Donald Trump urges ban on Muslims coming to US

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member
Donald Trump urges ban on Muslims coming to US

Media captionDonald Trump said he was calling for ''a total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the United States''
Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump has called for a halt to Muslims entering the US, in the wake of the deadly California shootings.

In a campaign statement, he said a "total and complete" shutdown should remain until the US authorities "can figure out" Muslim attitudes to the US.

At a rally in South Carolina hours later, frontrunner Mr Trump repeated the pledge, to loud cheers.

Criticism from the White House and other Republicans was swift.

Mr Trump's comments were contrary to US values and its national security interests, a statement from the White House said.

Republican Jeb Bush, also running for president, said the New York businessman was "unhinged".

Mr Trump's statement was delivered as the US comes to term with its deadliest terror attack since 9/11.

Last week a Muslim couple, believed to have been radicalised, opened fire and killed 14 people at a health centre in San Bernardino.

On Sunday, President Barack Obama made a rare Oval Office address in response to the attack and warned against the US falling prey to divisiveness.

Mr Trump's statement to reporters on Monday said polling by the Center for Security Policy, a conservative think-tank, indicated that 25% of Muslims in the US believed violence against America was justified.

"Without looking at the various polling data, it is obvious to anybody the hatred is beyond comprehension. Where this hatred comes from and why, we will have to determine.

"Until we are able to determine and understand this problem and the dangerous threat it poses, our country cannot be the victims of horrendous attacks by people that believe only in Jihad, and have no sense of reason or respect for human life."

Analysis - Anthony Zurcher, BBC News, Washington
Again and again during his campaign, Donald Trump has grabbed the Republican Party by the neck and dragged it to the anti-immigration, nativist right.

With his call for a halt to all Muslim entry into the US - reportedly even for simple tourism - he has set down yet another marker that will force his fellow candidates to stand with him or risk his dismissive ire.

Mr Trump was ridiculed when he launched his White House bid by accusing Mexico of sending its "rapists and criminals" into the US, and yet the New Yorker shot up in the polls.

He was denounced after suggesting that some mosques should be closed and Muslims in the US monitored, but he solidified his status as the party's frontrunner. In the end his hardline positions became largely accepted, if not embraced, by his fellow candidates.

Now he is being roundly condemned for his border-closing proposal. Will this finally be a bridge too far? Perhaps. Early reports, however, show his supporters welcoming this latest pronouncement. Such is the state of the 2016 presidential campaign season so far.

Image copyright AFP
Image caption Protesters support Trump's stance against Muslim refugees
When asked by The Hill if that included Muslim Americans who may currently be abroad, his spokeswoman said: "Mr Trump says everyone."

The director of the Council on American Islamic Relations, Nihad Awad, said Mr Trump sounded like the leader of a lynch mob rather than a great nation.

Soon after his statement was released, Mr Trump's Republican rival Ben Carson called on all visitors to the US to "register and be monitored" during their stay.

But his spokesman added: "We do not and would not advocate being selective on one's religion."

Another Republican presidential hopeful, Senator Lindsey Graham, urged all those running to condemn Mr Trump's remarks, which they did.

Out on a limb - how other 2016 hopefuls reacted
Republicans:

• "ridiculous position" - New Jersey Governor Chris Christie
  • "dangerous overreaction" - businesswoman Carly Fiorina
  • "offensive and outlandish" - Florida Senator Marco Rubio
  • "unhinged" - ex-Florida Governor Jeb Bush
  • "outrageous divisiveness" - Ohio Governor John Kasich
  • "downright dangerous" - S Carolina Senator Lindsey Graham
  • "not my policy" - Texas Senator Ted Cruz
Democrats:

• "a fascist demagogue" - ex-Maryland Governor Martin O'Malley
  • "reprehensible, prejudiced and divisive" - Hillary Clinton
  • "demagogue" - Vermont Senator Bernie Sanders

lazarus

waking people up
BGOL Investor
lol you'll see a mass exodus of black folks into Canada, the Caribbean, and other places if he is elected and reflects the values of the masses.

Not likely though.

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member
Gift that keeps giving::::

TRUMP DEFENDS BARRING MUSLIMS FROM US
Republican presidential front-runner Donald Trump tonight defended his latest controversial proposal to bar Muslims from entering the United States, drawing cheers at a rally when he said "we have no idea if they love us or hate us."

"We're out of control; we have no idea who is coming into our country," Trump said at the rally in South Carolina. "I want ISIS to surrender."

Trump said he watched President Obama's address to the nation Sunday night and said the president appeared "he didn't know why he was there. He refuses to use the term 'radical Islamic terrorism.' He refuses to use the term. I don't even know if he knows what the hell is going on."

In a statement released earlier today, Trump called for a "total and complete shutdown" ofMuslims entering the United States until "our country's representatives can figure out what is going on."

Reading from the statement tonight at a rally aboard the USS Yorktown in Mount Pleasant, South Carolina, Trump said, "Without looking at the various polling data, it is obvious to anybody the hatred is beyond comprehension. Where this hatred comes from and why we will have to determine. Until we are able to determine and understand this problem and the dangerous threat it poses, our country cannot be the victims of horrendous attacks by people that believe only in Jihad, and have no sense of reason or respect for human life."

When asked earlier today which Muslims would be banned from entering, Trump's campaign manager Corey Lewandowki told ABC News "the ban applies to everyone."

Trump had also tweeted before the rally:

First-time Trump rally attendee Chris Posa tonight said "at this point I kind of agree with it. We got problems, we have to be vigilant."

Trump also encouraged his supporters not to "worry about profiling."

"When we see violations, you have to report those violations, and quickly," he told them tonight. "Don't worry about profiling. I promise I will defend you from profiling. I promise."

Afterward, JoAnn Waller, a supporter who has attended a Trump rally in the past, pointed to recent terrorism, saying "I liked what he said about Muslims. It's not that I'm against Muslims; I think it's important to get control and understand what is going on."

Mackie Moore, who is not a Trump supporter but attended tonight because her children would get school extra credit for attending a political rally, said "I don't believe 25 percent of Muslims want to see us dead. It was a little scary to me that you could classify one group with a blanket statement. That really is scary to me."

TheFuser

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
and people will still show up at his rallies in droves. Trump is the proof that there are still millions of people who think exactly like him. His audience are the same gun toting, don't tread on me and my rights as constitution defenders, who can't wait to take the rights away from others.

TheFuser

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
This is how Hitler begun

actually, Hitler was a lot more covert with his shit at this stage in his political career. He waited until he became Chancellor before he really put his anti-jew shit into place. Trump is telling us ahead of time what the deal is. Meanwhile, his followers believe Obama is the closest thing to Hitler since...

4 Dimensional

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Electoral college will not have it. Repubs let this dude come run the party and going to lose because of it. No way that dude gets in office.

Nzinga

Lover of Africa
BGOL Investor
actually, Hitler was a lot more covert with his shit at this stage in his political career. He waited until he became Chancellor before he really put his anti-jew shit into place. Trump is telling us ahead of time what the deal is. Meanwhile, his followers believe Obama is the closest thing to Hitler since...
This is not true; Please read about Hitler's association with Anton Drexler, especially
the fateful first meeting when Hitler was sent to attend a meeting of the fledgling
little party that became the Nazi party by the German army

220px-Anton_Drexler.jpg

Last edited:

Mt Airy Groove

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
sometimes I think that Trump is a plant from the Clintons. if he wins the republican primary, Hillary will easily destroy him in any debate and have a cake walk to the white house.

TheFuser

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
This is not true; Please read about Hitler's association with Anton Drexler, especially
the fateful first meeting when Hitler was sent to attend a meeting of the fledgling

220px-Anton_Drexler.jpg

I think you're missing what I'm saying. Or perhaps I'm not articulating it well enough. I'm well versed in the rise of the Nazi party, from pre-brown shirt days, to the Night of the Long Knives, into the 1940s. Maybe because Trump has a bigger platform, but his shit is on FRONT STREET. Clearly Hitler had his thoughts and spoke his thoughts to people, but this shit is on another fucking level with Trump. Good thing for us, Trump isn't as good of a strategist as Hitler was. Or is he....

TheFuser

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

220px-Anton_Drexler.jpg

You may find this interesting... and his answer... Start at 4:15

DJCandle

BGOL Investor
I would seriously move if this fucker became POTUS...

You realize that this is the very country that elected Ronald Reagan, the ACTOR, for President and gave him two terms...

Trump getting nominated for POTUS is realer than many think.

Dr. Truth

GOD to all Women
BGOL Investor
You realize that this is the very country that elected Ronald Reagan, the ACTOR, for President and gave him two terms...

He was governor of California before president.

Fred G.

Star
Registered
All seriousness. Donald Trump being president is not going to be that much different than Obama being president. White folks still going to be racist, the west is still going to kill the good leaders in Africa, Israel still gonna get those billions, innocent Muslims still gonna get bombed, blacks still gonna get shot by police and no one will give a fuck. Hollywood won't change. The news media either. It'll be the same shit.

There's no need to move. You are living under the same type of rule. Donald Trump is a just bit more open about his racism.

dHustla

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Without reading the whole OP ....
The problem with people like Trump is the entitlement. They think this country BELONGS to them, and them only.

Nevermind it was stolen, nevermind that it was founded on the backs & lives of stolen people and stolen wealth, nevermind that the country itself steals from its citizens.
I guess they feel like the stole it fair & square, and NOONE BUT THEM should enjoy it's benefits.

I ain't even address the fact that this country was initially supposed to be a place where people could escape religious persecution. Or the fact that NOT ALL MUSLIMS ARE TERRORISTS!

Drayonis

Thedogyears.com
BGOL Investor

He was governor of California before president.

boom^ He was a shitty governor (Who quickly enacted strict open carry laws because of the Black Panthers)...

Dr. Truth

GOD to all Women
BGOL Investor
All seriousness. Donald Trump being president is not going to be that much different than Obama being president. White folks still going to be racist, the west is still going to kill the good leaders in Africa, Israel still gonna get those billions, innocent Muslims still gonna get bombed, blacks still gonna get shot by police and no one will give a fuck. Hollywood won't change. The news media either. It'll be the same shit.

There's no need to move. You are living under the same type of rule. Donald Trump is a just bit more open about his racism.
Wrong

BlkStrength

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
He is expressing exactly how these racist teapartiers think. The problem is, there is not enough supporters like this to win the national election.

tonescrilla

Rising Star
Platinum Member
CACs never cease to amaze. I kind of want this trump thing to pick up steam so that his supporters can work themselves into a frenzy and continue to use social media to say more racist shit. I want them to continue to paint themselves into a corner. The main thing that concerns me is that this country has been ran by racist assholes like him for the majority of its existence and his election may lead to a sharp return to the segregation era. He has already said that he is ok with building interment camps...I wouldn't be surprised if he tried to bring back slavery tbh

silentking

Occasional Superstar **
Registered
Being that the overwhelming majority of mass shootings are done by white males....I propose a ban on CACs.