Chess Players-ARE THERE ANY LEFT ON BGOL?

raze

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

giphy.gif

II Dxnum

Rising Star
Registered
Attack the white king by moving the rook to F4, white king can only move to H3, slide rook over to H4, checkmate.

kp78

Star
BGOL Investor
Christmas tournament time if I can get some interest. Seems they are all gone except one or two. Drop a post to show interest.

If we can get five or six like the days of yore, I will post up a tournament.

DROP YOUR BGOL CHESS NAME FOR AN INVITE...LET'S GET IT CRACKING
sign me up

ansatsusha_gouki

Land of the Heartless
Platinum Member
This has been driving me crazy. Not confident about my solution.

1. Rf8-h8 Rg3-h3
2. Rh8-h4+ h3xh4
3. Qe8xh4++

Nope....but you do make a took move first though.....I got the first move right but was stuck on the last two moves when I first saw it...

ansatsusha_gouki

Land of the Heartless
Platinum Member
1-Chess-Board.png

White's move and win...There are two ways white can win.

Checkmate in 2

This was taken from the 2016 World Chess Championship. I actually watched the match at the time.

If,@raze haven't solve the other one it by 10 PM EST Ill give the solution...This one is pretty easy because it's something I would do...lol

ansatsusha_gouki

Land of the Heartless
Platinum Member

I didn't know,you wrote me after our match.

I decided to break out the Bird's Opening,since I haven't played it for almost 7 years....I'm trying to find more attacking openings,since that's more of my style.

I need to work on my endings and strategy though. Ill have a winning position and fuck that up or the person defends well and I can't get through....:(

ZuluSam

Rising Star
Platinum Member

I decided to break out the Bird's Opening,since I haven't played it for almost 7 years....I'm trying to find more attacking openings,since that's more of my style.

I need to work on my endings and strategy though. Ill have a winning position and fuck that up or the person defends well and I can't get through....:(

Yep.

:gun03:

raze

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

You don't always have to go for the kill. If there isn't anything to attack, just develop your pieces and try to control the center. Sometimes all you need is a better pawn structure or slight material advantage then wear your opponent down.

ansatsusha_gouki

Land of the Heartless
Platinum Member
You don't always have to go for the kill. If there isn't anything to attack, just develop your pieces and try to control the center. Sometimes all you need is a better pawn structure or slight material advantage then wear your opponent down.

It's mostly at the end that I can't break through when someone defends well. Like this game.

I do good when it comes to tactics but I'm below average when it comes to strategy. That's ,why I try to do chess puzzles to help me with that part of my game.

https://www.chess.com/daily/game/204652568

One more month til the World Chess Championship.....:hellyea: