Chess Players-ARE THERE ANY LEFT ON BGOL?

ZuluSam

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Christmas tournament time if I can get some interest. Seems they are all gone except one or two. Drop a post to show interest.

If we can get five or six like the days of yore, I will post up a tournament.

DROP YOUR BGOL CHESS NAME FOR AN INVITE...LET'S GET IT CRACKING

Last edited:

ZuluSam

Rising Star
Platinum Member
drop your chess.com name and i will set it up when we get 5.....

glad to see ya'll still here

ZuluSam

Rising Star
Platinum Member
The following have been invited:

first five and it's on

if your name isn't on the list, drop it here....i invited all BGOL group members who have been active this month on chess.com

Ansatsusha80, OldManMinerva, Temujin18, ScorpDiesel, Oskie-BGOL, Kingnappa, JaiSmooth, HunterOfKings

RepostKing

Back up Modrator
Registered
i played in so many tournaments when i lived in Zurich. Came back to NY and was kicking ass down in the village off west 4th. Learn chess, you have better chances to succeed in life.

raze

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I wish I knew how to play.

I learned as a kid, but only had a basic understanding because I hated reading instructional books full of chess notation. But I fell back into it after discovering all the chess videos on youtube.

That should give you a good start. It's not a tough game to learn, but it is difficult to master.

BTW, anyone know if there's a chess addon for Xenforo?

furlough

I want my daddy's records!
Platinum Member

I learned as a kid, but only had a basic understanding because I hated reading instructional books full of chess notation. But I fell back into it after discovering all the chess videos on youtube.

That should give you a good start. It's not a tough game to learn, but it is difficult to master.

BTW, anyone know if there's a chess addon for Xenforo?

thanks

will check later

raze

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
If anyone's interested, here's a good puzzle for beginners...

tumblr_nrl35gSN4T1rkoxa0o1_1280.jpg

It's White turn to move. What should he do?

raze

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Move the white knight and put the black King in check mate

Ne7 is chessmate
1hxlzm.jpg

You guys got it. The bishop and knight are working together, eliminating safe squares for the Black King, creating checkmate.

I don't know if it puts him in CM but it puts white in position to capture the queen.

This kind of puzzle can be tricky because taking the Queen seems like a good move. Under most circumstances it would be, except when you have an opportunity to checkmate the king. Always look for the checkmate first.

ansatsusha_gouki

Land of the Heartless
Platinum Member
For anyone wondering,how I got Ne7

This is a chess board notation...All professional and amateur chess players use it to look over their opponent past games and come up a way to counter their moves,before playing them.

annotated-chess_algebraic_naming-squares.gif

K=King
N= Knight
Q=Queen
B=Bishop
R=Rook
P=Pawn

You guys got it. The bishop and knight are working together, eliminating safe squares for the Black King, creating checkmate.

I don't play chess that much,but I still do alot of chess puzzles

Notorious P.I.M.P.

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Man chess is hard as fuck. :smh:

I only know the basics like what pieces can move where. Except for castling I think it's called. I don't fully understand that yet.

Tdot_firestarta

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
yeah I learned the basics as a kid but never learned or had the opportunity to play with anybody else. Always wanted to learn

shit didn't notice Raze's post up above...thanks fam..will definitely check those videos

ansatsusha_gouki

Land of the Heartless
Platinum Member
Man chess is hard as fuck. :smh:

I only know the basics like what pieces can move where. Except for castling I think it's called. I don't fully understand that yet.

yeah I learned the basics as a kid but never learned or had the opportunity to play with anybody else. Always wanted to learn

shit didn't notice Raze's post up above...thanks fam..will definitely check those videos

The best way to learn chess is to watch people analyze professional chess games on youtube,especially Grandmaster games....That's how I did it and got better when I didn't know the tactics and strategies of chess

Here is the original chess thread that was made a long time ago

http://www.bgol.us/forum/index.php?...s-players-step-up.412609/page-25#post-7751404

chess.com has a section that has professional chess players helping players how to step their game up.....The site also has a youtube channel that puts out some free stuff on their also.