Brothas that cook

850credit

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I want to cook an easy meal to take over to a neighbor tonight (a very fine, in competitive athletic shape, lawyer neighbor)...any suggestions?

I need something that's tasty, healthy, and shows I can cook without trying to be a gourmet cook which I'm not.

xselent

Star
Registered
I want to cook an easy meal to take over to a neighbor tonight (a very fine, in competitive athletic shape, lawyer neighbor)...any suggestions?

I need something that's tasty, healthy, and shows I can cook without trying to be a gourmet cook which I'm not.

dont do it exactly like that....im sure she might eat healthy all the damn time

lamb is not necessarily healthy but thats ok cuz its different and nd easy to cook and not too filling to the point where she get the ITIS on yo ass

MT Hermit

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
2.73lb round roast (or cut of your choosing)
1/2 each of red, yellow, and red bell pepper cut into chunks
1 medium red(purple) onion cut into 8
garlic
1 packet onion soup mix
black pepper
sage
oven bag

mix all ingredients place in oven bag and let marinate over night...
cook on 350 for a 2-3 hours ( you can also use a crockpot and put it to cook all day)

SIDE DISH:

red potatoes cut in half (amount depends on size of your dish)
fresh dill chopped up
garlic
onion
Liv's Kitchen All Purpose Seasoning
olive oil

mix all with enough olive oil to coat the potatoes
bake @ 350 for about an hour

i don't really cook with salt, so you might need to add some depending on your taste. let me know what you think !

ANGRY MAN

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Damn sound like y'all fellas cook better than women,I know my team of women can't cook except one of them,besides her I can out cook the rest and that's bad!

Stix-N-Stonz

Dirty Civilian
Platinum Member
Damn sound like y'all fellas cook better than women,I know my team of women can't cook except one of them,besides her I can out cook the rest and that's bad!

sad aint it? my main girl is the only one that can chef, all the rest live on hotpockets. sad.

xselent

Star
Registered
my wife is learning and has been makin some bomb shit

but people normally say i kill it in the kitchen...and i usually just experiment...i just throw shit in a mixing bowl and cook it up

rocky

BGOL Junky
Registered
I looking for a good Dominican rice and beans recipe. I can't seem to get the flavor quite right. Any suggestions?

Wobble Wobble

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
My first attempt at homemade pasta would not make it in an Italian kitchen, but I'm determined to get better.

2 cups of AP flour (All Purpose)
3 large eggs and 1 egg yolk - all at room temperature
coarse salt
Extra flour for dusting

Put flour in large bowl, dig out a well, and put eggs and salt into center. Lightly scrape flour from edges of mound into eggs and slowly mix the two with large fork, until egg disappears. Then, using hands, knead the dough with your hands. To make things easier, you can use disposable gloves. Once it's smooth and elastic, let it rest for between an hour and two hours.

Divide the dough into equal portions then knead some more, being careful to fold it over and over and in opposite directions. This is to ensure that it gets spread out evenly. Now, either roll out with a roller or put into a pasta press. With a press, you do it at it's widest setting, reducing the spacing each time.

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/C9LHk0AJI7U" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

doggish_098

Rising Star
Registered
My first attempt at homemade pasta would not make it in an Italian kitchen, but I'm determined to get better.

2 cups of AP flour (All Purpose)
3 large eggs and 1 egg yolk - all at room temperature
coarse salt
Extra flour for dusting

Put flour in large bowl, dig out a well, and put eggs and salt into center. Lightly scrape flour from edges of mound into eggs and slowly mix the two with large fork, until egg disappears. Then, using hands, knead the dough with your hands. To make things easier, you can use disposable gloves. Once it's smooth and elastic, let it rest for between an hour and two hours.

Divide the dough into equal portions then knead some more, being careful to fold it over and over and in opposite directions. This is to ensure that it gets spread out evenly. Now, either roll out with a roller or put into a pasta press. With a press, you do it at it's widest setting, reducing the spacing each time.

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/C9LHk0AJI7U" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

you have to make love to that pasta better than you have made love to any woman in your life. that is the only way to get it right

xselent

Star
Registered
thank god this came back

i got some shit to show yall

starting with last night

7751fa22820511e19e4a12313813ffc0_7.jpg

SHrimp Etoufee ( at the crib)

4e0ea74e61d211e1abb01231381b65e3_7.jpg

Lam loin

1b5e73d861d211e1b9f1123138140926_7.jpg

Herb crusted rack of lamb

woodchuck

A crowd pleasing man.
OG Investor
sad aint it? my main girl is the only one that can chef, all the rest live on hotpockets. sad.

Most of the guys in my family are better cooks than the females, and the females in my family can flat out THROW DOWN in the kitchen. We're just better. What they see as a chore, we see as a passion, so there's more imagination in our dishes and we'll try outside the box ideas.

doggish_098

Rising Star
Registered
Most of the guys in my family are better cooks than the females, and the females in my family can flat out THROW DOWN in the kitchen. We're just better. What they see as a chore, we see as a passion, so there's more imagination in our dishes and we'll try outside the box ideas.

like i told my godson yesterday if you sit around and wait for a woman to provide you what you need your ass will eventually starve.

The Plutonian

The Anti Bullshitter
BGOL Investor
Sancocho (Dominican Stew)

I've never met anyone that can turn this down, it'll make a vegetarian think twice. :yes:

Sancocho.jpg

I'ma come back to this thread with pics of my daily dinner. I love cooking everyday. I like knowing what goes into my body. I have to prepare for the women of tomorrow (who can't cook for shit!).

Peace

Man what the fuck is in this? It looks good btw. Anyway, cook a seafood lover seafood Cioppino and she will never ever leave you. Lots of variations you can even simmer and cook the broth days ahead then do the rest of the ingredients. Man whut?:hmm: Fuck yall:lol::lol::lol:

Seriously man google it first, if you a cook it won't be hard.

rph2005

Rising Star
OG Investor
I got an old ass Recipe from the the Slaves(found by historians) that cooked for President Thomas Jefferson when he was in the White House, the Recipe is for Sweet Potato Biscuits.

I also love to do a 6 to 8lb Leg Of Lamb at least 2 or 3 times per year.

I also try to do a Standing Rib Roast(Bone in)during the Cold Weather Months when I can find Rib Roast on sale.

Around Thanksgiving I have a Favorite Homemade Dry Rub that I like to do on my Thanksgiving Turkey, and when I serve it I also do a Sausage-Cornbread Dressing.

I don't have one favorite, it all depends on the weather, Time-of-Year, and the occassion.

I don't even want to know the amount of slave spit that Jefferson ingested