JERK BBQ RIBS I MADE TODAY

MADE MY OWN JERK RUB.....ADDED SWEET BABY RAYS

4472329296_54ecf4d452_b.jpg

4471549757_128463ab59_b.jpg

4472328840_3deb9e3190_b.jpg

DeSiRe

The Get It Girl
BGOL Investor
ive been on a soup kick...i recently made some bomb ass homemade broccoli and cheese soup

i always use my own chicken stock and its super easy to make

ingredients
one whole chicken
2 onions cut in half
3-4 celery stalks
salt (bout two good handfuls)
pepper
fresh herbs (use the poultry blend they have prepackaged which has sage, thyme, and rosemary...if they dont have the poultry blend a hand full of fresh thyme will be good)

throw everything in a pot and cover with water...u dont have to worry about slicing and dicing everything because u will strain it later

bring the pot to a boil...once it starts boiling skim the white stuff off the top

then simmer for 2 hours....the chicken should fall apart...remove everything from the stock...strain it and enjoy

u can use this stock as a base for numerous things...it tastes amazing and it also freezes well

xselent

Star
Registered
ive been on a soup kick...i recently made some bomb ass homemade broccoli and cheese soup

i always use my own chicken stock and its super easy to make

ingredients
one whole chicken
2 onions cut in half
3-4 celery stalks
salt (bout two good handfuls)
pepper
fresh herbs (use the poultry blend they have prepackaged which has sage, thyme, and rosemary...if they dont have the poultry blend a hand full of fresh thyme will be good)

throw everything in a pot and cover with water...u dont have to worry about slicing and dicing everything because u will strain it later

bring the pot to a boil...once it starts boiling skim the white stuff off the top

then simmer for 2 hours....the chicken should fall apart...remove everything from the stock...strain it and enjoy

u can use this stock as a base for numerous things...it tastes amazing and it also freezes well

pause...............u didnt eat the chicken?

Lick

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I make a mean manicotti dish (stuffed pasta rolls stuffed with ricotta and 6 other cheeses). Hell, I cook Italian food better than I cook soul food and I am Black.

I am going from the head since my desktop died with my recipe on it.

Godofwine's Manicotti

1 lb. of ricotta cheese
1 bag of 5 cheese blend (either store version or Sorrento, it doesn't matter)
1 can of olives diced
1 pg. portabello mushrooms diced
1 onion diced(I prefer sweet or red)
1 pg. of italian sausage diced
2-3 jars of Prego sauce
1 clove of garlic
garlic powder, onion powder, italian seasoning, salt, pepper
1 pg. of manicotti shells
olive oil

The problem when you get manicotti at a restaurant is they rarely season their cheese. This takes away from the taste. So start by putting the ricotta cheese in a bowl and seasoning the cheese with garlic powder, onion powder, italian seasoning, salt & pepper, just lightly. Mix in a bag of 5 or six cheese blend Italian cheese (make sure these are white cheeses as yellow cheeses are too oily)

I usually do my garlic like Goodfellas (slice it up real fine with a razor. You don't need to do that. Pour a thin layer of olive oil in a pan and sprinkle garlic powder in it. It gives you close to the same taste. When the oil is hot, put onions adn olives in the pan for a few minutes then add the mushrooms last. When they are done add 80% of them to the ricotta cheese.

Pour pasta sauce in a bowl and season to taste. i know it is Prego, but still I add my seasonings AND about 1/4 cup of sugar to remove the tang. Add the remaining vegetables to the sauce.

Cook the italian sausage by putting a 1/8 inch layer of water in the pan (it helps them fully cook). After the water cooks out then add olive oil & a little italian seasoning and brown the sausage. Once the sausage is complete peel the skin off the sausage and toss the skin. Dice the sausage up so that it is small enough to fit inside the ricotta shell. Add the diced sausage to the cheese as well as a bit of the sausage greese to give the cheese some flavor (not to much. The cheese shouldn't be swimming in greese. You just want to add sausage flavor). Mix the sausage, mushrooms, onions, olives & cheese really well and set aside.

Boil a pot of water then add the a little olive oil then the ricotta shells. Remove the shells from the water once the shell is pliable, but not too soft. Too soft will make the shell too difficult to hold and stuff. Get a large ziplock bag and put the cheese in it. Cut about a 1/2-3/4 inch hole in the corner and you can use it to fill the manicotti shells. Place a layer of sauce on the bottom of the pan then place the filled shells on top. Cover the manicotti shells with a layer of sauce and sprinkle shredded cheese on top. Cover with foil and bake at 350 for 30 minutes or so and serve.
Looks good Dawg... I'll check it out...

robfmnola

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The fam goes crazy when I cook turkey necks, collard greens, Garlic Potatoes and Andouille Sausage (the killer) and cornbread. With Kool Aid of course.

DeSiRe

The Get It Girl
BGOL Investor
pause...............u didnt eat the chicken?

since the chicken has been cooking for so long its really given all it can give...the texture is somewhat stringy and mushy

ive turned around and used it for chicken noodle soup... but fresh chicken poached in the broth gives a better texture and flavor

ive also tried to make chicken salad with it...which wasnt bad...but i generally stear away from using the chicken i used for the stock in the actual soup

D-TOWN REP

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Dont really have a favorite thing to cook :dunno:

Here is what im making tomorrow in the crock pot, very simple shit :lol:

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Slow-Cooker-Chicken-and-Dumplings/Detail.aspx

4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
2 tablespoons butter
2 (10.75 ounce) cans condensed cream of chicken soup
1 onion, finely diced
2 (10 ounce) packages refrigerated biscuit dough, torn into pieces
Directions
1.Place the chicken, butter, soup, and onion in a slow cooker, and fill with enough water to cover.
2.Cover, and cook for 5 to 6 hours on High. About 30 minutes before serving, place the torn biscuit dough in the slow cooker. Cook until the dough is no longer raw in the center.

im throwin some corn, carrots, and peas in that shit too

and you only really need one pack of dough

Lick

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
last month i made what i now call "Dante's Inferno" wings :lol:

make the wings as you normally do(deep fry,bake,broil or grill)

make this sauce in which u puree about 40 of these

66771115_fd1a215430.jpg

3 of these if u can find them
naga_jolokia_.jpg

2 of these
512878471_411e69b54c.jpg

in some vingar then add a couple drops of the Source hot sauce,and coat the wings in it.. one bite will turn you into

Torch_head.jpg
:lol:
I grow my own for my hot sauce... :yes:

DeSiRe

The Get It Girl
BGOL Investor
Dont really have a favorite thing to cook :dunno:

Here is what im making tomorrow in the crock pot, very simple shit :lol:

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Slow-Cooker-Chicken-and-Dumplings/Detail.aspx

4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
2 tablespoons butter
1 onion, finely diced
2 (10 ounce) packages refrigerated biscuit dough, torn into pieces
Directions
1.Place the chicken, butter, soup, and onion in a slow cooker, and fill with enough water to cover.
2.Cover, and cook for 5 to 6 hours on High. About 30 minutes before serving, place the torn biscuit dough in the slow cooker. Cook until the dough is no longer raw in the center.

im throwin some corn, carrots, and peas in that shit too

and you only really need one pack of dough

im going to try this...im always looking for a new idea for a slow cooker

only thing i usually make is my pot roast....which turns out perfect 100% of the time:yes:

d_the_inc

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Here's a dish I made for the first time a few days ago. Lamb Chops w/Rosemary and Grapes. Lamb is the only red meat I eat when I do indulge, and it's usually once or twice a year. Got's to tell ya...it was great...fucked around a dranked the entire bottle of Chardonnay by myself...Nino Brown style (out the bottle...I'm so hood:smh:)

j15apu.jpg
[/IMG]

D-TOWN REP

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

only thing i usually make is my pot roast....which turns out perfect 100% of the time:yes:

I like that site cuz it will calculate smaller servings for you as well, that original recipe makes too much food

d_the_inc

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
FYI Pham...for optimum grilled you're spot on...it's called grilling at 10 and 2 oclock in the culinary world.

I cooked a steak for my woman, NY Strip I got from Publix - shit was good.

I put a little light olive oil on both sides, little salt, crushed black pepper, sprinkled a little bit of garlic powder on it. One side of the grill hot (high), other side cool (low). Throw the steak on the hot side diagonally for 3 minutes, then change the position 90 degree (so it can make an X on the meat) for an additional 3 min. Turn the steak over and place on the cool side of the grill and cover the grill for 5 to 7 min.

Meat came out medium well and it was the best steak she had. More seasoned than restaurants, and almost as tender.

Snyckerbar76

Accidentally gave a fuck on Dec. 11, 2019.
BGOL Investor
SHIT!!!!!!

The other night i brought some RIBEYE STEAKS from COSTCO......I got the blue pack....(USDA PRIME CUT).......That was the BEST GOTDAMN steak i have ever had in a longtime!!

I prepared it:
A lil bit of Kosher Salt and Black Pepper on both sides.....before i put it on the grill i put some fresh butter (salted) a couple pieces and let it cook for about 6 mins on one side.....turned over the steak and put a lil more butter on the other side for another 6-8mins and BAM........take it off and let it sit for 1 min and EAT!!!

Shit was better than any steakhouse steak i have ever had!!
:dance::dance::dance:
I ate the steak with a Baked potatoe and some grilled Tiger Prongs....:D

Man Costco has some good cuts of meat & seafood.........UNLIKE some SuperMarkets i know that serve the black community DOG CUTS of MEAT!!! :smh::smh:

..And this is EXACTLY why I can't eat steak at most steakhouse places any more. What they do to the cow should be considered a felony in most states. :hmm: In my opinion, these are the top three most common mistakes restaurants make with steaks:

1. Heat set too high (dries the meat out, removes juices, burns edges) If I DO get a steak at a commercial chain, I usually ask for "medium well," which usually translates to "well done" once they are finished burning it.
2. No seasoning/ very little seasoning added to meat.
3. Seasoning is added AFTER steak is done. Most cooks know to cook the food WITH the seasoning.

By the way, I'm gonna try that ribeye recipe I saw a few pages back. Thanks, fam! :yes:

pizat

Star
Registered
ChickenTikka.jpg

chicken_tikka_masala.jpg

naan-recipe-1-22-07.jpg

aloo-carrot-paratha.jpg

I didn't know they ate roti and curry in the West Indies. I thought it was just a Pakistani thing. Good to see our food traveling the world. :yes:

Paki food is the shit...I love Mehran on 21st n Penn NW.......Lamb tikka sandwiches..Lamb or Chicken Baryani.. SON.....That Tandoori chiicken look goood. Big ass Naan on da side. Paki shit all over the DMV.

pizat

Star
Registered
last month i made what i now call "Dante's Inferno" wings :lol:

make the wings as you normally do(deep fry,bake,broil or grill)

make this sauce in which u puree about 40 of these

66771115_fd1a215430.jpg

3 of these if u can find them
naga_jolokia_.jpg

2 of these
512878471_411e69b54c.jpg

in some vingar then add a couple drops of the Source hot sauce,and coat the wings in it.. one bite will turn you into

Torch_head.jpg
:lol:

AP_INDIAS_CHILI.jpg

Next time get 20 or 30 of these...:itsawrap:

U will do this....

b8firep6348.jpg

I love Hot sawse:dance::dance:

malaki

Star
Registered
blackeyed peas - vegetarian

throw some blackeyed peas and (less) rice in water to soak for 2 hrs - 20 hrs, as long as you want. strain the water, (or don't), put 2X the amount of water as peas/rice in the pot, along with one yellow onion cut up and several garlic cloves, some olive oil - just a bit - and some salt - a few pinches. if you want to be fancy also add the white park of a leak cut up. maybe some ginger if you want to, and some curry powder. bring to a boil, then put on med-low and cook for a couple hours until the peas are done. stir every 20 mins or so. once its done or near done, cut up some greens and put them in - collards, kale, or spinach. spinach is the best but others are healthier. you can saute the greens a bit if you want - collards probably need it - or put in earlier and it cooks in the pot. fire and it lasts for a week if you are a bachelor. serve it with tamari / soy sauce, lemon juice, and some parsley. fire and cheap to make :yes:

D-TOWN REP

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Here is what im throwing in there tommorow

What can I say, im lazy :dunno::lol:

I use ground turky instead of ground beef tho..

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Slow-Cooker-Salisbury-Steak/Detail.aspx?prop31=2

Ingredients
2 pounds lean ground beef
1 (1 ounce) envelope dry onion soup mix
1/2 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
1/4 cup milk
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 (1 ounce) packet dry au jus mix
3/4 cup water
Directions
1.In a large bowl, mix together the ground beef, onion soup mix, bread crumbs, and milk using your hands. Shape into 8 patties.
2.Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Dredge the patties in flour just to coat, and quickly brown on both sides in the hot skillet. Place browned patties into the slow cooker stacking alternately like a pyramid. In a medium bowl, mix together the cream of chicken soup, au jus mix, and water. Pour over the meat. Cook on the Low setting for 4 or 5 hours, until ground beef is well done.

smoove2k6

Potential Star
BGOL Investor
Anybody got a good recipe for sweet potato fries???

One where they actually come out crispy.

Or any other recipe with sweet potatos that don't involve drowning them in syrup.

Good luck on this one, I have tried almost every recipe out there and non have made them crispy, so i resorted to this, and it actually works rather well.

dip them in a batter before frying them.

1 cup unsifted white flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon white pepper
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/8 teaspoon paprika (Hungarian is best)
1/2 teaspoon ground rosemary
1 teaspoon sugar
1 beaten egg
1 cup milk (room temperature)

Sub whatever seasoning you want. Mix it all in a bowl and let sit for about 10 minutes, then dip your fries before frying. This batter is also good for dipping and frying vegetables. (Kids love em)

smoove2k6

Potential Star
BGOL Investor
One of my Fav dishes

chicken_marsala_1.jpg

Chicken Marsala

Ingredients:

* 4 boneless chicken breast halves without skin
* 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1/4 teaspoon pepper
* 1/2 teaspoon basil, dried
* 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
* 3 tablespoons olive oil
* 4 to 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced (1/2 to 1 cup sliced)
* 1/2 cup Marsala wine

Pound chicken to 1/4" thickness between 2 sheets of plastic wrap. Combine flour, salt, pepper, and basil; mix well. Heat oil and butter in a heavy non-stick skillet over medium high heat. Dredge chicken in seasoned flour mixture. Cook chicken until lightly browned on first side (about 2 to 3 minutes). Turn chicken and add mushrooms around the chicken pieces. Cook about 2 minutes longer, until lightly browned; stir the mushrooms. Add Marsala wine to pan. Reduce heat to medium-low; cover and simmer 10 minutes. Serve with hot cooked pasta, mashed potatoes, or rice.

xselent

Star
Registered
One of my Fav dishes

chicken_marsala_1.jpg

Chicken Marsala

Ingredients:

* 4 boneless chicken breast halves without skin
* 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1/4 teaspoon pepper
* 1/2 teaspoon basil, dried
* 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
* 3 tablespoons olive oil
* 4 to 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced (1/2 to 1 cup sliced)
* 1/2 cup Marsala wine

Pound chicken to 1/4" thickness between 2 sheets of plastic wrap. Combine flour, salt, pepper, and basil; mix well. Heat oil and butter in a heavy non-stick skillet over medium high heat. Dredge chicken in seasoned flour mixture. Cook chicken until lightly browned on first side (about 2 to 3 minutes). Turn chicken and add mushrooms around the chicken pieces. Cook about 2 minutes longer, until lightly browned; stir the mushrooms. Add Marsala wine to pan. Reduce heat to medium-low; cover and simmer 10 minutes. Serve with hot cooked pasta, mashed potatoes, or rice.

no thankyou

doggish_098

Rising Star
Registered
Somebody asked about sweet potato fries the key to getting them crispy is you can't cook them when they are freshly cut.

xselent

Star
Registered
somebody asked about sweet potato fries the key to getting them crispy is you can't cook them when they are freshly cut.

so how long should you wait before doing so

i had some at work at the hospital the other day and they were actually really good

MASTERBAKER

༺ S❤️PER❤️ ᗰOD ༻
Super Moderator
prime rib
[FLASH]http://www.youtube.com/v/ainCa-US1MA&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xd0d0d0&hl=en_US&feature=player_detailpage&fs=1"></param><param name=[/FLASH]i make this christmas time:yes: