Boiled Peanuts appreciation thread..

mr_agba

Potential Star
Registered
Wow!! I had these when I was a kid in Nigeria! Very, very good. Thanks for jogging my memory.

They should look like this when done..

pats_peanuts_spicygarlic5.jpg

doggish_098

Rising Star
Registered
those shits are terrible for you with all the salt and everything. I think i ate 3 bags over the weekend plus i brought back 18lbs of raw green ones back with me. When i was growing up my grandmother use to make them and she would make me take a nap and tell me they would be done when i woke up.

I will eat boiled peanuts all day but they can keep that liver pudding shit

deobiggie

Support BGOL
Registered
This here is that south shit. man i live in charleston SC and we have spots all over the place. we have Cajun, ham hock, and regular. i gets them shits every week.

Shurnuff

5 More Years Bitches!!
OG Investor
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
Parents were from the south
get that shit all the time when I cross the Dixie line along with my BBQ, and sausages.
Food from the south have a lot more flavor in it!!!!!!!!!
:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

dHustla

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
A-town bred...

I love 'em.

I never cooked 'em tho, always used to get 'em down on Abernathy when the Braves was playing.

They got 'em w/ Lawry's. :yes:

TimRock

Don't let me be misunderstood
BGOL Investor
oh shit. my cousins grandfather used to do this. I did it a few times myself. They are a great snack. Im gonna make some this weekend.

SirRahX

Recluse
BGOL Investor
ngredients:

* 2 lbs. of fresh and raw peanuts that are still in their shells
* 2 tablespoons of salt
* 1 bag of Zatarain's Crab and Shrimp Boil
* 1 tablespoon of red pepper (or more, if you are feeling lucky)

Instructions:

* Place the peanuts in a large pot and add enough water to cover them and almost fill the pot.
* Add the salt and stir it real well.
* Turn the stove to the high heat setting and cover until it boils.
* Add the Zatarain's and the red pepper.
* Reduce the heat just enough to keep it from boiling over.
* Boil the peanuts for 4 hours. Add water as needed to keep the peanuts covered.
* Drain the peanuts and serve.
* Enjoy the Cajun boiled peanuts!

My recipe is pretty much like this..

props

samh32

Rising Star
OG Investor
Boy.... This is wild! I'm going to start a thread about Ramen Noodles, and watch it get about four pages!!:D:D

king_country

Star
Registered
:dance:I've been helping my homeboy run the concession stands at the Rec parks. The peanuts are our best seller. I have restrain myself from eating the whole pot of em.:dance:

Cock Head Jones

Rising Star
Registered
those shits are terrible for you with all the salt and everything. I think i ate 3 bags over the weekend plus i brought back 18lbs of raw green ones back with me. When i was growing up my grandmother use to make them and she would make me take a nap and tell me they would be done when i woke up.

I will eat boiled peanuts all day but they can keep that liver pudding shit

Boiled Peanuts Pack Big Antioxidant Punch
Boiled peanuts, a regional treat from the southern United States, may be as healthy as they are delicious. Alabama scientists report that boiling these legumes imbues them with more antioxidants than roasted peanuts or peanut butter.

Enigma

Support BGOL
Registered
I love them joints! I grew in South Carolina and they on every other corner down there... Now that I'm in Atlanta its hard to come by boiled peanuts for real (if ever)... The best is spicy!