Deion Sanders offered the Colorado job- Official Colorado season thread

BrownTurd

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
If a player didn’t want to do what you ask of them and choose to leave…

Then balls out how is that a Failure on you’re part
DB is probably the hardest next to QB to come in a start or play well right away. When you look at Mcclain’s class the top 3 DB’s are in the portal. I understand people are disappointed but it is to early to call him a bust

BrownTurd

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
This was made a big deal in the media and social media. I don’t think he was talking about McClain or any football player. Based on what we know of Prime, he has never went this direction

BrownTurd

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
At best 7-6 due to a very difficult schedule. They should make a bowl game which is a positive progression for any coach running a team that was so bad before Prime got there.

It will be curious to see of they can get to 10-11 wins in year 3 with all this turnover, no HS player development , constant coaching/system turnover and a new QB :eek: .
If he can get it done without high school players and the typical player development, He will change the game and others will definitely follow. Another season they miss a bowl game and the seats will warm up a bit

durham

Rising Star
Platinum Member
It's doesn't look like this is going to end well in Colorado for Prime.

Now Dylan Edwards is leaving too

This is just not sustainable to build a real winning program. It's looking like this entire situation is going to fail.

Black players just seem to only want to play for the edification of white coaches.

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member

This is just not sustainable to build a real winning program. It's looking like this entire situation is going to fail.

Black players just seem to only want to play for the edification of white coaches.
Now this is surprising, only other one would surprise me is Jimmy Horn or the sons leaving (Shilo, Shedeur or Trav) :lol:

Or if Lauren or Neely hit the portal

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
yo...is prime fucking lauren or what??

she is in that room comfortable and barefoot like she's his wife...
what yall think?

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member
yo...is prime fucking lauren or what??

she is in that room comfortable and barefoot like she's his wife...
what yall think?

I don’t know but ain’t many people go in that room with shoes on…

When they do go into the office, they rarely step on the light section especially Shedeur.

Deion stay checking him about that

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member
I talked to my homeboy about football.
He was talking about Trav and how dude got that house for his moms.

He stated, bruh I’m a huge Travis Hunter fan, dude is a 4.0 student, have his girl up there. Seem like they be on some childish stuff(in a good way). You have some many other dudes, doing this is that dude is focused. Then he got his moms a crib, while in fucking college. We as people often say we gonna do this or that for someone when we get straight. You have players in the league, who haven’t purchased their people a crib yet.

This when I brought up Cormani, saying I felt this was a decent cornerback environment to be apart of, but I do understand everyone don’t mesh well.

He said our peeps contact him

I said yea I saw they made his top 11…

he said yea ole boy talked to him, but said man I ain’t chasing behind him like that…
(idk what that mean, maybe the vibe Cormani give off)

BrownTurd

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

From what I know with some of my sources this appears to be a NIL issue. From what I heard was that Coach Prime was trying to sell if he put in the work he would get paid regardless.

BrownTurd

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I talked to my homeboy about football.
He was talking about Trav and how dude got that house for his moms.

He stated, bruh I’m a huge Travis Hunter fan, dude is a 4.0 student, have his girl up there. Seem like they be on some childish stuff(in a good way). You have some many other dudes, doing this is that dude is focused. Then he got his moms a crib, while in fucking college. We as people often say we gonna do this or that for someone when we get straight. You have players in the league, who haven’t purchased their people a crib yet.

This when I brought up Cormani, saying I felt this was a decent cornerback environment to be apart of, but I do understand everyone don’t mesh well.

He said our peeps contact him

I said yea I saw they made his top 11…

he said yea ole boy talked to him, but said man I ain’t chasing behind him like that…
(idk what that mean, maybe the vibe Cormani give off)

Prime has to find away not to lose his top recruits

SWATLANTA

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I don’t know man. Not hitting the recruiting trail is suspect. If he does not win, that will be a major talking point on sports talk.

But if he wins with portal players, that will change game and more will follow
I'm not a fan of his entire approach....from the introductory meeting with the team, to the lack of player development, to the undisciplined play, to the lazy recruiting practices etc. And I have followed this dude since he was a freshman at FSU in 1985...

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I'm not a fan of his entire approach....from the introductory meeting with the team, to the lack of player development, to the undisciplined play, to the lazy recruiting practices etc. And I have followed this dude since he was a freshman at FSU in 1985...
What was the issue with the introduction??

SWATLANTA

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
What was the issue with the introduction??
You put it on social media and grandstand in front of the group of young men that you are supposedly coming to lead. Then he proceeds to trash these kids and immediately cuts 90% of the roster. I can point out 2 other programs last year that were coming off 1 win seasons (Northwestern and USF) that the coaches actually did their jobs and coached up their kids to bowl game winning seasons. Colorado had kids who transferred away and made solid contributions to the squads that they went to. Some on the offensive line where his entitled kid would have benefitted from some of their abilities.

BGLR1212000

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
You put it on social media and grandstand in front of the group of young men that you are supposedly coming to lead. Then he proceeds to trash these kids and immediately cuts 90% of the roster. I can point out 2 other programs last year that were coming off 1 win seasons (Northwestern and USF) that the coaches actually did their jobs and coached up their kids to bowl game winning seasons. Colorado had kids who transferred away and made solid contributions to the squads that they went to. Some on the offensive line where his entitled kid would have benefitted from some of their abilities.
I don't think he cut them, he says they left. I think Deion is a great coach, but his style isn't going to work on the D1 level, unless he was to take over a program that's already stacked. His style was more suited for HBCU, and he was doing a fantastic job down there at JSU.

SWATLANTA

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I don't think he cut them, he says they left. I think Deion is a great coach, but his style isn't going to work on the D1 level, unless he was to take over a program that's already stacked. His style was more suited for HBCU, and he was doing a fantastic job down there at JSU.
He forced those kids out. Some of them spoke on the process of how he did it. At JSU he stacked his teams with D1 talent and he still lost in the biggest games (2 celebration bowls) vs kids who won't even get to play in the UFL. I am a massive college football fan and I have the utmost respect for good coaches (even ones who I personally couldn't stand like Spurrier, Lou Holtz, Urban Meyer etc) and I just don't see a competent coach when I look at Deion's approach. I could be wrong, but I don't like how he moves...

BrownTurd

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
He forced those kids out. Some of them spoke on the process of how he did it. At JSU he stacked his teams with D1 talent and he still lost in the biggest games (2 celebration bowls) vs kids who won't even get to play in the UFL. I am a massive college football fan and I have the utmost respect for good coaches (even ones who I personally couldn't stand like Spurrier, Lou Holtz, Urban Meyer etc) and I just don't see a competent coach when I look at Deion's approach. I could be wrong, but I don't like how he moves...
Yeah, just like you I follow college football closely. Some think it hating but we are just talking what we know from what history has shown. I don’t know any coach that survived not hitting the recruiting trail

SWATLANTA

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Yeah, just like you I follow college football closely. Some think it hating but we are just talking what we know from what history has shown. I don’t know any coach that survived not hitting the recruiting trail
When he said that he doesn't go to recruits houses and that they want to see how he lives, I was shocked...that is some weak shit to me. I don't think people realize how crazy it is for Dylan Edwards to hit the portal...that says a lot about how that program is being run.

BrownTurd

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
When he said that he doesn't go to recruits houses and that they want to see how he lives, I was shocked...that is some weak shit to me. I don't think people realize how crazy it is for Dylan Edwards to hit the portal...that says a lot about how that program is being run.
When he said that, I knew they were going to be on his head. But I think he was forced to admit it because that story had come out. His son should be able to get him 9 wins. The problem is that he didn’t recruit anyone elite to replace him

^SpiderMan^

Mackin Arachnid
BGOL Investor

You make some really good points.

The more I think about it, Coach Prime came in and was very disrespectful in the way he brought in his own guys. He formed a totally new team that predictably had a better record than last year’s team, but got progressively worse as the season progressed. He replaces both Coordinators after 1 season. The coordinators were highly paid. I believe that season was their highest paid seasons. The position coaches have NFL experience as players, but I can’t think of any NFL player that they developed. The top 5 out of their 6 RBs from last year have left after 1 season. All 4 RBs that Coach Prime brought in last year has left after 1 season.

Last edited:

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Colorado's Football Program Is Officially A Disaster​

ARLINGTON, TEXAS - MARCH 30:
Let's make one thing clear: Deion Sanders is a good football coach.
The former NFL star turned college football coach clearly knows what it takes to win games, both as a player and now as a coach. He did well at Jackson State and pulled off a couple of nice upset wins at Colorado in 2023.
But the Buffaloes program is a disaster right now. There's really no getting around that.

No program has seen more notable players transferring out than Colorado over the past year plus. This spring alone, more than a dozen players have left Colorado. On Tuesday, the Buffaloes lost their biggest name yet, as star running back Dylan Edwards decided to leave.

The Buffaloes have been losing so many players, that Deion's sons, Shedeur and Shilo, have taken to social media to try to do some recruiting on their own.

“Defense transfers DM me,” Shilo wrote in an Instagram story. “Offense transfers DM [Shedeur].”
He added: “This not Last Chance U."

Coach Prime's sons had a blunt message for the players leaving the program, too.
"If you're not playing here, that just means you're doing something wrong," Shedeur Sanders said. "If you're not playing here that means you're doing something—not listening to the coaches or something. Not everybody sees behind the scenes in practice and we know who these guys really are," Shilo said, finishing up his brother's point. "They might get on Instagram or Twitter or say something but it's not like you're even doing anything bro.

"Y'all don't know what is going on at practice every day because you just see highlight plays here and there but we practice every day almost. We know who is who and if somebody was done wrong we would know that."
That's understandable, considering they're playing for their dad. But clearly, the players leaving Colorado feel differently.
The father of one former Colorado player took a shot at Coach Prime, too.
"If my sons not RB1 We Gotta Go," the father wrote. "He was ready last year! He's a 100% this year! Unfortunately have to find another home where there's no favoritism and he is valued, appreciate and has no doubts about RB1. He is the best RB in Colorado...But He Not settling!"

It's not like Colorado has been killing it with high school recruits, either. Deion Sanders has infamously refused to do any in-person recruiting trips, choosing to have everyone visit him on campus. If that works, great, but it doesn't seem to be at Colorado.
The Buffaloes are coming off a 4-8 season in 2023. They're hoping to take a step forward in 2024, though at this point, you probably shouldn't count on it.

:scared: :scared: :scared: :scared:
Andrew Holleran

SWATLANTA

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
You make some really good points.

The more I think about it, Coach Prime came in and was very disrespectful in the way he brought in his own guys. He formed a totally new team that predictably had a better record than last year’s team, but got progressively worse as the season progressed. He replaces both Coordinators after 1 season. The coordinators were highly paid. I believe that season was their highest paid seasons. The position coaches have NFL experience as players, but I can’t think of any NFL player that they developed. The top 5 out of their 6 RBs from last year have left after 1 season. All 4 RBs that Coach Prime brought in last year has left after 1 season.
All signs point to some serious institutional issues and a lack of accountability imo...

BrownTurd

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Colorado's Football Program Is Officially A Disaster​

ARLINGTON, TEXAS - MARCH 30:
Let's make one thing clear: Deion Sanders is a good football coach.
The former NFL star turned college football coach clearly knows what it takes to win games, both as a player and now as a coach. He did well at Jackson State and pulled off a couple of nice upset wins at Colorado in 2023.
But the Buffaloes program is a disaster right now. There's really no getting around that.

No program has seen more notable players transferring out than Colorado over the past year plus. This spring alone, more than a dozen players have left Colorado. On Tuesday, the Buffaloes lost their biggest name yet, as star running back Dylan Edwards decided to leave.

The Buffaloes have been losing so many players, that Deion's sons, Shedeur and Shilo, have taken to social media to try to do some recruiting on their own.

“Defense transfers DM me,” Shilo wrote in an Instagram story. “Offense transfers DM [Shedeur].”
He added: “This not Last Chance U."

Coach Prime's sons had a blunt message for the players leaving the program, too.
"If you're not playing here, that just means you're doing something wrong," Shedeur Sanders said. "If you're not playing here that means you're doing something—not listening to the coaches or something. Not everybody sees behind the scenes in practice and we know who these guys really are," Shilo said, finishing up his brother's point. "They might get on Instagram or Twitter or say something but it's not like you're even doing anything bro.

"Y'all don't know what is going on at practice every day because you just see highlight plays here and there but we practice every day almost. We know who is who and if somebody was done wrong we would know that."
That's understandable, considering they're playing for their dad. But clearly, the players leaving Colorado feel differently.
The father of one former Colorado player took a shot at Coach Prime, too.
"If my sons not RB1 We Gotta Go," the father wrote. "He was ready last year! He's a 100% this year! Unfortunately have to find another home where there's no favoritism and he is valued, appreciate and has no doubts about RB1. He is the best RB in Colorado...But He Not settling!"

It's not like Colorado has been killing it with high school recruits, either. Deion Sanders has infamously refused to do any in-person recruiting trips, choosing to have everyone visit him on campus. If that works, great, but it doesn't seem to be at Colorado.
The Buffaloes are coming off a 4-8 season in 2023. They're hoping to take a step forward in 2024, though at this point, you probably shouldn't count on it.

:scared: :scared: :scared: :scared:
Andrew Holleran
For now, I would disagree with this article because they have not played a game. As mentioned, no coach has built a roster the way Prime has so there is legitimate concerns.

Truthfully, a successful season for Colorado would be 6 or 7 wins. That would be huge progress. To me a disaster would be 4 wins or less.

As long as his son is healthy, I think they should get at min 6 or 7 wins.

BrownTurd

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
:lol: :lol: damn y’all at Deion neck
Naw, no one on his neck yet. 6 or 7 wins would be a huge success next season. With Shaduer they should get that win total.

The ignoring high school recruiting will be talked about until he wins at least 10 or 11 games.

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member
Naw, no one on his neck yet. 6 or 7 wins would be a huge success next season. With Shaduer they should get that win total.

The ignoring high school recruiting will be talked about until he wins at least 10 or 11 games.

:lol:

Says the person that been bumping his gums about Deion since the start :lol:

Deion don’t do in home visits

Then it was he don’t play attention to high schoolers

Then it was he need to get on the road enough

I’m missing two here(I’m sure you’ll remember what you was saying)

Then it’s back to ignoring high schoolers….

One thing about it… you stay consistent:lol: