dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Who's been screaming that??????? I'm an AEW fan and have always agreed Mastermind's rhetoric... "Enjoy the show...." Period.
I’m not trying to intentionally derail the love fest AEW getting but two weeks ago Edge gave a promo about how fans basically should enjoy wrestling and screw the whole divide amongst fans who are marks for certain brands. Not even a week later TK contributes that divide by releasing the CM Punk footage which caused fans on his own promotion to chant for him. Then a segment later his top wrestler talks about how Hhh got his job from grinding the boss’s wife lol… AEW fans rooted for all this lol…..

Mastermind2002

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I’m not trying to intentionally derail the love fest AEW getting but two weeks ago Edge gave a promo about how fans basically should enjoy wrestling and screw the whole divide amongst fans who are marks for certain brands. Not even a week later TK contributes that divide by releasing the CM Punk footage which caused fans on his own promotion to chant for him. Then a segment later his top wrestler talks about how Hhh got his job from grinding the boss’s wife lol… AEW fans rooted for all this lol…..

Some AEW fans rooted for it but most didn't care. I talked to a number of fans last night and they're over the whole Punk drama and just want to enjoy wrestling.

God-Of-War-420

Mr. Pool
Congrats to Becky but I felt they should've had a tournament to decide the new champion. A Battle Royal seemed like lazy booking.

I was thinking the same thing, a tournament would have gotten us closer to rheas return and been more interesting. I wonder if it has anything to do with Becky's contract coming up for renewal, Maybe they thought it would give her more incentive to sign.

Mastermind2002

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I was thinking the same thing, a tournament would have gotten us closer to rheas return and been more interesting. I wonder if it has anything to do with Becky's contract coming up for renewal, Maybe they thought it would give her more incentive to sign.

The only thing that's gonna give her incentive to re-sign is getting the bag. I don't know what Charlotte got but it's gonna have to be on that level or better. If they play games and don't give her what she's worth she'll walk.

God-Of-War-420

Mr. Pool
The only thing that's gonna give her incentive to re-sign is getting the bag. I don't know what Charlotte got but it's gonna have to be on that level or better. If they play games and don't give her what she's worth she'll walk.
I'm sure they're gonna pay up, she'd be an actual loss, If aew grabbed her i could see her and the black and white chick have a nice rivalry.

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
Congrats to Becky but I felt they should've had a tournament to decide the new champion. A Battle Royal seemed like lazy booking.

At least they didn't make someone an interim champion.....lolz

A tournament would have been better but a battle royal is quick. I would have preferred a gauntlet match instead.

Although I would have liked to see Nia have a run, having Becky win it makes sense. Glad they didn't have Liv win it last night, as Liv winning it from Becky would do so much more in elevating Liv than having Liv win the championship in a battle royal.

Becky will be a transitional champion. Liv will get the belt at an upcoming PPV and hold onto it for a minute until Rhea is ready to comeback and get her belt back.

XXXplosive

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
It was the right call to give the belt to Becky rather than Liv and I didn't mind them having a battle royal.
Having a tournament with a lot of these mid card girls is a tough ask for most viewers and would have tanked the ratings.
This way you decide the new champion in one night and in one segment.

And let's be honest, Becky ain't going anywhere else. Neither is Seth. If Becky left, then Seth would have to go too.
I'm sure Becky sees the shitshow that is the AEW women's division and all the ex-WWE people that have gone there and accomplished nothing.
If anything, Becky might just 'retire' and take time off to raise her daughter.

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
It was the right call to give the belt to Becky rather than Liv and I didn't mind them having a battle royal.
Having a tournament with a lot of these mid card girls is a tough ask for most viewers and would have tanked the ratings.
This way you decide the new champion in one night and in one segment.

And let's be honest, Becky ain't going anywhere else. Neither is Seth. If Becky left, then Seth would have to go too.
I'm sure Becky sees the shitshow that is the AEW women's division and all the ex-WWE people that have gone there and accomplished nothing.
If anything, Becky might just 'retire' and take time off to raise her daughter.
Yeah I was gonna say if they did a tournament with all their best wrestlers it could’ve been interesting but these tournaments are always the same….

Mastermind2002

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Although a Ospreay/Swerve main event at "All In" would be great people are gonna complain and start a racial thing about "the black man's title reign was too short" so maybe TK extends Swerve's reign to at least nine months and have Swerve face someone else at "All In". On another note it looks like TK is gonna do Willow dirty by having her drop the belt to C. E. NO at "Double Or Nothing". So Willow only gets a one month title reign. Boooo!

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
Goddamn, I feel bad for him. sounds like working for WWE was his dream and all he ever wanted to do.

Can't say I'm familiar with his work, outside of a few matches I think I saw.....Good luck to him, but crying on video? Damn....

blackman80

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Although a Ospreay/Swerve main event at "All In" would be great people are gonna complain and start a racial thing about "the black man's title reign was too short" so maybe TK extends Swerve's reign to at least nine months and have Swerve face someone else at "All In". On another note it looks like TK is gonna do Willow dirty by having her drop the belt to C. E. NO at "Double Or Nothing". So Willow only gets a one month title reign. Boooo!

Brother , I say they should let Swerve keep the title the rest of this year and maybe early next year!!....That would be a good look cause you know any match that Swerve will be in..It's going to be a good match!!..So I say let him keep the belt for the rest of the year!..Now, if they want to put a belt on Ospreay this year..I say at All In, let Ospreay vs Roderick Strong for the AEW International Title Belt..Put that belt on Ospreay for right now!!.. :yes:

As for that match with Willow vs Mercedes at Double or Nothing...That's some Bullshit TK is doing for making that match!!..:angry:.By TK giving that chick Mercedes Mone a title in her first match is a slapped in the face and show disrespect to all the AEW Women's wrestlers that were there and putting in the work at AEW...Shit, Ana Jay, Mariah May, Serena Deeb, Sky Blue, Athena from ROH or Queen Animata should get opportunity to wrestle Willow at the next ppv!!...This is some Bullshit that TK is doing!!...:angry:

chrislee

Rising Star
Super Moderator
Goddamn, I feel bad for him. sounds like working for WWE was his dream and all he ever wanted to do.

Can't say I'm familiar with his work, outside of a few matches I think I saw.....Good luck to him, but crying on video? Damn....

Mastermind2002

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

This is why other wrestling companies exist. Wrestlers need to stop putting all their eggs in the WWE basket. Stop the crying and take your ass to New Japan, TNA, ROH etc. Work on your craft and build up your stock and then WWE will want you back when the time is right. Years ago Swerve got released by WWE but he didn't whine and cry about it. He worked his ass off and is now a World Champion.

XXXplosive

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
This is why other wrestling companies exist. Wrestlers need to stop putting all their eggs in the WWE basket. Stop the crying and take your ass to New Japan, TNA, ROH etc. Work on your craft and build up your stock and then WWE will want you back when the time is right. Years ago Swerve got released by WWE but he didn't whine and cry about it. He worked his ass off and is now a World Champion.
Exactly.
These guys gotta stop attention-whoring for sympathy, stop the crying, dust yourself off, re-invent yourself and work on your craft so that maybe in a few years the big companies like a WWE will come calling again with a much bigger contract.

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
Great point.
Exactly.
These guys gotta stop attention-whoring for sympathy, stop the crying, dust yourself off, re-invent yourself and work on your craft so that maybe in a few years the big companies like a WWE will come calling again with a much bigger contract.
Yep!

Man, I didn't want to call him out on his tears but part of me wanted to quote Bernie Mack (RIP) on some "Quit crying, do some pushups or something..."

It's not a good look to see a man crying onscreen. Yeah it sucks he lost his job. People lose their jobs every day. He's just lucky to have had one that had him on TV.