Who makes the BEST ROTI in your city?

cognac_boy

Support BGOL
Registered
Rita's Roti Shop Washington D.C. and I dont even eat that shit but that,s where it been at for about 30 yrs.....

Ohmylawd

Potential Star
Registered
Fuck all that. I gots two places only purists on here will know about.

Sauce in Curepe, and Hott Shoppe in St James. (I actually wrote that shit down so I never forget it)
:eek::yes::D

I grew up in St James, Hott shoppe is de truth. But there is a woman who sets up a small spot, opposite Smokey's (western main rd - after 7:30pm) that has a wicked, yet small beef roti.
two beef w/pepper and a shandy - Western Main rd = heaven
one shrimp w/bodi & pumpkin & pepper and a shandy - Hott Shoppe = heaven

water

Transparent, tasteless, odorless
OG Investor
Fuck all that. I gots two places only purists on here will know about.

Sauce in Curepe, and Hott Shoppe in St James. (I actually wrote that shit down so I never forget it)
:eek::yes::D

:confused::confused::confused:

sauce doh sell roti, he does sell doubles......... steups.

Patraj was the man back then not sure about now.

Also Sunrise Roti Shop & Homes restaurant in Arima........

:yes:

dime bag

Rising Star
Registered
my aunt makes the best roti ....... worst place is the golden palace on nostrand (their currents rolls are off the hook though :yes:)

John_Gault

Support BGOL
Registered
Can't help you in Houston. But there's a spot called 'Sprinkles' in Brooklyn, on Myrtle and Washington, that makes a good Roti.

Hmm, this thread gave me an idea. Since mothers day is coming up, might have to get down and make some for ma' dukes.

JG

TROUBLED MAN

Potential Star
Registered
Go to Liberty Ave

SANDY'S ROTI SHOP AT 121-10 LIBERTY AVENUE

GOT THE MOST SLAMMIN ROTI IN TOWN. DOUBLES ARE OFF THE CHAIN TOO. MADE TO ORDER RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOU...BE SURE TO ADD PUMPKIN OR TAMIRAND IT AND I LIKE MINE WITH PEPPER. YOU CAN ALSO PICK UP SOCA/JAMAICAN/ET. AL MIX TAPES IN THE BACK OF THE SHOP AND GET YOUR DRINK ON - YES THEY SELL CARIBE!!!!

RoadRage

the voice of reason
BGOL Investor
How yuh does mek dhal so? Dyes some backwards ting nah. De geera must brown first. Whey yuh gey dat rip from? Steups!

After getting a brief translation of your quote, my wife explained to me that the geera is already brown. Here is the pic of the geera she uses.
practicepics9001.jpg

practicepics9003.jpg

bgbtylvr

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
yeah, man! Not even from an island, but i gets down with the Roti! That real shit got the bone in it..LOL!!!! Choke a new nigga ta deff!!!! LOL!!!! Lot of deceases tourists off that pure island Roti! LOL!

RoadRage

the voice of reason
BGOL Investor
Be safe where you buy your Roti from, cause my wife used to know a owner of a Roti shop in brooklyn (thats no longer open) and they would offer me free food over there, but she warned me not to eat from there. She never explained why, but one day after the shop closed, and the light went dim in the front, I was sitting on a stool in the front, while the workers straiten up in the back. Next thing I noticed around 20 big ass rats came running from nowhere!:smh:
What makes it worse is the fact that the workers were casual about them and paid them no mind! one big motherfucker, ran to the front where I was sitting, and I jumped like, oh shit a rat! Till this day I swear that rat looked back at me in the eye in shock, as if to say "a rat where?" It was the rat was so used to people being used to him that my shock scared him!
When my wife came back, I told her I'm bouncing, and I never came back to that spot!
I been to the back of Ali's and Gloria's and I know that they are both clean establishments, especially the new Flatbush Ali's shop, but for the most part I have my wife cook my Roti's for me, and I know its good to go.

Last edited:

Drayonis

Thedogyears.com
BGOL Investor
Be safe where you buy your Roti from, cause my wife used to know a owner of a Roti shop in brooklyn (thats no longer open) and they would offer me free food over there, but she warned me not to eat from there. She never explained why, but one day after the shop closed, and the light went dim in the front, I was sitting on a stool in the front, while the workers straiten up in the back. Next thing I noticed around 20 big ass rats came running from nowhere!:smh:
What makes it worse is the fact that the workers were casual about them and payed them no mind! one big motherfucker, ran to the front where I was sitting, and I jumped like, oh shit a rat! Till this day I swear that rat looked back at me in the eye in shock, as if to say "a rat where?" It was the rat was so used to people being used to him that my shock scared him!
When my wife came back, I told her I'm bouncing, and I never came back to that spot!
I been to the back of Ali's and Gloria's and I know that they are both clean establishments, especially the new Flatbush Ali's shop, but for the most part I have my wife cook my Roti's for me, and I know its good to go.

That could happen anywhere! KFC had them rats serving chicken:lol:

4ce of n8ur

Star
Registered
i had gloria's due to people talking about it but i didn't see what all the fuss was about everything else i got from her was good but the roti so so

talking about gloria on nostrand and sterling place? overrated. there is a spot on the same block going towards st. john's that's a million times better. don't know the name tho.

even glenda's on st. john's around the corner better than gloria's.

master-ceo

Star
Registered
In Queens check out Jeans Restaurant for great roti. It's near corner of Farmers and Linden. Don't forget the Rum Raisin shake -- Slammin.

Next Time I hit the Hood I will check this spot out.

That Rum Raisin Shake sounds :cool::cool::cool:
:dance: I could taste that shit while I type this

Majestic Lion

fidélité à la mort
Registered
Liz sold that spot as far as I know.

The shopping centre next to the Jamaican market that burned down, Liz moved the store down in there. Not that it matters, because the food sucks. A lot of the cooks have been playin' musical chairs with the various restaurants around Atlanta for the last few years.