this far," Urschel told Chess.com in the lead-up to the game. "I love chess, use Chess.com every day, and my girlfriend and I watch ChessCenter every week," said Urschel.

php8fTs1w.jpeg

Urschel via Wikipedia: His jersey number 64 is appropriate for a chess player.

Once the game begins, Urschel and Rensch plan to release an in-depth video every five moves, reviewing all that happened in the game and laying the groundwork for Urschel (hopefully) to execute a solid plan.

Rensch will provide instructive feedback (along with his usual brand of hilarious criticism) for Urschel, who said that he preferred the "r-rated version" of Rensch's commentary and teaching style.

"I really want to get better," said Urschel. "So let me have it!"

Rensch will draw upon his experience in the master-vs-many format to provide insight to Urschel. Here's the first game between Daniel Rensch and the world:

A well-known chess enthusiast, Urschel regularly tweets his favorite interesting chess puzzles.

Urschel is famous for his outspokenness on the importance of mathematics and his wish that young athletes don't allow themselves to be one-dimensional in their approach to life. Urschel urges young athletes to excel both in the classroom and on the field.

Urschel himself exemplified success in both areas. In 2015, Urschel appeared in all 16 NFL games for the Ravens, and found time to publish an article in the Journal of Computational Mathematics: "A Cascadic Multigrid Algorithm for Computing the Fiedler Vector of Graph Laplacians."

phpHOe7PX.jpeg

Do you think you can take on such a dedicated athlete and scholar?

Sign up to play now, and remember to comment and vote for your favorite move every day starting June 1.

I know you wanna join...I won't rest until I win a game against you :lol:

Puzzle:

Rb7
Kc8
Rb5
promotion- Qc1
Rc5
Qc5-stalemate

bold is the black pieces

ZuluSam

Rising Star
Platinum Member
We only need one player, but I am not waiting all day. I will force start in ten minutes.

raze

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
http://www.techinsider.io/chess-board-in-captain-america-civil-war-2016-5

They set up the chess board wrong in 'Captain America: Civil War'

"Captain America: Civil War" is a masterfully rendered and edited $250 million movie, but the production team might have put a little more thought into the chess pieces.

A chess board in the Avengers Tower, which appears in multiple scenes, has the pieces set up wrong.

As you can see in the still below, the board has a white square in the back left corner. Anyone who knows how to play chess will tell you, there should be a black square in the back left corner.
captain-america-civil-war-stills-black-widow-vision-scarlet-witch.jpg
Marvel via @airungarky

Here's a closer look:
chesscaptain-america-civil-war-stills-black-widow-vision-scarlet-witch.jpg
Marvel via @airungarky

Here's how you're supposed to set up a chess board:

magnus%20carlsen%20chess.jpg
Oli Scarff/Getty Images

Panther81

Support BGOL
Registered
Next tournament will not allow vacation. If you fail to make a move in the alloted time, you will lose. Panther...you have until morning to return or I am pulling the plug on your ass. You are holding up the finish of the tournament with your on vacation ass.....Morning patna...

Sorry, for holding the tournament up... I need more practice.