Drake ain't backing down - "I should had Joe Budden up here to do Pump It Up"

ak_rep

Rising Star
Registered
I promise you I don't get why people think Joe Budden is a super lyricist.

And I've tried to give him a chance on numerous occasions. Not my cup of tea, I reckon.

Ask Drake. He praised him lyrically. Drake doesn't want it, because Joey will continue to light his ass up.

And as far as being "super lyrical." There's always an argument against that. No one is super lyrical. But Joe been had them bars.

This is white collar vs blue collar.:itsawrap:

Zyin

Rising Star
Registered
weak way out
that is like apple holding a fanboy conference and dissing samsung/windows

DJCandle

BGOL Investor
does it really matter how he got on top.... bottom line he's the lion @ THE TOP

The fact that this is even a question, shows your level of understanding of the game.

Bottom line... No hip hop head cares about that bottom line.

34real

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Drake's at the peak of his career so no matter what he says or does won't go against him.Joe Buddens is actually benefiting more from it than Drake is.

Pac said it best,when the momentum is on your side no one can beat you but for him he mentioned the rappers that everyone says that could lyrically beat him from NY.

Drake will eventually bottom out and by then he should of moved on to something else like acting seriously.

BDR

BeatDownRecs
BGOL Investor
Ask Drake. He praised him lyrically. Drake doesn't want it, because Joey will continue to light his ass up.

And as far as being "super lyrical." There's always an argument against that. No one is super lyrical. But Joe been had them bars.

This is white collar vs blue collar.:itsawrap:

Yeah but Joey Ortiz eats Joe's lunch everytime they are on a track

theteacher

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Nas
Big
Rakim
Kool G Rap
Drake
How do you put an artist in your top 5
who is known for keeping and using ghostwriters?

That's like saying my top 5
people who gave the speeches:
Malcolm X
Martin Luther King, Jr.
John Fitzgerald Kennedy
Barack Obama
Melania Trump

You dudes give this generation of rappers too much leeway
from Rick Ross to Young Thug

BDR

BeatDownRecs
BGOL Investor
So you're fwella now?:hmm: Let that man answer his own inquires. Ortiz isn't Joe nor has the major/ underground acceptance as Joe. He learned from him lyically. Joe was cooking in the early ealry 2000s. Ortiz wasn't.

You mean Joe was briefly cookin until Jay sonned him and Joe hasn't recovered since..

Joey my nigga but he the 5th best nigga on slaughter house

ak_rep

Rising Star
Registered
You mean Joe was briefly cookin until Jay sonned him and Joe hasn't recovered since..

Joey my nigga but he the 5th best nigga on slaughter house

That's all argumentative. 5th best?:eek2: But what's not argumentative is that Drake stands a chance in that octagon. OCKtagon. And you know it.:lol: If Joe is the fifth best, Drake and his team of writers are the sixth best, at best.

Last edited:

super_glue

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Fam, some of the best disses every got no radio play (outside of DJ free spins... next to no rotation). That's revisionist history. Once again, Drake fans rewriting history to try to help him out. At some point we gotta stop caping for this nigga.

Hit Em Up = no
No Vaseline = No
Bitch in Yoo = No
Against All Odds = no
Takeover = No (maybe I'm wrong here, but I remember just having it on the CD)
None of the Beans vs Jada shit got any rotation

These are ICONIC battles and weren't rotation tracks on Clear Channel/Viacom stations for whatever reasons. Disses have never been about radio play. We've never determined who won a battle by relevance or radio play. Try again
Hit Em Up got rotation in major markets. But Drake is taking an L here. L to Pusha, L to Common, L to Luda, L to Kendrick. I honestly wish Phonte and Pooh had roasted his Ass.
What's the story with these 2??? Never heard hard shit about it. Luda went allllllllllllll the way innnnnnnnnnn!!! This is how I want Luda to rap!!!
Drake over Snoop? Eminem? Pun? L? Pharaoh? Jay? Dre 3k???? really?
:lol2:

Last edited:

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member
COLIN POWELL WARNING:

Here's how it started (family can chime in if I happen to miss anything....I've been following Joe's podcast since the beginning so I've been paying attention)....And for the record, I've listened to Drake since "Comeback Season" so you know I'm not biased. But Drake has been acting like a bitch lately, so from this point forward he will be known as "Aubrey." :lol:

-Back in the Joe Budden TV days (before/when So Far Gone dropped,) Aubrey and Joe meet. Aubrey admits (on camera, in fact) that he's a Joe Budden stan. They stay cool and in contact, and over time end up fuckin a LOT on bitches in common.

-Some years later (when Aubrey blows up, he calls Joe, admitting he smashed Tahiry, Joe's recent ex at the time. Joe blows it off and gives him the OK, saying there's "No love lost." (see what I did there.) Joe obviously still feels a certain type of way though.

-Aubrey and Meek exchange disses...and Joe STILL supports/defends Aubrey and says Fuck Meek...and fuck Nikki too.

-"Views" drops. Joe critiques it on the "I'll name this podcast later" podcast for an hour plus, saying Aubrey no longer sounds "inspired" (fact) and that he picks on the little guy (all of the shots taken at Tory Lanez, yet Aubrey ignores Pusha, Common, and K.Dot when they come for him.) Joe STILL admits that he loves Aubrey's music.

-Aubrey records "No Shopping" with French in May...French leaks the "Pump pump pump it up" line...Joe sees the clip and hits the studio and starts writing "Afraid" and records it...but doesn't release it until the French track is released. Joe also starts writing two more Aubrey disses :lol:

-Aubrey drops "4pm in Calabasas, which most ppl think is a 100% Diddy diss....but its not. About 90% of the song is directed toward Joe....not even Joe realizes this at first.

-Once Joe "wakes up" and sees all of the subs Aubrey gave him on "4pm," he drops "Making a Murderer pt. 1" and then drops "Wake" a few days later.....and Aubrey has YET to respond to ANY of the records :itsawrap:

-Joe finally releases "Afraid," then French's "No Shopping" ft. Aubrey is released (folks think that "No Shopping" is a response to "Afraid," but it was actually recorded MONTHS ago, after Joe did the podcast dissing "Views...")

Aubrey KNOWS he can't fuck with Joe lyrically....but Joe is such a self-admitted sociopath that he refuses to let it go until Aubrey responds. He even admits to LOVING the "4pm in Calabasas track, because he sees the "hunger" in Aubrey again. I almost feel like Joe maybe trolling Aubrey because a) he KNOWS that he will destroy him lyrically b) Joe doesn't give a fuck about popularity and c) Hip Hop was BUILT on competition....

Aiight I'm done. :lol2:

*sidenote: I am NOT Joe Budden. I promise. *:lol:

Ok thanks for the quick run down...

I hope Drake don't back down, only because I think it would push him to another level.
(Stupid as that sounds, it just word play, selection and placement if we look at it in the simplest form)

shamone

Rising Star
OG Investor
Nas
Big
Rakim
Kool G Rap
Drake
i respect your top 4 regardless of the order. i think drake can rhyme when he choose to. but i don't think he's top 5. those 4 dudes on that list got classic albums and 20 years in aside from big ,for obvious reasons.

TheyCallMeBe

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Never understood why people can't like two competing artists lol...

It takes a great deal of talent to make well-written, concise music like Drake has done. It also takes a great deal of talent to write lyrically complex material within the context of a good song like Joe. Both have done what 99.9% of humans can't do. With that being said, Drake can't compete with Budden on some battle shit. When you literally do this for a living and you record with some of the greatest lyricists ever on a regular basis, your skills stay sharp.

lazarus

waking people up
BGOL Investor
Far better. And Joey aint even relevant. This clown Drake is just lucky this game he dominates isn't about spitting, but your PR push.
lets put this to the test. give me budden's best verse.

and I'll submit this: (starts at 1:46)

DJCandle

BGOL Investor
Never understood why people can't like two competing artists lol...

It takes a great deal of talent to make well-written, concise music like Drake has done. It also takes a great deal of talent to write lyrically complex material within the context of a good song like Joe. Both have done what 99.9% of humans can't do. With that being said, Drake can't compete with Budden on some battle shit. When you literally do this for a living and you record with some of the greatest lyricists ever on a regular basis, your skills stay sharp.

Some people like Pepsi, others like Coke. It's preference. Nothing wrong with that. Nobody has to like two things.

There's very minimal talent involved when it comes to the level of Drake's writing and that's what the streets know. He's not on because he's some unearthed talent, rather be benefits from the media machine his people run. I can literally walk over to my local mall and find 3 Aubrey's walking around, stick em in a booth and let em spit the same nonsense. The difference between them and Drake would be the media machine behind them.

THATS the disconnect, ESPECIALLY in a game like
Hip hop where you always need more than just media push to get you places. You needed skill.

BDR

BeatDownRecs
BGOL Investor
That's all argumentative. 5th best?:eek2: But what's not argumentative is that Drake stands a chance in that octagon. OCKtagon. And you know it.:lol: If Joe is the fifth best, Drake and his team of writers are the sixth best, at best.

Bruh everyone agrees Drake ain't on Joes level of lyricism but who makes better songs?

ak_rep

Rising Star
Registered
Bruh everyone agrees Drake ain't on Joes level of lyricism but who makes better songs?

You damn right Joe will bar him to death.

And better songs like what?:lol: Post them. And I don't even listen to Joe Budden songs like that anymore. Let's battle though. Joe is one of his daddy's. You can't win. No features neither.

Last edited:

BDR

BeatDownRecs
BGOL Investor
You damn right Joe will bar him to death.

And better songs like what?:lol: Post them. And I don't even listen to Joe Budden songs like that anymore. Let's battle though. Joe is one of his daddy's. You can't win. No features neither.

Fam stop it..... Drake wins on songs

mk23666

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

I must have read something wrong, but this is what I thought of when I read Drake's comment above about Joe Budden. LOL