Heavy D Dead at 44

2nd2none

Rising Star
BGOL Gold Member
:( depress as hell right now about this, got me feeling like the day Pac and BIG left us:smh:

RIP HeavyD the flyest big brother in tha room :)

weisdaclick

Support BGOL
Registered
RIP Hev you had a smooth rapping style and I always admired how you carried it off without swearing.

44 is damn young to be passing away :smh:

AtomAnt

Cookie Monster Cookie Jar
BGOL Investor
Black Coffee No Sugar No Cream

That's the kindda girl I want down with my team

And on and on 'til the end

2a4pbg2.jpg

blackman80

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
aww man, i heard about him passing away while i was driving to work...i was sad the whole night...i'm a Heavy D fan and he will be truly miss..he was one of the best rappers that ever did it..:yes:..RIP Hev

OutlawR.O.C.

R.I.P. shanebp1978
BGOL Investor
Its crazy this brotha's death really hit me today. This shit is so unexpected, out the blue and happened to somebody seemingly so undeserving of an untimely death. I've been playing peaceful journey on repeat like crazy really feeling this one.

R.I.P.

rip-2369.jpg

Jboogiee

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I used to pump some Heavy D. back in the day. I remember seeing him open for Public Enemy on the Fear Of A Black Planet tour on a bill that included EPMD,Big Daddy Kane & Digital Underground,those we're good times.
RIP Heavy.

Ricardo Belvedere

Support BGOL
Registered
R.I.P. :(damn, this one really hurts man. what a good dude. praying for his family. damn this gonna be really tough for Pete Rock:(

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
peace

Didn't pay attn to this as that's my joint from '00 as it drove this album into your bones

Heavy had that kat dig deep & bring it home.
That track's amazing!:cool:

True soulful pioneer with something burning inside that had to come out one way or the other despite & thanks to wild assed times.

Setting standards these kats don't even realize that they maybe emulating.
Fuck beef, Heav had Pac & Puff before the impact of the $, egos, power & fame dancing to his music, loving hip hop.

& NOBODY had the meaner chicks in his videoes in the 90s than this man, setting the standards through his expressions.

AINT No More "RappinAcrobat" kats even trying to get it in like that anymore.
& C Breezy & the BEPs are the only ones nice enough who cold feel it & properly pay hommage to what that man brought forth with his energy.

Classic, One of a Kind Legendary Influence
Nasty:smh::cool::(

peace

so true.... r i p

The whole Uptown \Mt Vernon crew is crying tonight... from Father MC n Teddy Riley all the way to Harrel and Puffy

Lets not forget the reggae /dance hall collabs...

Last edited:

krispmx

Star
Registered
woooooooooooow, at a lost for words. For now I'm just gonna say: Go in peace brotha :smh::smh::smh:

and

man thanks for this. I forgot about him doing the theme to in living color. soon as he came out the rap just flowed from my lips. I cant believe i still remember that. He will definitely be missed.

patscorpio

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Few of the shoutouts that have been collected in the past day:

Pete Rock: "No words can describe the sadness I feel inside my heart. Hev was my biggest cheerleader, introduced me to the game and he Dwight Errington Meyers p/k/a Heavy D most importantly was my family. This is a very sad night for me. He was good to be true".
Busta Rhymes: "Heavy D is my friend. Heavy D is my big brother. He was my biggest inspiration because I use to want to be like him before I entered the entertainment industry. I’m having an extremely difficult time excepting this. I was just with him at the BET Hip Hop Awards. We both were waiting for our vehicles to pick us up and for 45 minutes we had a deep discussion catching up with each other and talking about the good ole days. When I usually see him it was in passing so it was usually quick but the last time I seen him we really got to talk. This tell me that we were suppose to have that conversation because that was going to be last time I was going to see him. I’m going to miss him. We are going to a better job at keeping each other legacy alive. This news saddens me deeply."
Nas: RIP TO A REAL HIP HOP LEGEND HEAVY D!
Questlove: Damn man. This is a wake up call like a mofo. Heavy D was a good friend & he'll be missed. Night I met him is funniest story ever.
Ice T:He was just on SVU jokin around.. I feel sick. Everyone on the SVU set devastated. Especially me and Mariska
LL Cool J: May GOD embrace the soul of Heavy D and Bless his family. I respected you Heavy and I always will.
Q-Tip: This can't be true please sumone.
Russell Simmons: I am deeply saddened by the sudden loss of Heavy D. A long time friend and a beautiful person
Rev Run: R.I.P to one of the best rappers who ever Did it @HeavyD You will be missed tremendously!
Saigon: Heavy D passed away.... Say it isnt so
Styles P: Rip heavy d! Thanks for putting 914 oon the map!
Xzibit: Rest in peace Heavy D.
Timbaland: i'm at a lost for words rip heavy d
Crooked I: I hope that s--t is false
Tim Westwood: R.I.P. Heavy D - goin to miss you big homie.
9th Wonder: Rest in peace brother
Twista: The best to ever do it!! #rip Heavy D, so blessed and honored to be at the @hiphopawards @106andpark and watch him do his thang
Big Sean: RIP to Heavy D... I just seen him like 3 weeks ago
Ghostface Killah: To Allah we are born unto Allah we must return, a man of greatness, may his soul Rest In Paradise, Heavy D.May Allah make it easy 4 his fam.
DJ Clark Kent:Rest In Power to The Man, Father, Friend, Overweight Lover, The Blue Funk, Dwight Arrington "Heavy D" Meyers. I Wish You A Peaceful Journey.
Ludacris: Money Earnin Mount Vernon. My Pops & Grandpops were from there. Rest in Peace Heavy D. He put Mount Vernon on the Map.
Juelz Santana: A! RIP Heavy D. He was a Hip Hop Legend.
Phife Dawg: R.I.P.2 the late great Heavy"Diddlee"D! I remember him calling me in 92 (in LA) barking on me 2 eat right w/that NY/Yawd man patois! BLESS!
Memphis Bleek: R.i.p to a legend!! Heavy D!!!
Roc Marciano: R.I.P heavy D I was inspired by this man
Swizz Beats: Wow life is 2 short i am twisted about my brother The Great Heavy D R.I.P this is wack!!!
Ras Kass: Salute & RIP Heavy D thank you for what u always will be in HipHop. Legendary
Chuck D: heres our salute to HEV @hiphopgods @heavyd
Red Cafe: Sad day.. All my friends & dj's please salute the great heavy d' & play nothing but heav. He will be missed. But not forgotten.
Big Boi: R.I.P Heavy D a true pioneer may god bless your soul
Cassidy: R.I.P to the over weight lover Heavy D.. One of the first rappers to really do it big!!!! A big part of why HipHop is as large as it is!!!
Wyclef Jean: I am in the middle east and i just heard that a great Hip Hop icon past away one of my favorite ones, R.i.P. to Heavy D
Chris Rock: About 20 summers ago Heavy took me out on the road as his opening act. Best time of my life. Really gonna miss him.
Naughty By Nature: Heavy D was a great influence and mentor to Naughty by Nature. I learned how to be gentleman in this industry by following his example. We will miss Hev dearly.
Pharrell: I remember "I need somebody" and "now that we found love" and countless other Heavy D masterpieces. What a force. He will be missed.
P Diddy: My Heart is Broken. Pls pray for my man Heavy D and his Family. PLS #RipHeavyD love you Boy. 4ever!
DJ HouseShoes: Heavy D. Unbelievable.
Usher: This is too heavy, I can't beleive it. HEAVY D was just here. Turly gone too soon. My heart and support goes out to his family. RIP HEAVY
Common: Heavy D was...no...is one of Hip-Hops finest. Your art and contribution will live 4ever brother!
Mistah Fab: R.I.P HEAVY D grind king just paying respects to a LEGEND
Chubb Rock: Heavy D taught me how to perform
Joe Budden: RIP Heavy D
Quincy Jones: I am devastated to hear the news about my little brother Heavy D.
Meshell Ndegeocello: Heavy hearts for Heavy D
Sheek Louch: R.I.P the late GREAT..! (HEAVY.D)...914....will miss you...! GOD BLESS..
P Diddy, again: Heavy D is the person who gave me my 1st chance in the music industry. He got me my internship at Uptown. He Believed when no one else did.
Roc Marciano, again: when i wrote songs like snow i used flows from Heavy D true story
Immortal Technique: Heavy D and Joe Frazier : Toast to the Dead rest in power
J-Zone: Heavy D RIP. As a kid in Westchester County he put our region on the map. Plus he had the best album title ever (Waterbed Hev). Rock on Hev
Apparently he's getting shouted out onstage by Kanye + Jay Z during the Watch The Throne Concert right now too.

SIDESHOW

Uncle Juice
BGOL Investor
so true.... r i p

The whole Uptown \Mt Vernon crew is crying tonight... from Father MC n Teddy Riley all the way to Harrel and Puffy

Lets not forget the reggae /dance hall collabs...

yup...:dance:

damn, this is so fucked up. :(:smh:

Mr. Met

So Amazin
BGOL Investor
peace

I know right:(:angry::(
peace

If I'm not mistaken, looked like he had JazmineGuy up front so open during that she was ready for a flashback of some ski off of a mirror or toilet & bust out doing the Whitley dance:dance:

One of the 1st & best to have ever done it if you really think about it.
Latifah was doing her thing & Big D was doing Him, consistently with reoccuring characters & good presence, big & little screens{Roc, NJDrive, LIFE, etc}, EARLY!

& STILL remember him trying to pull this young artist coat about being an entertainer & not no gangsta in patois when on the mic on that RosiePerez BernieMack hosted showcase she had on HBO in '92

Wow, the homegirl from BK was in that AlB video:cool:

To me, his HARDEST Dance joints he ever put out & probably on record for danceable R&B type hip hop tracks where u dance to him spitting are WeGotOurOwnThing extended version & YouCan'tSee:eek: Crazy Classic Wreck Catching Material!

peace

This may be his best song.

Diomedes3000

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
RIP Heavy D I remember my older brother bumping the overweight lover when I was a little shorty running around the house dancing that was the shit :yes: sad sad news :(

krispmx

Star
Registered
He stayed out of the media, was successful w/o being thug or disrespectful, and put out good music that all ages and etnicities could enjoy. Too bad he was the exception and not the ruls.

UltimateLurker

Star
OG Investor
Man, this shit really hurts.....I remember first hearing Puffy's name in 90' or 91' when Heavy and Puff use to throw parties(as promoters). I lived in Newark, NJ at the time. No one knew who the fuck a Puffy Daddy was till that incident at one of their parties where some folks got stampede, shit was all over the fucking news.....

A lot of cats owes the big man their career, Heavy was one of MCA's biggest artist and Puff was just an intern with Uptown/MCA.

Dude was mad humble, never saw him brag about putting Puff on, nada. Never heard him dissed anyone on hot-97, nothing....just a live and let live type brother :(

Last edited:

bborn

Rising Star
Registered
peace

Man, this shit really hurts.....I remember first hearing Puffy's name in 90' or 91' when Heavy and Puff use to throw parties(as promoters). I lived in Newark, NJ at the time. No one knew who the fuck a Puffy Daddy was til that incident at one of their parties where some folks got stampede, shit was all over the fucking news.....

A lot of cats owes the big man their career, Heavy was one of MCA's biggest artist and Puff was just an intern with Uptown/MCA.

Dude was mad humble, never saw him brag about putting Puff on, nada. Never saw him dissed anyone on hot-97, nothing....just a live and let live type brother :(

I used to hit up them parties, jams & stepshows @ CCNY b4 & during that time period when that shit happened;

I've waited on lines outside that & many a spot for up to 2hrs in the cold, have thrown 40 bottles off of the balcony & seen all types of wild shit in there when the promotors used to overpack them jams chasing that $mugga$ (especially muggs getting knocked the fuck out & robbed, then stepped over).
Picture lines 8-10 persons wide, extending the length of an entrance to CCNY or any particular venue, wrapping around corners where 10 pm was still VERY early in terms of getting to a jam;

if you were able to get in & go sit in that lobby with the big glass plane window, you could see who was on line like looking into a crowded fishtank.

Although that was a tragic incident & they or Puff in particular caught the flack, overpacked jams with wilding youth was a regular thing for those times & wasnt seen out of the ordinary.

That's just what it was back then within a climate where the mainstream, adults & general public THOUGHT this hip hop wild Urban youth energy was just a passing fad.

Big Heav kept it dignified when he addressed the public in the interview I posted in my 1st post a few pages back.

Puff was throwing parties either @ the RedParrot or the RedZOne back in those days, helping to maintain his bubble & hold of his core audience.
He said he created BadBoy to try & capture that wild, ill sick rockin vibe places like TheRooftop used to generate.

HeavD was the main steadily successful artist blowing up & on the comeup within that mid to late 80s, early 90s vibe ting.

peace