Boiled Peanuts appreciation thread..

1112881836_ae5791523b_o.jpg

I'm from the south, so I grew up on these.. Most of my friends are from up north, even my wife.. They don't know bout them.. But truth be told, every single one of them that tried them.. Won't give them up..

Not only are they healthy, they are easy to make, or at every corner store in the south.. I'd suggest to all the up north cats, get a pot.. some RAW peanuts (not roasted, it wont work), and boil them shits..

Post your own recipes..

I'm cooking some now.

HUFF

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Yea I'm from the Chi, but my grandfather use to make them all the time. I haven't had them in over 20 years. They so Fiyah. Thanks man. You brought back some great memories. I might have to try some again soon.

blacklabel

Support BGOL
Registered
co-worker brought some in, he boiled them with habanero peppers :yes:

it was good but something with the texture of the peanut i didnt like

itstheshoes

Potential Star
Registered
I still past someone set up on the side of the road selling them atleast once a week.

Used to kill these back when I couldnt get any from granny

boiled-green-peanuts.jpg

MCP

International
International Member
Boiled Peanuts !!!!!

Wow. Since I'm from the UK, I've never heard of this.

Just curious. Are there any recipes for making these???

ngredients:

* 2 lbs. of fresh and raw peanuts that are still in their shells
* 2 tablespoons of salt
* 1 bag of Zatarain's Crab and Shrimp Boil
* 1 tablespoon of red pepper (or more, if you are feeling lucky)

Instructions:

* Place the peanuts in a large pot and add enough water to cover them and almost fill the pot.
* Add the salt and stir it real well.
* Turn the stove to the high heat setting and cover until it boils.
* Add the Zatarain's and the red pepper.
* Reduce the heat just enough to keep it from boiling over.
* Boil the peanuts for 4 hours. Add water as needed to keep the peanuts covered.
* Drain the peanuts and serve.
* Enjoy the Cajun boiled peanuts!

My recipe is pretty much like this..

Big Tex

Earth is round..gravity is real
BGOL Investor
This cat from FLA brought some up to NY after he got back from vacation. He asked if I wanted to try them. At first I was like..

:hmm:

But then I tried em and them shits were John Blaze. Thanks for the recipe.

DragonXJC

I joke and I know things
BGOL Investor
I definitely have not, thanks for bringing this to my attention. I will give it a try :yes:

christuckerassmokey

Rising Star
Registered
I fucks with them. I don't boil mine long ( more like 30 min instead of 4 hours ) so they retain some texture and are not just mushy, but different strokes for different folks.

Born

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I was born and raised in NY but my Parents were born and raised in South Carolina so you know I be killin them shits.I had some last weekend.

geckosticky1

Rising Star
Registered
I have traveled to different parts of the world and have mentioned boiled peanuts to friends and nobody's ever heard of them! The potential for a booming industry hooking them up for peeps outside of the south is enormous :yes:

Killacut

Star
Registered
born in Africa but moved here wen I was little...In the tropics there were seasonal fruits and vegetables...peanuts had it's season...n when it is that season, corn comes with it too..

to get the best outta boiled peanuts, it must go with boiled corn...

boil the peanuts for sometime and when it softens a bit...add salt for a better taste..(like beans, dont cook peanut and salt at the same time...it takes a long time to soften..allow the peanut to cook for a while the add salt to the boiling water) don't let the peanut get so soft...just a bit soft..it tastes good that way...after it is properly cooked, sit it for sometime for the water to dry outta of it...

finish it up with your boiled corn...trust...niggas lived on this wen we was little and had little to eat...we used our money to play video games and rent bicycles..we then rely on this shit to stay full till dinner..

so im guessing blacks brought it from the motherland...

revenge

Star
Registered
:):)My pops would bring boiled peanuts home every Thursday--his payday *Can it be that it was all so simple then*

If ya'll wanna make sure you eat authentic.. Stay away from Cans....

Order these.. They come frozen (dry iced for delivery).. And are sold at every corner store in the 727/813....

You COULD make them yourself, but these are the real damn deal.. Get cajun..

Once you get them, throw them in the crockpot just to heat up.. with water.. Everything else is done..

They go for 3.50 for a 32 ounce cup.. Prices went up like a mofucka, so I'm making my own.. haha But for up north cats, or people that wanna make sure they get the real so they know how to make their own.. Get these..

http://hawksboiledpeanuts.com/aboutus.htm

to order

http://hawksboiledpeanuts.com/orderform.htm

sammyjax

Grand Puba of Science
Platinum Member
finally a south friendly thread (watch sum1 fukkitoff)

i'll one up all y'all

my grandfather (R.I.P.) used to grow his own junts and pull them raggally muhfuckas out da ground. we'd help wash em and he'd burl dem shittz to perfection. and texture-wise, sometimes they're so soft niggas eat the shell.

burled p-nuttz. many thanx 2 da country gods.

and texture-wise, sometimes they're so soft niggas eat the shell.

:lol:

Real talk tho, I told my homeboy to get some, he says.. MAN, those fuckin things are BITTER AS FUCK.. I'm like huh? Dude was eating them with the shell too..

:lol::lol::lol:

I said cracks the mofuckas..

And also, the peanuts are the shit, but the JUICE that comes out them mofuckas (pause) is what makes them good.

DV8ed

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I was traveling from downsouth back up to MD today and was MAD because I had forgotton to get me some before I left. I ran into a gas station ( coffee & Red Bulls gotta come out sooner or later) and was walking out when I saw a bag of them. I left happy like a baby with a bottle. I shoulda bought 2!

DV8ed

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Boiled Peanuts !!!!!

Wow. Since I'm from the UK, I've never heard of this.

Just curious. Are there any recipes for making these???

Ingredients

* 2 to 3 pounds fresh green peanuts
* 1 1/2 cups salt

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/paula-deen/boiled-peanuts-recipe2/index.html

Boiled Peanuts

Directions

Put the peanuts and the salt in a large stockpot. Cover completely with water. Bring to a boil and simmer for at least 1 hour and up to 3 hours. To check whether they are done, pull 1 or 2 peanuts out of the pot and crack them open. When they are soft, they are done. If they are still slightly crunchy, they are not done yet, If they are not salty enough, leave them in the salted water and turn off the heat. When they are done, drain and serve immediately.