Registered

B3zNnDKIQAAoa8H.jpg

10483519_605047346278203_55583155_n.jpg

10554038_356501564497987_594707000_n.jpg

10731609_1494699397448776_2030568769_n.jpg

1169912_458252810963511_2025778026_n.jpg

10817634_613446888781311_284914110_n.jpg

10535013_1447232032216399_1692140385_n.jpg

She's pretty but she looks way better in these pics.

blackman80

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
That was good mid season finale of the Flash!!...:yes::yes:..i kinda knew that Dr Wells was the Reverse Flash but some of things as the end threw me off??...but i can't wait for the show comes back on in Jan..:yes::yes:

stretchwallz

Superstar ***
BGOL Legend
That was good mid season finale of the Flash!!...:yes::yes:..i kinda knew that Dr Wells was the Reverse Flash but some of things as the end threw me off??...but i can't wait for the show comes back on in Jan..:yes::yes:

I don't think wells is reverse flash, I think he's related to him and is from the future.

Barry and reverse flash were present when his mom was murdered. Time travel is involved

Drayonis

Thedogyears.com
BGOL Investor

He keeps asking Barry to run. I think he's absorbing the flashes powers and powering the reverse flashes suit.

keone

WORLD WAR K aka Sensei ALMONDZ
International Member
Yo Gouki this goes hard. Lol firedude flying away this show is good.

chrislee

Rising Star
Super Moderator
One of the possibilities that I've seen people saying is that Well's is actually Barry from the future. Trying to insure Barry becomes faster to stop the crisis in the future.

Eddie Thane (Isis boyfriend) is the person who becomes Reverse Flash. It's two obvious for Well's to be RF when they've been stirring viewers in that way since the first episode.

Majestic

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
One of the possibilities that I've seen people saying is that Well's is actually Barry from the future. Trying to insure Barry becomes faster to stop the crisis in the future.

Eddie Thane (Isis boyfriend) is the person who becomes Reverse Flash. It's two obvious for Well's to be RF when they've been stirring viewers in that way since the first episode.

Damn I can actually see that happening...

keone

WORLD WAR K aka Sensei ALMONDZ
International Member

and RF kills isis too

CptMARVEL

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

I doubt that but it's along the lines of a theory that supports the comic version of Reverse Flash.

I believe Wells is Eddie from the future who's come back to wreck havoc in Barry's life. I believe in the future Eddie wanted to be a hero (like Barry) and originally came back to be a cop and work with Barry. But somewhere along the way, he forgets his purpose, loses his girl (Iris), loses his job, and finally his mind and he'll blame Barry Allen.

In the comics; Eobard Thawne had plastic surgery to make himself look like Barry, so it's not unthinkable to believe that since Wells is "seemingly" from the future that this is the case here.

Reverse Flash is a true psychopath and let's face it; his actions helped set the "New 52" in motion. He's just that terrifiying, powerful & twisted.

Also, no one ever points out that out of all people in the room; Reverse Flash SPECIFICALLY ran up to Eddie and stared him in the face before lumping Prof Wells.

Last edited:

Pimpslap407

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I think Dr. Wells is Professor Zoom because from the comics, Zoom doesn't have powers the suit does and as long as he wears it, he'll be able to run fast. But then his voice changed, so that part is confusing.

grownazzblakman

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Im going to assume,it was Dr Wells who was the Yellow Flash,but used that device..... :dunno:

I'm lost though. If Wells is reverse Flash, how did he kick his own ass in the particle accelerator? He was there in the room remember? We saw Wells getting his ass kicked by the Reverse Flash. What did I miss?

He set the suit up to do that.

He keeps asking Barry to run. I think he's absorbing the flashes powers and powering the reverse flashes suit.

I think Dr. Wells is Professor Zoom because from the comics, Zoom doesn't have powers the suit does and as long as he wears it, he'll be able to run fast. But then his voice changed, so that part is confusing.

THIS IS NOT A SPOILER. :smh:

I HAVE NOT SEEN ANY ADDITIONAL EPISODES EXCEPT THE SAME ONES THAT HAVE ALREADY AIRED ON TV. :smh:

THIS IS JUST MY OPINION. :yes:

Ok now that I got that out of the way....

I'm pretty damn sure Dr. Wells is actually Professor Zoom after watching "The Man in the Yellow Suit" episode. :yes:

Here’s My Theory…

Dr. Wells does not have any (Flash) powers of his own. :smh:
And in the comics, Professor Zoom gets his powers from the suit itself. :yes:

But on the show so far, Wells already HAS the Zoom suit which (should have) Flash powers, plus he's seen attaching ADD-ONS to it, to improve it :yes:

thracheon-the-flash-is-harrison-wells-really-who-we-think-he-is.jpeg

Now Zoom just stole something :dunno: that deals with Tachyon Particles from Star Labs.

So I suspect over the next few episodes… Wells will somehow (secretly?) build a 'Tachyon Emitter' to manipulate the 'Speed Force' for Time Travel. :yes:

Tachyon Particles

According to Wikipedia… theoretically speaking, Tachyons not only travel FASTER than light, but also BACKWARDS in time. :cool:

Here is a sample image of a tachyon:

w8r6nqqfjcvrqrqoxitp.gif

Because a tachyon would always move FASTER than light, it would not be possible to see it approaching. :smh:

After a tachyon has passed nearby, we would be able to see two images of it, BOTH appearing and departing in opposite directions. (i.e. shown as the Red & Blue spheres above)

The left-hand reddish sphere is formed from red-shifted light… AFTER it passes the observer.

Because the object arrives before the light does, the observer sees nothing until the sphere starts to pass by the observer, after which the image-as-seen-by-the-observer splits into two parts….. one of the arriving sphere (to the right) and one of the departing sphere (to the left).

WHY IS THIS RELEVANT?

Now watch the tv show's 'opening credits' very carefully.

Between the 5 - 8 second marks you will see both RED & YELLOW flashes of light surround Barry Allen's mom. :yes:

Some fans have speculated (online) these flashes are both Zoom trying to kill her... and The Flash fighting to stop him, at the same time (but failing).

However, from the way Tachyons are explained above (on Wikipedia).... I personally think it's just ONE PERSON. Zoom is moving 'faster than the Speed of Light'... so Barry is actually seeing him both ARRIVE / LEAVE at the same time. :eek:

Now if my guess is correct… then the yellow color is undoubtedly Zoom slowing down ‘just enough’ to kill Barry's mom, or break into Star Labs, or fight Barry on a football field (or do whatever).

While the red color is Zoom also leaving the ‘scene of the crime’... and speeding up again to travel BACK into the future.
:yes:

t9jpll.jpg

NOTICE: These very same (red & yellow) light effects ALSO happened when Zoom visited Joe West & threatened to kill his daughter Iris. :yes:

Dr. Wells is most likely Professor Zoom. (And he can travel through time. :yes:)

That is HOW he was able to steal the Tachyon thingy.... AND ... can be SEEN in the same room, at the same time.

So he beats himself up (in the 'present' timeline) to throw everyone off his trail. :cool:

Lastly, if the suit itself gives Prof. Zoom the same ‘Powers of Flash’… then Dr. Wells should be able to vibrate his voice while ‘wearing the suit’. Just like the Flash does. :yes:

I also think Drayonis is correct. :yes:

If Wells is somehow absorbing / transferring the Flash's powers into his Zoom suit... then he would need to keep Barry alive & groom him to run fast enough to eventually break the Speed of Light someday to ensure his own future plans :yes: (whatever that may be :dunno:)

But HOW can the Flash reach the Speed of Light?

Well, the writers already did a brilliant job of setting up a major 'plot point'.

We know that Barry's 'top speed' can be driven PURELY by his EMOTION.
Because he was able to break the 'Sound Barrier' with his LOVE for Iris.... :yes:

But that's not enough to reach Light Speed. :smh:
He needs TO GET MORE 'in his feelings', imo. :D

So if I were a scriptwriter on this show...

By the season finale... I would make sure that Barry had to DIG REAL DEEP (as an actor) into his painful emotions over the death of his mom & his father's imprisonment as the RAW FUEL required to push him (mentally) toward achieving the 'Speed of Light'. :yes:

Maybe he would even need extra training / help from The Arrow again (as a mentor who ALSO has dealt with the 'severe loss' of loved ones) to tap into this sorrow... and convert it to 'RAGING SPEED' that he must learn to control. :cool:

Barry would have to reach that point... between 'rage & serenity'. :yes:

Just like Magneto did, in Xmen: First Class.

:cool:

Last edited:

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

:hithead:

damn that is clever!

I'm just caught up to this show. (Still behind on Arrow)

That Flash/Green Arrow team-up was some of the best live action comic book work outside Marvel...

just perfect.

I agree that the Doc was able to control the suit remotely and beat himself up to sever ANY doubts...

no one will ever believe a cripple who was beaten up BY the Reverse Flash actually is in fact THE Reverse Flash.

also like how the Green Arrow IMMEDIATELY knew that the Doc was evil.

It seems to me that down the line Eddie gets jealous HATES Barry over stealing Iris from him and gets the yellow Reverse Flash suit.

I STILL think the Doc is really the Flash from the future for some reason.

And GREAT job with Firestorm!!!

King D

King D
BGOL Investor

Lastly, if the suit itself gives Prof. Zoom the same ‘Powers of Flash’… then Dr. Wells should be able to vibrate his voice while ‘wearing the suit’

Interesting theory and observation. The only problem with it is that at the end of the show as Wells was staring at the suit, he changed his voice (visibly with the suit off) and said "Merry Christmas" while attaching the Tachyon thing to it.:confused:

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Interesting theory and observation. The only problem with it is that at the end of the show as Wells was staring at the suit, he changed his voice (visibly with the suit off) and said "Merry Christmas" while attaching the Tachyon thing to it.:confused:

I think that was show how he could 'throw" his voice FROM the suit.

The Plutonian

The Anti Bullshitter
BGOL Investor

Nah man he really can't. Two different speed sources. Barry Allen doesn't actually just tap in the Speed Force, he is the Speed Force and renews it every time he runs. Check out Flash Point Paradox (Anime) he will get faster and will be able to manipulate time by breaking the chronal barrier, traversing different realities and opening portals to new worlds. Yea, he that motherfucker:hmm:

mrdiego2020

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
look this is how it is,wells is barry from the future who got trapped in barrys time.he is still the flash just without the speed.thats why he was able to do that with his voice.if you look at the last part of the show his face starts to heal right before your eyes.look at the left eye not the one with the band aid it heals back to normal.thats why barry an wells look so much alike an remember it was stated barry looks like a young wells.

grownazzblakman

Rising Star
Platinum Member

In the comics, there are several versions of Professor Zoom (i.e. Hunter Zolomon and Eobard Thawne were 2 of them):

- Hunter Zolomon was originally bound to a wheelchair.
- Eobard Thawne and Eddie Thawne (the cop who Iris is dating) are related to each other.
- Eobard Thawne has real Flash powers (like Barry) but Zolomon does not (He needed a suit to run like Flash).

My Guess is...

Dr. Wells is a 'hybrid character' created specifically for THIS tv show. :yes:

The 'tv version' of Professor Zoom is a combination of BOTH Hunter Zolomon & Eobard Thawne from the comics... written specifically for a TV audience. (To add some 'separation' from strict comic-book lore, which gives the writers more 'creative license' to take the storylines in different directions)

I think Dr. Wells is using that Zoom suit to actually 'steal' The Flash's' Powers.

The Suit itself is probably 'absorbing' Barry's Flash powers and fusing it into Well's DNA somehow. :dunno:

So there are 'residual side effects', that last for a short period of time... whenever he takes it off. (i.e. like a 'Rollerskating' effect :yes:)

--------------------

Sidenote: Have you ever been Rollerskating? Or Iceskating? Or Rollerblading?

If you have ever been rollerskating (or iceskating, or rollerblading) for a REAL LONG PERIOD of time... immediately when you TAKE OFF your skates.... 'walking normally' feels kinda strange.

It actually FEELS like you are STILL SKATING :yes:.... without wearing skates at all.... and the sensation could usually last for a few minutes. :cool:

--------------------

That is why Wells can STILL control his voice box without wearing the suit.

And notice how he shows signs of 'quick healing' powers as well. :yes:

Check out how FAST the scars on (the upper right side of) his forehead & around his eyes / eyebrows heal up in just mere seconds. :cool:

05729cf2edbe4153c13dbcdc129d78ad.jpg

57faa247c50e4fc2cf79bc6e7562f1fd.jpg

Without the suit... these Flash powers are just temporary, for now.

(Notice: his healing actually STARTS once he ACTIVATES the suit :cool:)

But knowing Dr. Wells, he probably has some type of 'diabolical plan' to make these effects LAST PERMANENTLY. :cool:

And that is what all his 'cloak & dagger' shenanigans are about... at it's very core.

How can ZOOM's Costume actually steal the Powers of The Flash?

Remember in episode 7 (“Power Outage”)….Barry faced a villain named Farooq (aka ‘Blackout’) who was able to steal his powers. :yes:

And at the end of the episode, Dr. Wells takes a sample of his blood at Star Labs. :yes:

My Guess is...

It's like 'tie-dyeing' a T-shirt. :yes:
The Supervillain way. :cool:

Instead of directly injecting HIMSELF (without knowing the possible side-effects, or dangerous ramifications :dunno:) and becoming a ‘living test dummy’… I think Dr. Wells may have secretly figured out a way to infuse the very fibers of the Zoom costume with elements of Farooq’s blood / plasma which contains the specific ‘meta-human' gene that gave Blackout his powers.

Which means whoever wears the costume (and/or knows how to activate it) would have the powers of the Flash. :yes:

Last edited:

Upgrade Dave

Rising Star
Registered
Finally got around to watching the last bunch of episodes of this show and I really, really like it.
Of course it's CW so it gets soap operaish at times but even then, they didn't let the "he likes her but she doesn't know" angle drag on. He told her so what happens now?

The crossover with "Arrow" was very well done.
It pointed out something I've thought about DC and their villains for a long time: they're not properly matched. The guy who uses boomerangs for weapons should be a villain for the guy who uses a bow and arrows not a guy with a legit superpower.

I definitely see that being a possibility. They've been playing Wells as a guy with ulterior motives too hard for him to turn out to be RF but you never know. That might have been on purpose to throw us off.
Thawne is definitely going to end up a nemesis, whether RF or another.
As soon as I heard his last name, it rang a bell and the connection to Iris was great writing playing off what happens to her in the comics.

Flawless

Flawless One
BGOL Investor
yo fam chill with all those blog spoilers, im sure most people here just watch the show and dont read the blogs

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Heroes and Villains of 'The Flash' and 'Arrow' Preview What's Next

66e351e0-7a55-11e4-8727-65b7538572c2_cw-arrow-308-brave-and-the-bold-0035.jpg

The Television Critics Association (TCA) winter press tour hosted a positively massive panel featuring the Heroes and Villains of Arrow and The Flash. In addition to executive producers Greg Berlanti, Andrew Kreisberg, and Marc Guggenheim, the stage held:

Stephen Amell, Oliver Queen/Arrow, Arrow
Grant Gustin, Barry Allen/The Flash, The Flash
Katie Cassidy, Laurel Lance/Black Canary, Arrow
John Barrowman, Malcolm Merlyn, Arrow
Colton Haynes, Roy Harper/Arsenal, Arrow
David Ramsey, John Diggle, Arrow
Tom Cavanagh, Harrison Wells/Reverse Flash, The Flash
Brandon Routh, Ray Palmer/The Atom, Arrow
Wentworth Miller, Leonard Snart/Captain Cold, The Flash
Dominic Purcell, Mick Rory/Heat Wave, The Flash
Robbie Amell, Ronnie Raymond/Firestorm, The Flash
Victor Garber, Dr. Martin Stein/Firestorm, The Flash
Matt Nable, Ra's al Ghul, Arrow

2015-winter-tca-tour-day-20150111-195009-359.jpg

Though they're two very different shows, one consistent theme of both casts was how much they enjoy doing the shows. From actors like Gustin and Barrowman, who have been life-long comic book and genre fans, to Purcell, who admits to knowing nothing about comics, but said playing Heat Wave "is the most fun I've had as an actor." More highlights from the superheroic session:

More crossovers are coming!
The CW's president Mark Pedowitz told reporters in an earlier session that the crossovers would be a regular thing: "In terms of Flash and Arrow, those big crossovers we're only planning to do pretty much once a year in the fourth quarter, kind of similar to the Dr. Who Christmas specials."

2015-winter-tca-tour-day-20150111-200336-350.jpg

Stephen's OK with Oliver's "death." Really.
Amell learned last summer that "the first arc of our season will commence with Sara's death and will end with Oliver facing Ra's al Ghul — and losing." Not only does the actor love seeing his character put through adversity, he added, "If we don't give other characters an opportunity to shoulder the load, then we give nothing for the viewers to attach themselves to, and it'll be really difficult to do our next 50 episodes."

The real difference between Marvel and DC
Guggenheim was asked about the philosophical differences between the two universes since he's married to Tara Butters, one of the showrunners on Marvel's Agent Carter, and he's also written comics for both companies. Marvel, he said, is "the world outside your window," whereas, "DC is more aspirational and, you know, fantastical and hopeful." Neither is better or worse, he said, "They're just different."

The Black Canary rises
Cassidy knew from the beginning that Laurel would eventually become Black Canary, but that it wouldn't happen overnight. This season, said Cassidy, "She goes from avenging her sister, to honoring her sister, to becoming her sister. And it's been amazing. I love to kick some ass."

2015-winter-tca-tour-day-20150111-195222-537.jpg

You can thank Wentworth Miller for that Prison Break reunion
After Miller was cast as Captain Cold, Kreisberg said, "We asked Wentworth if he had any ideas for Heat Wave and…" Before he could finish, Miller interrupted: "I'm responsible for it! I think one of the best things about working with Dominic is that we've got chemistry, we've got intimacy, we've got history. And these are qualities that our characters share as well. You're meant to believe that Heat Wave and Captain Cold have spent time in the trenches together. And we just had that inherently as actors the moment they yelled 'Action'." Added Purcell, "Wentworth and I have an intuitive understanding of each other as human beings… I'm pretty naive to the whole comic-book world," he continued, but, "My kids think it's the coolest thing I've ever done in my f--king life."

Harrison Wells is Reverse Flash, but…
While we've only seen his character with the suit, not actually wearing the suit, Wells confirmed what we all thought we knew: "Yes, I am Reverse Flash." That said, don't discard that speculation that Eddie Thawne may eventually become Reverse Flash as well. "His name is not an accident," said Kreisberg, referring to the name's similarity to Eobard Thawne, who becomes the villain in the comic books. "Eddie's connection to the Reverse Flash lore is going to pay off big time in the back half of the year."

2015-winter-tca-tour-day-20150111-195222-537.jpg

Breaking ground in the Arrow universe
Ramsey was asked about the importance of his race on the show and he said that it was important — regardless of race — to see Diggle as a man "with a potential wife and a child, well-adjusted to his time overseas as a soldier." But it gains particular importance when "he's African American, and particularly in the comic-book world, in general." He's proud of the character and the fact that Diggle is now part of comic book lore. "Fifteen years from now, this is an honorable soldier, an honorable person in this DC Universe that can be played by someone else, that started here."

So, will there be an Atom spinoff?
"We are in very early talks on a very general, very general idea that we haven't dug deeper on yet, and we're not allowed to say anything about it yet," said Berlanti. "Right now we're just trying to get the suit finished," added Guggenheim.

The Flash returns Tuesday, Jan. 20 at 8 p.m. and Arrow returns Jan. 21 at 8 p.m., both on The CW.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
yo fam chill with all those blog spoilers, im sure most people here just watch the show and dont read the blogs

cool...I just took off

since it was on the mid-season finale I thought everyone heard that one...
and there was a LONG discussion in the thread about it too.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
‘Arrow,’ ‘The Flash’ EP Greg Berlanti Apologizes for Lack of Women on TCA Panel

The showrunners of The CW’s superhero dramas “The Flash” and “Arrow” opened themselves up to criticism on Sunday when they delivered a predominantly male “Heroes and Villains” panel at the Television Critics Association press tour in Pasadena. Executive producer Greg Berlanti, who also oversees CBS’s upcoming series “Supergirl,” put the onus on himself.

“We should’ve had more women up here today. That’s on me,” Berlanti told TheWrap and several outlets after the panel concluded. “That’s my fault.”

The panel had 16 participants, 15 of them male. The lone woman on stage was Katie Cassidy, a.k.a. “Arrow’s” Black Canary. She has been a series regular on the show since its 2012 debut but only evolved into a bonafide costumed hero on Season 3.

“She goes from avenging her sister, to honoring her sister, to becoming her sister,” Cassidy said. “It’s been amazing. I love to kick some ass.”

Berlanti’s co-showrunner on all three dramas is Andrew Kreisberg. He noticed the lack of females on stage, too, but pointed out his CW shows did in fact have women.

“I wasn’t in charge of invitations for this panel,” Kreisberg joked. “We’re blessed, we have so many great female superheroes and villains. We have Caity Lotz, the original Canary, Katrina Law [as Nyssa], we have Rila Fukushima who plays Tatsu, who will become Katana before the end of the season.”

“No comment on the fact that there were so many men here, but we really have the greatest, smartest, most kickass female superheroes of any show that’s out there,” he continued. “They really stand toe-to-toe with anybody. We don’t think about them in terms of ‘well, she’s a girl.’ It’s always, ‘Can you do it?'”

Berlanti said there were several factors that went into the decision to put 15 men on the panel, including which characters had the best costumes to showcase and which ones the panel’s organizers thought journalists would most like to see. But, the EP did acknowledge that there were a few costumed females on his shows, which were each renewed for an additional season on Sunday, they didn’t bring to Pasadena.

“[We’ve had] the Huntress, Nyssa [al Ghul] and Cupid this year,” he said. “And we have others coming up on the back half of the season.”

“We put the list together and it was very much about costumes in the lobby, I think, or else people like Jesse Martin would be here and Emily [Bett Rickards] would be here,” Berlanti continued. “But that’s on me. That’s my fault.”

Superhero diversity has been an ongoing issue for television and film in terms of not only gender, but also race and sexual orientation. David Ramsey (John Diggle on “Arrow”) was the only black panelist, but there were three openly gay heroes and villains on stage — John Barowman (Malcolm Merlyn), Wentworth Miller (Captain Cold) and Victor Garber (Firestorm).

“It’s very important for a number of different reasons,” Ramsey said Sunday of his character being black.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
The Flash: Prison Break's Wentworth Miller and Dominic Purcell on Reuniting as Captain Cold and Heat Wave

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/01...ll-on-reuniting-as-captain-cold-and-heat-wave

Wentworth Miller made his debut a couple of months ago on The Flash as Captain Cold and when he returns in Tuesday’s new episode he’ll have a notable ally – DC Comics villain Heat Wave, played by Dominic Purcell.

Yes, Miller and his former Prison Break costar – the man who played his brother for four years – are reuniting on The Flash, as the two now both have recurring roles on the series.

I sat down with Miller and Purcell to discuss their big TV reunion, getting to play the bad guys this time and more.

IGN: I was on the set of the next episode, and it was exciting watching you guys in full costume, playing out this big fight scene in the streets with Grant [Gustin], dressed as The Flash. Whether you knew the source material or not going in, is there just that fun little kid thing – like, “This is such a crazy part of our job”?

Purcell: Absolutely. As I said before, I’ve had the most fun with this character and a lot of characters I’ve done. It brings you back as a child, playing Cowboys and Indians. It just allows freedom for me and fun.

Miller: It brings me back about five years to when I was playing Michael Scofield in Prison Break and that experience was playing a good guy for four years and it was my job to stand there and spout exposition while the bad guys tore up the scenery and did cartwheels all around us. So to kind of taste what that’s like and enjoy a bit of that material. It’s been really satisfying.
fla110b0403bjpg-544c0a_640w.jpg

Wentworth Miller as Captain Cold and Dominic Purcell as Heat Wave in The Flash.

IGN: Wentworth, you were talking about how you were cast first and you knew there was this other character coming and suggested Dominic. Obviously you knew you worked well together...

Miller: I didn’t even think about my own level of comfort as an actor. I just heard the character described; edgy, unpredictable, force of nature. Is there an actor you can think of that would be right for this part? That was the question that Geoff Johns asked me and I immediately said “Dominic Purcell.” I was 90% serious, 10% joking because I didn’t really think they could make that happen. Lo and behold, here we are.

Purcell: Add I thank Wentworth for that because, again, for me, I’m humbled to be a part of a successful show and I’m fortunate to be playing an iconic character like Heat Wave. It’s very exciting for me.

IGN: Can you talk about what the dynamic is between your characters? Are they pretty much on the same wavelength or are there some disagreements?

Miller: It’s hot and cold. We’re meant to be polar opposites in every respect. I’m cold, calculating, everything is thought out. He’s impulsive. I think he’s going to go left, he goes right. It’s a nice balance and there’s always tension that we get to play and enjoy playing.

IGN: Is there even a question of who’s calling the shots?

Miller: I am, technically. Technically Cold is calling the shots, begrudgingly.

Purcell: We’ll have to explore that as we go down the line.

IGN: Wentworth, we talked on set about how when we met him, he was a guy who was very sure of himself and kind of felt like there were no big threats left. So he saw The Flash as an exciting challenge. Now that he’s faced him once and seen what he’s made of, how does he approach the rematch?

Miller: I think he knows that The Flash is not going to go down so easily. It’s about finding his weak spots. Where is The Flash vulnerable? I think Snart understands that Flash has a heart. He cares about people, he’s in the business of saving people. That’s something that Snart can exploit, but I think Snart is also aware that this is a man in the mask. He’s got identity issues, things he’s keeping quiet, and in this way he is also perhaps vulnerable to Snart.
fla110b0129bjpg-c9966c_640w.jpg

Dominic Purcell as Heat Wave in The Flash.

IGN: And what does Heat Wave make of him? He hasn’t encountered The Flash before so what is his first take on this guy in the red costume?

Purcell: He’s very impressed. Just the fact that there’s this dude who moves a million miles an hour… And he wants to take him down as well, because there’s an agenda behind our motivations to take down The Flash which hasn’t been really articulated at present.

IGN: As fun as it is to watch on screen and at times on set, there is also the technical aspect while you’re making something like this. Are there times where it’s like, “This will look really cool, I think,” but you have to put yourself in the hands of the special effects people?

Purcell: Yeah, there’s a tendency to feel frightened by what you’re doing because as you’re doing it. You kind of feel goofy when you’re holding a plastic gun and it’s supposed to be a flame and you’re doing this [waves arms around, as though pointing gun] and you’re making audible sounds like, “Vroomm vroom vroom!”, and you’ve got to stop yourself from doing that. But again, when you look at the production values in The Flash, you know you’re in safe hands so you know it’s going to look authentic and brilliant.

Miller: It calls for a level of trust ,and having seen the pilot [when I joined the show], that’s all I really needed to see. That level of care and attention being paid to both the visual effects and the character stuff was top notch.

IGN: Having had this great history working together, was it very easy to click back in once you were on set together?

Purcell: Simple. Absolutely simple. I’ve said it in the past, Wentworth and I, apart from everything else, are great friends. So just working together is just simple, easy.

Miller: It was like riding a bike. Although, the first time I called him by a different [character] name was a little strange - something other than "Lincoln." [Laughs] But we quickly adapted.

IGN: What’s it like seeing Grant going through what you did a few years ago, as far as the sudden attention that being on a hit TV show brings?

Purcell: I look at him and I empathize. Because with great success comes great responsibility and great invasion. He’s having to deal with that and he’s also still very young. When you get to a point where I’m at in my career, where I’m a grizzled veteran, you have the ability to look after yourself a bit more. When you’re that young, it’s easy to take advantage in a way but he’s learning. The great thing about Grant is he’s a wonderful human being, very modest, very talented and he realizes he’s in a fortunate position which makes being around him a pleasure.

fla110b0139bjpg-544c04_640w.jpg

IGN: How much will we be seeing you guys, moving forward?

Miller: I think the idea is to have us in a handful of episodes this season and maybe the season finale. The future is up in the air.

IGN: You were saying there’s an agenda we’ve yet to learn about these two. Have they given you some idea of what’s ahead and what’s driving them?

Miller: Not what the larger plan is, but I have been told that there is a larger plan. At the moment I’m focusing on the personal relationship, like what Snart sees in the Flash; how he’s challenged by the Flash. I think he’s even obsessed with The Flash to a certain degree, and figuring out what the Flash’s weak spots are and exploiting them, taking him down as quickly as possible, becomes agenda number one, in service of whatever that larger plan might be.

IGN: Obviously you’re going to have a lot of stuff with Grant, but are there other actors on the show you’re getting to interact with and get to see what your characters make of each other?

Miller: They just cast Peyton List as my sister [Lisa Snart / Golden Glider], so the Rogues are now three, I guess, and that’s made for some interesting complications.

Purcell: Heat Wave has a thing for Peyton’s character. She’s a beautiful woman and at this point, she tends to calm him down, I think. I know Cold’s not happy about this developing and I’m sure the writers are going to play with that are going to use that up and there’s going to be conflict with him. So I think there’s a lot of room for that.

IGN: The Flash has managed to hit this great sweet spot as far as tone is concerned. It could go too goofy, but it doesn’t. When you’re on set is that something it feels that everyone’s figured out - like, here’s how we play this that’s real and also having fun with it, but not going cartoonish?

Purcell: I think you can give credit to the actors. If an actor makes a choice that’s not working, then it becomes goofy. As actors, we’re able to know the nuance and we’re sensitive to that. But it’s also in the writing as well. The writing is terrific. I think a combination of all those stops it from being goofy.

IGN: When you did your first episode, did you quickly think, “Yeah, this is the way to play this?

Miller: It was challenging, because the character’s not in every episode so I’m not there day in and day out with the luxury of exploring the character at my own pace and in my own time. I show up every six episodes and I do my thing and then I go. What’s clear to me is that tone is so critical on a show like this and we do have the freedom and permission to be operatic, to really go for it. But it becomes even more critical that you ground that in something that feels real, some sort of real emotional base that supports those choices. And I think that’s what fans are tuning in to see. Characters that are out there and extreme but are still relatable to a certain degree.

Flawless

Flawless One
BGOL Investor
so these two guys plan to take over the city with a ice and fire pistol? How did they escape from the air port a while ago, didn't the cops surround the place? No snipers? Can't the flash just use his speed and grab the guns from them?

TimRock

Don't let me be misunderstood
BGOL Investor
so these two guys plan to take over the city with a ice and fire pistol? How did they escape from the air port a while ago, didn't the cops surround the place? No snipers? Can't the flash just use his speed and grab the guns from them?

Captain Cold didnt get caught. After the train fiasco, Flash lost his speed. Cold was able to walk away without anyone capturing him, because he still had his fereeze gun. The spanish dude was bluffing with whatever he had. Cold just walked away and met up with Heatwave, but he was never fully shown.

wadusay

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Captain Cold didnt get caught. After the train fiasco, Flash lost his speed. Cold was able to walk away without anyone capturing him, because he still had his fereeze gun. The spanish dude was bluffing with whatever he had. Cold just walked away and met up with Heatwave, but he was never fully shown.

I think he was talking about tonight's episode.