The Official Flash Thread Discussion

ansatsusha_gouki

Land of the Heartless
Platinum Member
There will be a Flash episode next week and then,after that is the two day crossover and the week,after that is the season mid finale...smh

bborn

Rising Star
Registered
peace

The guy that got trapped in the particle accelerator, a few episodes back will become Firestorm....Im going to assume, he will make his appearance in the later episodes...

...which will set off the girl/Dr./Scientist in the lab since she thinks he's already dead into becoming KillerFrost since she already mentioned that they were like "Fire & Ice" in terms of their personalities when they were together.

Just the way that they're setting it up so it seems.

So Girder is dead.

Bring on Grodd & let's see how they do with it!

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Wow...

that list of dead was a damn DC Comics Classic hit list

I hope they don't stick to it.

That List!

The list of people who died in the particle accelerator explosion is...significant. We're going to go ahead and assume at least one or two of these people probably survived, and we won't bring up Firestorm since we've talked about him in previous Easter egg posts and will be doing so again very soon. We're going to break the familiar names out...

elongated-man-113738.jpg

Ralph Dibny

As the Elongated Man, Ralph Dibny served on various iterations of the Justice League over the years, fighting alongside the likes of The Flash, Firestorm, Green Arrow, Black Canary...and later, the Justice League International, where he would meet up with Blue Beetle and Booster Gold.

At times, he's been known to live in Opal City, home to James Robinson's Starman and his supporting cast, including The Mist as well as the circus performers who served as antagonists in the first arc of The Flash Season Zero. He also lived in Central City and worked regularly with Barry at one point in the comics.

Ralph's wife died as part of the Identity Crisis story in the comics, murdered by the wife of Ray Palmer, currently appearing (but single) on Arrow.

In the comics, Ralph didn't have powers of his own, instead relying on a serum he developed to give them to him.

Al Rothstein

The godson of the Golden Age Atom, Al Rothstein was a member of Infinity, Inc. He had the ability to grow to giant-sized while retaining proportionate strength. Al has gone by the names Nuklon and Atom Smasher and was himself a member of the JSA later in life.

damage-0001-113739.jpg

Grant Emerson

Known as Damage, Grant Emerson had the ability to absorb and redirect energy. His most notable story occurred in the Crisis on Infinite Earths follow-up Zero Hour: A Crisis in Time, in which the supeheroes of the DC Universe used Emerson's powers to recreate the Big Bang so that they could rebuild a universe destroyed by Parallax, a villain who broke the timestream by basically connecting the end of time to its begining and letting all-consuming entropy swallow up everything in between.

Bea DeCosta

Codenamed Fire, Bea is a former supermodel who would go on to become a deadly spy and assassin when she wasn't part of the Justice League International.

She has the ability to be consumed by green flame, and to control and project it. She's most commonly seen in the company of her best friend, Tora "Ice" Olafsdotter.

From John Baumeister:

That list was pretty exciting. The only one you missed, while not very significant, was Will Everett who, according to the DC wiki was Amazing Man.

http://comicbook.com/2014/11/26/the-flash-easter-eggs-and-dc-comics-references-in-power-outage/

Last edited:

TimRock

Don't let me be misunderstood
BGOL Investor
So does the black chic only like white guys? Now she likes Oliver. Why do they add this nonsense to shows?

CptMARVEL

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
So does the black chic only like white guys? Now she likes Oliver. Why do they add this nonsense to shows?

Dude,
Considering the fact that the character she portrays has always been a white woman (over 50 years), in the comic books, the cartoons and the original TV series I'd say just relax and try to enjoy the show....:dunno:

TimRock

BGOL Investor
Dude,
Considering the fact that the character she portrays has always been a white woman (over 50 years), in the comic books, the cartoons and the original TV series I'd say just relax and try to enjoy the show....:dunno:
Im enjoying it, more than Arrow actually, but things like that are hard to ignore. It just seems like they went out of the way to show that she liked him.

CptMARVEL

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Im enjoying it, more than Arrow actually, but things like that are hard to ignore. It just seems like they went out of the way to show that she liked him.

Don't get me wrong, I have made note of the racial identity of her love interests. This seems to be a growing trend with black women on TV. But I have no problem with it.
And remember; Iris WILL end up with Barry at the of the day. (Unless they go "off story") However; I must again point out, Iris West was never written as nor portrayed as a woman of color. EVER.

FYI. James Diggle (Arrow) is married to & has a child with a white woman. Why the double standard...?

stretchwallz

Superstar ***
BGOL Legend
Flash would have beat Oliver's ass with those super sonic punches. He should have drug him 50 miles and beat him senseless

Iris having feelings for CACS is nothing new. The main resource of all war is women. Wars were ended by offering a daughter... They want the sistas they aren't hiding it anymore watch Scandal, etc.

Firestorm made an appearance on the show?

Yes that was him shaking under the freeway with his head and hand on fire.

ThaBurgerPimp

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
:clap:

C1z9lvmZDVnG.jpg

Mark Hamill Will Once Again Play The Trickster

Actor John Wesley Shipp, who played The Flash on the short-lived 1990 CBS series and now plays Barry's father on The CW series, isn't going to remain the only connection between the old and new incarnations. Star Wars' Mark Hamill is returning to the Flash-verse as well - to reprise his role as James Jesse aka The Trickster!

HitFix's Alan Sepinwall reports that Hamill, who portrayed Trickster on two episodes of the original series, will return for a brand new take on the Trickster character. The new Trickster will be "an anarchist terrorist con man serving a life sentence in Iron Heights who helps Barry (Grant Gustin) and Det. West (Jesse L. Martin) to foil the city-wide attacks of a wannabe Trickster eagerly following in the original's deadly footsteps."

The arc will also reunite Hamill with John Wesley Shipp's character, making it a true reunion.

"Having Mark reprise his role as The Trickster was on our original wish list when we were planning our version of The Flash," EP Andrew Kreisberg told HitFix. "Christmas and Chanukah came early for us this year when he said yes! We are beyond humbled and excited to have him joining us for another round of deadly trickery!"

And for those yearning for more Flash flashback fun, don't forget that Amanda Pays is returning to the series to reprise her past role of Dr. McGee in the episode "The Man in the Yellow Suit."

Flawless

Flawless One
BGOL Investor
I really wish cats would keep all that extra shit they get from blogs to themselves. Anyway did I spot Dominique Persel in next week's preview?

TimRock

BGOL Investor
I really wish cats would keep all that extra shit they get from blogs to themselves. Anyway did I spot Dominique Persel in next week's preview?
The other brother from Prison Break? Yeah. He was in the end episode of the one with Captain Cold, they just didn't show him
Im going to assume,it was Dr Wells who was the Yellow Flash,but used that device..... :dunno:

That's what I'm thinking

HAR125LEM

Rising Star
Platinum Member
GREAT and FUN episode tonight.

That other character coming out of nowhere to help was a GEEK moment.

jackeebleu

Rising Star
Registered
I'm lost though. If Wells is reverse Flash, how did he kick his own ass in the particle accelerator? He was there in the room remember? We saw Wells getting his ass kicked by the Reverse Flash. What did I miss?

TimRock

BGOL Investor
I'm lost though. If Wells is reverse Flash, how did he kick his own ass in the particle accelerator? He was there in the room remember? We saw Wells getting his ass kicked by the Reverse Flash. What did I miss?

He set the suit up to do that.

chrislee

Rising Star
Super Moderator
It's looks as if Well's is from the future and needs Barry help to save the future. He goes into that hidden room with newspaper articles from the future trying to insure that Flash survives. Maybe that's why he killed Barry's mom. I don't know what's going on but I'm really intrigued going forward with this show. Great episode overall. Barry told Iris his true feelings. Reverse Flash battled the Flash. Fire Storm came in for the save and flew away.

TimRock

BGOL Investor
It's looks as if Well's is from the future and needs Barry help to save the future. He goes into that hidden room with newspaper articles from the future trying to insure that Flash survives. Maybe that's why he killed Barry's mom. I don't know what's going on but I'm really intrigued going forward with this show. Great episode overall. Barry told Iris his true feelings. Reverse Flash battled the Flash. Fire Storm came in for the save and flew away.

The articles that he is reading, indicate that Flash has died

chrislee

Rising Star
Super Moderator
The articles that he is reading, indicate that Flash has died

That's what I'm saying in that post. He's trying to insure that Barry survives in the future by pushing him to be stronger and become faster to become the hero we know him to be.

On IGN they disscussed the midseason finale. They said that Well's is a misdirect as being Reverse Flash. I'll post the video later.