Wonder Woman: WW84 | Official Thread | DC Comics

0utsyder

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Six Flags Magic Mountain lassoes record-breaking Wonder Woman roller coaster

California theme park announces new Wonder Woman Flight of Courage roller coaster on DC Comics' official Wonder Woman Day in celebration of the superhero's 80th anniversary.
By Joey NolfiOctober 21, 2021 at 08:00 AM EDT

Six Flags Magic Mountain has lassoed a DC Comics icon for a new roller coaster joining its impressive lineup of thrill rides.
The California-based park announced Thursday it will open Wonder Woman Flight of Courage as the world's tallest, fastest single-rail roller coaster in the summer of 2022. Magic Mountain's 20th overall roller coaster, Flight of Courage will take riders up to 131 feet in the air over 3,300 feet of track, with riders experiencing three inversions at speeds approaching 60 miles per hour during the ride. Its entrance plaza will feature Greek architecture and tropical landscaping, and guests will be immersed in the story of Wonder Woman's life and the tale of how she obtained her super powers as they wait to board.

Made by the Idaho-based Rocky Mountain Construction — the company behind several wood-to-steel coaster re-tracking projects at Six Flags parks around the world — Wonder Woman Flight of Courage will be located in the DC Universe section of the park atop the site formerly occupied by a short-lived Green Lantern ride. The addition joins the park's already robust roster of DC-themed attractions, including Superman: Escape From Krypton, Riddler's Revenge, and Batman: The Ride. A new, innovative restaurant and bar experience and more retail locations with exclusive DC merchandise are also heading to the park alongside the new ride.
Wonder Woman Flight of Courage at Six Flags Magic Mountain

| CREDIT: SIX FLAGS MAGIC MOUNTAIN
News of Six Flags Magic Mountain's new coaster falls on DC Comics' official Wonder Woman Day, which celebrates the 80th anniversary of the superhero's debut.

Though it is the latest DC-based attraction joining the Six Flags family, Wonder Woman Flight of Courage is not the first to use Wonder Woman's likeness. Six Flags Fiesta Texas opened its single-rail, multi-inversion Wonder Woman Golden Lasso coaster in May 2018, while Six Flags Mexico debuted its free-spinning Wonder Woman ride the following month.
Two other Wonder Woman rides operate at park properties in the United States, both named Wonder Woman Lass of Truth: A 24-story extreme swing at Six Flags America in Maryland, and a giant pendulum-style attraction at Six Flags Great Adventure in New Jersey.
Wonder Woman Flight of Courage Six Flags Magic Mountain

| CREDIT: SIX FLAGS MAGIC MOUNTAIN
Since her 1942 debut, Wonder Woman has become one of the most popular characters in DC history, regularly appearing in comics, animated media projects, video games, and more. Director Patty Jenkins recently helmed two live-action feature films following the heroine: 2017's Wonder Woman and its 2020 sequel Wonder Woman 1984 — which collectively grossed nearly $1 billion at the worldwide box office.
See concept art and a preview video for the Wonder Woman Flight of Courage coaster heading to Six Flags Magic Mountain in 2022 above.

THAT AIN'T EVEN REAL PEOPLE!!!! Don't advertise this shyt with computer generated graphics!!! That doesn't inspire safety!

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
WW84 was hot garbage. The first Wonder Woman film was pretty good, but the followup was trash. If she was bringing more of that BS to WW3, them yeah, glad she was told to kick rocks.

It's a big deal though

A LOT of money was already spent

Remember the big settlement over the streaming, and then they re upped the contracts...

And if there is any truth to this story?

This is NOT a good look especially as a top female director. With all the hurdles with that? Acting so unprofessional?

And WW2 was an unmitigated disaster

And the director kinda screwed over Gal Gadot too.

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
It's a big deal though

A LOT of money was already spent

Remember the big settlement over the streaming, and then they re upped the contracts...

And if there is any truth to this story?

This is NOT a good look especially as a top female director. With all the hurdles with that? Acting so unprofessional?

And WW2 was an unmitigated disaster

And the director kinda screwed over Gal Gadot too.
She’s not all that.

Gal Gadot was a producer on WW84, so she may have input on bringing on a better director. Patty Jenkins has one film at that wasn’t a Wonder Woman movie.

If they need to bring on a female director, there are other, better directors who can do the character justice.

People will always make excuses for Jenkins but WW84 was a directionless shit show. She definitely did Gadot dirty.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
She’s not all that.

Gal Gadot was a producer on WW84, so she may have input on bringing on a better director. Patty Jenkins has one film at that wasn’t a Wonder Woman movie.

If they need to bring on a female director, there are other, better directors who can do the character justice.

People will always make excuses for Jenkins but WW84 was a directionless shit show. She definitely did Gadot dirty.

Bro... the box office it made, the significance of a female hero female director

Was huge

And they caked off that streaming deal

All she had to do was deliver a DECENT movie. DECENT.

And she fumbled that to a point where even feminist hated on the project.

For her to allegedly act in this way?

This is a HUGE deal.

NO ONE has even tried to defend her?

That's crazy.

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
Bro... the box office it made, the significance of a female hero female director

Was huge

And they caked off that streaming deal

All she had to do was deliver a DECENT movie. DECENT.

And she fumbled that to a point where even feminist hated on the project.

For her to allegedly act in this way?

This is a HUGE deal.

NO ONE has even tried to defend her?

That's crazy.
She fumbled the ball big time with that joint. Now this, yeah, she probably going get herself blacklisted from bigger projects. The fact she was told to come back with another treatment and she flat out refused to budge? Yeah, not a good look Patty.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
She fumbled the ball big time with that joint. Now this, yeah, she probably going get herself blacklisted from bigger projects. The fact she was told to come back with another treatment and she flat out refused to budge? Yeah, not a good look Patty.

That's what I'm saying.

Follow she F*CKED UP A POTENTIAL BILLION DOLLAR FRANCHISE

women do not get those opportunities

EVER.

We all agree first movie solid

Let's just make that certified for the sake of this discussion.

We HEARD early that the sequel was having trouble.

Now pandemic hit. Streaming. They get the BIGGEST BAG.

Even though the movie TRASH.

Streaming records!

But it was trash. She made millions on the front and back end and a sequel

on what probably would have been a flop in the theatre based on word of mouth and critical response.

She was on the forefront of the women in Hollywood movement

And she throws a tantrum

With her NEW BOSSES!!!

and remember everyone actually loves these guys! They WANT TO WORK WITH HER.

What the f was she thinking?

And Gal don't know NONE of this is going down????

This same regime is trying to decide if they gonna scrap ALL THIS.

There is a strong possibility they would have KEPT all this into the new generation of DC film...

She may have singlehandedly messed up any proper snyderverse resolution

Last edited:

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

True or not

I TOLD you she gonna NEED to clean this all up

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
The rumors were she would not come back with a new pitch for WW3. Now she says she did not walk away and that it was her understanding that there was nothing she could do to move the project forward?

I'm calling BS on this.

She probably didn't want to budge from her original BS pitch.

The fact that she sent (mentioned by a few people) them a wikipedia link to the page titled "character arc" just shows she's full of herself.

I would keep this bitch far the fuck away from DC and Star Wars properties.

Sounds like it's her way or the high way.

She may not have "left" on her own, but WW3 moved on without her.

ThaBurgerPimp

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
The rumors were she would not come back with a new pitch for WW3. Now she says she did not walk away and that it was her understanding that there was nothing she could do to move the project forward?

I'm calling BS on this.

She probably didn't want to budge from her original BS pitch.
Wonder what this pitch was...

HAR125LEM

Rising Star
Platinum Member

WB/DISOCVERY is such a Shit-Show.
And it seems like Gunn and Safran are following the typical Hollywood line.

"OH YEAH GAL! WE'LL CALL YOU!"

And just blew Her off.

But She should have not said anything until everything was gospel.
Now it's a gossipy Back & Forth.

Gunn's "SUPERMAN: LEGACY" better be the BEST Comic Book Film Of All Time.
Or His rep is toast.

HAR125LEM

Rising Star
Platinum Member
They still havent announced who's playing Luthor.
Movie Luthor is like Movie Dr. Doom.
It's tiring that both have to appear in every damn film of their protagonists.
In the upcoming "FANTASTIC FOUR" film, it's rumored to be Galactus.
And this time, not as SOME FUCKIN' CLOUD.

I'm hoping for Braniac regarding Superman this time out.
CW's "KRYPTON" had the character practically right.
It just needed a larger SFX budget.

spider705

Light skin, non ADOS Lebron hater!
BGOL Investor
Movie Luthor is like Movie Dr. Doom.
It's tiring that both have to appear in every damn film of their protagonists.
In the upcoming "FANTASTIC FOUR" film, it's rumored to be Galactus.
And this time, not as SOME FUCKIN' CLOUD.

I'm hoping for Braniac regarding Superman this time out.
CW's "KRYPTON" had the character practically right.
It just needed a larger SFX budget.
Isn't it crazy how the CW shows can get the shit so right but then the movies are dumpster juice?? The animated division as well, they hit it out the park more often than not... like, go hire these people and get them to work on your big budget films

ansatsusha_gouki

Land of the Heartless
Platinum Member
Isn't it crazy how the CW shows can get the shit so right but then the movies are dumpster juice?? The animated division as well, they hit it out the park more often than not... like, go hire these people and get them to work on your big budget films

When they killed off the Suicide Squad on Arrow,it was the beginning of the end with me for the DCU. While,I understand;people's issues with tje first movie I actually enjoyed it but it wasn't better than the version on Arrow.

The CW version was grittier and the characters were well written but the movie version was okay at best.

What's crazy is that the actress that voiced Harley Quinn in the Batman Animated Series reprised her role for live action version on Arrow...

Heavenlywings77

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
When they killed off the Suicide Squad on Arrow,it was the beginning of the end with me for the DCU. While,I understand;people's issues with tje first movie I actually enjoyed it but it wasn't better than the version on Arrow.

The CW version was grittier and the characters were well written but the movie version was okay at best.

What's crazy is that the actress that voiced Harley Quinn in the Batman Animated Series reprised her role for live action version on Arrow...

I have so many complaints about the arrowverse

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

Patty Jenkins says Wonder Woman 3 is dead 'for the time being, easily forever,' gives Rogue Squadron update​

The director is back to working on a script for the "Star Wars" film: 'I now owe a draft.'
By
Jessica Wang

Published on March 14, 2024

Patty Jenkins has confirmed that she's back to working on Rogue Squadron now that Wonder Woman 3 is no longer taking flight.

Jenkins said her time on Wonder Woman 3 is "over for the time being, easily forever" in the wake of James Gunn and Peter Safran's overhaul of the DC Universe. (News broke that the third installment would not move forward in December 2020.)

"It's not an easy task, what's going on with DC," Jenkins said in a new interview with HBO Max's Talking Pictures Podcast. "James Gunn and Peter Safran have to follow their own heart into their own plans… I have sympathy for what a big job it is."

On the bright side, Wonder Woman 3 being axed has allowed Jenkins to return to Lucasfilm's Rogue Squadron, which is set to center on fighter pilots in the Star Wars universe. Disney previously removed the movie from the studio's release schedule in late 2022, after Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy revealed that it was on hold. Jenkins said she is currently working on a script for it.

“When I left Star Wars to do Wonder Woman 3, and I started working on that, we talked about, ‘Well, maybe I’ll come back to Star Wars after Wonder Woman 3, so we started a deal for that to happen,” she said. “When Wonder Woman 3 then went away, Lucasfilm and I were like, ‘Oh, we’ve got to finish this deal.’ We finished the deal right as the strike was beginning, so I now owe a draft of Star Wars. So we will see what happens there. Who knows?”

“They have a hard job in front of them of, 'What’s the first movie they’re going to do?'" Jenkins said of Lucasfilm. "They have other directors who have been working, but I am now back on doing Rogue Squadron. We’ll see what happens. We need to get it to where we’re both super happy with it.”

Patty Jenkins attends the 76th Directors Guild Of America Awards at The Beverly Hilton on February 10, 2024 in Beverly Hills, California.

Patty Jenkins.
EMMA MCINTYRE/GETTY
The movie has not officially been greenlit, but Jenkins would be "absolutely" happy to take on the project. “The emotion of Star Wars and what it stands for is something so beautiful in this world," she said. "If i can do something beautiful and do something that serves that audience, I would love to do it.”

Lucasfilm did not immediately respond to EW's request for comment.