Heavy D Dead at 44

ak_rep

Rising Star
Registered
Heavy?, man. Career wise, I'm going to say Latifah and him go hand-and-hand. True pioneers amongst the golden era that exhibited intelligence, allegiance, diplomacy, family, positivity, heart, loyalty and career diversity. Real anchors amongst the hiphop community. Another pillar passing on.

Dirty Hubcaps

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
R.I.P

Actually feeling it right now as I listen to "Friends & Respect" from the Nuttin But Love album...

i tell you what, for the most part i was more sad for us as fans because heavy d rode that bitch till the wheels fell off. i dont mean the slightest bit of disrespect but he literally did ball till he fell. this is the intro to the nuttin but love album. mind you this was in 1994 but the respect from his peers is remarkable. peaceful journey big bro

"heavy's at the door so there'll be no bum-rushing"

phatkitty

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
:crymeariver:
If you are from Mt. Vernon and at least 25 it's like you lost a brother.
Heav put the city on the map and always showed the young people love. Great artist, but an even greater example.
RIP to the Overweight Lover!

militantmidget

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
RIP big homie. Damn, I always loved his music as a kid up to currently today. The brotha was definitely a pioneer in the rap game. He made it cool to be big and sexy with the ladies. Before Biggie Smalls, Rick Ross, Big Pun, Fat Joe, there was the overweight lover. Rest in Peace.

:(:(:(

oolong tea

Rising Star
Registered

Man, I was just pumping this jam last night!! Peep his masterpiece with the Bomb Squad (that's PE's production crew)

sixfig

Potential Star
Registered
Music is one of the most important part of my life and Heavy was a part of that. I grew up on your music and I'll remember you through your music. I wish you a Peaceful Journey. :(:(

KATDADDY

underground king
BGOL Investor
r,i,p , one of the best of the big boys that dance ,, and had fun ,, size did not matter to him

unknownsoldier

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
just saw him in Tower Heist

got a nice reaction from the crowd

R I P

:cool:

:yes:

We were all like, its good to Heavy back on the scene

first my momma
now heavy
crying.gif

Sorry to hear that bro :(

R.I.P Heavster the Rap Register...Music was a blueprint and a soundtrack to some of the happiest times/era in my life, will be truly missed mayne, and never forgotten...:(

:yes:

Chitownheadbusa

♏|God|♏
BGOL Investor
44?
:smh:
Wasnt he just dancing his ass off on the BET awards?
That was a few weeks ago.
WTF man!
:smh:

RIP

pneumonia

Jack Lalanne was healthier than a mofo...but was killed by the same thing.
I think Heavy D's weight and the Jack's "wear and tear age" played a part in both of their deaths.
......but I could be wrong.

kewlphucker

Star
Registered
In my opinion you know someone is a Legend In Hip-Hop when you don't realize their impact until they're gone.

R.I.P Hev.​

UNSEEN

Rising Star
Registered
heav did his thing on this planet..brought us classic joints and memories..and now he is with the father..r.i.p.

bborn

Rising Star
Registered
peace

there are few people who are known as an entertainer - rapper, dancer, singer, actor, producer, writer...he was known for all of those things. listening to the westwood interview, he produced hits for other rappers, and produced what is known by most to be a classic song - summer rain by carl thomas. 8 pages of replies and not a single bad thing said about him....he defined an era of music and was still producing relevant content. tonight I am saddened by this man's full and true potential only being partially realized. r.i.p. to a legend.

Didn't pay attn to this as that's my joint from '00 as it drove this album into your bones

Heavy had that kat dig deep & bring it home.
That track's amazing!:cool:

True soulful pioneer with something burning inside that had to come out one way or the other despite & thanks to wild assed times.

Setting standards these kats don't even realize that they maybe emulating.
Fuck beef, Heav had Pac & Puff before the impact of the $, egos, power & fame dancing to his music, loving hip hop.

& NOBODY had the meaner chicks in his videoes in the 90s than this man, setting the standards through his expressions.

The raw NASTY street version
blended with the '88/89 clubbed out version

:itsawrap:
CLASSIC
Him & Troy, clowns, chicks, everybody goin SICK:puke::smh::yes: up in there during the patentleather/rubber sole, vest/knickers/Gear house hip hop shit that the music had us acting
TeddyRiley @ his best
That vid captured how we were getting it in 88-90

AINT No More "RappinAcrobat" kats even trying to get it in like that anymore.
& C Breezy & the BEPs are the only ones nice enough who cold feel it & properly pay hommage to what that man brought forth with his energy.

D Influenced kats like young fam to rep the set

Classic, One of a Kind Legendary Influence
Nasty:smh::cool::(

peace

ron2k7

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
REST IN PEACE, "OVERWEIGHT LOVER IN THA HOUSE" ! HEAVY D WILL BE MISSED FOR LATE 80's & EARLY 90's MUSIC!!

:smh::smh::smh:
:(:(:(
:crying::crying::crying: