yureeka9

Rising Star
Platinum Member
giphy.gif
Yeah, I know. Just clownin!

Naha-Nago

Rising Star
Registered
Why doesn't she go the Louis CK route and produce/promote/sell her own?

If she thinks she has enough pull to have her fans boycott Netflix, then she should be able to get them to buy a comedy special directly from her, no?

You just kind of answered your own question...

A. If she had that type of fan base she wouldn't be bitching about what Netflix is paying her because it would be top dollar.

B. If she had that type of fan base she would have came to that hustle almost organically.

Truth is is that she don't have 13 million dollar fanbase and she -assuming- doesn't feel like she needs to hustle hard(er) because she's paid her dues.

I feel Moniques point though, she has a better 'hamburger' than Amy.

Monique is In & Out notoriety to Amy's Burger King notoriery though.

*two cents*

domingo

Star
BGOL Investor
Bottom line is this...she doesn't have a fan base that is going to justify a 13 million dollar payout. She pretty much fucked herself in the industry when she went at Lee Daniels, Tyler Perry, and Oprah. She might be worth more than 500K...definitely better than Amy Schumer. She might have been able to flip that opportunity into other ventures with Netflix. But karma is definitely a bitch. $500K is definitely more than the $0 she's getting now. But my question is...what the hell does she mean when she says at the end of the video "I love us for real" What does that have to do with this situation? She should have said " I love Me for real!"

Sorry Mo...you gonna take that "L" on this one

Camille

Kitchen Wench #TeamQuaid
Staff member
She should do it and then if it is popular she'd be in a better position to negotiate. I like Mo, but she hasn't done anything I'm aware of in years. I heard that was because she was blacklisted tho.

She can't really be compared to Dave, who left when everyone was wanting more, and had his shows still running in syndication. People were thirsting to see him make a comeback, none of her stuff has been circulating like that.

THE GRANDJURY

Rising Star
Registered
Maybe you don’t see her point or disagree with it but I do and agree their shouldn’t be a 12 million dollar gap between her and Amy.
Maybe to you or me there is no 12 million dollar gap. But there is a big world outside our demographic. Maybe millions of white folks love Amy, and we both know Monique don't have that type of popularity.

THE GRANDJURY

Rising Star
Registered
Yeah she should get 3 - 5 mill.
500k is low as shit.

Anyway i dont really like Netflix shows there is like one or two, not counting marvel. But marvel is leaving. So they better come with that fire or else it's curtains.
Marvel shows is not leaving. All those shows are owned by both companies, they are considered Netflix original programming

Philli

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Monique's ego is ruining her career. She isn't popular and spent 2017 with no credits on IMDB. If Netflix approached Tiffany Haddish, she might be able to command more money than Monique because she is popular right now as a black female comedian. As many others have said, she should have used the Netflix platform to re-brand herself and get back into the popular culture. And they only asked her to do a 30 minute stand up. The big money comedians have to do close to an hour.

Last edited:

exiledking

Rising Star
OG Investor
Why doesn't she go the Louis CK route and produce/promote/sell her own?

If she thinks she has enough pull to have her fans boycott Netflix, then she should be able to get them to buy a comedy special directly from her, no?
The answer is in your question.

slewdem100

Rising Star
OG Investor
Question is how much did Netflix pay Cedric for his special...thats really her level right now...I don't appreciate being told to boycott Netflix because her not getting paid what she wants is a gender and racial issue...thats pretty fucking disgusting....don't make a mockery of Black issues...she is very talented but she went about this wrong....I don't like Amy but she definitely has her audience and is a huge name

exiledking

Rising Star
OG Investor
Monique's ego is ruing her career. She isn't popular and spent 2017 with no credits on IMDB. If Netflix approached Tiffany Haddish, she might be able to command more money than Monique because she is popular right now as a black female comedian. As many others have said, she should have used the Netflix platform to rebrand herself and get back into the popular culture. And they only asked her to do a 30 minute stand up. The big money comedians have to do close to an hour.
Tiffany Haddish can definitely get more than her right now. Even with Tiffany on her first hour long special that she probably isn’t even ready for has the HEAT on her to where she would definitely get much more than Monique right now. Monique can’t even get on Saturday night live at this point. And she doesn’t need to because she is a legacy act that has a reliable fan base- but that fan base isn’t strong enough to warrant anything crazy from the Netflix platform. Shit, her talk show was on tvone. None of these smaller outlets should be shit on , but they are smaller. She makes a good living.

Last edited:

ballscout1

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
She needs to fire her husband as her manager....he don't know what the fuck he is doing and letting her dig herself into a hole....

She doesn't just burn bridges she blows the mofokrs up.

She will never get netflix to do shit by calling for a boycott because they don't think her return is worth schumer rock or chappelle

She won't ever get backing from Perry Winfrey or the director telling them to suck her dick onstage. .

Kinda hard to get allies even if she has a point with her crash and burn strategy and her husband to damn stupid to direct her approach that can build a base

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
I hope she finally shaved her legs, and stopped rocking buffalo pants.

Kaotic

Dancing with the devil in the pale moon light...
Platinum Member
She is her own worst enemy... Always complaining about someone else's money.. When she was hot, her head got to fucking big..Telling cats to kick rocks with scripts offers and shit...Well here you go.

Hey Julian!

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I agree that she should command a bigger payday. But I dont think this was a good idea.
She could've easily negotiated $1+mill, but she answered her own question in the video. She said they based it on Amy Schumer selling out MSG, all she had to due was book a large venue and sell it out(If she can). It'd be undisputable proof and use their own logic to justify more pay. You can see Netflix is looking squarely at the numbers. What's more is her name hasn't been out there like that since Precious and the way Netflix is giving out comedy specials she could've easily gotten subsequent bigger deals if this one proved successful. Not to mention expand her audience. That pride is fucking up her long game.