Heavy D Dead at 44

callbacc

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Heavy's confidence, intelligence, and talent was inspirational. Dude was an exceptional artist from an era that will be missed. I believe that he got sick while overseas. He'd just done a Tim Westwood show, which was a fantastic interview:

The disturbing thing is that you can take any of these modern rappers/entertainers and they're not even half as articulate, industry savvy, or full of perspective as this legend.

FUCK.

R.I.P. Man.

I was looking for a recent interview
Thank's

Mr MajestiK

Rising Star
Registered
Rest In Peace Heavy D.

You were one of the unsung greats who stayed classy to the end.

Blue Funk till Infinity.

A$AP SaVaGe

Always Strive And Prosper
BGOL Investor
:smh: Death,Disease (Cancer), War,and Famine. Tectonic movement, Strange weather, no such thing as a coincidence. Something is up and I ain't referring to the Christian version of anything since their whole religion is a stolen collection from older beliefs.
:idea: the asteroid is like a spy satellite and as it zoomed by it collected data on our current situation.

:rolleyes:

Mo-Better

The R&B Master
OG Investor
a2gpq23mznhneuxkleze.gif

R.I.P. HEAVY D.

bborn

Rising Star
Registered
peace

This shit got me fucked up right now.
Dude represented for the Bronx and all the island massive too......

don't any motherfuckers know any CPR rescue procedures? :confused:

I know right:(:angry::(
peace
I hope this is another rumor...dude killed it @ the BET Hip Hop Awards (no pun intended :angry:)...that would be a fuckin shame...dude performed his ass off on that stage and shut shit down...refuse to believe it :angry:
If I'm not mistaken, looked like he had JazmineGuy up front so open during that she was ready for a flashback of some ski off of a mirror or toilet & bust out doing the Whitley dance:dance:
Why would puff need to pay for his funeral? D wasn't broke.

Damn Rip. Good vibes back in the day. He wasn't that bad an actor either.
One of the 1st & best to have ever done it if you really think about it.
Latifah was doing her thing & Big D was doing Him, consistently with reoccuring characters & good presence, big & little screens{Roc, NJDrive, LIFE, etc}, EARLY!

& STILL remember him trying to pull this young artist coat about being an entertainer & not no gangsta in patois when on the mic on that RosiePerez BernieMack hosted showcase she had on HBO in '92

Same year

GOT TO DO IT!

This was that KNOCK too when I heard it

Wow, the homegirl from BK was in that AlB video:cool:

To me, his HARDEST Dance joints he ever put out & probably on record for danceable R&B type hip hop tracks where u dance to him spitting are WeGotOurOwnThing extended version & YouCan'tSee:eek: Crazy Classic Wreck Catching Material!

From the good
{MCM & CocaCola DOWN from out the GATE in Jeeps with truck jewelry, the equivalent of BubbaLip busting out with the Big boy Bentley whip on his album debut}
through the bad & back showing em how to style when the time's right.

Always reppin the big manused to remember hearing about the BBQs he threw during the summer in the Vernon.

He used to slide through around the way with C Baltimore in the 90s as him & EddieF both had cribs there.

One night, this rapper chick out of CT was telling me about when she was trying to work with him & AZ when they were clicking.
After hearing this mixtape BANGA,

EVERYBODY (who was convinced that they were nice & somewaht conected:lol:) wanted to be & get on some shit like this throughout the TriState.

Knew some kats up out of Southside, QU who spit who knew of PI.

Like UltimateLurker said, he was a lil older than us.
As you grew & we grew, the game grew & your impact on it & the culture is irrefutable.

Damn, D passed the same day as my cuzzo's born day who was a big chick who passed a few back.
BlessTheDead!

Smooth, hitmaking kat with footwork, catching wreck & repping the culture all the way to Beverly Hills with class impacting those you've touched along the way & many more.
Kats STILL haven't & CAN'T Rock like you did

You will be missed like your youngirl said

:happymad::sad:SALUTE & BIGGEST RESPECT:cheers::dance::cool:

peace

dasmybikepunk

Wait for it.....
OG Investor
:eek::crymeariver::crymeariver::crymeariver::crymeariver:

I did not expect this!...I knew his weight and health was always an issue
but I thought he was just enjoying retirement.:smh::smh::smh:

RIP

PJN

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Re: Heavy D dead?

RIP...all the good or colorful ones are "leaving". Very soon it will be left with this spoiled entitled generation. I feel sorry for my kids.

A$AP SaVaGe

Always Strive And Prosper
BGOL Investor

iamdiddy iamdiddy
Heavy D is the person who gave me my 1st chance in the music industry. He got me my internship at Uptown. He Believed when no one else did.
20 minutes ago

Bonafide Brethren

Star
BGOL Investor

I am happy to have come up in a generation that had the opportunity to experience your passion...your talent. God speed on your peaceful journey. RIP

Bonafide Brethren

Star
BGOL Investor

I am happy to have come up in a generation that had the opportunity to experience your passion...your talent. God speed on your peaceful journey. RIP

hardcore_legend

Behind the Boards
BGOL Investor

RIP Heavy.

He was in the game along time and did his own thing when everybody else went gangsta.

I was just wondering last week if they would get him to do a new theme for the In Living Color reboot.

audio syndicate

Social Critic At-Large
BGOL Investor
there are few people who are known as an entertainer - rapper, dancer, singer, actor, producer, writer...he was known for all of those things. listening to the westwood interview, he produced hits for other rappers, and produced what is known by most to be a classic song - summer rain by carl thomas. 8 pages of replies and not a single bad thing said about him....he defined an era of music and was still producing relevant content. tonight I am saddened by this man's full and true potential only being partially realized. r.i.p. to a legend.

BDR

BeatDownRecs
BGOL Investor
This got me fucked up on some real shit... did explain what was the cause of his death?