Mo’Nique calls for boycott of Netflix over gender, color bias

cli-terminator

Retired ManWhore
BGOL Investor
giphy.gif

Philli

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
A boycott really? I guess Mo' Nique doesn't want a career anymore. Now, she has every right to negotiate a better contract and use the numbers of what other comedians are getting but she has to know where she stands in this comedic economy. She is not going to get paid what unfunny Amy Schmuer is getting because Schumer has sold out arenas. Mo' Nique couldn't do that ever.

She has now put herself in a bad position because I am not sure where she is even going to get another $500k contract from.

Last edited:

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Netflix did lie about the “Resume” aspect because your resume dictates how much you can command.

With that said, Mo’Nique ain’t hit in these streets like that so she can’t command anywhere near what those other comics were paid.

Dannyblueyes

Aka Illegal Danny
BGOL Investor
I'll boycott Netflix, but only because their originals are shit. They blew $90M on that Bad Boys rippoff with Mexican Orcs for Christsake

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member

The Fuck...

Netflix has more original shows, movies, and documentaries starring people of Color then all of these networks combined and I'm not even lumping in the Foreign shit.

They literally hand out shows like Candy.

I've seen a shit ton of black smaller movies all over Netflix. What is she talking about?

*wait. Went back and watched the video. She has a fantastic point. But they are basing their payout on how popular the person is. Monique ain't headlining shows like that.

Yeah I hate to tell her... but Monique isn't bringing in the views like a Amy Shumer and especially a Chris Rock and Jerry Seinfeld.

You would need to compare how much she was paid in comparison to Micheal Che, Amy Wong, and a Norm MacDonald.

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
I'll boycott Netflix, but only because their originals are shit. They blew $90M on that Bad Boys rippoff with Mexican Orcs for Christsake

So are you saying that every single Netflix original is SHIT.

Cause that's a topic worthy discussion in on itself.

Hotlantan

Beep beep. Who's got the keys to the Jeep? VROOM!
BGOL Investor
Did y'all actually listen to her? She said that Netflix offered her $500,000 to do a half-hour comedy special, but she wants the same $11 MILLION that Chris Rock. Dave Chappelle and reportedly Amy Schumer got.
She never said that overall Netflix programming has any color bias or gender bias.
Monique is claiming that Netflix is now racist and sexist solely because they won't pay HER more than a HALF MILLION DOLLARS to do one 30 MINUTE stand-up special.
Maybe she should solicit boycott support from other Black Hollywood power brokers like Oprah Winfrey and Tyler Perry and Lee Daniels and... oh wait...
:hypnotised:

roots69

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Nah... Aint no way in hell, I would stand behind any of those clowns coming outta hollywood!!!

Drayonis

Thedogyears.com
BGOL Investor
Did y'all actually listen to her? She said that Netflix offered her $500,000 to do a half-hour comedy special, but she wants the same $11 MILLION that Chris Rock. Dave Chappelle and reportedly Amy Schumer got.
She never said that overall Netflix programming has any color bias or gender bias.
Monique is claiming that Netflix is now racist and sexist solely because they won't pay HER more than a HALF MILLION DOLLARS to do one 30 MINUTE stand-up special.
Maybe she should solicit boycott support from other Black Hollywood power brokers like Oprah Winfrey and Tyler Perry and Lee Daniels and... oh wait...

Yeah, she pulling a Will and Jada on this one...You are using racism as a reason you aren't commanding that pay vs. the fact that you aren't that popular.

Philli

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

She is comparing herself to Amy Schumer only. She states that Chris Rock and Dave Chappelle got something like $20 million and that Schumer negotiated her contract from $11 million to $13 million based off of what Rock and Chappelle got because they are legends.

Database Error

You're right dawg
OG Investor
A boycott really? I guess Mo' Nique doesn't want a career anymore. Now, she has every right to negotiate a better contract and use the numbers of what other comedians are getting but she has to know where she stands in this comedic economy. She is not going to get paid what unfunny Amy Schmuer is getting because Schumer has sold out arenas. Mo' Nique couldn't do that ever.

She has now put herself in a bad position because I am not sure where she is even going to get another $500k contract from.
Exactly it had nothing to do with sex or race it was about Monique.