Be careful what you eat......

redcee

Potential Star
Registered
you still wont live longer than the rest of us

agreed

believe that if you want to.

...tell that to life long raw fooders that are STILL running in marathons in their 80s and are in perfect health.
:rolleyes:

http://rawfoodsos.com/2010/03/08/what-is-the-optimal-diet-for-humans-part/

http://rawfoodsos.com/2010/03/18/what-is-the-optimal-diet-for-humans-part-2/

I post this because choosing a diet is highly debatable there isnt a right or wrong because there are hundreds of factors in play and everyone isnt built the same to process foods.

Here is another on the paleo diet alot of people are on.

http://www.gnolls.org/

3 Times

Star
Registered
agreed

http://rawfoodsos.com/2010/03/08/what-is-the-optimal-diet-for-humans-part/

http://rawfoodsos.com/2010/03/18/what-is-the-optimal-diet-for-humans-part-2/

I post this because choosing a diet is highly debatable there isnt a right or wrong because there are hundreds of factors in play and everyone isnt built the same to process foods.

Here is another on the paleo diet alot of people are on.

http://www.gnolls.org/

What is there to debate? Sure everyone has different tolerances of what their body will allow. However this should not change the fact that organic food is much more nutritious than processed food. I ate all kinds of fatty foods growing up and never gained any excess weight. However that should not indicate that the foods I was eating was good for me because I didn't get fat off of it like other people did.

D-TOWN REP

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I have tightened my diet up a lot but its more about moderation than anything

Yeah I let alot of extra bullshit go

The shit I really like im not giving up PERNT BLANK

CoTtOnMoUf

DUMBED DOWN TO BLEND IN
BGOL Legend
I used to use hemp protein in my smoothies but i stopped, and I still put on more and more muscle. I guess its in the nuts and seeds that i eat. :dunno:

redcee

Potential Star
Registered
What is there to debate? Sure everyone has different tolerances of what their body will allow. However this should not change the fact that organic food is much more nutritious than processed food. I ate all kinds of fatty foods growing up and never gained any excess weight. However that should not indicate that the foods I was eating was good for me because I didn't get fat off of it like other people did.

Whats debatable is raw vs cooked. Vegan/Vegetarian vs Meat. Neither can be scientifically proven to be more beneficial to our bodies. Read the links posted. I never stated anything against organics but since you mentioned that.

http://rawfoodsos.com/2010/04/30/the-lowdown-on-organic-foo/

BigATLslim

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
It doesn't cost more, that is one of the biggest myths out there. It is an excuse that Americans love to use so they can justify the poor being fat and lazy.

Those same chicken wings can be baked.

Rice is cheap as fuck..........

Bananas are cheap as fuck....

And so on and so on. It does cost more to go "organic" and go to Whole Foods, but healthy food can be easily bought at the save-alot in the hood.

Skinless baked chicken is pretty fucking healthy....People dieting for a show it eat day in and day out, while regular folks talk of how expensive shit is.
You might have went in with this entire rant, especially the bold.:lol:

gene cisco

Not A BGOL Eunuch
BGOL Investor
believe that if you want to.

...tell that to life long raw fooders that are STILL running in marathons in their 80s and are in perfect health.
:rolleyes:

Combine a raw diet with eating meats that are not well done and people can eliminate a lot of health risks. That well-done burger and steaks shit is unhealthy. Certain meats do have to be cooked more, but meat like bison, beef, lamb and fish can be enjoyed without overcooking and producing shit that causes cancer.

But trying to tell that to brothers and sisters is like beating my head against the wall.

I don't expect everybody to ear raw and organic, but at least cut out the well-done food beef and shit.

3 Times

Star
Registered
Whats debatable is raw vs cooked. Vegan/Vegetarian vs Meat. Neither can be scientifically proven to be more beneficial to our bodies. Read the links posted. I never stated anything against organics but since you mentioned that.

http://rawfoodsos.com/2010/04/30/the-lowdown-on-organic-foo/

Vitamins dissolve in heat. Vegetables lose a portion of it's nutrition when being cooked or even steamed. The vitamins breakdown and the nutrients seep into the water.

Is this not a scientific fact?

redcee

Potential Star
Registered
Combine a raw diet with eating meats that are not well done and people can eliminate a lot of health risks. That well-done burger and steaks shit is unhealthy. Certain meats do have to be cooked more, but meat like bison, beef, lamb and fish can be enjoyed without overcooking and producing shit that causes cancer.

But trying to tell that to brothers and sisters is like beating my head against the wall.

I don't expect everybody to ear raw and organic, but at least cut out the well-done food beef and shit.

Vitamins dissolve in heat. Vegetables lose a portion of it's nutrition when being cooked or even steamed. The vitamins breakdown and the nutrients seep into the water.

Is this not a scientific fact?

You just arguing just to be arguing. What im saying is one diet isnt more beneficial than the other. The raw diet may recoup some of the lost nutrients when compared to cooked vegetables but there will be deficiencies from not consuming meats that cannot be replaced through supplements regardless of what the pill or powder says. The poster above you did a great job of saying what I have already been saying, BALANCE!

Pootypoot

Rising Star
Registered
For the Bamas on here who say it's too expensive to eat healthy, I was just at Shoppers last night and they had the Purdue chicken drumsticks for 1.90 :eek:. 6 drumsticks in a pack. Man you can barbeque them things up and have them with some brown rice and steamed brocoli. You can get a damn Bushle of Bananas for like 2 dollars and a bag of delicious red Apples for like 3 dollars and change. :dance:

3 Times

Star
Registered
You just arguing just to be arguing. What im saying is one diet isnt more beneficial than the other. The raw diet may recoup some of the lost nutrients when compared to cooked vegetables but there will be deficiencies from not consuming meats that cannot be replaced through supplements regardless of what the pill or powder says. The poster above you did a great job of saying what I have already been saying, BALANCE!

I'm in no way trying to argue with you bro. I am actually trying to build information on an extremely important topic. I have a sort of Stephen A. Smith-esque type of passion and so I truly apologize if I come off a little too strong and/or aggressive.

That said, if one decides to no longer consume any meats, one can still have protein (meat) in the diet by eating wheat, oatmeal or potatoes(just to name a few). So for example if you order a veggie sub and Subway, the wheat bread would a sufficient provider of protein as much as any meat would. Now although meat does provide protein, the harm that it does is not worth it. People catching strokes in their 40's and dying of heart attacks is a result of eating meat. I'm not a stat guy, but statistically 100-times as many people die from diet-related heart failure than drug overdoses.

In other words: MEAT is the most dangerous drug in America.

water

Transparent, tasteless, odorless
OG Investor
For the Bamas on here who say it's too expensive to eat healthy, I was just at Shoppers last night and they had the Purdue chicken drumsticks for 1.90 :eek:. 6 drumsticks in a pack. Man you can barbeque them things up and have them with some brown rice and steamed brocoli. You can get a damn Bushle of Bananas for like 2 dollars and a bag of delicious red Apples for like 3 dollars and change. :dance:

Is it organic or genetically modified fruits?

Also is the chicken filled with hormones?

:hmm:

redcee

Potential Star
Registered

Perdue :puke:

Healthy foods dont start with the method of cooking.

I'm in no way trying to argue with you bro. I am actually trying to build information on an extremely important topic. I have a sort of Stephen A. Smith-esque type of passion and so I truly apologize if I come off a little too strong and/or aggressive.

That said, if one decides to no longer consume any meats, one can still have protein (meat) in the diet by eating wheat, oatmeal or potatoes(just to name a few). So for example if you order a veggie sub and Subway, the wheat bread would a sufficient provider of protein as much as any meat would. Now although meat does provide protein, the harm that it does is not worth it. People catching strokes in their 40's and dying of heart attacks is a result of eating meat. I'm not a stat guy, but statistically 100-times as many people die from diet-related heart failure than drug overdoses.

In other words: MEAT is the most dangerous drug in America.

I feel you. Protein is overrated and there any many more nutrients in meat besides that. Your theory on meat is a myth. Here is one on supplements that you wont readily absorb through pills.

http://www.gnolls.org/1154/flaxseed-oil-for-the-greatest-shine-you-ever-tasted/

Remember the body is works in harmony with many other things. Im not all into specifics but I know your body cannot readily absorb calcium without magnesium. Taking one without the other is useless. Like I stated earlier there are too many variables for any person to dissect and say one is better than the other. If you choose to do so then you havent done enough research on proving your theory wrong. Those two sites have a wealth of information. I dont particularly care for anything at this point. I eat anything in moderation and steer clear of ANYTHING with artifical ingredients, pesticides, gmo's or hormones.

Pootypoot

Rising Star
Registered
So what's wrong with Purdue chicken? :hmm: Nigga the chicken is supposedly pure grain fed. I'm all for eating healthy but I ain't gonna go bananas with it.

anonymous

Star
Registered
Good drop Kaya.

This video just out today. In addition to cloning, Jones talks about GM foods and they're potential effects on people.

I was gonna post this, but I figured since it was Alex Jones and me posting it, it would be overlooked.

Props to you and the Op.

3 Times

Star
Registered
Your theory on meat is a myth.

FACT: The number 1 cause of death is HEART DISEASE (2nd is Cancer; 3rd are strokes)

FACT: What leads to heart disease is the "cause of cardiovascular disease, and it's often caused by an unhealthy diet, lack of exercise, and being overweight".

No theories here. A simple google search and you'll find these stats on every dot-org. I'm sure you're very capable of doing some homework, so could it be maybe you don't want to face the truth of this matter? I understand. I'm a McDonalds baby too, I know how hard it is to shake the shit, but the first step is to acknowledge the truth is that we've been duped into being some unhealthy ass creatures.

CoTtOnMoUf

DUMBED DOWN TO BLEND IN
BGOL Legend
FACT: The number 1 cause of death is HEART DISEASE (2nd is Cancer; 3rd are strokes)

FACT: What leads to heart disease is the "cause of cardiovascular disease, and it's often caused by an unhealthy diet, lack of exercise, and being overweight".

No theories here. A simple google search and you'll find these stats on every dot-org. I'm sure you're very capable of doing some homework, so could it be maybe you don't want to face the truth of this matter? I understand. I'm a McDonalds baby too, I know how hard it is to shake the shit, but the first step is to acknowledge the truth is that we've been duped into being some unhealthy ass creatures.

Truth.com.

Some people don't want to hear the truth though. :smh:

redcee

Potential Star
Registered

Bruh, Im not going to respond to you again unless you can write something that makes sense. You said in your previous post "People catching strokes in their 40's and dying of heart attacks is a result of eating meat. I'm not a stat guy, but statistically 100-times as many people die from diet-related heart failure than drug overdoses. In other words: MEAT is the most dangerous drug in America."

What facts did you present that meat causes heart disease??? And this

"cause of cardiovascular disease, and it's often caused by an unhealthy diet, lack of exercise, and being overweight"

how can this also be attributed to meat???
I see why you compared yourself to Stephen A. Smith. A whole lot of overtalking and no listening. Everything I have stated is already in the links I posted. Im done sir.

brohammus

Star
Registered
natural grilling is good too... fat just drains to the bottom of the grill.
the first time i made a conscious effort to eat brown rice, fruits and veggies,i lost 20 lbs in a month. no excercsie outside of normal walking.

NinjaspiT

Rising Star
Registered

Its useless arguing with these people on BGOL. You can tell them facts as truth and they will still BELIEVE you are wrong. Its that post religious slave syndrome that disables them to accept facts that are more than obvious.

kogalee

Banned
A white lady wrote a book called "energy everything you wanted to know about it but was afraid to ask" said she went to the places in the bible to ask questions. And every where she went in africa and the middle east. Blacks told her the same story. In the beginning, there was nothing here but black people. We lived as gods. We had no birth records because no one was dying. There was no such thing as incest because we was all one black family. We were vegans and we only ate raw fruits and vegetables, and bee pollen. Also it was a clothing optional society. If you wanted to wear clothes you did. If you did not then you did not. But we did not have the social hang ups we have now. Like lusting, being ashamed of the body etc. Also animals obeyed us back then. But even animals did not eat each other at that time.
What changed things was that there was a lady that was very curious about killing a bird and using it for food. Until one day her curiosity overrode her and she killed a bird and ate it. Later on. She felt guilty about it and blamed her guilt on sex. But this was the first time any human had ever ate the poisonous flesh.
And that is how we start going away from being ourselves.
It is true that if a person becomes himself again, that person is god. During slavery when a black showed signs of becoming himself. They would be separated from other slaves and killed.
In jonestown jim jones told his followers that he will be there god until they recognize they are god. America was built off of the same foundation as jonestown was.
Some of the stuff of mind control is shocking. When malcolm x made hajj. They did not tell about his trips to african countries. But african leaders told him that. If he wants to unite blacks then he got to get rid of that religious stuff, because the white man got that sewed up.
To unite blacks you need to unite them on the bases of business. Buy, black and organize.
The ability to be yourself is great. But a picture of how life is to be has been painted and that is what we live by. A picture of religion has been painted and that is what we live by.
To be different is to be done like jesus was done. He did not preach christianity. But preached that our health is our only real wealth. Anything else is borrowed, including our lives.
If we were raised up like we was in the beginning eating breast milk and water. Then eating only raw fruits and vegetables then we would be ourselves again. God. The real you. Everyman controls his surroundings. When he loses control of that he is no longer a man. No man can tell another man what to do unless he controls him. In america and the world you can be what you want to be as long as you are controlled.
Breaking that control is what i myself am working on.
BUY, BLACK AND ORGANIZE. IF NOT NOW, WHEN? IF NOT US, THEN WHO?
ORIGINAL NATION
P.O. BOX 2614
SYLACAUGA, ALA. 35150
BUILDING A NATION FOR BLACKS HERE IN THE DIRTY SOUTH.

Man you must be a student of the most Honorable Elijah Muhammad. This is the same thing that the most Honorable Elijah Muhammad Teaches his students in message to the black man and in his book "Theology of Time".

All praises do to the most honorable master fard muhammad! :dance:

bigirl

anti- voluntary ignorance
BGOL Investor
(NaturalNews) Ever wonder what's really in the food sold at grocery stores around the world? People keep asking me, "What ingredients should I avoid?" So I put together a short list that covers all the most toxic and disease-promoting ingredients in the food supply. These are the substances causing cancer, diabetes, heart disease and leading to tens of billions of dollars in unnecessary health care costs across America (and around the world).

If you want to stay healthy and out of the hospital, read ingredients labels and make sure you avoid all these ingredients:

Acrylamides - Toxic, cancer-causing chemicals formed in foods when carbohydrates are exposed to high heat (baking, frying, grilling). They're present in everything from bread crusts to snack chips, and because they aren't intentional ingredients, acrylamides do NOT have to be listed on labels.

Aspartame - Chemical sweetener that causes neurological disorders, seizures, blurred vision and migraine headaches. (http://www.naturalnews.com/030918_a...)

Autolyzed Proteins - Highly processed form of protein containing free glutamate and used to mimic the taste-enhancer chemical MSG.

BPA (Bisphenol-A) - A hormone mimicking chemical found in nearly all food packaging plastics. Active in just parts per billion, BPA promotes cancer, infertility and hormone disorders. It also "feminizes" males, promoting male breast growth and hormone disruption (http://www.naturalnews.com/032860_B...).

Casein - Milk proteins. Hilariously, this is widely used in "soy cheese" products that claim to be alternatives to cow's milk. Nearly all of them are made with cow's milk proteins.

Corn Syrup - Just another name for High Fructose Corn Syrup (see below). Frequently used in infant formula products (http://www.naturalnews.com/029863_S...).

Food Colors - FD&C Red #40, for example, is linked to behavioral disorders in children. Nearly all artificial food colors are derived from petroleum, and many are contaminated with aluminum.

Genetically Modified Ingredients - Not currently listed on the label because the GMO industry (Monsanto and DuPont) absolutely does not want people to know which foods contain GMOs. Nearly all conventionally grown corn, soy and cotton are GMOs. They're linked to severe infertility problems and may even cause the bacteria in your body to produce and release a pesticide in your own gut. If you're not eating organic corn, you're definitely eating GMO corn. (http://www.naturalnews.com/026426_G...) Learn more at www.ResponsibleTechnology.org or watch my GMO music video (hilarious) at www.NaturalNews.com/NoGMO

High Fructose Corn Syrup - A highly processed liquid sugar extracted with the chemical solvent glutaraldehyde and frequently contaminated with mercury (http://www.naturalnews.com/032948_h...). It's also linked to diabetes, obesity and mood disorders. Used in thousands of grocery items, including things you wouldn't suspect like pizza sauce and salad dressings.

Homogenized Milk - The fats in the milk are artificially modified to change them into smaller molecules that stay in suspension in the milk liquid (so the milk fat doesn't separate) (http://www.naturalnews.com/022967_m...). While it makes milk look better on the shelf, it's also blamed for promoting heart disease and may contribute to milk allergies. Raw milk is healthier, which is why the government had outlawed it (http://www.naturalnews.com/029322_r...).

Hydrochloride - When you see anything hydrochloride, such as Pyridoxine Hydrochloride or Thiamin Hydrochloride, those are chemical forms of B vitamins that companies add to their products to be able to claim higher RDA values of vitamins. But these are synthetic, chemical forms of vitamins, not real vitamins from foods or plants. Nutritionally, they are near-useless and may actually be bad for you. Also watch out for niacinamide and cyanocobalamin (synthetic vitamin B-12). (http://www.naturalnews.com/032766_c...)

Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein - A highly processed form of (usually) soy protein that's processed to bring out the free glutamate (MSG). Use as a taste enhancer.

Partially Hydrogenated Oils - Oils that are modified using a chemical catalyst to make them stable at room temperature. This creates trans fatty acids and greatly increases the risk of blocked arteries (http://www.naturalnews.com/027445_f...). It also promotes what I call "sludge blood," which is thick, viscous blood that's hard to pump. This is usually diagnosed by doctors as "high blood pressure" and (stupidly) treated with blood-thinning medications that are technically the same chemicals as rat poison (warfarin) (http://www.naturalnews.com/023149_d...).

Phosphoric Acid - The acid used in sodas to dissolve the carbon dioxide and add to the overall fizzy-ness of the soda. Phosphoric acid will eat steel nails. It's also used by stone masons to etch rocks. The military uses it to clean the rust off battleships. In absolutely destroys tooth enamel (http://www.naturalnews.com/021774.html). Search Google Images for "Mountain Dew Mouth" to see photos of teeth rotted out by phosphoric acid: http://www.google.com/search?q=moun...

Propylene Glycol - A liquid used in the automotive industry to winterize RVs. It's also used to make the fake blueberries you see in blueberry muffins, bagels and breads. (Combined with artificial colors and corn syrup.) See shocking "Fake Blueberries" video at: http://www.naturalnews.tv/v.asp?v=7...

Sodium (Salt) - The processed white salt lacking in trace minerals. In the holistic nutrition industry, we call it "death salt" because it promotes disease and death. Real salt, on the other hand, such as "dirty" sea salt or pink Himalayan salt, is loaded with the trace minerals that prevent disease, such as selenium (cancer), chromium (diabetes) and zinc (infectious disease). Much like with bread and sugar, white salt is terrible for your health. And don't be fooled by claims of "sea salt" in grocery stores. All salt came from the sea if you go far back enough in geologic time, so they can slap the "sea salt" claim on ANY salt!

Sodium Nitrite - A cancer-causing red coloring chemical added to bacon, hot dogs, sausage, beef jerky, ham, lunch meats, pepperoni and nearly all processed meats. Strongly linked to brain tumors, pancreatic cancers and colon cancers (http://www.naturalnews.com/007024.html). The USDA once tried to ban it from the food supply but was out-maneuvered by the meat industry, which now dominates USDA regulations. Sodium nitrite is a complete poison used to make meats look fresh. Countless children die of cancer each year from sodium nitrite-induced cancers.

Soy Protein - The No. 1 protein source used in "protein bars," including many bars widely consumed by bodybuilders. Soy protein is the "junk protein" of the food industry. It's made from genetically modified soybeans (often grown in China) and then subjected to hexane, a chemical solvent (http://www.naturalnews.com/026303_s...) that can literally explode.

Sucralose - An artificial chemical sweetener sold as Splenda. The sucralose molecule contains a chlorine atom (http://www.naturalnews.com/027491_a...). Researchers have repeatedly found that artificial sweeteners make people fat by actually promoting weight gain (http://www.naturalnews.com/024543_h...).

Sugar - The bleached, nutritionally-deficient byproduct of cane processing. During sugar cane processing, nearly all the minerals and vitamins end up in the blackstrap molasses that's usually fed to farm animals. (Blackstrap molasses is actually the "good" part of sugar cane juice.) Molasses is often fed to farm animals because every rancher knows that farm animals need good nutrition to stay alive. Amazingly, conventional doctors don't yet realize this about humans, and they continue to claim that eating sugar is perfectly fine for you. Sugar promotes diabetes, obesity, mood disorders and nutritional deficiencies.

Textured Vegetable Protein - Usually made of soy protein which is extracted from genetically modified soybeans and then processed using hexane, an explosive chemical solvent (see Soy Protein, above). Widely used in vegetarian foods such as "veggie burgers" (most of which also contain MSG or Yeast Extract, by the way).

Yeast Extract - Hidden form of MSG that contains free glutamate and is used in many "natural" food products to claim "No MSG!" Yeast extract contains up to 14% free glutamate. You'll find it in thousands of grocery store products, from soups to snack chips. I even once spotted it used on fresh meat!

Food label tricks

Here's a trick food companies frequently used to pack more sugar into their products without making sugar look like the first ingredient:

Ingredient labels, you see, must list the most prominent ingredients first, and some consumers might freak out of they saw a box of cereal that said, "Sugar, whole grain wheat, corn" and so on. Instead, the company uses 3 or 4 different forms of sugar to distribute them farther down the label, like this:

"Whole grain wheat, sugar, corn syrup, corn syrup solids..."

This way, the first ingredients looks like "whole grain wheat" when, in reality, the cereal might be over fifty percent sugars!

How to buy honest food

• Shop are your local farmer's market, food co-op or CSA.

• In the USA, look for the USDA Organic label on foods. This is a legitimate claim to being certified organic. It's one of the few programs run by the USDA that actually has integrity.

• Read the ingredients labels! If you see names of chemicals you can't pronounce, don't buy it.

• Buy more unprocessed food ingredients and make your own meals rather than buying ready-to-eat, processed foods, which are almost universally formulated with disease-promoting ingredients.

• GROW some of your own food! The best food you can ever eat is food from your own garden.

How to learn more about what's really in your food

Read NaturalNews. I'm the editor of NaturalNews, and I cured my own borderline diabetes, high cholesterol and near-obesity using nothing but healing foods.

The more you read NaturalNews, the more you'll learn about what to avoid in your foods and what to BUY that's loaded with nutrition! We cover natural cures, superfoods nutrition, juicing, raw foods, nutritional supplements, healing herbs and much more. You can subscribe to our free email newsletter using the form below.

We teach you what the mainstream food industry doesn't want you to know (and what the mainstream media won't dare report).

If you want to learn the truth about food, read NaturalNews. Lots more to come...

Some of my favorite nutrient-rich superfoods include...

(No, these are not sponsored links. Just stuff I personally enjoy and purchase on a regular basis to blend into superfood smoothies!)

• Boku Superfood (www.BokuSuperfood.com)
• LivingFuel (www.LivingFuel.com)
• Enerfood (www.EnerHealthBotanicals.com)
• Pure Synergy (www.TheSynergyCompany.com)
• Rejuvenate! (www.IntegratedHealth.com)
• Healthforce Nutritionals (www.HealthForce.com)
• X-Balance (www.SGNNutrition.com)