"WW C"- COVID-19, GLOBAL CASES SURPASS 676 MILLION...CASES 676,609,955 DEATHS 6,881,955 US CASES 103,804,263 US DEATHS 1,123,836 8:30pm 1/28/24

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

code_pirahna

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I'm starting to hear a lot if these stories which is making me wonder about the accuracy of the COVID tests we currently have, particularly over the counter tests.

Last week at least two people in my office (who I work in close proximity to) tested positive for COVID.

A third woman who sits directly next to and is best friends with one of them also got very sick with symptoms. However, her test came back negative though she even wondered if the negative test is accurate. This is the second time this woman was exposed to COVID and become sick immediately after only to test negative.

What I do know is these instances of people still catching COVID keeps me on my toes because whenever I start to question whether I should still be as diligent with wearing my mask I end up hearing of these exposures and positive tests which confirms I need to keep doing what I'm doing no matter what everyone chooses to do.
Yeah I have been debating about stopping my mask in the Summer when its warm but I need to see how the Summer plays out. This virus has not become seasonal yet.

easy_b

Look into my eyes you are getting sleepy!!!
BGOL Investor

A lot of white people underestimated the power of Covid. This is why employers are going crazy right now because they know the pool of working people as small as fuck right now. And generation Z want more money which I don’t blame them.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
I work in health care (NOT in nursing or this particular union below) ... and our new CBA was ratified earlier this year. Wage increase for us kicked in on April 1st, and we're awaiting our additional retroactive wage adjustment (for April 2022 - 2023) in the months ahead. May take awhile as tens of thousands of employees under various sectors are represented.