CREED- Micheal B Jordan rocky flick trailer

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I wonder if creed has got money since he father was rich or is he some poor dude looking for a come up...

I was kinda hoping he was rich and arrogant like his father.

LSN

Phat booty lover.
BGOL Investor
I wonder if creed has got money since he father was rich or is he some poor dude looking for a come up...

seems he @ least middle of the road if not well-off...the part w/ "avon" talking to him implying he's not as hungry as the other boxers as if everything's been handed to him...just a guess tho...on another note did wallace and avon ever share time on the screen while doing the wire? I don't think they have...just find it ironic they did what? maybe a whole season together and this the first time I recall them on screen and shit lol

the13thround

Rising Star
Platinum Member

I think he said in the trailer that he wanted nothing to do with his dad?
Whatever the case, Apollo was arrogant, but he was a good dude, loyal, and dedicated to his craft.
From the trailer it looks like he got that from his daddy.
I'm intrigued.
I'd support this over Southpaw.

CptMARVEL

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Yeah; I've been waiting for this project ever since I heard about it last year. Needless to say, I'm gonna see this...:popcorn:

CptMARVEL

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

It's also very possible he's a child Apollo had out of wedlock. 'Cuz judging by his less than loving tone when Apollo is mentioned, it looks like he didn't know him very well before his death... :dunno:

Liquid7

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
We need to support...I get excited seeing quality black films..This looks promising...:cool:

mexico

Rising Star
Registered
:bravo: I'm seeing this on opening weekend on GP.

Who knew that Wallace would wind up having the best career out of the young pups on The Wire.

Props to Ryan Coolger and props to Stallone, and MGM for getting behind this. Usually the major studios do everything they can to avoid dramas like this with black leads.

Naha-Nago

Rising Star
Registered
Will check out.

DO NOT LIKE THEM INSINUATING THAT CREED WAS A PIECE OF SHIT FATHER AS THE ORIGIN STORY THOUGH....:angry:

* two cents *

Last edited:

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
Will check out.

DO NOT LIKE THEM INSINUATING THAT CREED WAS A PIECE OF SHIT FATHER AS THE ORIGIN STORY THOUGH....:angry:

* two cents *

i didn't take it like that. creed died in the ring he had young kids who probably don't even remember him and remember the whole beginning is about him always carrying his father's name.. so.. i didn't take it like that at all.

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Will check out.

* two cents *

unless this is a period piece meaning set in some past time..jordan's character looks too young to have been anymore more than a baby when apollo got killed. Maybe he's angry that his fathers arrogance and need to box caused him to be in a situation where he could get killed...remember by rocky 4 (drago) apollo didn't have to fight anymore he wanted to. Maybe creed is angry that his father's not there when he needed him as a kid.

its not unusual that a son who resents his father ends up doing the exact same thing his father did...look at Obama who clearly has daddy issues.

Obama met his father once maybe twice in life as a child..the only gift his father gave him when they did meet was a basketball and obama played basketball almost religiously..

Obama Sr went to Harvard Obama jr went to Harvard
Obama sr was politically driven..Obama jr is politically driven
Obama sr went to go back to Kenya to be a leader of his country..Obama jr..well you know..

Obama jr wrote two books focusing on the man he met once maybe twice.

Damn near everything Barack has done in his life seems to be a simultaneous want to be like his father yet BETTER than his father..sort of HEY DAD LOOK AT ME!! OH AND FUCK YOU!

I hope Stallone can pull off that kind of inner conflict with Creed.

Mentor B

"All literature is protest."
Registered
For the true boxing fans, I see Gabriel Rosado had a cameo in there as Creed's opponent. I really Michael B. Jordan as an actor, too, so I'm already sold on this.

I'll be in the theater supporting.

Amajorfucup

Rising Star
Platinum Member
It's also very possible he's a child Apollo had out of wedlock. 'Cuz judging by his less than loving tone when Apollo is mentioned, it looks like he didn't know him very well before his death... :dunno:
Probably a side piece baby dealing with all that goes along with that. Tho i dont like th eidea of Clair Huxtable being a anyones sidepiece...:angry:

Im curious as to how they will play with the timeline to make the numbers work. Apollo was already dead by time a kid his age would have been born.

Will check out.

* two cents *
Likewise. Not sure thats the case though. If it is, im not surprised considering he and Stallone fell out majorly over money/compensation issues.

Oh, and Lupe went classic Lupe on that song too. :yes:

brickwall92

Rising Star
Registered
They can easily make creed Apollos son following the time line Apollo died... in the movies

In Rocky 4 which came out in 85....

Micheal B Jordan was born in 87

make him two years older... from out of wedlock

If cats can play younger people... they can play older ones too...

LSN

Phat booty lover.
BGOL Investor
where's this out-of-wedlock and deadbeat dad shit coming from?

Amajorfucup

Rising Star
Platinum Member
coogler and jordan are this generations scorsese and deniro im calling it now.
Dam. I didnt release he directed this. Impressive.

They can easily make creed Apollos son following the time line Apollo died... in the movies

In Rocky 4 which came out in 85....

Micheal B Jordan was born in 87

make him two years older... from out of wedlock

If cats can play younger people... they can play older ones too...
Man a few years in boxing is significant. A 30 year old boxer cutting his teeth is a hard sale. He needs to be mid 20s tops for aesthetics. They gonna have to play with the timeline to keep this realistic as possible. Place the film in 2010 with the mom being pregnant when Apollo died.

where's this out-of-wedlock and deadbeat dad shit coming from?
Apollo had a wife in the original films. It wasnt Phylicia Rashard. When Apollo is mentioned in the clip the kid seems pissed. When Rocky and the kid meet, Rocky doesnt know who the fuck he is (Rock and Apollo were tight as fuck as were their families). Reasonable deduction.