Who makes the BEST ROTI in your city?

Drayonis

Thedogyears.com
BGOL Investor
big-roti.jpg

Looking for a good place to buy some in Houston. My Caribbean people stand up!

master-ceo

Star
Registered
my moms, but since she retired I got to give it to the new Liz Roti House (don't know the new name) on Covington Hwy. in Decatur Ga.

Matter of fact. I know whats for lunch now :dance:

M3MD

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
There's a Trini spot in NW Baltimore County called Sweet T&T and their roti and everything is all that. The best Trini spot in Bmore

master-ceo

Star
Registered
the one across from prime time??

not directly across but down the street a little bit on the Left Past Gary's. You would pas Prime Time on the Right.

Right their on the left you cant miss it. Its diagonal to that Soul Food Place on the right.

what exactly is roti??

it looks like a beef patty with some curry potatoes.

Basically dough, with chick peas lightly fried

Edit: Correction: Dough and Yellow Split Peas.

Last edited:

Drayonis

Thedogyears.com
BGOL Investor
My mom used to make it all the time when we were growing up. If I was on death row I'd want ROTI to be my last meal!!:yes::yes::yes::yes:

itzmotto

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Well The Best is Ali's I'm in bk but there there bake n things best bites and there a spot on utica and church got some of the best roti i ever had but i don't know the name of it

Wuntyma

Support BGOL
Registered
in NYC - Gloria's on Nostrand Ave is the truth

in Atl - Tassa Roti Shop in Marietta makes it 20 times better because its fucking buffet style.... buss up shut/ roti/ curry mango/dhalpari the whole 9 yards.

Nuff said:dance:

SNYC

Lurking. I'm on that other board
Registered
ehh..

give me a lamb gyro off the truck and i'm good

itzmotto

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
in NYC - Gloria's on Nostrand Ave is the truth

in Atl - Tassa Roti Shop in Marietta makes it 20 times better because its fucking buffet style.... buss up shut/ roti/ curry mango/dhalpari the whole 9 yards.

Nuff said:dance:

i had gloria's due to people talking about it but i didn't see what all the fuss was about everything else i got from her was good but the roti so so

MCP

International
International Member
In London, there a roti shop in Shepherds Bush, can't remember the name of the shop. Roti selling like hot cakes.

People use to travel from all over London just to buy them from there.

glen107wood

Star
Registered
It's Curry Chicken, or beef, or shrimp with potatoes wrapped in a "Chick pee dough"......shit is the fucking bomb!!!

and how exactly do you say it?

is it like rotty (like the nickname for a rottweiler)

or like roety or row-T

does it rhyme with hottie??

and wtf is "buss up shut"

bigirl

anti- voluntary ignorance
BGOL Investor
Well The Best is Ali's I'm in bk but there there bake n things best bites and there a spot on utica and church got some of the best roti i ever had but i don't know the name of it
Yes Ali's and also Gloria's :yes: