Mo’Nique calls for boycott of Netflix over gender, color bias

peterlongshort

Rising Star
Platinum Member
yeah netflix thought she was a filler...here goes 500k so that some of our customers who are bored on a really cold sunday and no football is on and have already seen all the good movies on our catalog can watch to pass time..the monique special..thats what she was in their eyes
And that's being generous, most black comedians are breaking on social media, not TV/Film/Netflix/Tom Joyner Cruise. That's the reality. Monique has 213k followers on instagram. Jess Hilarious has 2.8 million followers. Mr. Hotspot 1.1 million. This resume shit is out the window. Shit, Amy Shumer has 6.3 million followers.

Ma'am, have a seat.

GAMBINO

Rising Star
OG Investor
Well let me let the cat out the bag. Monique is the actress I'm working with in Atlanta. We're finishing a documentary and two feature films that I wrote and directed. To be honest I know the whole back story on the Netflix deal and I'll go into it more once we get a few things squared off. Monique gon be alright I got her in 3 dope projects that's gonna secure her more Oscars. Trust me.

Pimpslap Slim

The Villain
BGOL Investor
She could have used the Netflix deal to get half a mil and more exposure to get back in the game. but nooooooo......now she'll be even more frowned upon.

GAMBINO

Rising Star
OG Investor
She could have used the Netflix deal to get half a mil and more exposure to get back in the game. but nooooooo......now she'll be even more frowned upon.

Trust me bro we got Netflix in the bag still she ain't fuck up the bag yet. The person at Netflix knows he did some shady shit in Canada years ago with Monique. They coming back to the table with something.

keone

WORLD WAR K aka Sensei ALMONDZ
International Member
I agree that she should command a bigger payday. But I dont think this was a good idea.
in the interview i posted she telling everything and they are getting raped. the movie all about Christmas collectively they didnt even get paid a mill:lol::smh::smh:
and to be honest white actress who get paid low are using the same tactic.

exiledking

Rising Star
OG Investor
She could've easily negotiated $1+mill, but she answered her own question in the video. She said they based it on Amy Schumer selling out MSG, all she had to due was book a large venue and sell it out(If she can). It'd be undisputable proof and use their own logic to justify more pay. You can see Netflix is looking squarely at the numbers. What's more is her name hasn't been out there like that since Precious and the way Netflix is giving out comedy specials she could've easily gotten subsequent bigger deals if this one proved successful. Not to mention expand her audience. That pride is fucking up her long game.
What’s funny is when they asked her about why she should get certain amounts, she gave her resume. Then she asked them about Amy Shumer and when they gave her NUMBERS( selling out MSG) she tried to say that was them saying Amy’s resume. No, that’s what Amy sells NOW, not what she’s done in the past.

Mind you, I don’t even like Amy and her last shit tanked. I used to like her but even she won’t get that same number for her next special, but she’ll still get more than Monique. That’s just facts. We live too much of a time on analytics to be listening to Monique’s bullshit.

exiledking

Rising Star
OG Investor
Trust me bro we got Netflix in the bag still she ain't fuck up the bag yet. The person at Netflix knows he did some shady shit in Canada years ago with Monique. They coming back to the table with something.
In her story she told on Sway they already pulled any offers on her though.

Ill Paragraph

Lord of the Perfect Black
BGOL Investor
Peace,

Well let me let the cat out the bag. Monique is the actress I'm working with in Atlanta. We're finishing a documentary and two feature films that I wrote and directed. To be honest I know the whole back story on the Netflix deal and I'll go into it more once we get a few things squared off. Monique gon be alright I got her in 3 dope projects that's gonna secure her more Oscars. Trust me.

Great shit, bruh!!! Keep doing your thing.

Amajorfucup

Rising Star
Platinum Member
in the interview i posted she telling everything and they are getting raped. the movie all about Christmas collectively they didnt even get paid a mill:lol::smh::smh:
and to be honest white actress who get paid low are using the same tactic.
Where is the interview young bro?

My issue is its hard for her to stand on the race issue when we see the numbers the black comics have gotten. The gender issue is even harder because that entire movement is for and about white women and NONE will come to her defense. Going public with negotiations will also cause some corporations to be hesitant to deal with her going forward considering her popularity and demand isnt as high as it once was. It will be easier for them to discount her as not being worth the headache.

To be clear tho, i think she should be within the $2million range. Im just not sure this was the right way to handle this one. Im wondering if her team is just bad at negotiating.

But i will check out the interview to hear a more detailed explanation from her...

keone

WORLD WAR K aka Sensei ALMONDZ
International Member
Where is the interview young bro?

My issue is its hard for her to stand on the race issue when we see the numbers the black comics have gotten. The gender issue is even harder because that entire movement is for and about white women and NONE will come to her defense. Going public with negotiations will also cause some corporations to be hesitant to deal with her going forward considering her popularity and demand isnt as high as it once was. It will be easier for them to discount her as not being worth the headache.

To be clear tho, i think she should be within the $2million range. Im just not sure this was the right way to handle this one. Im wondering if her team is just bad at negotiating.

But i will check out the interview to hear a more detailed explanation from her...

Blackmayne

Rising Star
Registered
She might as well dig a ditch
... that career is almost over! 500k is not a bad look esp if she killed it and used it to mount her comback then she could have parlayed that into a bigger payday.... her career been ice cold and blackballed... why burn another bridge

exiledking

Rising Star
OG Investor
They offered her more than the 500 k but she wanted schumer money.

They said too much distance between them so no sense continuing and they'll just pass on the special
What's funny is her assuming she has the power to get a significant enough influence to boycott Netflix lol. And even funnier that Netflix, which didn't exist until a few years ago in this form has so much reach now that she's out here whining about what they'll give her. I've met her before , and.shes a nice lady but she's just way off on how markets work, which is strange , given her time in tbe business

dawilleyone

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
They approached her and tried to low ball her (based off some fuckin Analytics). I'm sorry but there's just no way you can explain a 500K offer for any established comedian. They should came with at least 1-2 million. Having said that Monique needs to build her brand back up.

Schumer ain't that funny, but she was in a top summer movie (which she wrote) a couple years ago and also had a successful TV show too.

What Netflix should have said, is basically what have you done LATELY that's gonna guarantee us Amy Schumer type eyes. By going public she can forget about further deals tho.

Last edited:

THE GRANDJURY

Rising Star
Registered
How she asking Sway questions that he truly can't be honest on, without being offensive, and possibly pissing off Monique fans. She pretty much tried to ask him if shes a legend like Chappelle and Rock, doesnt she deserve their money.

mrdiego2020

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
giphy.gif
:lol::roflmao:

THE GRANDJURY

Rising Star
Registered
I just heard the entire interview, and other then her expecting Chappelle money, I agree with her and how the industry is treating her and black people. She is being raped financially and is finally taking a stand. Can't be mad at her for that, but she just need to say fuck Hollywood and do everything independent. And fuck Oprah

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
A few things........

as trash as Amy Schumaer is.......Monique doesn't bring her audience in.
I'm not even going to comment on Chris Rock and Dave Chappelle......if they got 50 million then yeah she deserves 500,000.

These celeb's kill me...they be sitting good....living good....eating good....but soon as they done wrong.....they want US all to join them in the boycott. But you not joining no one's boycott or supporting anyone until it effects YOU.

Monique losing me with this one.

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I just heard the entire interview, and other then her expecting Chappelle money, I agree with her and how the industry is treating her and black people. She is being raped financially and is finally taking a stand. Can't be mad at her for that, but she just need to say fuck Hollywood and do everything independent. And fuck Oprah

I'm not watching that shit but I'm interested to see how she feels Hollywood is treating her and other black people because she hasn't said SHIT until now. Yet, everyone including black people keep talking about how she's wilding. Two sides to every story though.

trstar

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
22x less than Amy is a huge difference. She may have to go independent to get her paper.

exiledking

Rising Star
OG Investor
They approached her and tried to low ball her (based off some fuckin Analytics). I'm sorry but there's just no way you can explain a 500K offer for any established comedian. They should came with at least 1-2 million. Having said that Monique needs to build her brand back up.

Schumer ain't that funny, but she was in a top summer movie (which she wrote) a couple years ago and also had a successful TV show too.

What Netflix should have said, is basically what have you done LATELY that's gonna guarantee us Amy Schumer type eyes. By going public she can forget about further deals tho.
We don't know what they really said. We're just going off her loony ass perspective. I only say loony cuz she's crossing herself up a lot.

World B Free

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Reminds of the chick in the Aziz situation, the chick overplayed her hand & Monique is overplaying her hand. She's using racism, & we already know America is racist of fuck, to increase her paycheck. Seriously, Monique isn't hot right now & Netflix is paying what the market will bear. Instead of playing her position, she's boycotting for more money..., sounds like she's hustling backwards.

ballscout1

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Question is how much did Netflix pay Cedric for his special...thats really her level right now...I don't appreciate being told to boycott Netflix because her not getting paid what she wants is a gender and racial issue...thats pretty fucking disgusting....don't make a mockery of Black issues...she is very talented but she went about this wrong....I don't like Amy but she definitely has her audience and is a huge name

I disagree,Cedric is funny.

She on Nephew Tommy level