NEED HELP!!! Starting a Sickle Cell Awareness Campaign for Feb w/ Black Panther

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Thank you ALL for your help a few months back

http://www.bgol.us/forum/threads/ne...ughters-sickle-cell-walk-in-september.963085/

I'm calling on the team AGAIN for February...

I know its Black History Month

and the Black Panther premiere

but I think it would be the PERFECT time to start some type of social media cause to raise awareness for this disease.

Cause if there REALLY was a Black Panther?

He would definitely be searching for a cure...

Ironically enough the ACTUAL Black Panthers were very active in Sickle Cell Awareness.

So all my writers, directors, bloggers, photographers, artists, consultants, lawyers, managers, musicians, pod-casters, actors, dancers, etc...

Can we mobilize once AGAIN to spread the word?

All ideas are welcome....

Peace

Dannyblueyes

Aka Illegal Danny
BGOL Investor
Just thinking out loud.

We need a sickle cell awareness page on Facebook. Something that leads to the local charities' websites. I'll donate some money towards promoting it.

Also I'm going to start Instagram DJing at the end of the month. I'll include links and promotion as well.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Just thinking out loud.

We need a sickle cell awareness page on Facebook. Something that leads to the local charities' websites. I'll donate some money towards promoting it.

Also I'm going to start Instagram DJing at the end of the month. I'll include links and promotion as well.

salute!!!!

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
YearlyJovialBeagle-max-1mb.gif

dagoon121

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Lets start a nonprofit
Get a 501c
And take donations/OPM to find a cure.
Seriously tho i support this

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Famous People with Sickle Cell Anemia Disease
Dec 12, 2013
Share on Facebook

Tweet on Twitter

The sickle cell anemia disease is a kind of inherited condition that can affect various organs of the body including the blood. The disease affects the red blood cells that cause sickling and produce pain and other types of symptoms. The sickle cell anemia can trigger conditions like infection, colds, low oxygen and dehydration. The disease is common to those individuals with family origin and the disease is commonly inherited by most of the babies that born in the UK. The main cause of the disease is inherited. It is a sudden change in the genes that have the ability to tell the body to produce the well-known protein which is hemoglobin.

The hemoglobin is located in the red blood cells that carry oxygen and give the blood its red color. The diagnosis of the sickle cell anemia is done through a blood test. A blood sample is used in order to see the type of hemoglobin that you have in your blood. This test is called hemoglobin electrophoresis. Lifelong monitoring and treatment is commonly needed in order to treat the sickle cell anemia disease and with the help of a variety of treatments, you can prevent other symptoms of the disease like infection.

5 Famous People
Here is a list of famous people with sickle cell anemia disease:

1. Tionne “T- Boz” Watkins.
A singer in the group of TLC that has the sickle cell anemia and also the spokesperson for the Sickle Cell Disease Association in the United States.

2. Prodigy.
A rapper also shares the experiences of having this disease and expressed a word of encouragement for all the individuals who are also suffering from sickle cell anemia.

3. Tiki Barber.
An American football player. The football player also gives advice on how to treat this disease.

4. Larenz Tate.
An actor that has the sickle cell anemia together with his two brothers. They raised a foundation that deals with awareness of the disease. The two brothers also shared their experiences on how to fight and treat the said disease. They also encourage other people not to be afraid with the sickle cell anemia since this can be treated.

5. Miles Davis.
A Jazz trumpet player also encountered this kind of disease. The trumpet player wants to express a variety of experiences and treatments on how to fight the disease.

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/smit...er-notes-to-new-miles-davis-biopic-180958658/

Sickle cell anemia is one of the most common genetic disorders especially in the United States. The disease is chronic yet treatable. You don’t need to be afraid if you encounter this kind of disease since the new technology of medicine already launched the solution for this disorder. The patients that have the sickle cell anemia require proper care and consultation to expert doctors. This way, the patient can make sure that the disorder can be treated. With the help of the new trends of technology especially in medical equipment, the sickle cell anemia can easily be treated. Just be sure that the proper medication and advice of the doctor is followed.

Defining-Sickle-Cell-Disease.jpg

Last edited:

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

Larenz Tate on Sickle Cell Disease

The actor wants people to know how serious the disease is and why it's important to get screened.

By Matt McMillen
This article is from the WebMD Feature Archive
WebMD archives content after 2 years to ensure our readers can easily find the most timely content.

To find the most current information, please enter your topic of interest into our search box.

" style="box-sizing: inherit; background: rgb(193, 222, 219); display: inline-block; color: rgb(34, 34, 34); font-family: "Roboto Condensed", Verdana, sans-serif; font-size: 0.7em; line-height: 0.9; margin-bottom: 1em; padding: 0px 1em 0.5em; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: -0.273104px;">FROM THE WEBMD ARCHIVES
September is Sickle Cell Disease Awareness Month, and for actor Larenz Tate, that means spreading the word about a chronic disease that disproportionately affects the African-American community.

"It's really important to know if you carry the disease," says Tate, 36, who recently costarred on FX's Rescue Me and in BET's made-for-TV movie Gun Hill, which premieres this fall.

As many as 100,000 people in the United States have the disease, which causes red blood cells to resemble sickles or crescents. The misshapen cells can reduce blood flow, which starves vital organs of oxygen and can lead to chronic fatigue and intense pain.

Many people who don't have the disease carry a gene for it. Screening is essential, a message Tate will spread this month via Facebook and Twitter (@LarenzTate). "If you can prevent the disease, you can really make a difference in someone's life," says Tate.

Soul On Ice

Democrat 1st!
Certified Pussy Poster

These cacs pulled out of a charity event on SC because of a peaceful protest by Eric Reid!
I'm fucking heated

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Fam,

Ya'll know I have a baby with Sickle Cell Disease, in fact she is just back in the hospital again second time in a month.

Just wanted to ask for my bgol fam to do what they do and assist us in getting support for the Sickle Cell Assembly Bill in New York State...

If ya' ll can all send a tweet or on Facebook

and tell Governor Cuomo to support this bill it would be a blessing.

I KNOW many of ya'll don't vote.

I understand.

But this is making these government officials actually DO THEIR JOBS

ESPECIALLY GOVERNOR Cuomo

twitter: @NYGovCuomo

e mail: https://www.governor.ny.gov/content/governor-contact-form

Phone: 1-518-474-8390

and help THOUSANDS of children and young adults

MANY of them Black to get treatment and support

I keep telling ya'll BGOL is MUCH MORE then an internet board.

Peace fam and thank you for your support...

sample tweet...

Please take a moment today (and every day!) to tweet Governor Andrew Cuomo to approve funding for sickle cell!
2764.png
1f4b0.png
1f4aa-1f3fd.png
@NYGovCuomo – Fully Fund the Sickle Cell Disease Assembly Bill 5313 and Senate Bill 4054.

Last edited: