Study: Fried food not bad for heart if cooked in olive, sunflower oil

3 Times

Star
Registered
Word...

I just demonstrate a little self discipline and don't eat fried food...

The powers that were know that we are becoming more and more health conscious and they intend to feed us disinformation in order for us to remain unhealthy and therefore keep our spirits down and we are easier to control that way

Mixd

Duppy Maker
BGOL Investor
If you can't fry it with Crisco I ain't eating it...
crisco-shortening.jpg

You need to stay far from it

http://www.motherlindas.com/crisco.htm

On April 25, 2001, Procter and Gamble (P&G) put its product Crisco on the auction block, just ten years short of its 100th birthday. Crisco, initially made with hydrogenated cottonseed oil, is the quintessential imitation food, and the first to make its way into American kitchens.
The story of Crisco begins innocently enough in pre-Civil War America when candle maker William Proctor and his brother-in-law, soap-maker James Gamble, joined forces to compete with fourteen other soap and candle makers in Cincinnati, Ohio. P&G entered the shortening business out of necessity. In the 1890s, the meat packing monopoly controlled the price of lard and tallow needed to make candles and soap.1 P&G took steps to gain control of the cottonseed oil business from farm to factory. By 1905, they owned eight cottonseed mills in Mississippi. In 1907, with the help of German chemist E. C. Kayser, P&G developed the science of hydrogenation. By adding hydrogen atoms to the fatty acid chain, this revolutionary industrial process transformed liquid cottonseed oil into a solid that resembled lard.1

Not content with using hardened cottonseed oil for soaps, and mindful that electrification was forcing the candle business into decline, P&G looked for other markets for their new product. Since hydrogenated cottonseed oil resembled lard, why not sell it as a food?

The new product was initially named Krispo, but trademark complications forced P&G to look for another name. They next try was Cryst which was abandoned when someone in management noted a religious connotation. Eventually they chose the near-acronym Crisco, which can be derived from CRYStalized Cottonseed Oil.

Crisco was introduced to the public in 1911. It was an era when wives stayed home and cooked with plenty of butter and lard. The challenge for Crisco was to convince the stay-at-home housewife about the merits of this imitation food. P&G’s first ad campaign introduced the all-vegetable shortening as “a healthier alternative to cooking with animal fats. . . and more economical than butter.” With one sentence, P&G had taken on its two closest competitors—lard and butter...

... We also didn’t know that the partially hydrogenated oils in Crisco—the trans fatty acids—were bad for us. In fairness to P&G, they didn’t know this either, not at first. But when reports of problems began to appear—problems like increased heart disease, increased cancer, growth problems, learning disorders and infertility—P&G worked behind the scenes to cover them up. One scientist who worked for P&G, Dr. Fred Mattson, can be credited with presenting the US government’s inconclusive Lipid Research Clinics Trials to the public as proof that animal fats caused heart disease. He was also one of the baleful influences that persuaded the American Heart Association to preach the phony gospel of the Lipid Hypothesis. The truth about the dangers of trans fatty acids in foods like Crisco is finally emerging. Perhaps that is why P&G decided to put their flagship product up for sale.
This is why Proctor and Gamble sold off Crisco, afraid of lawsuits.

I only cook with Extra Virgin Olive Oil, then deep fry with only Peanut Oil. In my house we buy no other oils. Sunflower, Vegetable and especially Canola is out of the question. Check out this book The Liberation Diet. He breaks down the science behind all the oils.

Try using REAL Butter in cooking if possible. You would be surprised how many margarine spreads we use and buy that are nothing real BUT chemicals, it's why America is diseased. Real butter is good for you.

When I first heard about this, I tried finding butter in the supermarket, it's the hardest thing to find, it's about 10% of what's in the "butter" section. Everything else is fake like "I Cant Believe Its Not Butter" cause it's NOT! Or all them other things on the shelves in the refrigerated aisle.

For these manufacturers, there is no profit in selling us real products. They prefer to sell things that carry 2-5% of anything real in it and the rest of the product is chemicals to enhance the taste.

REAL Butter is so damn good, try it, for taste and your family's health.

Mixd

Duppy Maker
BGOL Investor
And just to add, deep frying is a lot different than frying on a stove. Many studies have shown that the temps that food is cooked at, like chicken or turkey, retains none of the oils, as in using peanut oil, is a lot healthier, similar to baking the meat/poultry. It's similar to if you boiled the meat, but oil just holds at a higher temp than water, cooks way faster. And ain't nothing like Fried Turkey! Fuck baking!

Frying porous things like french fries, you are getting the oils in the potato, so it is different in that aspect and oily/greasy.