Wonder Woman: WW84 | Official Thread | DC Comics

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
A universe can be done if you take the time to make a blueprint and build a team you trust to be in charge. But the execs go in headfirst and want to just come out with Endgame profits and not want to build up to that. We jumped from Superman origin to Batman has been around for a decade to Justice League to Wonder Woman has been around for decades with Flashpoint hanging around our heads while Death of Superman was sprinkled on top of The Dark Knight Returns. 0 planning.
All they had to do was make a sequel to man of steel.. they couldn’t even do that

VAiz4hustlaz

Proud ADOS and not afraid to step to da mic!
BGOL Investor
I think that's the point they will eventually reboot this shit but they not talking about rebooting shit. They can talk that reboot shoot all they want but they got so much invested in films that are already filming or have stories.....they need to get rid of this whole DCEU shit...everyone can't do what Marvel did and hell I'm not even sure if Marvel can do what they did. Its like trying to draft another Lebron James. They going to forever be chasing some shit they can't obtain.

But they do have a chance to do their own thing. There's no rule that you have to make a "universe". It seems like it would easier for them to just make standalone films like they've been doing with Joker and Shazam....probably their two best films they've had in recent memory.

Did Marvel plan it’s universe from the start? Or did they just run with it after the first Ironman’s success.

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Did Marvel plan it’s universe from the start? Or did they just run with it after the first Ironman’s success.

Yeah I believe Kevin Feige started this shit from the ground up and always had this planned out. I know they were suppose to share the same universe but I don't know if it was always intended to share as much as it did.

But what DC is trying to do or tried to do is share the same universe without building from the ground up. They tried to fast track that shit. They aren't willing to abandon anything and I can't see a real reboot until they do so which is why I say just forget the whole universe thing if you not gonna do it right.

D'Evils

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
In her defense.....she's just directing....I can't blame her for that shitty script....
Writing Credits

Patty Jenkins...(story by) &
Geoff Johns...(story by)
Patty Jenkins...(screenplay by) &
Geoff Johns...(screenplay by) &
Dave Callaham...(screenplay by)

Yeap... and WB green lit everything for her... WW84 was her first writing credit since 2003's Monster...

But From what I been reading she's only directing the Star Wars Movie...

Day_Carver

Rising Star
Registered
Yeah I believe Kevin Feige started this shit from the ground up and always had this planned out. I know they were suppose to share the same universe but I don't know if it was always intended to share as much as it did.

But what DC is trying to do or tried to do is share the same universe without building from the ground up. They tried to fast track that shit. They aren't willing to abandon anything and I can't see a real reboot until they do so which is why I say just forget the whole universe thing if you not gonna do it right.
The funny thing is Feige has already shown everyone the blueprint, sort of :giggle:so mofos dont even have to think about it. Just follow directions and people can't even do that :smh:

gutsdabeast

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The worst thing about this movie is that it was long & boring. So much unnecessary shit happening that could have saved at least 30 minutes.

In 2020 with 200 million dollar budgets, we're still shooting fight scenes in the dark to hide atrocious CGI. If you can't do it, cut it.

The action that did exist was dull & boring. The only way it appears DC knows how to write their god characters in movies is to de-power them.

That's why they'll never make movies better than Batman. Superman & Wonder Woman are too powerful to write a movie with real stakes.

Not without endangering the world. How the hell was this movie not the most talked about thing in history? The world had a nuclear war in 1984.

With the powers WW has, how the hell is Cheetah even a threat? I'm not a comic guy so if anyone can explain that I'd appreciate it.

If I was rating this movie I'd give it a 4. Too much nonsense & plot hole the size of a mack truck ending.

The wishes themselves like Bruce Almighty would have destroyed the world before WW could get EVERYONE to renounce their wishes.

VAiz4hustlaz

Proud ADOS and not afraid to step to da mic!
BGOL Investor
The worst thing about this movie is that it was long & boring. So much unnecessary shit happening that could have saved at least 30 minutes.

In 2020 with 200 million dollar budgets, we're still shooting fight scenes in the dark to hide atrocious CGI. If you can't do it, cut it.

The action that did exist was dull & boring. The only way it appears DC knows how to write their god characters in movies is to de-power them.

That's why they'll never make movies better than Batman. Superman & Wonder Woman are too powerful to write a movie with real stakes.

Not without endangering the world. How the hell was this movie not the most talked about thing in history? The world had a nuclear war in 1984.

With the powers WW has, how the hell is Cheetah even a threat? I'm not a comic guy so if anyone can explain that I'd appreciate it.

If I was rating this movie I'd give it a 4. Too much nonsense & plot hole the size of a mack truck ending.

The wishes themselves like Bruce Almighty would have destroyed the world before WW could get EVERYONE to renounce their wishes.

"How the hell was this movie not the most talked about thing in history? The world had a nuclear war in 1984." :hmm:

gutsdabeast

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
"How the hell was this movie not the most talked about thing in history? The world had a nuclear war in 1984." :hmm:

Perhaps I didn't word the sentence the best.

How the hell was what happened in the movie not the most talked about thing in history in the DC movie universe?

There was a nuclear war in 1984. Did everyone in the world forget that those wishes happened?

Did the movie explain that everyone had memory loss? Better? Does this explain my point better?

TimRock

Don't let me be misunderstood
BGOL Investor
DC gonna DC

it was dumb fucking idea to place this last one in 1984, even dumber to have Cheetah as the villain.

Lou_Kayge

Rising Star
Registered
DC gonna DC

it was dumb fucking idea to place this last one in 1984, even dumber to have Cheetah as the villain.

WeGotthisCovered isn't a reputable site.

HAR125LEM

Rising Star
Platinum Member
DC gonna DC

Nah.
What Jenkins and Co. should have done was adapted George Perez's run from the late 80s.
Or modernized it for these times.
And his version of Cheetah was a real threat to say the least.
The dumb fucking idea was to make Wonder Woman campy and shit.
As some silly tribute to Richard Donner's "SUPERMAN" films.
Which was a really bad tonal shift from the first "WW" film and her other appearances in Snyder's universe.

ShortyCumStain

Rising Star
OG Investor
DC gonna DC

DC fuckin' sucks and seemingly have no idea of what they're doing. Every other year there's reboots and Batman or Superman origin stories. And WW84 was str8 trash.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

Gal Gadot brings out her 'inner bat' and dons Ben Affleck's mask in celebration of Batman Day

The Wonder Woman actress posted a video trying on Ben Affleck's Batman mask to honor the day dedicated to the DC comics superhero.
By Andrea Towers
September 20, 2021 at 02:59 PM EDT

Gal Gadot not only fights alongside Batman — she appreciates him, too. In honor of Batman Day, the Wonder Woman actress posted a video of herself trying on Ben Affleck's bat cowl during filming of 2017's Justice League.
"It's not that bad," Gadot can be heard in the video after crew members help place the heavy mask on her head. "Or my head is not that big."
As Gadot models her new look, the crew joins in on the fun, with a makeup artist adding lipstick and mascara and someone joking that she looks like "Batman's sister."
Gal Gadot as Batman

| CREDIT: GAL GADOT/INSTAGRAM
"Bringing out my inner bat," Gadot captioned the video, which she shared on Instagram. "Happy Batman day! #BatmanDay #Batmanday2021."

This isn't the first time Gadot had donned her costar's famous cowl: In 2018, she posted a black and white still from a photoshoot for Halloween. Showing off how she looked in the famous costume (our verdict: pretty cool), she added the iconic words, "I'm Batman."

Gadot is currently on a break from her superhero life as she prepares to release the Netflix action comedy Red Notice, which arrives Nov. 12 and reunites the actress with her Fast & Furious costar Dwayne Johnson. And in her personal life, she's adjusting to a new iteration of a role she's been playing for the past few years. In June, she welcomed her third daughter Daniella, along with husband Jaron Varsano.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

Six Flags Magic Mountain lassoes record-breaking Wonder Woman roller coaster

California theme park announces new Wonder Woman Flight of Courage roller coaster on DC Comics' official Wonder Woman Day in celebration of the superhero's 80th anniversary.
By Joey NolfiOctober 21, 2021 at 08:00 AM EDT

Six Flags Magic Mountain has lassoed a DC Comics icon for a new roller coaster joining its impressive lineup of thrill rides.
The California-based park announced Thursday it will open Wonder Woman Flight of Courage as the world's tallest, fastest single-rail roller coaster in the summer of 2022. Magic Mountain's 20th overall roller coaster, Flight of Courage will take riders up to 131 feet in the air over 3,300 feet of track, with riders experiencing three inversions at speeds approaching 60 miles per hour during the ride. Its entrance plaza will feature Greek architecture and tropical landscaping, and guests will be immersed in the story of Wonder Woman's life and the tale of how she obtained her super powers as they wait to board.

Made by the Idaho-based Rocky Mountain Construction — the company behind several wood-to-steel coaster re-tracking projects at Six Flags parks around the world — Wonder Woman Flight of Courage will be located in the DC Universe section of the park atop the site formerly occupied by a short-lived Green Lantern ride. The addition joins the park's already robust roster of DC-themed attractions, including Superman: Escape From Krypton, Riddler's Revenge, and Batman: The Ride. A new, innovative restaurant and bar experience and more retail locations with exclusive DC merchandise are also heading to the park alongside the new ride.
Wonder Woman Flight of Courage at Six Flags Magic Mountain

| CREDIT: SIX FLAGS MAGIC MOUNTAIN
News of Six Flags Magic Mountain's new coaster falls on DC Comics' official Wonder Woman Day, which celebrates the 80th anniversary of the superhero's debut.

Though it is the latest DC-based attraction joining the Six Flags family, Wonder Woman Flight of Courage is not the first to use Wonder Woman's likeness. Six Flags Fiesta Texas opened its single-rail, multi-inversion Wonder Woman Golden Lasso coaster in May 2018, while Six Flags Mexico debuted its free-spinning Wonder Woman ride the following month.
Two other Wonder Woman rides operate at park properties in the United States, both named Wonder Woman Lass of Truth: A 24-story extreme swing at Six Flags America in Maryland, and a giant pendulum-style attraction at Six Flags Great Adventure in New Jersey.
Wonder Woman Flight of Courage Six Flags Magic Mountain

| CREDIT: SIX FLAGS MAGIC MOUNTAIN
Since her 1942 debut, Wonder Woman has become one of the most popular characters in DC history, regularly appearing in comics, animated media projects, video games, and more. Director Patty Jenkins recently helmed two live-action feature films following the heroine: 2017's Wonder Woman and its 2020 sequel Wonder Woman 1984 — which collectively grossed nearly $1 billion at the worldwide box office.
See concept art and a preview video for the Wonder Woman Flight of Courage coaster heading to Six Flags Magic Mountain in 2022 above.