Zab Judah: Mayweather was the Most Skilled Boxer I Ever Fought

The Plutonian

The Anti Bullshitter
BGOL Investor
Yeah it's probably boring to the average boxing fan but if you love the sweet science then you love watching what he did to Canelo, a straight boxing clinic. What he did to Gatti was brutal. I was feeling sorry for Gatti during that fight.

Ikr, mfs be like damn. I can’t hit this mf and shit now I’m getting tired....all this dancing and shit....fucking 8th round? Tha fuck.....shit....my legs gone...he gone catch me with...damn, damn! Blam! Lights out

slewdem100

Rising Star
OG Investor
Roberto was a full blown middleweight. It was like asking Floyd to fight GGG.
Wrong...Roberto moved up several weight classes and one of them was middlerweight...before the SRL, Hagler, Hearns fights he had a years long reign as lightweight champion throughout the 70s and is generally regarded as the greatest lightweight of all time...Floyd-Duran prime matchup would be at lightweight (maybe welterweight too but lightweight is the big one)

BKF

Rising Star
Registered
Wrong...Roberto moved up several weight classes and one of them was middlerweight...before the SRL, Hagler, Hearns fights he had a years long reign as lightweight champion throughout the 70s and is generally regarded as the greatest lightweight of all time...Floyd-Duran prime matchup would be at lightweight (maybe welterweight too but lightweight is the big one)
Floyd came up from feather weight and dabbled at the higher weight classes.
Duran actually fought at the higher weight class. His most known fights are at the higher weight class. Like I said..he was a full blown middle weight.

doug777

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
when he was asked about fighing floyd in back in the early 00's after a fight mosley said " well you know larry , i gotta go on vacation and think some things out".lol
There's no way that's true, in the early 2000's Mosley was fighting at 147/154, Mayweather was fighting at 130/135.

sickwidit

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
...and then Mosley realized that Floyd had a lot of heart behind that skill and style...rumor is Floyd told Mosley "you gonna have to kill me" when that shot landed...only heard the rumor once so not gonna swear by it but Floyd definitely started beating up Mosley worse after Shane wobbled him

He also told Mosley to stop tapping gloves and that they was in a fight and put it on him after that.

doug777

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
How did he ducked them? Shane was the bigger name at the time and Floyd was calling for the fight. Shane side stepped him.
Mosley has never ducked Mayweather. Mosley is going to jump two weight classes to fight big punchers like ODH and Vernon Forest and a big jr middle like Winky Wright but he's scared of Mayweather?

fles

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Exactly. People keep saying Floyd ducked everybody. He fought everybody.

Yup. And when he fight them in their prime, they were too "young", "inexperienced", etc. Case in point - Canelo.

He made Canelo look inexperienced, that's how great the man was. Just like how he made the one of the greatest counterpunchers of ALL time, J. M Marquez look like a sparring partner, AFTER close to two years off!!

The man is a legend

doug777

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Exactly. People keep saying Floyd ducked everybody. He fought everybody.
I was about to ask what fighters he was accused of ducking but then I remembered he was at one time thought to be ducking Pacquiao and many people thought he wanted nothing to do with Paul Williams.

shaddyvillethug

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
When did yo lil ass turn into a troll? Damn near every thread you are trying to be a contrarian. Duran would not have touched Floyd and he would have went No Mas just like he did with Sugar.

i doubt it breh and I’m not the only one who thinks that

sahusahir

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The

Video don't lie. You dispelled a lot of yada. I like Shane Mosley too. Floyd just on another level. Shane wouldn't commit b/c it may not have been worth it for him at the time like Roy said. Shane wasn't scared.

BDR

BeatDownRecs
BGOL Investor
Real boxing heads know what time it is.. Been telling you clowns Floyd’s mastery of the defense and the goat counter puncher for years now..

2nd best counter puncher is Marquez hence why we kept saying he gonna have to knock Pacquaio out because any decisions will go to PAC.

PDQ21

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Real boxing heads know what time it is.. Been telling you clowns Floyd’s mastery of the defense and the goat counter puncher for years now..

2nd best counter puncher is Marquez hence why we kept saying he gonna have to knock Pacquaio out because any decisions will go to PAC.
Most skilled by far but if u expect to get your moneys worth then forget about it

Floyd had numerous super boring fights and I'm not talking about the fights like Canelo cause that was a complete masterpiece

I know ppl in here don't like when u talk bad about Floyd but it's true he had sum horribly boring fights FACTS

Floyd work ethic is top notch which I respect to the fullest

BKF

Rising Star
Registered
The

Video don't lie. You dispelled a lot of yada. I like Shane Mosley too. Floyd just on another level. Shane wouldn't commit b/c it may not have been worth it for him at the time like Roy said. Shane wasn't scared.
Whether he was scared or not I can't speak to that. All I know is like I said he side stepped him for whatever reason (scared, money, not interested, etc...). So it's the stupidest shit for people to continue to say Floyd waits until people are aged before fighting them with all of the evidence to the contrary. People act like (especially casual fans who started watching from his fights after Oscar or Pac) think he was always Money Mayweather.

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member
Yup. And when he fight them in their prime, they were too "young", "inexperienced", etc. Case in point - Canelo.

He made Canelo look inexperienced, that's how great the man was. Just like how he made the one of the greatest counterpunchers of ALL time, J. M Marquez look like a sparring partner, AFTER close to two years off!!

The man is a legend

I felt Shane and Cotto was his best Money Mayweather display

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member
Whether he was scared or not I can't speak to that. All I know is like I said he side stepped him for whatever reason (scared, money, not interested, etc...). So it's the stupidest shit for people to continue to say Floyd waits until people are aged before fighting them with all of the evidence to the contrary. People act like (especially casual fans who started watching from his fights after Oscar or Pac) think he was always Money Mayweather.

Great fucking point

He want top rank to let him fight Margarito and Cotto back to back but that didn’t happen.

Cotto had to leave Top Rank to fight lil Floyd, in the process he made his best purse.....

(I think that’s how everything went, if I’m off a bit correct me)

BKF

Rising Star
Registered
Great fucking point

He want top rank to let him fight Margarito and Cotto back to back but that didn’t happen.

Cotto had to leave Top Rank to fight lil
Floyd wanted to fight the bigger names (Champions) and was willing to move up to fight them. Cotto nor Margarito were big names.

Floyd wanted to fight Oscar badly, yet people today say he was a cherry picker. Oscar (along with Shane) was a big name fighter who fought big named skill fighters in a higher weight division.

How in the fuck could anyone call trying to fight those dudes at a higher weight division a cherry picker???

The only way for Floyd to fight Oscar was to exercise the option in his contract to buy himself out from Top Rank and he did.

In 2005 he calls for a fight with Oscar. (as well Shane and others) but Arum wanted no parts in making that fight.
In 2006 Mayweather buys himself out of his contract with Top Rank and then in 2007 he fights Oscar.
It wasn't until later after Pretty Boy Floyd became Money Mayweather in 2010 that Shane decides after coming off of a big win over Margarito (who slaughter Cotto) that he finally decides to fight Floyd.
How the fuck is that Floyd's fault?? I don't get it.

slewdem100

Rising Star
OG Investor
Both Duran and Floyd were lightweight champions....not sure why people running this con game of Duran being too big...just make em fight at lighweight....Duran defended the lightweight title 12 fucking times....he wasn't just passing through at that weight...lots of folks only know Duran from the SRL, Hearns, Hagler era....I was one of them until I started noticing experts rating Duran higher than SRL, Hearns and Hagler P4P even though he said no mas to SRL, got knocked out by Hearns and lost to Hagler....so I had to research...that man had a whole career before he fought those dudes....saying Duran would beat Floyd is no diss to Floyd...if you think so, maybe you need to read up on Duran

As for Zab's quote, it makes sense...Floyd would be the most skillful fighter he fought...shit, Floyd was the most skillful fighter of that era...and Mickey Ward can be his hardest fight....both things can be true

There are some curious misses in Floyd's career but a young Shane Mosley is not one of them...and a fighter can't fight everybody available either...Floyd handled his career perfectly from a business perspective...definitely one of the greatest

sahusahir

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Both Duran and Floyd were lightweight champions....not sure why people running this con game of Duran being too big...just make em fight at lighweight....Duran defended the lightweight title 12 fucking times....he wasn't just passing through at that weight...lots of folks only know Duran from the SRL, Hearns, Hagler era....I was one of them until I started noticing experts rating Duran higher than SRL, Hearns and Hagler P4P even though he said no mas to SRL, got knocked out by Hearns and lost to Hagler....so I had to research...that man had a whole career before he fought those dudes....saying Duran would beat Floyd is no diss to Floyd...if you think so, maybe you need to read up on Duran

As for Zab's quote, it makes sense...Floyd would be the most skillful fighter he fought...shit, Floyd was the most skillful fighter of that era...and Mickey Ward can be his hardest fight....both things can be true

There are some curious misses in Floyd's career but a young Shane Mosley is not one of them...and a fighter can't fight everybody available either...Floyd handled his career perfectly from a business perspective...definitely one of the greatest
My pops was into boxing. My brother was golden gloves in NY. They both had a high regard for Duran. He was a beast.
Roberto Durán - Wikipedia https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roberto_Dur%C3%A1n