Drake ain't backing down - "I should had Joe Budden up here to do Pump It Up"

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member
Drake Clowns Joe Budden (By Name) At "Summer Sixteen" Show
July 22, 2016 | 7:06 AM
Dallas, TX – On the first stop of his “Summer Sixteen” tour in Austin on Wednesday (July 20), Drake sent subliminals at “all you boys doing fake ‘Controllas’” — a not-so-subtle jab at fellow Torontian Tory Lanez (and possibly Tyga). Many Hip Hop fans responded by wondering why Drizzy was willing to send shots at anyone other than Joe Budden, the rapper and podcaster who has been wagingan all-out war on him for the last couple months.

Well, Drizzy has granted their wish.

On the second stop of his tour with Future on Thursday in Dallas, Drake spoke directly on the Slaughterhouse rapper who won’t leave him alone.

Here’s the clip.

“We got that good energy going on,” Drake tells the crowd. “I should’ve brought Joe Budden up here and let him do ‘Pump It Up’ one time tonight. Pump, pump, pump it up. Fuck them niggas, man.”

The quip about Budden’s biggest hit echoes the opening line from his own verse on French Montana’s recent “No Shopping” single, which was widely considered a response to Budden, even though Montana himself said it wasn’t.

Joe Budden responded to Drake’s shot — not with another diss track this time (yet) — but with a couple of quick tweets. He deleted the one about “attention” Friday morning.

Drake still has about 30 tour stops left over the next two months. Stay tuned to HipHopDX to see who he disses at Saturday’s show in Kansas City.

The Untouchable GDFOLKS

Real Niggas Get Real Pussy
BGOL Investor
Classic hoe shit from a bitch!

Fuck dissing a nigga in front of your fans..they are already on your side dick head....

this is hip hop....drop an ill diss record and let everyone decide who is the best MC!

6a010536846743970c011571474ced970c-pi

Drake been ducking battles for years and that is not hip-hop!

BDR

BeatDownRecs
BGOL Investor
I already told you niggas what time it was from that French Montana drake thread..

Drake trolling... Why a lyricist line Budden wasn't his time with a R&B singer who happens to know how to rap?

Naha-Nago

Rising Star
Registered
Which one makes music ppl will be listening to 30 yrs later like, damn remember this?

Neither????

Although Budden's downfall was that he couldn't keep musical muscle behind him consistently, I don't see Drake, the king of falsetto whiny rap, transcending time.

He has yet to have a critically, artistically, acclaimed album. He's had popular albums. But so has Vanilla Ice.

*two cents *

Naha-Nago

Rising Star
Registered
My answer would be drake or neither too.

Pump it up will be an oldie but goodie tho.

They have singles but an album....no and probably never in both cases.

Just keeping it hip hop, cause if I didn’t it wouldn't be fair, All Eyez on Me, Ready to Die, The Black Album, Doggystyle, 36 Chambers, College Drop Out, and pick any Outkast album could drop unheard today and destroy.

Drake...not so much.

*two cents *

Last edited:

Naha-Nago

Rising Star
Registered
This dude got slaoped by another man, in public... Didnt do shit... He lost the right to act tough for the rest of his life...

Drake get called out to the carpet every other year. I remember when I he puffed his chest out on a tattoo artist who tattoo Drake's name to an fan's forehead.

Tattoos artist told Drake if he's feeling froggy then jump he's not hiding.

Drake sent his body guard to give the artist a stern talking to...

No one has problems with Drake when he sings raps about his misadventures with money women and fame- that's when he's at his best.
HCruIAw.png

No one buying the tough guy bullshit he find himself selling. He ain't that guy.

*two cents *

Last edited:

BDR

BeatDownRecs
BGOL Investor
Keep it strictly hip hop. Drake is getting Meeked period. He set that bar, now it's killing him. DGAF about Stans and sales. It's mic skills time. Drake is even acting like Meek. Get in the booth or STFU.

How is drake getting meeked when nobody cares who joe Budden is ...

Radio not even playing anything of Buddens.. Unfortunate

exiledking

Rising Star
OG Investor
means nothing though because drake makes better music
In rap battle it does. I know some of you new hip-hop fans worry more about sales than actual talent but some of us know better. I like some Drake songs but right now this convo is about rapping. Remember rapping?

On top of that its been proven that Drake gets help in the song department too so who cares?

exiledking

Rising Star
OG Investor
Which one makes music ppl will be listening to 30 yrs later like, damn remember this?
Man, people don't remember based on merit , they remember music based on if they HEARD it. So even though I have budden as the better rapper, of course Drake music will around in 30 years.

Look at how everyone is going to sold out bad boy tours now. That wasn't the best music but it rang bells.

Truth be told even motown music wasn't the absolute best out but it's the soundtrack of an era.

exiledking

Rising Star
OG Investor
Classic hoe shit from a bitch!

Fuck dissing a nigga in front of your fans..they are already on your side dick head....

this is hip hop....drop an ill diss record and let everyone decide who is the best MC!

6a010536846743970c011571474ced970c-pi

Drake been ducking battles for years and that is not hip-hop!
He dropped a diss in a verse on a song. I guess even his fans didn't see it as a murder. And they damn sure didn't meme Budden to death like they did Meek so maybe he's feeling like - like what it is. His bars were just ok.

The Untouchable GDFOLKS

Real Niggas Get Real Pussy
BGOL Investor
He dropped a diss in a verse on a song. I guess even his fans didn't see it as a murder. And they damn sure didn't meme Budden to death like they did Meek so maybe he's feeling like - like what it is. His bars were just ok.
Yeah the joint with French..I haven't heard it but I can assume that the song wasn't even supposed to be a diss song as far as subject matter goes...straight hoe move to me!

He did the same shit to common on stay scheming!
Why is this nigga so scared to dedicate a whole diss track to real MCs?

You see how his bitch ass kept ducking Kendrick.

exiledking

Rising Star
OG Investor
Yeah the joint with French..I haven't heard it but I can assume that the song wasn't even supposed to be a diss song as far as subject matter goes...straight hoe move to me!

He did the same shit to common on stay scheming!
Why is this nigga so scared to dedicate a whole diss track to real MCs?

You see how his bitch ass kept ducking Kendrick.

Lol right. Kinda weird to take a verse you supposed to be talking about subject matter and flipping it to a diss- on someone else's song. It's like he wants protection from the other guy in the song lol

And common jumped back on it and KILLED him lol. After that Drake stfu and went to crying about it in interviews.

And yeah he TOTALLY steers clear if Kendrick, who is just as relevant if not more. He would rather only be in battles he can lean on his popularity to "win". If he dropped a song using his reach against Kendrick, Kendrick would have the same reach and his fans would have to base it solely on bars lol. Kendrick gave him a few taps and he went to interviews crying.he was the ONLY one who got offended by Kendrick saying he's out to body everybody lol

super_glue

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
How man
How is drake getting meeked when nobody cares who joe Budden is ...

Radio not even playing anything of Buddens.. Unfortunate
How many diss records got radio play? When did diss records become about radio play or who had the most money. It's always been about bars.

BDR

BeatDownRecs
BGOL Investor
How man

How many diss records got radio play? When did diss records become about radio play or who had the most money. It's always been about bars.

Shit too many to name .... All were relevant artist that's the point lol