BGOL BLACK PANTHER Movie Thread [Black Panther: Wakanda Forever drops on Disney+ 2/1/23]

HAR125LEM

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Movie about Africa and Africans

Not a single scene was shot in Africa

Koreans made money off this film but not Africans in Motherland

Great overlooked points.
Especially since most SFX houses are located in primarily Asian countries
This is why, though I have my REAL IMAX tix for Opening Day,
I haven't been caught up in all the symbolism many of our folks have for this film.

At the end of the day, DISNEY/MARVEL are still WHITE studios.
So their objective is more bottom line GREEN than it is "helping" Black Folks in Hollywood.
Peeps are acting like BLACK PANTHER is the Second coming.

Me Personally,
As a Comic Book Fan since the 60s, I just want to see a GOOD Movie.

JerZ

Rising Star
Registered
Black Panther had the biggest first day ticket presale of any Marvel movie
https://www.theverge.com/2018/1/10/...ance-ticket-sales-record-marvel-civil-war-mcu

Captain America: Civil War has held the record since 2016

By Kaitlyn Tiffany Jan 10, 2018, 4:12pm ESTCaptain America: Civil War, which was released in 2016.

In a press release, Fandango also reported results from a user survey, saying Black Pantherwas 2018’s second most-anticipated movie (behind Avengers: Infinity War) and that star Chadwick Boseman was the most-anticipated standalone comic book movie hero.

Marvel’s magic factory: a behind-the-scenes look at Black Panther, Thor: Ragnarok, and more[/paste:font]
This should come as no surprise. Last summer, the critical and box office response to DC’s Wonder Woman proved unequivocally that representation is important to movie-going audiences, and that a superhero doesn’t have to be played by a white dude named Chris to fill seats. With $100.5 million in North America and an additional $122.5 million internationally, Patty Jenkins’ Wonder Woman had the biggest-ever opening weekend for a film directed by a woman. It was a box office giant by any measure — the 16th superhero movie ever to break $100 million domestically in its first weekend, and the third highest-grossing DC movie behind Christopher Nolan’s The Dark Knight and The Dark Knight Rises.

And the social media excitement around Black Panther has been unavoidable in recent months. Kendrick Lamar recently announced that he produced the soundtrack at the Ryan Coogler’s personal request, and debuted a new song with Vince Staples as part of the film’s latest TV spot. The first full trailer was viewed 89 million times in its first 24 hours, and year-end data compiled by Twitter showed that Black Panther was the ninth most tweeted about film of 2017, the only one on the list that hadn’t even been released yet. High expectations can be a recipe for frustration when people actually see the movie — look at the endless online war over The Last Jedi — but the film’s fandom still has a few weeks to enjoy their anticipation.

raze

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Movie about Africa and Africans

Not a single scene was shot in Africa

Koreans made money off this film but not Africans in Motherland

If the movie was shot entirely in Africa, you would still find something to complain about. You claim to be unwilling to support the movie because of "the Jews" But you have absolutely no problem CREATING and participating in a Game of Thrones thread, one of the biggest on the board, a show produced and adapted by two Jewish guys. A fantasy series that seems unable to cast more than two black actors at a time or hire black people for positions behind the camera. THOSE TWO PRODUCERS ATTEMPTED TO CREATE AN HBO SERIES WHERE THE CONFEDERACY WON THE WAR AND SLAVERY STILL EXISTED. Did you stop watching Game of Thrones? Did you tell board members to stop watching? Did you complain about them like you're doing with Black Panther? Are you dumb enough to think that watching and discussing, essentially promoting GoT on the internet but not subscribing to HBO has no effect show's success? Stop it with the fake outrage and find another thread to go trolling.

Last edited:

TimRock

Don't let me be misunderstood
BGOL Investor
If the movie was shot entirely in Africa, you would still find something to complain about. You claim to be unwilling to support the movie because of "the Jews" But you have no absolutely problem CREATING and participating in a Game of Thrones thread, one of the biggest on the board, a show produced and adapted by two Jewish guys. A fantasy series that seems unable to cast more than two black actors at a time or hire black people for positions behind the camera. THOSE TWO PRODUCERS ATTEMPTED TO CREATE AN HBO SERIES WHERE THE CONFEDERACY WON THE WAR AND SLAVERY STILL EXISTED. Did you stop watching Game of Thrones? Did you tell board members to stop watching? Did you complain about them like you're doing with Black Panther? Are you dumb enough to think that watching and discussing, essentially promoting GoT on the internet but not subscribing to HBO has no effect show's success? Stop it with the fake outrage and find another thread to go trolling.
Ether

GAMETHEORY

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
If the movie was shot entirely in Africa, you would still find something to complain about. You claim to be unwilling to support the movie because of "the Jews" But you have absolutely no problem CREATING and participating in a Game of Thrones thread, one of the biggest on the board, a show produced and adapted by two Jewish guys. A fantasy series that seems unable to cast more than two black actors at a time or hire black people for positions behind the camera. THOSE TWO PRODUCERS ATTEMPTED TO CREATE AN HBO SERIES WHERE THE CONFEDERACY WON THE WAR AND SLAVERY STILL EXISTED. Did you stop watching Game of Thrones? Did you tell board members to stop watching? Did you complain about them like you're doing with Black Panther? Are you dumb enough to think that watching and discussing, essentially promoting GoT on the internet but not subscribing to HBO has no effect show's success? Stop it with the fake outrage and find another thread to go trolling.

Chill.

T'Challa

Rising Star
Registered
Yo.... What if... Black Panther out grosses Infinity War...................................?

Just a thought, but then again Infinity war is a kind of a sequel to Black Panther since wakanda is gonna play a Prominent role in that film...... thats crazy tho

The Avengers fanbase
The Guardians Fanbase
The Black Panther fanbase all for one film....

raze

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Second single from the Black Panther soundtrack:

Eh. Would have preferred the track from the Rise TV spot.

Last edited:

DEETZ181

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
:itsawrap:

LSN

Phat booty lover.
BGOL Investor

nailed it.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
You know?

I know this is ridiculous

but Trump shithole comments could a reaction to the Black Panther being so popular?

raze

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
tumblr_p2ggnmxMmy1w36i71o1_r1_540.gif

tumblr_p2ggnmxMmy1w36i71o2_r1_540.gif

Day_Carver

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Look I understand why some don't want to support this movie...

Can ya'll do this?

Donate the price of the movie ticket you NOT buying?

To Sickle Cell Disease Awareness.

http://www.sctpn.net/1viralvoice/donate-now/

http://sicklecellwarriors.com/donate/

http://sicklecellfoundation.org/donations/

https://www.sicklecelldisease.org/
I dont understand why anyone that is us wont go and support movie! this is us and for us so for me, everyone who is black should be in the fucking movie theater when this comes out..........