Seafood Gumbo (Cooking with Carolyn)

MASTERBAKER

༺ S❤️PER❤️ ᗰOD ༻
Super Moderator
<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/SqQm2RDq0D8?version=3&feature=player_detailpage"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/SqQm2RDq0D8?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>
I have a great recipe for you instead of your regular Christmas Ham. Seafood, Chicken and Sausage Gumbo. Serve it as a soup before dinner or as the main course. I know this one will be a hit! Of course, you'll need my seasoning go to http://www.gdseasoning.com
gumbo+002.JPG

moblack

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I swear not a couple of weeks don't go buy I'm eating some gumbo. South East Texas/ Louisiana folks love gumbo. Main key is having some good roo.

black again

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Ok..NOW, that I've seen the vid...:smh:

Boneless, skinless chicken in gumbo? no okra? It looks beige? Where's the gumbo file? Hush puppies?

Her's looks too plain (white) :yes:..gotta put ya foot in it..

I just assumed that since she's heavy, she knows what she's doin...:smh:

Jigganaut

Star
BGOL Investor
Ok..NOW, that I've seen the vid...:smh:

Boneless, skinless chicken in gumbo? no okra? It looks beige? Where's the gumbo file? Hush puppies?

Her's looks too plain (white) :yes:..gotta put ya foot in it..

I just assumed that since she's heavy, she knows what she's doin...:smh:

Word up. How you not going to have Gumbo File in that bitch give it that dark color and flavor. chicken with skin and bone is a must as well.

Ninja05

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Word up. How you not going to have Gumbo File in that bitch give it that dark color and flavor. chicken with skin and bone is a must as well.

Bruh I saw this and said the same thing. My mom makes gumbo every christmas when I come home. That shit is dark as hell with okra, chicken with the skin/bone...

Mo-Better

The R&B Master
OG Investor
There's dozens of variations on gumbo. There really is no one way no make it. I've seen it turkey, potatoes and tomato in it. Its basically what ever you put in it. However I too prefer it with okra and instead of bay leaves use a bag of crab boil. Just don't forget that bag is in there.

MASTERBAKER

༺ S❤️PER❤️ ᗰOD ༻
Super Moderator
Creole Gumbo
<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3Jlzbwe-mvs?version=3&feature=player_detailpage"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3Jlzbwe-mvs?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

Wilma's Creole Seafood Gumbo
<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/TohKib94q7c?version=3&feature=player_detailpage"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/TohKib94q7c?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

Shrimp and Okra Gumbo Recipe
<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/G0RryCeecYQ?version=3&feature=player_detailpage"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/G0RryCeecYQ?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member
I just did a gumbo its probably my favorite meal especially with king or snow crab.

used these once, best i can remember
Crabs-Boiled.jpg

There's dozens of variations on gumbo. There really is no one way no make it. I've seen it turkey, potatoes and tomato in it. Its basically what ever you put in it. However I too prefer it with okra and instead of bay leaves use a bag of crab boil. Just don't forget that bag is in there.

likely the taste im talking about

That is not gumbo :smh:[/QUOTE]

:lol::lol::lol:

Gadgetman

Support BGOL
Registered
Yes sir I real meal for the weekend, thank you.

I make make a mean seafood and sausage broil......

ballscout1

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I don't put okra in mine.....It's okay the first day but after refrideration that shit too slimey for me.Plus I only like okra breaded and fried.

LurkMode

Support BGOL
Registered
I didn't watch the video, but I'm sering people say there was no okra in it. That's impossible. The literal translation of gumbo is"okra soup". That's counterfeit gumbo she was making

moblack

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Thats not gumbo :lol::lol::lol::lol: You bring that shit to SouthEast Texas and folks gonna give you the :puke: face.

Mo-Better

The R&B Master
OG Investor
used these once, best i can remember
Crabs-Boiled.jpg

likely the taste im talking about

That is not gumbo :smh:

:lol::lol::lol:[/QUOTE]

You see the size of those crabs? It was a crime to take them out the water. :roflmao:

But seriously if I want decent crabs I have to drive to Savannah. That's like a 3 hour drive. I love blue claw crabs but not when their that small.

Oh as as for gumbo ingredients I've see people use, chicken gizzards, chicken wings even Polish kielbasa. There's no rules to fixing gumbo, whatever is in the fridge throw it in there.

icefuzion

Support BGOL
Registered
True New Orleans gumbo base has Smoke sausage, blue crab (aka the gumbo crab) Hot sausage, shrimp, okra and then you add in whatever. Most old school people add gizzards, chicken necks, chicken feet etc.
Here is a pic of gumbo I made for christmas!

375338_2093014865269_1842232709_1396296_452468668_n.jpg

cocobeauty

Rising Star
Super Moderator
:dance::dance::dance:

Awwwwwwww, sooky now!!

THIS is my NYE tradition...bout to get out my Jethro bowl..

Same here every New years we have a seafood dinner. Seafood gumbo, crawfish etoufee, crab legs, jambalaya and fried fish.

Last year we had some many people over, I was afraid I didn't make enough gumbo, but we did, and then I ended up making more for my family later the next day.

Go to go to the Asian Market for my seafood today, because I'm not sure if they're open tomorrow or not.

cocobeauty

Rising Star
Super Moderator
True New Orleans gumbo base has Smoke sausage, blue crab (aka the gumbo crab) Hot sausage, shrimp, okra and then you add in whatever. Most old school people add gizzards, chicken necks, chicken feet etc.

You did the damn thang!!!!!!:yes::yes:

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member

You see the size of those crabs? It was a crime to take them out the water. :roflmao:

But seriously if I want decent crabs I have to drive to Savannah. That's like a 3 hour drive. I love blue claw crabs but not when their that small.

Oh as as for gumbo ingredients I've see people use, chicken gizzards, chicken wings even Polish kielbasa. There's no rules to fixing gumbo, whatever is in the fridge throw it in there.[/QUOTE]

In the Boot most folks use those, i dont fuck with crabs like that anyway so it dont bother me.

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member

Man might invest in a bigger pot, this was about a hour after tha shit was done. Cook this to eat while we prepared our Thanksgiving meal.

img0631mi.jpg

fattmojo1

Star
Registered
I didn't watch the video, but I'm sering people say there was no okra in it. That's impossible. The literal translation of gumbo is"okra soup". That's counterfeit gumbo she was making

While what you say may be true, I make my gumbo minus the okra, grandma always had okra on the side for folks who wanted it, but she did cook the okra in the gumbo in a mesh bag so it was easy to fish out.

My version of gumbo contains crab, sausage and chicken with skin and bone but the broth is deep brown, no white broth. wife was looking at me crazy first time I made it and ask why chicken with skin and bone, I said flavor baby. The broth and roux starts it but the seafood and chicken and sausage finish it.. since then she is first in line with a bowl when I make it. :dance:

doggish_098

Rising Star
Registered
While what you say may be true, I make my gumbo minus the okra, grandma always had okra on the side for folks who wanted it, but she did cook the okra in the gumbo in a mesh bag so it was easy to fish out.

My version of gumbo contains crab, sausage and chicken with skin and bone but the broth is deep brown, no white broth. wife was looking at me crazy first time I made it and ask why chicken with skin and bone, I said flavor baby. The broth and roux starts it but the seafood and chicken and sausage finish it.. since then she is first in line with a bowl when I make it. :dance:

wet chicken fat... naw i'm cool

black again

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Would ya say that shit?
:lol:

that chick didn't have bones or skin to da first :smh:

moblack

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Black people cooking with the skin on. Man gumbo not supposed to have the skin it. Yuck ya'll niggas trying to do to much to gumbo. Keep that shit fucking simple and its on point every time.